• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest #5 - Dual Perspective Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
And i am done. Read up, comment, do whatever.

Chapter 1

The sun began to shed its light on the farmer’s field, making his flowers glow and his pond sparkle. It made the air warmer and everything began to glow with a weak light. His eyes slowly opened to the beautiful sunrise, after another sleepless night. He could not remember how it was like when he wasn't burdened with these nightmares. These are the nightmares that haunted him every single night since he was a child, but they never made any sense. He sat there trying to ponder at what he dreamed of, he shuddered when he remembered. A man who resembled a corpse was strangling a girl who he had never seen in his lifetime. He stood up walking while mesmerized by thoughts as he recalled his dreams. He could remember only three. The strongest one was of a girl beckoning him to follow her. One that rarely came was of what seemed to be the same girl sitting across from him. But the recent week a certain dream came up a lot, the girl being killed. He wondered what these dreams meant, has he finally lost it like his fore father did? His mother would tell him stories of a long relative who went insane, it started with nightmares. He was then determined to stop these dreams. He grabbed his hoe and went through the rows and finished his daily tasks. When he finished he realized how long it had taken him. He would have to go into town the next day.
He awoke with a gasp. He grabbed his throat as if he couldn't breathe. He calmed down and began to breathe normally. This was the worst dream he has had; now he knew if he didn't fix this problem, he would surely die. He had never had such a vivid dream. A chill went down his spine when he thought about it. He got up, got dressed, and grabbed a piece of bread and headed off to the town. It was just before sunrise so he didn't know if the healer would be awake.
He finally reached Galeria, the nearest merchant town; he helped the healer once, and still hadn't collected on that favor. He walked up to the store and began to pound on the door of the healer. After a few minutes with no response, he heard a voice beckoning to him.
"Come closer my child, and I will tell you a story." said an old woman encased in shadow. He had no other choice but to pass the time until the healer awoke. So he subdued and went to her. "Yes child you are filled with dark, but you shine brighter then the sun!" the woman said.
"What do you mean?" he replied.
"You are on a thin path, the dark wants you, but the light protects you." She said. It was then that he realized what she meant; the nightmares that are trying to kill him.
"You know about my nightmares?" he asked.
"Yes your burden of foresight; such a tool of evil but you don’t know of it."
"Please tell me how I can get rid of them." he pleaded.
"Such a gift, passed down by generations, only the son of the eighth son has this gift. You should be proud!"
"Proud? I am a simple farmer; these dreams of death are no use to me! How can one be proud of this!" he argued.
"When the time comes you will heed my words. And you will understand." She said as she fell back into the shadows and disappeared.
"What do you mean!?" He yelled.

Chapter 2 - A Memory

"One day child, you will be the greatest heroine of this land....." as a dark but familiar voice echoed to her. She awoke frightened; she reached for an old book and hugged it like it was a child. "Oh father..." said the hooded girl with an agonizing voice. She sat still and recalled haunting memories of her childhood. She withdrew the book from her grasp and set it on her lap. She raced the spine with her fingertips feeling the rough symbols of a language she didn’t know. She thought about her father, their last moments together. She shut her eyes and the memories came back...
"Give us all yer goods and we’ll letcha go!" sneered a bandit, pointing his sword at the men and women who had lined up along the grass. Nobody moved, or even flinched to this man, they only stared to the ground with dead eyes. The girl was only a child in her mother’s arms but she knew what was happening, this wasn’t the first time the bandits came to plunder her village. A man on a horse came riding in; he was recognized as the leader of the bandits. "Now, now, you aren’t giving my men a hard time now, are you?" the bandit leader said as he trotted along the line. He came up to the child’s father and pointed a sword at him. "Is that a silk shirt? How could you have possibly afforded that? Did we not clean you out last time?" He said as he scraped his sword up his chest to the man’s neck. "Why don’t you hand over all that money you have?" He signaled his men to go inside the obscure house.
A man came out carrying a book with strange markings on it. "This is all I could find, he’s dead broke." said the bandit. The leader took the book and when the father realized what the bandit lord had taken he was suddenly sparked to life. He sprang toward the leader, knocking him off his horse latching onto the book with all his might. The bandits rushed over and managed to pull him off their leader. "If you’re so passionate about this book, you can have it." He said as he threw the book into their house. The bandits rounded up all the people and lock them in their houses as they burned the houses down. The father went up to his child "Do you remember what I told you?" he asked, as the little girl nodded. Her mother opened a small latch and wrapped a piece of bread in a cloth. "Here Shinozu, now run off!" said her mother. The little girl took the bread and started to climb down the trap door. Before she could run down the tunnel her father came to the entrance, "Here take this, it is meant to be yours." He said as he handed her the book. She ran down the tunnel and heard the scream of her mother....
She awoke back into her reality, heart racing, she looked around and decided it was time to move on. Enough of the past, she had to let go of it. She read the book, but she could only understand its illustrations.
She got off the grass, and exited the small rock wall that enclosed and protected her. She took her knives, fixed her long, draping cape, and put her hood on. It was time to restock on supplies in another area. She pulled out a crudely drawn map and pointed at a spot on it.

