• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request Thread [unofficial]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
anime11.gif

wins

Level 19
[offtopic]SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM[/offtopic]

Level 6
I got a spell request, this spell should be easy and fast to create.

I couldnt do it myself, having some trouble with stupid channeling spells, anyways:

Just base this spell on a channeling dummy spell.
It creates a volcano on the channeling unit, the channeling unit will stand in the middle of the volcano (create unit that cast volcano in other means)

In addition, I want the outer edge of the volcano to be blocked with stone doodads, so they are stuck in the volcano. The caster turns invurnable while channeling this ability. I want this ability to do max 400 damage. The volcano channeling and rocks should last about 8sec.

This spell is an ultimate, so it only requires 1 level.

Thanks and you will get +rep :thumbs_up:

Level 6
I know all about dummy units, trust me, nps there.

But, I got problems with channeling. If a unit moves while channeling the spell ,the spell should stop. No idea how to do that.

And offsets are not my thing. No idea what is behind or infront of me.

Level 19
well there are zum wayz to get channeling
I suggest you to check if units current order is spell order in a loop that starts after spell cast
when order gets not spell order remove the rocks

Level 6
Hi guys. I have a request. Here it is.

Skill Name: Quagmire
Skill Level: Levelable up to 3.
Skill Framework: Creates a quagmire at a targeted area(Not channeling). All enemy units inside the quagmire will be slowed by as long as the quagmire exists. The slow effect will be stronger everytime they move inside the area(it means that everytime the hero moves, the slow effect will stack up, thus increasing its effect. I was inspired by the fact that the more you move inside a "real" quagmire or sand pit, the faster you sink.). After X seconds or when the hero casted the "Engulf" skill[yup. there is a subskill. More information about this skill can be read below], the quagmire will engulf all enemy units caught inside, causing XXX damage multiplied by the number of seconds the quagmire existed(ex. base damage of 100 x 5 seconds[the number of seconds the quagmire existed])
Skill Icon: It's up to you.
Skill Coding: I'm currently using Vexorian's latest caster system. You can make the skill depend on it, or you can just make it pure JASS that is purely independent from it. I also want the skill to be easily modified. I'm still new at this JASS thing.
Skill Compatability: I want it MUI as much as possible.

The Subskill:

Skill Name: Engulf
Skill Framework: Makes the Quagmire engulf the area, causing XXX damage multiplied by the number of seconds the quagmire existed.

The Tooltip version of my request(This is the one written on the suggestion that I made in everstill.com.br):

Main Skill
ABILITY: Quagmire
ABILITY TYPE: AoE, Debuff
HOTKEY: G
FRAMEWORK: Hero creates a living mud pit in a targeted area, causing all enemy units inside the area to suffer 15% attack speed reduction on every attack they make and 15% movement speed reduction per XXX distance moved inside the area. Maximum of 90% attack speed and movement speed reduction. If all enemy units inside the area managed to escape, their attack speed and movement speed will be back to normal. Hero also gains the Engulf Ability on learning this skill. The Quagmire has an AoE of 800 and last for X seconds.
DURATION: 5/7/9 seconds
MANA COST: 150/200/250
COOLDOWN: 120/110/100
ANIMATION: Earthquake animation.

Level 1- 15% slow per 150 distance moved and 15% slow per attack made.
Level 2- 15% slow per 100 distance moved and 15% slow per attack made.
Level 3- 15% slow per 50 distance moved and 15% slow per attack made.

NOTE:
  • So the skill works like this, every time they attack and move inside the AoE, they suffer slow effect that stacks. In short, the more they attack and move inside the Quagmire, the slower they get.
  • Attack speed reduction is different from Movement speed reduction.
SUBSKILL
SUBSKILL: Engulf
SUBSKILL TYPE: Active, AoE
HOTKEY: G
FRAMEWORK: Only works when Quagmire is in the area. Gaia makes the quagmire to burst upward to burry all enemy units inside it. Deals XX damage times the used duration of the Quagmire. Engulf has an AoE damage of 800. Whenever the Quagmire has reached its whole duration and this skill is not in cooldown, this skill activates automatically.
MANA COST: 50 at all levels.
COOLDOWN: 5 seconds at all levels.
ANIMATION: War stomp animation

Level 1- Deals 70 damage times the used duration of the Quagmire.
Level 2- Deals 80 damage times the used duration of the Quagmire.
Level 3- Deals 90 damage times the used duration of the Quagmire.

Hope I posted my request with all of the information needed. About the Icons, I already have some so it's ok. ^^

Level 11
Listen, I'm really busy right now, and I guess everyone else who said they'd make spells is also busy, but I'll take up your spell. It should be done before next Sunday. I'm quite busy, so this is the absolute earliest I'll be able to finish it.

Level 11
Mine or marvens you are talking about?

Clarification: Marvin's. Why? Because he put a lot of work into his post. Its true, your spell is much simpler, however its still at least an hour. His will probably be two or three hours. (at the worst)

If I have any time after I do his, I'll work on yours. Yes, I know you asked first, but I saw his first. I'm not supposed to be the only spell-maker around here.

