• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Solo Mapping Competition #3 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entries! (Multiple choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I was not whining. I'm not even in the contest so it doesn't matter to me. It's unfair to the contestants that they should have to wait so long for a "professional" who should have learned long ago about due dates. Yes wc3 may not be so important but a sense of urgency should be at hand at least since there are other people involved in the matter.
So what if that happened in another contest? that just shows how incompetent the judges were there.

I was not whining. I'm not even in the contest so it doesn't matter to me. It's unfair to the contestants that they should have to wait so long for a "professional" who should have learned long ago about due dates. Yes wc3 may not be so important but a sense of urgency should be at hand at least since there are other people involved in the matter.
So what if that happened in another contest? that just shows how incompetent the judges were there.

And that is what De.Facto should reply.

Level 14
This is rather lame, what the hell is she doing? It's a good thing I didn't bust my ass off for this contest in a month. It must be incredible disappointing for those who worked on the maps.

Level 18
I suggest we give her an ultimatum. This contest's judging has taken way too long and is far beyond tolerable.

If the judging is not done and the reviews with a final score for all the entries before May 1st, we find a new judge that will take over the work. That means everything but the lecture will be awarded to the winners.

Level 18
Would you tell your teacher that you were busy so you couldn't do something? Would you tell your employer that you were busy so you couldn't do a report due for an important business meeting with another company? It's not an excuse.

What he means to say is that if you say you're going to judge a contest, you have to keep your promise. She didn't found out last month that she suddenly had a job. She knew for a while and knew that this takes time. If she can't handle it, she never should have started it.

Level 18
Doesn't seem like anything will. It's dead as can be, and nobody can replace the complete prize. So we can either look for someone who will judge and give other other prizes (which I don't think anybody is interested in, since this place is dead), or every participant has wasted their time.

Shame, really.

Level 16
I actually sympathize with the guys here. This is one of the longest and most difficult contests to participate in during the past year or so, and there is a possibility that no judging will ever be delivered? If the feeling of anti-climax is the product of constant postponement of judging, then I despair to think what is the resulting feeling of actually having no judging.

Divine Forum Intervention needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.