Chapter 3 - The Meet

Johan stormed out of town, outraged at the old woman who told him such madness. He walked back to his farm his head down trying to make out what she had said. Johan was so detached from the surroundings he almost ran into a guard. He stopped him and pulled out a flier.
"Sir take one of these, she’s a deadly criminal and has a large bounty on her head, be careful she goes for small isolated places." the guard said as he walked into the tree line. He took the flier without a reply and glared at it with no intent to see what was on the paper; he was still in his own world. Johan had walked for a while and the sun began to set. He looked at the flier once more while there was still light, and it was then that it struck him. He rubbed his eyes and shook his head to make sure he was awake, then he looked back at the flier; it was the girl in his dreams.

Johan finally reached his farm but something was odd. His herd of sheep was in their pen, but one of them was tied to a tree near the cellar door. He went to investigate. The lock on the door to the cellar was open, so he pulled the door open and proceeded inside with caution. He heard something deeper in his cellar so he grabbed a shovel, and walked deeper. He noticed a shadowy figure rummaging through his provisions; he took his shovel and swung it at the figure. A loud clank and sparks came from the spot he swung at, the recoil of the hit knocked Johan off his balance. The figure took the opportunity and kicked in his legs. Johan toppled over but stopped his fall with the shovel and managed to strike back at the figure with a jab. The figure took out a knife and cut his arm as she dodged the punch. She kicked him at his chest causing him to fall back into a stone brick. A loud thud was heard and everything went silent.

Chapter 4

After an hour of walking through the trees, a small farm appeared on the horizon. The tree line ended suddenly and the ground sloped down into a steep hill. Shinozu steadily slid down the hill throwing up dust. She hesitated and waited a few minutes to see if anybody was inside. After a while, the girl circled the farm to look for anything she could find. There was a small herd of sheep inside a wooden pen. She opened it pulled a short rope from her side tied it around the sheep's neck, brought it out, closed the pen door, and brought it to the back of the cabin.

"Baaaah!" "Shhhush you dumb animal, someone might hear." Shinozu said angrily. She proceeded to the cellar door of the cabin, and bent over to look at the lock. She smirked and lowered her hood. Her hair caught the sunlight and it caused the thin blond strands of hair to light everything up, she had a soft appearance, but her ice cold blue eyes showed no kindness. She fingered her hair, and then pulled out a bobby pin. She worked the lock for a few minutes and then "Click!" "Gotcha!" she said.

She opened the cellar door, and it creaked. She walked down the stairs and entered the dark and gloomy cellar. The stones were covered in vegetation, and a lot of the bricks had broken loose. She entered the main part of the cellar and started looking through barrels, and chests. She started stuffing her pockets with potatoes, corn, and small items she could sell, and then steal again.

