• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi everyone,

As the title says, what do you want to be when you grow up and you need to find work?
What university plans do you have if you are in high school at the moment?

If you do not know yet, then think about a subject or things like that which you really like.

So, any ideas can be cool and excellent.

Level 15
Back then I wanna be a doctor, no, really. I really wanted to be, then I realize true blood was so different on the blood on video games, so I decided to be a engineer for land developing, then I realize it had too many maths. :/

So I asked my parents what course should I chose, they said "Hotel and Restaurant Management suits you the best", then I said 'sure, I guess'.

But hell, I just wanna be filthy rich!

Level 15
Back then I wanna be a doctor, no, really. I really wanted to be, then I realize true blood was so different on the blood on video games, so I decided to be a engineer for land developing, then I realize it had too many maths. :/

So I asked my parents what course should I chose, they said "Hotel and Restaurant Management suits you the best", then I said 'sure, I guess'.

But hell, I just wanna be filthy rich!
Well, you should think about a job which you will like.

Doctor is a great idea, you shoud be a doctor, if you want, you can be an engineer, too. If it requires lots of Maths, then try to practise it, look for a private teacher, if it really needs it.

Hotel manager can be a good job, too, but i think it can be a bit boring, too.

So you should really think a job which youreally like. I suggest a doctor or an engineer. :)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Mmyeah, ok.

Back in high school I had planned to become an electrician. Then I decided that my grades were too good to stop educating. So I went to college with the goal of studying at university. Then I got called in for military service and figured I'd do a career there; it pays well. However, my bad luck came full circle and granted me a chronic disease impairing my ability to do field work. So military didn't want me. Decided to go for computer science at university, completed two of three years and figured programming was boring. So I took about a year pause from everything. Literally everything; no education, no work, no life. Applied for art school and here I am, studying Virtual Art & Design at Norway's only public university college in art.

Level 22
I am an electronic and software engineering student.
That explains it.

I realized that I shouldn't find excuses and alternatives of what I always liked and even did in my free time, even studied at least for some time in uni for that reason, so I would go for some position related to space. Not an astronomer as there are so many real good mathematicians better than me.. and unless planetology the rest would be more maths than actually enjoying observations.

Hmm maybe the one to destroy the planet with some ion cannon from outside it, that job position.

Level 34
Something that involves international travel. I love public speaking, so a motivational speaker?!

Level 11
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon

Level 3
Not sure, most likely computer related, i'm not into jobs a lot, since i like coding something and then selling it on the net, some have been illegal though since of cheating softwares.

Level 11
When i get older i want to be "maybe" the only honest President of the United States of America :D other then that i want to become a film director :)

Level 3
No degree for writing.... half finished book.....

That's it, I wanna be an Author.
Other than that I want to be some immortal rich person who makes video games and cannot suffer any disease with immortal parents and friends :D
ahhh... That's the life.........

when im tired of life and dont want to commit suicide ill join the army and get KIA :)

I am in my final grade of elementary school, so soon I will have to decide where will I go next. The problem is, I have no idea what to do.

When I grow up, I want to be PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER.

I know that only one of a thousand succeeds. But everyone who made it, he did it with hard work and dedication. And every champion begins with a same thing... a dream.
I am 14 years old, and only 5'8'' at the moment, but I have huge vertical, so I can reach for the backboard, and almost reach for the rim. Every day I work out a lot, but not with weights, with my body only. Running, jumping, push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, squats, and a lot of stretching. Also, during last week, I did not go to school, and every day I was at basketball court with my friends from 10AM to 4PM. I am progressing very quickly. During one month, I upgraded my shooting and dribbling skills a lot. I play best defense in the league, so although I play the PG (point guard/playmaker - the shortest guy), my coach assigns me to guard a PF or C (power forward and center - two tallest and strongest guys on the court). My special talent is assisting. I have amazing view of the game, and the moment I spot a free player who has a chance to score, I immediately pass the ball to him, no matter what. In my games, I average 6 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals and 1 block. Nice, huh?

^ On the bright side, he can take the balls while running under the big basketball players' legs.

Exactly. I have extreme dribbling skills. And maybe I am little, but I have huge vertical, something about 80cm, I suppose. That means that I jump very high.
In my team, there is one guy, Stefan Davidovic, who is my age and 195cm tall. When we are both standing and reach with our hands upwards, I can reach only to his elbow. But when we both run and jump, he can reach only 10cm more than me.
I really hope that God will bless my with another 10cm of height.

@Maghteridon: In Serbia, we go 8 years to elementary school (starting when we are 7 and ending when we are 15). Then 3-5 years of high school, depending on what high school we go to (3 years are mostly haircutting or cosmetic schools, 5 years are mostly medicine, and the rest is 4 years). Then, whoever wants to, and has enough money, goes to another 4 years of college.

Status
Not open for further replies.