• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Heureka , after bein busy cuz of school i had time and managed to create a WIP how the first spell will look like
Had some probs with vJass cuz vJass sux but after all everything works fine

My Spells will be :

Sends out souls stealing Healthpoints from enemys units delivering it to the Essence Stealer and also distorts the affected units causing them to take a small amount of damage over time. If an effected unit is already under the effect of Mind Leech the souls will explode a part of its mana dealing damage in an radius.

Level 1 : 80 Hp stolen , 2 Dps over 6 seconds , 20% Mana destoyed if under the effect of Mind Leech
Level 2 : 120 Hp stolen , 4 Dps over 8 seconds , 30% Mana destoyed if under the effect of Mind Leech
Level 3 : 160 Hp stolen , 6 Dps over 10 seconds , 40% Mana destoyed if under the effect of Mind Leech

The Essence Stealer will inflict a soul each time he attacks an unit which will leech the units mana over time transfering the stolen mana to him. If the unit is under the effect of Live Distortion the Essence Stealer will be also able to leech the enemys Live.

Level 1 : 25 Mana drained over 5 seconds , Steals 20 Healthpoints if under the Effect of Live Distortion
Level 2 : 40 Mana drained over 6 seconds , Steals 30 Healthpoints if under the Effect of Live Distortion
Level 3 : 55 Mana drained over 7 seconds , Steals 40 Healthpoints if under the Effect of Live Distortion

Attachments

• EssenceStealer.w3x
    19.8 KB · Views: 89
Level 10
Submission Entry

Ok!! I've finish the spell! This is it:
attachment.php

Raise Tornado.jpg
Raise Tornado

Create tornado that move forward to targeted location. If a unit comes within tornado range, it will slowed, damaged and pulled to the eye. If unit comes to its eye, it will damaged again.

Level 1 - Slow 10% AS and 15% MS, 15 dps.
Level 2 - Slow 20% AS and 30% MS, 20 dps.
Level 3 - Slow 30% AS and 45% MS, 25 dps.
Level 4 - Slow 40% AS and 60% MS, 30 dps.
Last 10 second
Each unit pulled increase dps by 5.
Tornado Range is 600
If Tornado comes near Flame Strike, it will burst the flame, pulled it burning rock, and burst the burning rock if comes to the eye of Tornado.

Meteor Strike.jpg
Meteor Strike

Conjure a meteor strike at target location. Meteor will leave a burning flame that burn nearby unit. Deal damage on impact.
If Tornado comes near flame, it will burst and pulled it burning rock. When burning rock comes to the eye of tornado, it will burst and ignite enemy unit.

Level 1 - Conjure 2 meteor at target location. Impact deal 25 damage. Flame deal 10 dps. Have 200 AoE. Burst deal 25 damage and 5 dps.
Level 2 - Conjure 4 meteor at target location. Impact deal 50 damage. Flame deal 15 dps. Have 250 AoE. Burst deal 50 damage and 10 dps.
Level 3 - Conjure 6 meteor at target location. Impact deal 75 damage. Flame deal 20 dps. Have 300 AoE. Burst deal 75 damage and 15 dps.
Level 4 - Conjure 8 meteor at target location. Impact deal 100 damage. Flame deal 25 dps. Have 350 AoE. Burst deal 100 damage and 20 dps.
Flame last 10 second.
Ignite last 15 second.

v1.00
Upload Spell

v1.00b
Change hotkey for Meteor Strike
Add Screen Shot

v1.00c
Change meteor model

v1.01
Change the way meteor damage on impact
Add some tooltip
Change slow aura to not target friendly unit

P.S:This spell contain My MUI Methods, you can use it, but give credit to me

Attachments

• Screen Shot.jpg
    Screen Shot.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Mage_Goo - S&SMC#18 v1.01.w3x
    40.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Level 15
Some things FYI:
The eye of the Tornado is the Safest place to be in a Tornado.
Tornadoes are caused by rising hot air, I don't see how they can make a Meteor explode
Look at first information about the the Meteor Bursting in the centre.

Now to the spell. Change the projectile of the burning rock to the Volcano Projectile. The current one is some weapon on fire.
PS: Sad, I have to do some project this weekend. Not sure if I can make it...