"Urgh" said a strange figure. She looked back for a second and saw a small glimmer coming from the shovel, dropped to the ground and crawled behind the figure. "Clank!" the shovel made contact with the stone wall, the figure stumbled backwards and hit the ground with a thud.

Shinozu saw the perfect opportunity. She put her hand over his mouth to check if he was still breathing. The hot breath hit her hand. She grabbed his arms and dragged him out of the cellar and to the front door. She searched his pockets and took out the key to open it. She pulled him inside and somehow managed to get him on a chair. She found some rope and tied him up. She sat across from him and finally got a good look at the figure that attacked her.

The man was strongly built; he had been a farmer all his life. He was sharp, and had smooth jet black hair. She looked at him, studying every detail, but couldn’t help but to doze off. She laid her head on the table and let her dreams envelope her.

Chapter 5

"Here take this, it is meant to be yours" a voice said. The hatch closed and the two figures lay frozen as the blaze enveloped the house. A support beam broke and separated the two. The women screamed as the fire closed in on her.
Johan awoke, still dizzy. His vision was still blurred, but he tried to remember what had happened. He turned his head to the window; the sun had just come out. He looked forward. He saw a blue figure sitting in front of him. It was a person sleeping. While trying to get up, he realized he was tied down. He struggled with no luck.
"Hey wake up, untie me!" he yelled at the figure. No reply. He hopped forward with the chair and he hit the table up. She woke up quick and stood.
"Who are you!" he yelled. She sat back down and leaned her head on her palm and eyed him. He noticed this girl. But he couldn’t remember. "I’ve seen you before..?" he said confused.
"I wouldn’t be surprised," she replied "There are posters of me in all the big cities." He then remembered; she’s the thief on the poster the guard gave him. But more importantly he remembered; she’s the girl who he has seen in his dreams for the past three months.
He recalled his recent dream, about the two parents being killed. "I’m sorry about your parents." he couldn’t resist saying, the sadness of losing his own parents in a fire over took him.
She stood up and said "You knew my parents!?" Johan replied "N...No... I..., he thought about it and figured the truth wouldn’t hurt. "I saw them in a dream, a fire over taking them as you ran to safety."

Chapter 6

“How exactly are you having these dreams?” Shinozu asked.
“Truthfully; I don’t know either.” Johan answered.
“How long have you been having these dreams?”
“These dreams have haunted me for about 17 years, at first I thought it was my diet, but after a while the dreams became so vivid.”
"Seventeen years..? My parents died seventeen years ago..." They both stopped talking for a moment.
"That book, what does it say."
"I don’t know, I can’t read it. It’s written in a different language."
"Can I look at it?" He asked. She reluctantly pulled the book out from under her robe. She set it on the table. "You mind untying me?"

He looked at the cover of the book examining it thoroughly. He opened it to the first page and he noticed something.
"This book is written in Latin."
"Can you read it!?" She said excitedly.
"When I was younger my father forced me to learn Latin, I could never grasp it, but I may remember a few things." He flipped the page and looked at it confused. "This may take a while."

Chapter 7

He flipped another page; he couldn’t seem to remember anything he had learned. He picked up his mug of coffee and started drinking. "Any luck?" said Shinozu walking down the stairs wrapped in a towel, her body was more vivid then before, he could see her features more clearly, he coughed as he choked on some coffee. "Well I can’t really find anything...." he said as he turned the pages and glanced down at each page of the book, but something caught his eye. He turned back and saw it.
Shinozu dressed and walked up to the table, leaning over looking at the book. "Find something?"
"Yeah, I think, this right here, it reads Where the earth touches sky, the truth will be seen" he said looking up at her puzzled. Shinozu sat down and rubbed her head. She took out her crudely drawn map and looked at it.
"Are you sure its sky? Could it be the clouds?" she asked. "Clouds? Yes it can translate to the sky or clouds." he said confused. She took out a crudely drawn map and pointed to a region. "Here"

