• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
@Berzerker
That is not soo complicated....
Try looking at my spells if you want to say complicated...
Anyway it's about the same and don't worry, if won't process all that cause it works on a chance...

EDIT:
Is it allowed to update my spell even if i already added it as an attachment?
I figured out how to remove a bunch of functions(GUI)...

Level 24
hm, mine is not nearly as complicated and long as your codes ^^

actually my spells are both pretty easy...
but i like the idea ^^

My entry v0.00 beta preview:

contains two spells: Deep Crush and Thunder Storm

this is just another preview and i hope you like it! I wait for criticism and feedback! plz tell me what to improve
and suggest more options.

Attachments

• Synergy-S&SMC#18-entry.w3x
    47.2 KB · Views: 91
Level 25
@Palaslayer
If i were you i would have make the hero dive into ground, and move towards the target point, creating a dusty(or some other) effect at the ground as he moves(also he would need to be invulnerable while he moves).
Just suggestions but it would be nicer than the current version...

Level 25
I tried it and the only thing i didn't like is the lightning(it looks like it moves o.0).
Anyway i still think it's too sudden to just popout on the target point...
Also i think you should add a pathability condition when casting it, the caster can get inside of water and act as an water unit...
Anyway nice but polish it...

Level 25
Something like:
  • (Terrain pathing at (Center of (Playable map area)) of type Walkability is off) Equal to (==) True
This is a bolean condition of course...
Just don't use Center of Playable Map area and use your leak point or whatever before moving the target to it, then if it's non-walkable stop the spell and display some message like "cannot cast there".

Level 16
About the rule "beyond a dummy model"
mean?

Can only have 1 dummy unit in the map?

dummy.mdx, A model you can use for your dummy units. The advantage with the caster model is that it has attachment points, whereas the Zone Indicator or no model at all don't have attachment points. This means that you can use one dummy for everything, if you need a missile you simple attach an effect to the dummy.

Level 22
I have the dummy model (attached at the bottom of this post).
You must use the function call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(THE_DUMMY, 90) to make the dummy look forward (on the z axis) 90 = 0, 180 = 90 and 0 = 270 :cgrin:

Attachments

• Dummy.mdx
    33.3 KB · Views: 42
Level 23
Yah... The dummy is perfect to use since:
a) You don't need to create several dummies for every spell. Using the dummy unit with that dummy will deal with every ability.
b) It can scale and rotate special effects without any problems.

Level 23
As long as it fits the warcraft concept and is not yet made for wc3 it is just fine. But the score may be decreased with, like 1 score, but that's up to Hanky. But to be honest, I would not worry about it:)

Level 25
One question i am determined to learn JASS, i downloaded several tutorilas and i am going to start learning today.
Now if i learn JASS is it okay to convert it into a JASS spell(by me ofcourse)?

@JASS
Can anybody tell me what vJASS stands for?
Send me a pm or post a visitor message.

Level 23
Not exactly, but nice try:p
What I am making is a orbital where you have spinning blades moving in an orbit around a unit. I've figured out everything except the part where you get the orbit to "spin around itself". I think I know now tho, but darn what I hate that 3d is harder than 2d .-.

Level 23
@ Element of Water...

ii_atom.gif

Something like that, alright? Now, the problem is that I want to rotate every "circle" smoothly as well to the right, making the circles to "spin" around the center.

(x) to the right
-\
__\/___(x) downwards
--/\
-/--
(x) upwards

Level 18
Not exactly, but nice try:p
What I am making is a orbital where you have spinning blades moving in an orbit around a unit. I've figured out everything except the part where you get the orbit to "spin around itself". I think I know now tho, but darn what I hate that 3d is harder than 2d .-.

I'm currently making a Ellipsoid movement system ( soon done ). And with this you can rotate objects around a unit or a point with specific offsets ( sphere if you want ).

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
My spell

Heaven Synergy

First Spell :

Bright Flash : The hero releases a Light so pure in a targeted area making all enemy units Blind for 10 seconds making them miss 50% chance on each attack on knock them back for 200/400/600 distance also dealing 100 at all levels.

Second Spell :

Heaven Take-Down : The hero summons the gate of heaven Making all units in the targeted area get sucked into that gate for 4.5/9/13.5 seconds also if the units reaches the gate and not under the Effect of Bright Flash it will be thrown away for 600 distance and dealing 100/200/300 damage.
Effect : If the unit reaches the Gate of heaven and under the effect of Bright Flash it will be sent to heaven and vanquished from earth to all eternity.

My spell aren't finished Yet but i hope u Like them I NEED FEEDBACK ! .
Also Plz report any bugs or leaks and don't mind the tooltip for now :)

Attachments

• Contest-Submission [RMX].w3x
    35.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I'm currently making a Ellipsoid movement system ( soon done ). And with this you can rotate objects around a unit or a point with specific offsets ( sphere if you want ).
I already linked him to that and he said it wasn't what he needed...

Heaven Synergy

First Spell :

Bright Flash : The hero releases a Light so pure in a targeted area making all enemy units Blind for 10 seconds making them miss 50% chance on each attack on knock them back for 200/400/600 distance also dealing 100 at all levels.

Second Spell :

Heaven Take-Down : The hero summons the gate of heaven Making all units in the targeted area get sucked into that gate for 4.5/9/13.5 seconds also if the units reaches the gate and not under the Effect of Bright Flash it will be thrown away for 600 distance and dealing 100/200/300 damage.
Effect : If the unit reaches the Gate of heaven and under the effect of Bright Flash it will be sent to heaven and vanquished from earth to all eternity.

My spell aren't finished Yet but i hope u Like them I NEED FEEDBACK ! .
Also Plz report any bugs or leaks and don't mind the tooltip for now :)
Please, improve your English!!! I can barely understand those tooltips at all!

Level 23
So... you have 3 rotating planes, with balls moving in circular motions around them... you need to make a method of moving an object around a plane, then rotate those planes. I don't think it's as hard as you think.

Probably not. I just got confused in my own memory

Haha, Eccho I love you! Your problem and your picture gave me an amazing idea :) and don't worry, I don't steal your orbit thingy :D Let's see if I can get the calculations for my new idea o.o

Glad I was helping:p I don't own the orbit idea you know.

I already linked him to that and he said it wasn't what he needed...

Like you said, it's not what I was looking for. Other than that, I would not want to use someone elses systems for this contest, at least try on my own:p But help is always welcome ofcourse, if one get stuck^^

Status
Not open for further replies.