• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The cast on yourself bug I thought had been remedied with my distance check....

If a unit is moving, its coordinates and the spell target coordinates will not be the same when cast upon its portrait, so your check will be false. Generally, the offset will be less than the unit's collision, though, so I've used
JASS:
IsUnitInRangeXY(GetTriggerUnit(), GetSpellTargetX(), GetSpellTargetY(), 0)
to check for self-casts.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
Belhammer and Ice Shards look really really nice when you cast them lots of times. Unfortunately, I did not try this out when I was judging. I think if a spell has to be cast lots of times simultaneously in order to realize its potential, perhaps it should have looked like that just from one cast. Maybe I am seeing it wrong.

Frozen Orb looks pretty wild on a fast computer. Too bad it lags tremendously on lower spec computers.

I liked Sheep Strike the best visually when I was judging, but I couldn't give it a full score in triggering because of the leaks.

Level 37
Thanks to Vengeancekale for making the video.

Belhammer and Ice Shards look really really nice when you cast them lots of times. Unfortunately, I did not try this out when I was judging.

Actually in the original game, Ice Shards has no cooldown, the casting is limited by casting speed. By default it is 100% which translates to about once per second. The max is 300%, about three casts per second, which every "sharder" should have :)

Thanks for hosting the contest, now I have one more spell for my Powerslave map.

Status
Not open for further replies.