Level 10
Some things FYI:
The eye of the Tornado is the Safest place to be in a Tornado.
Yes, but eye surrounded by strong wind that can crush anything.

Tornadoes are caused by rising hot air, I don't see how they can make a Meteor explode
It makes the flame bigger by it wind then flame will burn nearby unit. Because it some like "burst out" so i write it like that.

Now to the spell. Change the projectile of the burning rock to the Volcano Projectile. The current one is some weapon on fire.
Ok, gonna change it. When i make this, i don't find any other effect that fit, maybe because i make it in rush, so i use demolisher missile.

So, the spell action is:
1. Pull unit to the eye
2. When reach eye, it will dragged to it surrounding wind and damage it.
3. When there is Flame (The one caused by Meteor Strike) nearby, Tornado will dragged it. (not the flame itself, but rock that burned by flame)
4. When flame comes near eye, it make the flame bigger and "burst out" immediately.
5. When Tornado comes near Meteor Fall location, it will make it "burst out" like above.

Well, some sort of illogical, but, that's it.

Level 23
I think I'll be pwnt... I spent the whole night yesterday (5hours:O) trying to do something decent. It was going forward, but the ideas was just too sucky, so I died and will probably trash all of them :/ So much for nothing.

I wonder, is my projectile system a "large-do-it-for-you" system? I could really need it:p

Level 25
Well the tornado + meteor synergy is nice but there is several things i don't like:
-You say a meteor is called from the sky when actualy it calls several meteors
-The spell doesn't say how much meteors will fall from the sky
-The tornado spell slows the caster too
-I can't belive you forgot to remove colision size from dummies
-You could have added locust ability to the tornado to make it unselectable
-You should add invulnerable(Neutral Passive) ability to all dummies(trust me on this one)
-You could have reduced the number of dummies using dummy.mdx model and just attaching neccesary models to it
-You use custom values of units(that is bad cuz it can interfere with other spells using custom values)
-You could just use unit groups with damage variable instead of using a damage upon death ability
-You could have made it more user friendly(meaning trigger options(example Tornado speed))

One clarification why add invulnerable ability to dummies? Cuz if the enemy casts a spell which deals damage(maybe even a custom one) and they don't have invulnerability they can die.
This is my opinion...

Level 23
yuuuuuuuu... I realize that I probably wont make it in time, as:
1) My ideas seems to not be clear enough to code them
2) School, always school crap coming up
3) Darn Jass and it's limits
4) Even though I spend time of it, I seem to be bored, and I am a pretty slow coder :/

Good luck all. I'll probably give you a review on your spells when the deadline is approaching.

Level 10
Well the tornado + meteor synergy is nice but there is several things i don't like:
-You say a meteor is called from the sky when actualy it calls several meteors
Hmm? let me quote the description
Conjure a meteor strike
It's not a meteor, but meteor strike.
-The spell doesn't say how much meteors will fall from the sky
that's what i forgot. gonna update it.
-The tornado spell slows the caster too
What reason to not slow it? A Real tornado will actually slow all unit in its range.
-I can't belive you forgot to remove colision size from dummies
On what dummy? I've add locust to all of it except tornado. It will remove collision.
-You could have added locust ability to the tornado to make it unselectable
I don't add locus to make player can control the tornado, so tornado not just move forward. Maybe I'll reduce the control capability.
-You should add invulnerable(Neutral Passive) ability to all dummies(trust me on this one)
Locust add Invulnerable too.
-You could have reduced the number of dummies using dummy.mdx model and just attaching necessary models to it
The reason i didn't use it because:
1. I don't know where to got it.
2. I hate imported model. A spell in my opinion doesn't need any imported model.
-You use custom values of units(that is bad cuz it can interfere with other spells using custom values)
I add it only to Flame dummy, that won't interfere any spell
-You could just use unit groups with damage variable instead of using a damage upon death ability
I knows, i forgot about that. Gonna update it.
-You could have made it more user friendly(meaning trigger options(example Tornado speed))
that will cost more variable array. I've added some documentation, so you can understand the trigger more easy.
One clarification why add invulnerable ability to dummies? Cuz if the enemy casts a spell which deals damage(maybe even a custom one) and they don't have invulnerability they can die.
This is my opinion...
As i say, locust give Invulnerability too.