Level 6
Clarification: Marvin's. Why? Because he put a lot of work into his post. Its true, your spell is much simpler, however its still at least an hour. His will probably be two or three hours. (at the worst)

If I have any time after I do his, I'll work on yours. Yes, I know you asked first, but I saw his first. I'm not supposed to be the only spell-maker around here.

I fully understand. Take your time, am not in a rush.

Level 12
I would love to join in as a spell-maker

I would like to say a couple things I will probably never do...

1. vJASS, I simply don't like it, no particular reason, just prefer the normal JASS

2. Not use a data system for each spell, I use them in conjunction with globals, always

3. Use anything other than a modified version of pandamines struct HSAS (or something along those lines), it is simple, I understand it, and I don't need to learn how to nullify handlevars

4. I will never again code spells in GUI, I have fallen in love with JASS :D

5. I am going to start coding in functions, rather than specified spells, as I believe it would be sh*tload more editable, and useful for others (some spells you need to completely re-code in order to modify them slightly)

One last thing, atm my flashdrive is not working, I cannot bring my maps from my WE to the internet, so what I might do until I get my flashdrive back is put just the spell code inside a txt document for notepad, and post that up rather than a spell map

Level 11
Uhhh Herman, Why would you need HSAS?
HSAS is written in vJASS. (You said you don't use vJASS)
HSAS - Handle Struct Attachment System
Structs are part of vJASS....

Also Hindyhat made the thread, so I assume its his decesision? However, it seems many spell makers are busy else where, so any help would be nice. (There appears to be quite a back-log of spells...)

Level 12
I added the bit about modifying it, the only real vJASS part of it was the textmacros, it essentially could be used for any handle (and is how I use it)

Level 29
I got a spell request, this spell should be easy and fast to create.

I couldnt do it myself, having some trouble with stupid channeling spells, anyways:

Just base this spell on a channeling dummy spell.
It creates a volcano on the channeling unit, the channeling unit will stand in the middle of the volcano (create unit that cast volcano in other means)

In addition, I want the outer edge of the volcano to be blocked with stone doodads, so they are stuck in the volcano. The caster turns invurnable while channeling this ability. I want this ability to do max 400 damage. The volcano channeling and rocks should last about 8sec.

This spell is an ultimate, so it only requires 1 level.

Thanks and you will get +rep :thumbs_up:

Didn't get what you want. Please explain a bit more.

Level 13
1. vJASS, I simply don't like it, no particular reason, just prefer the normal JASS

Correction: you don't know it, that's a difference, you know. People often think that if they don't know something, they hate it (I "hated" JASS that way when I was a GUIer).

The hero gets invurnable.
A dummy casts an volcane on the caster (so volcane on the caster himself, not targeted) and some rocks appear in a circle around the volcano and they block all units. You can cage enemys with that :)

Like the one from Age of Myths?

EDIT: Btw, Herman, it's nice that you want to join the spellmaker crew, my only advice is: start coding (since there are lot of users waiting...) ;)

Level 6
I hope that I'm right:

The hero gets invurnable.
A dummy casts an volcane on the caster (so volcane on the caster himself, not targeted) and some rocks appear in a circle around the volcano and they block all units. You can cage enemys with that :)

yes! Couldent be more correct!

And I have not taken this spell from anywhere,we have 99999 creators in this game, cant help if 1 of em had the same idea as me.

I would want this in GUI if possible.

Level 12
@Silvenon - Its not as if I couldn't learn it, I just never wanted to move forward with it, but with the quadratic arc function I am working on, I am going to start learning more about it

@Ripoff - I could do your spell in JASS, I won't do GUI, but I'll tell you what. I will make it into a function, and give you directions on usage, so you can edit it all you please

Level 6
@Silvenon - Its not as if I couldn't learn it, I just never wanted to move forward with it, but with the quadratic arc function I am working on, I am going to start learning more about it

@Ripoff - I could do your spell in JASS, I won't do GUI, but I'll tell you what. I will make it into a function, and give you directions on usage, so you can edit it all you please

Awesome dude! :thumbs_up:

Level 11
Its going well, I'm sorry I haven't been able to complete it yet. I was wondering how you planned to implement the sub-spell. Did you want it to replace the main spell whenever the caster has an active quagmire going? What exactly was your plans for that.

Level 6
hmmm... I guess that idea will be fine to save icon slots. My original plan was when the hero learns the skill, he automatically gains the subskill. So learning the skill will give the hero two skills.
Whatever of these two ideas are ok.

Level 11
Just an update, I'm busy today and tomorrow, but I'll finish it on Wednesday. I will then post it that day, or the following morning.

Level 6
I am also preparing for my finals lol.... I didn't know we are doing the same thing lol. Please pay more attention on the finals than to my request. XD I don't want to be the cause of your failure in your final exams. (nn,

Level 12
Offtopic - does anybody know a site that I can use to learn 5 years of German in a day?

