• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

So, when do you go back to school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
It's that time of year again. Everyone's favorite time of year. Oh yes! ;D The time when school starts again. If you're not in school anymore, then you're probably working, I imagine, so this thread doesn't apply to you.

Anyway, when does school start for you?

Mine starts on the 31st of August. D:

Level 15
1st September, unless teachers go to strike again (happens often on 1st day).

here in italy, female teachers over 40 will go on strike with the excuse "It's so annoying" or "RAAAARGH WHY THIS YEAR WE GET SO MANY KIDS, IT ONLY HAPPENS WHENEVER I WORK *outrage*" or some dumb excuse like that, it's funny to watch them do this, happened to me yesterday, lol.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

@Gilles, much rather study than work. Think of all the spare-time, all the good student offers! Like beer 1/3 of the full price!

I started 3 weeks ago. I started vacation over 3 months ago though, so no problem there.

Level 27
I'm really damn confused by the English school system you're marks are ABCDEF-something and i can't make anything of those numbers... seriously nothing pops-up in my mind when you say 12'th grade because we only have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and then high school which goes to 1,2,3,4 (5 and 6 depending on your level) and then off you go studying.

Level 7
1st September...
Tommorow... Its not im not happy about that but after this comming school year im going on the middle school ,i need do the test to come there and when i came to the one class where all teachers changed and we had move from classroom to classroom i was totaly nervous and worried... etc. and when i go to a total new school... Thats why im sad about my last year in this school...

Level 7
My school started two weeks ago, and all the principles and teachers already hate me. One admitted it too, Right after he produced the seating chart with me isolated all by my lonesome in the corner. Last year my friends and i were bored so he gave me a permanent marker and asked me to write on a locker, so i did, and it never came off. We all thought it was funny, but i sure wasn't happy when i was assigned that same locker this year.

Level 7
I was thinking i enjoy the last year on this school before i go higher but HOW CAN I ENJOY it when we got at 3 days of week 8 Hours !
15:30 We end on that days! Thats crazy... just cause they added to 2 days Math and Czech

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

8 hours a day is hardly anything to complain about.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I used to have a day with 12 hours, from 8:30am to 8:30 in the evening, but sometimes more than that since last thing was atelier (5 hours) and critique and shit can go for more than that. The latest hour I left uni was at about 11pm once.
Also we have an exam 3 times a month that's 10 hours long (8:30am - 6:30pm), it's called "the sketch" and they basically want us to make a sketch of a project on a theme they give us. It's harder than it sounds.

So yeah, 8 hours ain't shit my man. You're lucky :).

Level 16
I'm really damn confused by the English school system you're marks are ABCDEF-something and i can't make anything of those numbers... seriously nothing pops-up in my mind when you say 12'th grade because we only have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and then high school which goes to 1,2,3,4 (5 and 6 depending on your level) and then off you go studying.

(If you are also dutch, then) Same here. But i think i do understand the american school system though. They start off in Kindergarten, what is class 1 and 2 on our primary school. Then they have 6 grades of primary school i think, which is class 3 to 8 in holland. After that they just continue the count upwards on highschool, where we start again in 1 untill 4,5 or 6 (indeed depending on your level).
So think that primary school ends in 6th grade, and he goes to 12th grade, that would be class 6 of highschool in holland.

My school starts tuesday. Only 2 years till graduation!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Kindergarten counts as school? t.t

Just for the reference, what we've got here in Norway:
1-7th grade, Elementary School
8-10th grade, Junior High / High School .. I'm not sure which fits the best
1-3rd grade College OR 1-2nd grade practical education plus 2 years as a work apprentice (fastest route to a 9 to 5)

After this, if you went to college you can go directly to University or what we call High School (which is pretty much the same as University, though usually more themed- ie High School in Mathematics, while the University tries to cover all fields).
If you chose a practical education, you need a year of theoretical refreshment and renewal before you may join student at University or High School.

Level 19

How does that confuse you at all? 12th is the fourth year of high school, making it senior year (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior).

Level 18
I'll be at school on 15.09. Even though I graduated this year. I just want to see it again. And on the 1st of October starts my first year in the university.

Btw, here in my country 12th grade is the 5th (and last) high school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.