Chapter 8

Shinozu readily packed her things; whilst Johan was hesitating to leave his farm unattended. He was thinking of either ending these dreams; or simply live a normal farmer’s life. He rummaged through his pockets and he felt a paper. He pulled it out and remembered what the guard had told him. This girl had a bounty on her. He read the flier, one thousand gold coins. He thought to himself "With this money I wouldn’t have to work another day in my life."
He decided that the best choice was to see where the book led, and if he could get rid of his nightmares. He went into an old room and opened a cabinet. It was full of old junk; he rummaged through it and pulled out a small knife with a sheath. He put the knife on his belt went back to Shinozu.
"Are you ready?" She asked Johan.
"Define ready..." He said frustrated.
"Let’s go, the mountains get cold at night, so it’s best to leave now so we arrive at the base in the morning."
"Let’s go then."

Chapter 9

Shinozu and Johan were walking down a dirt road, every few hundred yards there would be a poster of Shinozu, and she would tear it down. She tied up her hair and wasn’t wearing her shroud, so the picture didn’t look like her very much.
"So what did you do?" He eagerly asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Well you have a thousand coin bounty; you had to have done something horrible."
"I was set up.... I stole from the bandit lord and he set me up, I don’t know what he did, but ever since that, I’ve been hunted by the guards." There was a long silence as they walked, rested for a drink, and walked some more.
"Mind me asking, how old are you?" Johan asked. Shinozu smiled, "It’s not polite to ask a girl her age." They walked on until the sun set.

Chapter 10

The sun set and they made up camp in a clearing. A fire was going, but it was very dim. Shinozu threw flier by flier in the fire. Johan lay back looking at the stars. He sat up and looked at Shinozu; the fire highlighted her soft features. She looked up at him and her eyes were different, they had a shade of green around the rims.
"What are you staring at?" She exclaimed.
"Your eyes, I didn’t notice how beautiful they were." Shinozu looked away trying to hide her red cheeks from him. The conversation waned in uncomfortable silence.
“Twenty-two," Shinozu said out of nowhere.
"What?" Johan asked.
"I’m twenty-two"
"You look much younger then twenty-two." The conversation again cut off.

Chapter 11

Johan walked carefully on the small ledge, "We are almost there" he said bobbing his head toward a wider passage. Shinozu stepped forward and the rock broke loose, she slid down. Johan tried to grab her hand but he was too late.
He woke in fright. Breathing heavily he looked over at Shinozu still sleeping comfortably. The sun was starting to rise so he decided to get their things ready, because he could not sleep after that. He awoke Shinozu and she stubbornly didn’t wake up. He nudged her again and she almost stabbed him.
"Sorry! I’m used to being alone." She said still on top of him holding her knife.
"Its okay but could you get off, your knee is in my stomach." Johan said coughing.
They got themselves together and walked to the base of the mountain.
"I’ve got something to tell you." Johan said.
"What?" Shinozu asked.
"I had a dream last night."
"Was it about my father!?"
"N...No... It was about you. You fell off the mountain on a thin ridge. I wasn’t able to save you...”
"A thin ridge? That is the short route; I was going to request we go that way... But I think we should go the long route."
They continued up a dirt trail and reached the cross roads. They turned left to the long path and headed onward. They reached a wide passing with a steep wall. Suddenly there was a rumble, rocks started to fall down and Johan jumped forward out of the way. He turned around "Shinozu are you there!" he yelled. "Yeah I’m fine, but there’s no way over this, I’ll go through the other path, you go on." she said. "But my dream... You can’t you’ll die!"
"You were in that dream, if you’re not there then it won’t happen right?"
"Okay... Be careful." he said as they moved away from each other.

Chapter 12

Shinozu looked back at the rock slide then continued on forward. She was scared that she would die but she knew she had to keep going. She started to walk up the short route, everything seemed fine. The ridge was stable so she continued on. She inched forward, and a rock flew off where she stepped. She clung to the wall and continued on slowly. She was almost there, and just before she reached it, the ridge collapsed under her foot and she began to fall.

