• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest #5 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
No offense tagg, but we need someone who can judge on the judging points on the first post.
This includes grammar, and the first thing you do is to misspell 'write' (or post something that makes no sense in context) ;).

I wrote that between coding at work; you try to function with code snippets running through your head!

^_^

It was just an offer, if you actually want me to do anything I could get some stuff for you to look at.

Level 12
You guys should obviously know that you're going to have the time to judge the entries when you sign up to become the judge of a contest.

Now look what you've done.

Maybe before bitching about something you should be involved. Or at least READ what people say before going around complaining. Normally I don't feed the trolls, but this struck a personal nerve. Congratulations. You've managed to irritate me a bit.

As was already said below your rude post, I did say I would judge in the event that there was no other judges available to judge.

Apheraz was the only person who offered to judge.

I had THOUGHT I would have time while on vacation to judge, but I was VERY wrong, and now my whole fucking life decides to kick me in the nuts and you're going to be rude to me? Excuse me?

I don't HAVE to judge this. I don't even WANT to judge it. I'm doing it cause it needs doing. And to boot: YOU AREN'T EVEN A CONTESTANT.

Some of us have jobs (somehow, i couldn't tell you how I still have one), and have to deal with annoying ass lawyers the rest of the time.

Oh, by the way, I read one more story last night at the expense of sleeping. i've gotten 14 hours of sleep over the last 4 days. I could have slept last night, but I didn't, cause I figured I should do this instead. Excuse me for not being quick enough for you. I'll tell my lawyer to leave me alone tomorrow morning, in fact, I'll tell him I'll represent myself. It'll save me fees anyway, right?

I've dealt with more cops and lawyers in the last week than a JUDGE deals with. And to top it off, I just got a sexual predator arrested today after work. Maybe instead of getting him off the street, I should have ignored it, let him do what he felt like to the poor girl and gone home to judge this contest instead. Sorry, but that kind of crap makes me snap. The cops had to take him to the hospital to clear him before taking him to booking since my roommate beat him up pretty bad trying to save her.

TL;DR: STFU, GTFO.

btw, I had planned on judging one tonight before going to sleep since my appointment wasn't till noon tomorrow, but now I'm too irate to do a fair judging. so instead, I'm going to catch up on some much needed sleep. You're the source of your own frustration now, buddy. Hope you feel better. Cause I sure do.

Level 27
Both of you, please dont turn this into an argument that it does not need to be.
I could slam up a few reasons for both of you to have done diffirently than you did, but by doing that i'd just fuel the fire and a few of those reasons would be jerkish to post.

Just try and forget about this, even though i know how hard it can be to 'just forget' about arguments. :/

Level 12
I'd like to see VengeanceKael volunteer to judge this contest to prove is worth something.
However on second thought that could have terrible effect on the judging outcome, so I'd rather if it didn't happen.

Level 20
Lol why are you pointing at me gray. Im not going to sit on the egde of my seating hopping the next time i see Vizel as the last post that its the finished judging. If it takes a week i probably wont notice. If it takes a month, again, i wont notice.

I didn't mean to, I was just pointing out that it wasn't Vizel's fault you posted that . =/

Level 12
It's up to you. I just got subpoenaed again for a stupid murder that I have nothing to do with. This happened a few months ago, too.

Too many stupid lawyers.

Level 17
Viz, O.O Some life you have.

TWIF, adding one more judge and losing an entry doesn't weigh up unless Viz decides not to judge anymore.

Level 17
3 judges and 5 entries compared to 2 judges and 6 entries, TWIF. Why pull out to judge when we already have an extra judge but one less entry? Be patient - Vizel will judge them soon.

Level 12
Well, to cap off the worst month ever, my laptop just got infected with a virus and crashed when I tried to watch an anime, :(

I can't start up windows on my laptop. I'm going to take it in monday and see if I can salvage the stuff on it (Cause my map and everything is on my laptop). Otherwise...I might just back out of being a judge. I just had one more to go, too, damnit.

BTW. Trend Micro Pro isn't as good as avast! Free Home Edition. Cause Avast is on my desktop and I've not had a single issue since I've gotten it over 2 years ago, but Trend Micro just failed my laptop, :(

Level 12
Yeah, you see.

It's taken me this long to get 5 / 6 done. And I really don't want to do them over again, ><

Level 12
Well, now.

I'm not going to finish the judging. My laptop had to be wiped. Damn thing came back on me.

Not only that, but some people's attitudes are quite unpleasant and aren't good motivation to restart.

And I have to go to court on Monday -.-

Sorry my shitty life made yours so shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.