• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells & Systems Mini-Contest #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Related question:
I use set unit movement speed in my triggers, is there a way to prevent the "good" or else "green" leter show when i slow the unit?
It's movement speed is slowed but it shows Very Slow like this:
Very Slow
Can it be changed by triggers?

Add a color code in your buff name:
like, if you want it red (don't know exact red color but) you could type, for instance:
|CFFED1C24HiBuffy|r

Edit: If you have no buff, then I dont know:p

Level 15
Actually you can't use any large do-it-for-you systems even if you made it during the contest period I believe.
You could simply create some triggers in your map which is like a system and call it a part of you spell :). That way it is technically not a system.
Anyways, I was working on my spell yesterday but met with a problem, thus I decided to change the spell's concept altogether except for the part that it would be kinda techish.

Yay, lots of different ideas, well i will reveal my:
-base spell is Slow(Frost Grip) Its just triggered because else is auto-cast
-seconds spell is Ice Burst (not sure for the mane jet), this spells has two effects Frost Nova or Ice Cube Chance 50:50 (as both names tells, for what they stand for)

As said Ice Burst results in Frost nova or Ice Cube.

So if the unit has the buff from (first spell) The second spell have greater effect.

Its just simple ^^

To do:
-add floating texts that detects damage (buff level x ability level x damage) (something like that)
-add special effects
-create tooltips
-balance
-that's for now

~Berz :D

Level 22
@Palaslayer, I got a message from Hanky and he said that I could use my projectile system, so as long as the system you want to use doesn't do too much you're allowed to use it, but it could be wise to ask him first though, just in case.

Level 24
Actually you can't use any large do-it-for-you systems even if you made it during the contest period I believe.
You could simply create some triggers in your map which is like a system and call it a part of you spell :). That way it is technically not a system.

yes, thats what i wanted to do

@Palaslayer, I got a message from Hanky and he said that I could use my projectile system, so as long as the system you want to use doesn't do too much you're allowed to use it, but it could be wise to ask him first though, just in case.

i think my sys does not fit that because the spell i will do builds on the sys

Level 25
Nevermind what i said before, internet time refiled, anyway i hope to see good spells on the contest(Dynasti don't quit).

Hope you like my entry, please comment it by sending me visitor/private messages concerning any bugs/leaks there might be.

@My Spell

The damage and duration is calculated by a formula based on distance, the closer the units are to the center the higher damage they receive and the longer the effect lasts.

Last edited:
Level 23
Dynasti, noes? just add debugging here and there, or ask for help, or remake it. Don't quit:7

shorten the deadline
Absolutely no! I need as much time I can:p

@Mephisto, I know I said I had to look at it soon, and I did, just too lazy to reply-.-
It's not a bad idea, but I think it reflects the standards of blizzard spells too much. Another concept would be nice, not just a spellbook with modified abilities :) (or maybe something is hidden which I missed).
However, I know you spend time on the coding. It's quite alot.

Edit: Ill look at all the other spells soon, if not, expect a review when we are approaching deadline =)

Level 16
My Spell

So I'm finished with my spell, may there will be some fixes but I'm glad to show you this^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php

Charge
Charges the target with electric energy, which deals damage over time to the target. After 12 seconds or if the spell gets dispelled there is a chance of 25% that the target gets damaged for 45% of the damage delt before.
Level 1 - Deals 18 damage per second.
Level 2 - Deals 22 damage per second.
Level 3 - Deals 26 damage per second.

attachment.php

Electro-Magnetic Field
Creates an Electro-Magnetic FIeld at the targeted location. All hostile units will be damaged over time. If a foe is effected by the spell 'Charge', it'll be pulled to the center of the field. If the unit reaches the center it will be effected by the debuff 'Overload', which slows the unit.
Level 1 - Deals 10 damage per second to all hostile units in a range of 400.
Level 2 - Deals 12 damage per second to all hostile units in a range of 400.
Level 3 - Deals 14 damage per second to all hostile units in a range of 400.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 244
  • controlmagic.jpg
    controlmagic.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Level 12
@xD.Schurke:
I haven't tested the spell at all, but I fail to see the connection between electricity and the slow. I think you should remake that part.

Level 15
I'm not sure about this but I think Lightning restricts your body's movement somehow.
A slow is like a weak version of stun in the real world. If something can paralyse you, it can slow your movements.
Anyway, I still haven't gotten an excellent idea. Just a question though, can we use a passive skill and an active one?

Level 12
As in, you get attacked when you have this passive skill, something happens to attacker, and something more happens to attacker if he has this active skill cast on him and he attacks hero with passive skill? I don't see why not, but it'd be quite hard to get the attack detection right...

That is just one example. The most comman case would be that the passive improves the active one, passively.

I just poked in the outlet for a sec and after that I was not slowed at all. I was actually trown back by my reflexes, felt some pain in my arm which was shaking for a couple of seconds.
Yes, stun is common for lightnings in a lot of games(more like mini stun, like the shock described by Justify(for instance Diablo 2)), but not slow.

Anyway that is just my opinion, I just backed it up with some facts, I will not argue about a simple thing :)

P.s. Tha accident with the outlet really happened, but a few years ago.

