• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Starcraft II Retail Version - RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
Your entire post assumes that I am referring to literal 1:1 equivalencies, whereas I am simply stating that they represent similar ideas (such as expansions representing key points and map control).

I strongly suggest you look into the SC pro scene if you want some perspective on the matter; I don't get the impression you know, well, anything about it. Conversely, since I obviously have only played DoW at the inhouse level, I would be glad to watch one or two high level videos if you post them.

Level 3
someone ban this troll

Me?I'm the one posting my objective ideas about the games and you quote my big post and reply with a single ''you'r ignorant''.How am I a troll?If i'm wront somewhere quote the specific text and write your arguments to support that i really am wrong.Writing ''ban this troll'' just because you can't argue with me without insulting just proves how you shouldn't even participate in this argument.

Level 11
Arguing about whether or not DoW or SC2 requires more "strategy" is useless because both games are well balanced, require significant amounts of APM at high levels of play, and have a variety of tactics involved in winning. No person could actually be considered so good at either game that they cannot be better.

I personally feel that starcraft is well balanced, mostly due to the fact that it has fewer races, but meh, I don't play DoW, so I can't really speak for it.

In short, you should all stfu and stop arguing over which one is better. I highly doubt that any of you have played enough of both games to really determine that. Furthermore, this is a thread about Starcraft II, so there's no point even discussing DoW. :\

Level 11
You can't really say this:

Arguing about whether or not DoW or SC2 requires more "strategy" is useless because both games are well balanced, require significant amounts of APM at high levels of play, and have a variety of tactics involved in winning.

And then say this:

but meh, I don't play DoW, so I can't really speak for it.

But I agree with:

:)

saying DoW is better on a Starcraft II forums is just trolling.

Level 22
You can't really say this:
saying DoW is better on a Starcraft II forums is just trolling.

True. Also now that they posted this GomTV and such big prizes, I wanna see such prizes being done for DoW... The game is sponsored for a reason and is now the new best for esports no matter what DoW may have as better feature and what not. I told you (all) in the beginning, you shouldnt even mention a game that is not played as much as SC1,war3 or I guess now SC2.

Level 10
Anyway i was playing it today. And i played two guys who spammed. Stalkers and roaches -.- Oh my gawd...... And they rushed me. when i was building my army defence. I really really hate rushers and spammers espically when they are mixed together.

But the game is a definte buy. Apart from facing people of your skill level is complete BS

Level 11
I'm 20 games into the practice league. I win most of the time. Trick seems to be make sure you can survive a reaper rush, have my SC2 iphone app to tell me what counters their units, and have multiple expansions. It seems like thats #1 reason why I win. People dont expand or dont expand excessively. I usually end the game with thousands of resources caz I reach my pop cap in those 2v2 games.

I also like to "toy" with my enemy to make the victory last. I feel the real leagues are a lot harder to dick around in like I do.

Level 10
yeah i just played a 4 vs 4
Void rayed rushed
Omg they spammed them the entire time.
and one guy spammed reapers.
Another spammed vikings. The zerg player spammed roaches
we lost of course.... but the next game i played. We owned. 1 guy was thors. 1 guy spammed vikings, and i was base defence. We basically owned. As i used everything in the techtree. I love siegetanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.