Level 12
Yeah JASS is so much better than using GUI when you finally understand it all, much nicer to use too, all kinds of doors and walls untouchable with GUI are pretty much blasted into oblivion when you start using JASS, and then when you get really good, no comparison

Level 11
I'm sorry a sort of family crisis has come up, I won't be able to perfect your ability for a few more days marven15. But rest assure, it is complete, however there are some touch ups I would like to do before posting it.

Level 6
I'm sorry a sort of family crisis has come up, I won't be able to perfect your ability for a few more days marven15. But rest assure, it is complete, however there are some touch ups I would like to do before posting it.

It's OK. I am actually remaking my map at the moment. So the skill is not yet needed. Hope everything will be ok there. ^^

Level 11
Ok, finally all my problems have wrapped themselves up. I'm going to finish (or at least become a hell of a lot closer) to finishing the spell. I've finished the main skill, but I need to finish up engulf.

I'm having a hard time thinking up graphics for it. If you have any suggestions, be sure to tell me. I could use them.

Also, I'd like you to know that I can't express how sorry I am for the time this has taken me to be ready to post something.

I've also taken some time to add as many comments as possible. This should help you understand what I'm doing.

Q: Do you want the spell to affect allies?
A? Yes/No/Changeable

Q: Do you want the spell to affect air?
A? Yes/No/Changeable

Q: Should attack speed be slowed as well?
A? Yes/No (Note! I found the answer to be yes when I read the tooltip you provided)

Q: What should change when it levels up? (Note: This is rather important information)
A?

Last edited:
Level 6
Ok, finally all my problems have wrapped themselves up. I'm going to finish (or at least become a hell of a lot closer) to finishing the spell. I've finished the main skill, but I need to finish up engulf.

I'm having a hard time thinking up graphics for it. If you have any suggestions, be sure to tell me. I could use them.

Also, I'd like you to know that I can't express how sorry I am for the time this has taken me to be ready to post something.

I've also taken some time to add as many comments as possible. This should help you understand what I'm doing.

A? Yes/No/Changeable

A? Yes/No/Changeable

A? Yes/No (Note! I found the answer to be yes when I read the tooltip you provided)

Q: What should change when it levels up? (Note: This is rather important information)
A?

I am happy that you are ok. And don't say sorry... You got your own reasons. ^^

Anyway here are the answers:

A? Changeable

A? No

A? Yes

A?
1. Required distance moved for the skill to activate. The distance should be decreasing per level.
Ex. Lvl 1: For every 200 distance moved, the unit will be slowed by a stacking 10%.
Lvl 2: For every 150 distance moved, the nit will be slowed by a stacking 10%.
Lvl 3: And so on...
2. Damage of engulf. Obviously it will increase per level.
3. AoE of Quagmire and Engulf.
4. Oh and the Duration of the Quagmire. (Almost forgot this one.)
Hmmm.. maybe that's it. :p

Level 3
Ok hope this is easy and simple spell.

Spell Name: Poison React
Icon: Slow Poison
Ability type: Passive
Descryption: Each attack poisons the target, the poison react by continous attack and become stronger. Slow attack and mevement speeds of target.

Level 1: 3% slows every 4 attacks. Max 40% slows.

Level 2: 7% slows every 3 attacks. Max 60% slows.

Level 3: 10% slows every 2 attacks. Max 80% slows.

Level 12
Sorry guys, I gotta resign at the moment

Completely and utterly racked with work that I have a tough time getting done

I will most likely not finish any spells for this thread

My deepest apologies

Last edited:
Level 11
Ok hope this is easy and simple spell.

Spell Name: Poison React
Icon: Slow Poison
Ability type: Passive
Descryption: Each attack poisons the target, the poison react by continous attack and become stronger. Slow attack and mevement speeds of target.

Level 1: 3% slows every 4 attacks. Max 40% slows.

Level 2: 7% slows every 3 attacks. Max 60% slows.

Level 3: 10% slows every 2 attacks. Max 80% slows.

I'm very sorry to say that there appears to be a shortage of spell makers at the moment. After I complete the one I'm working on, I probably won't take another for a little while. However spring + summer will hopefully free up some time, then I'll be able to do a few more.

Level 3
No problem at all, just take your time. If the spell too complicated just make something similar like what I request. Thanks.

P.S Sorry for spelling error :xxd:

Level 2
hello.. i would just request a simple passive spell.
a spell that makes the casting unit lose 1 hp per second. thats all pls...

Level 28
  • Trigger 1
  • Events - A unit begins casting an ability
  • Conditions - Casting unit equal to *your unit*
  • Actions -
    • Set casting unit = *your unit*
    • Trigger - Turn on Trigger 2<gen>
    • Wait x seconds
    • Trigger - Turn off Trigger 2<gen>
    • Set *your unit* = null
  • Trigger 2
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1 second
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set life of *your unit* to (Life of *your unit* - 1)
Whereas x is the time in seconds euqal to the spell's duration

Status
Not open for further replies.