Chapter 13

Johan looked onward and back at the rockslide; he knew he had to keep going. He said to himself all the way there "She'll be there before I get there, she’s on the shorter route." he repeated it to himself all the way to the top. When he began to reach a flat plane he noticed long blades of grass had grown on this mountain, and the clouds had suddenly started to fall down onto the land. He continued on and saw a hut in the middle of nowhere.
He walked up to the hut and a voice came from inside "Come inside my child." He recognized this voice. He entered the hut, and the old lady stood up and came up to Johan. "Now do you understand?" She asked him. All he could think of to say way "Where’s Shinozu!"
"You already know, you have seen it."
"No it’s not true I saw myself in that dream, she was on her own!"
"You cannot change the future."

Chapter 14

Her life passed before her eyes, she knew this was it. "Dad..." she said as her last moments were ending. A hand grasped her arm, and pulled her up. She stood on the ridge; she didn’t know what just happened. She looked around confused. "Johan?" she said.
"No miss, follow me my mistress needs your audience." said an armored man, a helmet covered his face. She followed him to the top of the mountain. She examined everything, took it all in. She thought this was heaven.
"Where’s Shinozu!" she heard coming from inside the fog. She knew that voice, she couldn’t be in heaven. She ran toward the sound and opened the hut door.

Chapter 15

The door flung open and he turned around swiftly. It was Shinozu, standing at the door way. He ran up her and embraced her.
"I thought you were dead." he said with a crack in his voice. She hugged him back. The man who saved her walked in.
"Just as you said mistress, the rock collapsed just when you predicted It." said the armored man. Johan looked over Shinozu's shoulder and looked at the man. He walked up to him.
"You... you're the guard who gave me the flier... Wait...” He turned back to the old lady and walked toward her.
"You... This was all part of your plan wasn’t it?"
"Yes, wise as you are naive" she said sarcastically.
"What do you want with us?" Shinozu exclaimed.

Chapter 16

"I have many things to tell you. But we have little time so I will tell you the origins of your foresight my child." she said.
"When you were a young child, you suffered from an illness of the soul, as a last resort your mother took you to me. I took care of you for a week, and prepared you for the ritual. I put part of my soul into you. After years of evolving, your powers grew powerful, but only by the aid of moonlight will you see.” He took a moment to take it in.
“So you caused these nightmares?” he said angrily.
“Only those who are destined can even recognize this ability.” She said. “Now do you understand?” Johan was silent. “I need your help, both of yours” she said.
“With what,” Shinozu asked.
“You two must kill the bandit lord.”

Chapter 17

Shinozu and Johan stood outside the hut thinking about the request. “How are we going to kill the bandit lord, he is untouchable.” Johan said. “We have to.” Shinozu said.
“Hmm I have an idea.” He said.
“Oh?”
He told her the idea and they went inside the hut. “Okay we’ll do it.” Johan said.
“I knew you would.” The old lady smiled.
They prepared for their journey back, the armored man showed them a slope on the back side of the mountain that is safe and goes straight to the bandit camp. They prepared and headed onward.