This trigger makes me cry :<

• Ice Burst
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ice Burst
    • Actions
      • Set IB_Casting_Unit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set IB_Targeted_Unit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set IB_Target_Location = (Position of IB_Targeted_Unit)
      • Set IB_Owner_of_Caster = (Owner of IB_Casting_Unit)
      • Set IB_Dummy_Ability_Ice_Cube = Ice Cube (Dummy)
      • Set IB_Dummy_Ability_Frost_Nova = Frost Nova (Dummy)
      • Set IB_Abilityf_FG = Frost Grip
      • Set IB_Ability_Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for IB_Casting_Unit)
      • Set IB_FG_Level = (Level of IB_Abilityf_FG for IB_Casting_Unit)
      • Set IB_Bonus_Ability_Level = ((Level of (Ability being cast) for IB_Casting_Unit) + (3 + IB_FG_Level))
      • Set IB_Buff = Frost Grip
      • Set IB_Chance = 50
      • Set IB_Area_of_Effect = 250.00
      • Set IB_Base_Target_Damage = 90
      • Set IB_Base_Group_Damage = 70
      • Set IB_Base_Target_Bonus_Damage = 50
      • Set IB_Base_Group_Bonus_Damage = 30
      • Set IB_Normal_Target_Damage = (IB_Base_Target_Damage x IB_Ability_Level)
      • Set IB_Normal_Group_Damage = (IB_Base_Group_Damage x IB_Ability_Level)
      • Set IB_Targed_Bonus_Damage_Calc_1 = (IB_Base_Target_Bonus_Damage x IB_Ability_Level)
      • Set IB_Targed_Bonus_Damage_Calc_2 = (IB_Base_Target_Bonus_Damage x IB_Bonus_Ability_Level)
      • Set IB_Bonus_Group_Damage_Calc_1 = (IB_Base_Group_Bonus_Damage x IB_Ability_Level)
      • Set IB_Bonus_Group_Damage_Calc_2 = (IB_Base_Group_Bonus_Damage x IB_Bonus_Ability_Level)
      • Set IB_Target_Bonus_Damage = (IB_Targed_Bonus_Damage_Calc_1 + IB_Targed_Bonus_Damage_Calc_2)
      • Set IB_Bonus_Group_Damage = (IB_Bonus_Group_Damage_Calc_1 + IB_Bonus_Group_Damage_Calc_2)
      • Set IB_Damage_Group = (Units within IB_Area_of_Effect of IB_Target_Location matching ((((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of IB_Owner_of_Caster) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
      • -------- - --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (IB_Targeted_Unit has buff IB_Buff) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to IB_Chance
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for IB_Owner_of_Caster at IB_Target_Location facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add IB_Dummy_Ability_Frost_Nova to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of IB_Dummy_Ability_Frost_Nova for (Last created unit) to IB_Bonus_Ability_Level
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova IB_Targeted_Unit
              • Unit - Remove IB_Buff buff from IB_Targeted_Unit
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in IB_Damage_Group and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause IB_Casting_Unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(IB_Bonus_Group_Damage)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Unknown
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String(IB_Bonus_Group_Damage)) + !) above IB_Targeted_Unit with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 35.00%, 70.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
              • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
              • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of IB_Targeted_Unit using Abilities\Weapons\FrostWyrmMissile\FrostWyrmMissile.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for IB_Owner_of_Caster at IB_Target_Location facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add IB_Dummy_Ability_Ice_Cube to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of IB_Dummy_Ability_Ice_Cube for (Last created unit) to IB_Bonus_Ability_Level
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt IB_Targeted_Unit
              • Unit - Cause IB_Casting_Unit to damage IB_Targeted_Unit, dealing (Real(IB_Target_Bonus_Damage)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Unknown
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String(IB_Target_Bonus_Damage)) + !) above IB_Targeted_Unit with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 35.00%, 70.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
              • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
              • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of IB_Targeted_Unit using Abilities\Weapons\FrostWyrmMissile\FrostWyrmMissile.mdl
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to IB_Chance
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add IB_Dummy_Ability_Frost_Nova to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of IB_Dummy_Ability_Frost_Nova for (Last created unit) to IB_Ability_Level
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in IB_Damage_Group and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause IB_Casting_Unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(IB_Normal_Group_Damage)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Unknown
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String(IB_Normal_Group_Damage)) + !) above IB_Targeted_Unit with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 35.00%, 70.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of IB_Targeted_Unit using Abilities\Weapons\DragonHawkMissile\DragonHawkMissile.mdl
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit - Add IB_Dummy_Ability_Ice_Cube to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of IB_Dummy_Ability_Ice_Cube for (Last created unit) to IB_Ability_Level
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt IB_Targeted_Unit
              • Unit - Cause IB_Casting_Unit to damage IB_Targeted_Unit, dealing (Real(IB_Normal_Target_Damage)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Unknown
              • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String(IB_Normal_Target_Damage)) + !) above IB_Targeted_Unit with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (0.00%, 35.00%, 70.00%), and 0.00% transparency
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of IB_Targeted_Unit using Abilities\Weapons\DragonHawkMissile\DragonHawkMissile.mdl
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_IB_Target_Location)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_IB_Damage_Group)
How will i put a tooltip together D:

Status
Not open for further replies.