Thanks for comment and suggestion! I'm very appreciate it! Thank You! +rep.

@Squiggy
You're back! Great to see you here! I believe you will make an amazing spell!

Level 17
Submission

Finally, here is my entry for the Spells & Systems Mini Contest #18. Based on lightning of course! ;)

Storm Rage

Calls 9 orbs of lightning coming from each direction running towards the target area. These orbs rotate arround that place in a level-based radius and cause the inside to overload and shock all nearby enemies. If enemies successfully were hit, they will be damaged and slowed in their attackspeed. Enemies who already were targetted by this spell shortly before, can't be affected.

Level 1 - 200 radius, 9 overloads, 15 damage each overload, slowed for 6 seconds.
Level 2 - 275 radius, 14 overloads, 25 damage each overload, slowed for 8 seconds.
Level 3 - 350 radius, 19 overloads, 35 damage each overload, slowed for 10 seconds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Electric Impulse

Sends out 2 connected lightning orbs towards the target direction increasing the distance between them and keep on moving forward. Enemies who hit this Impulse will be damaged and their movespeed will be reduced. If something bumps into the lightning orb, the whole Impulse will explode and disappear. If targetted enemies are under the effect of 'Storm Rage' they will be locked to the Impulse and damaged each Interval. The damage is based on the level of the buff.

Level 1 - 45 damage, slowed for 6 seconds.
Level 2 - 80 damage, slowed for 8 seconds.
Level 3 - 115 damage, slowed for 10 seconds.

Buff Level 1 - 5 damgage per interval.
Buff Level 2 - 7 damgage per interval.
Buff Level 3 - 9 damgage per interval.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

v 1.01
- Fixed tooltips (grammar errors)
-Added Magic Immunity Filter

Attachments

• SSMC#18 xxdingo93xx.w3x
    73.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 17
so reworked the special effects + some other stuff (balance and unit pathing)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php

Charge
Charges the target with electric energy, which deals damage over time to the target. After 12 seconds or if the spell gets dispelled there is a chance of 25% that the target gets damaged for 45% of the damage delt before.
Level 1 - Deals 18 damage per second.
Level 2 - Deals 22 damage per second.
Level 3 - Deals 26 damage per second.

attachment.php

Electro-Magnetic Field
Creates an Electro-Magnetic FIeld at the targeted location. All hostile units will be damaged over time. If a foe is effected by the spell 'Charge', it'll be pulled to the center of the field. If the unit reaches the center it will be effected by the debuff 'Overload', which slows the unit.
Level 1 - Deals 12 damage per second to all hostile units in a range of 400.
Level 2 - Deals 15 damage per second to all hostile units in a range of 400.
Level 3 - Deals 18 damage per second to all hostile units in a range of 400.

how did you manage to get those icons in your post...? xD

Level 10
[offtopic]-BerZeKeR-! are you join this one? you're great GUI user! I learn to make spell from your submitted spell! thank you![/offtopic]

Hmm, back to topic. Can i submit two entry? Like one is my already submitted entry, and in that map, i added the other spell too, but synergy in other way.
Like:
I submit entry that contain:
1. Tornado synergy with Lightning (For examlpe)
2. In same map, There was Water synergy with Ice (Example again)

These four spell can be synergize with it fitting spell, but can't synergy with other like:
1. Tornado can't synergy with water
2. Lightning can't synergy with Water
3. etc...

Are like that is allowed?

Level 21
Well, I will join, with that spells:

Metal Body
Description: The Hero covers his body in a metal aloy, increasing armor by 4/5/6 and increasing attack damage by 10, but decreasing mana regeneration by 50% for 20 seconds.

Crash Bash
Description: The Hero crushes his fists in the stomach of the enemy, causing lethal wounds and much pressure on his body, deals strength of the hero*10 and crushes the enemy for 2 seconds down, the high pressure on the fists of the hero who casts this is so big that his arms are partial crippled, reducing attack speed for him by 25% for 10 seconds.

SYNERGY: If you got "metal body" - buff while you cast this, the positive effect is doubled and the negative effect is prevented.

They are not completed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.