Chapter 18

They camped on the outskirts of the bandit camp, outside their sight. “When he takes you in, make sure to pour this vial into his drink,” Shinozu said. In the morning Johan tied Shinozu’s hands together and they began to walk to the camp. They got to the gates and some of the bandits stopped him, he pulled out the flier and flashed it to the guards. They opened the gate and he proceeded. They arrived to the quarters of the bandit lord and he exited.
“Who do we have here? Shinozu is that really you, it’s been a while.” He said. Shinozu spit on the ground in front of him, “Feisty as always.” Johan flashed the flier, “I brought the girl, so give me my money.” There was a pause.
“But of course, come into my quarters.” Johan handed Shinozu to one of the bandits and followed the bandit lord. “So how did you capture her?”
“She fell asleep in my fields and I knocked her with a shovel and tied her up.” Johan said. There was some fighting outside, Shinozu was struggling. “Oh they do not know how to handle a women, wait here I’ll be right back.” The bandit lord said as he exited the hut. Johan took this chance and poured the vial into his wine.
The bandit lord entered the cabin again, and he walked up to his table and sat down. He whistled for someone, and a short bandit ran in and stood straight up. “Drink this.” He handed him the poisoned wine. Johan got scared. “Do you really think I’m that stupid?” the bandit lord said. “What are you talking about, I just want my money.”
“How is it that a farmer could possibly capture a criminal like her?”
“I told you I hit…” “SHUT UP!” the bandit lord cut Johan off. The bandit who drank the wine started to choke. “Take him away.” Two bandits came in and took the dead body outside the camp. “As for you, I will throw you in the jail cell.” Johan smirked.
“Before you make any quick decisions, look at where you’re sitting.” He said as he walked over and pointed to sacks of explosives. “When you sat down you broke the seal, if you remove the pressure, Boom.” He walked back and sat across from him. “What do you want? You want the money? Take it I don’t care.” the bandit lord said. “No thank you, first off I’d like you to bring Shinozu in here.” He signaled a man standing outside to go get her.
She entered smiling. “So looks like the tables have finally turned James.” She said.
“You can’t kill me, you are under oath.” James said.
“Things have changed.” She pulled out a knife and walked up to him.

Chapter 19

The sun set and the bandits seemed to have all passed out. Shinozu snuck past the guard towers and went into the Bandit Lords cabin; she pulled out small explosives from her pocket and placed them under the legs of the chair. She looked through a cabinet and took a vial of Hemlock. She snuck back into her camp and gave Johan the vial. They headed on to the camp and she was being taken into the prison, but then another bandit came and changed the order, to take her back to the cabin.

Chapter 20

She brought the knife to his neck and just before she killed him, “Please I’ll give you anything.” She ignored it and slit his neck. “Let’s get out of here before they trigger the trap.” Johan and Shinozu exited out a back door and stepped out of range of the explosion. It didn’t take long for the bandits to realize what had happened. They ran in panicked. “Quick help him.” They tried to help him in vain. They lifted his body and in a matter of seconds, Boom. The walls exploded as shards of wood flew into people standing outside. Half the camp was trying to help their leader, half their camp died, and almost all of the others, severely injured.

Chapter 21

They stood In the center of camp, they found themselves surrounded by horrified glares. They started to hear clapping, getting closer and closer. “Very good job you two, you did better than I expected.” She looked around at the dead bodies. “Take them away, Jonathan. “ She said as the armored man took off his helmet.
Jonathan took them by arm and dragged them to the cell. They struggled but he was too strong. He put them in a cell and locked the door.

Chapter 22

They sat there, with no hope left. They didn’t know what would happen, they fell asleep.
A the hand of a corpse clenched onto the neck of Shinozu, her eyes were losing their life. He heard a muffled sound in the back ground “Wake up... Wake up…” He opened his eyes and a man he hadn’t seen before was kneeling shaking Johan. He sat up and looked at the man. “Who… Who are you?” Johan asked. “I’m a professor for the academy of knowledge. You were shaking, and it didn’t seem like you were breathing.” Johan took a moment to think. “How did you get here?”
“I made a remark about the bandit lord and he threw me in his cell.”
“What do you teach?” he asked. “Latin,” it struck him like a lightning bolt, he pulled out the book from his coat, and said “Can you read this. It may be the only thing that will save our lives.” “I’ll try.” The man read as fast as he could and fed Johan the information. Then they reached a certain page. “The Necromancers Arrival” the professor said. “On the night of the death of the bringer of sorrow, the necromancer shall rise once more.”
“The bandit lord… we have to stop her she’s going to call upon the necromancer!”

Chapter 23

Shinozu couldn’t sleep anymore; she was going to stop this once and for all. She snuck past the two, and picked the lock of the cell. She snuck into a cabin and started to look for a weapon, she found a cutlass and left. She went around and stood behind the shadows as she watched the old lady setting up a ritual. A hand touched her shoulder and grasped her; she couldn’t move the man was to strong. She was taken to the old lady. “You thought you could sneak up on me? I’ve seen this all, I will raise the necromancer and he will reign once more.” She started to chant and green ooze came from her finger tips and seeped into the ground. Wind starts to cyclone around the point where the ooze fell, dirt and flesh started to come together, and bone started to structure itself. A corpse stood before Shinozu. She looked at the man who was raised. She began to cry. “Father… Father I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” She said crying.
“Kill her.” The old lady said.

Chapter 24

“To reverse the ritual, one with a righteous vendetta must speak the words: EGO expello vos ut silenti etc , qua vos ero obfirmo pro infinitio!” said the professor. Johan looked over to where Shinozu was sleeping, but she was gone. In a moment he turned and looked at the door, it was open. Quickly he got up and ran outside to the middle of the camp.
There she was, being held in a death grip by a corpse, the dream he has been having has finally come true. He ran as fast as he could and tackled the corpse. He didn’t have time to check on Shinozu, only hope that she was still alive.
“It’s too late! The ritual is complete.” Said the old lady as a whirlwind surrounded her assistant. Souls from the dead bodies around were sucked into his mouth. His eyes turned green and he spoke with a deep dark coarse voice. “Who summons me from my sleep?”
“I have master, I only wish for you to take back control of this world,” said the old lady.
“Your wish will be granted, but for this to happen I need a soul of great power.” He said as he put his hand on the old ladies head, “No please not my soul” she said in vain as her soul was lifted from her body into the necromancers. “What vermin squabble before me?” he said as he walked up to Johan and Shinozu. “EGO expello vos ut silenti etc , qua vos ero obfirmo pro infinitio!” Johan yelled, but nothing happened. “Shinozu wake up, wake up, please wake up.” The necromancer stepped closer and closer.

Chapter 25

The man stepped closer to her. Shinozu stood frozen with guilt. “Please father I had to do it, don’t kill me, I’m sorry.” She pleaded. The corpse grabbed her throat. The breath started to leave her, and she passed out. She lay there thinking. “Am I dead?” she seemed to be in an afterlife, everything was white. “No child you are in between worlds” said an angelic voice. “You have to go back now, he needs you.” As she said this, life seemed to go back into her. Sound was the first thing to come back, she started to hear something “wake up, wake up…” she opened her eyes. Johan looked into her eyes and her vision began to come back. The ugly scene came to her, and she looked up at Johan. “What’s going on?” she asked.
“Repeat after me, EGO expello vos ut silenti etc , qua vos ero obfirmo pro infinitio!” he said it slowly for her. “EGO… Expello vos…. Ut silenti…” as the words were spoken, the necromancer started to break down. A force hit him for each word; souls began to leak out. “Etc, qua vos ero….” The necromancer was on the ground trying to get up. “Obfimo pro infinito!” as the last words were said the necromancer’s soul flew out of the man’s body and into the ground. Johan cried, “It’s over” he hugged Shinozu.

Epilogue

They stood at a crossroads, one going to Johan’s farm, and the other going to a different city. “So this is it.” Johan said. “Yeah.” She said sadly.
“Are you sure you don’t want to come with me to my farm.”
“I’m sorry I have a lot of things to make amends to.” They hugged once more and separated. Shinozu started down the path to a new city. She turned around “I have to tell you something before I leave.” She thought of her father and what happened when she was little. “I…” she couldn’t tell him. “I’ll miss you.” She turned around and started to walk again.
“I’ll miss you too,” said Johan as he went back to his farm. The sun rose as the heroes parted ways.

Last edited:
Level 12
Yet seen any official announcement though, so I think yall might be safe till 11:59PM GMT+0

Level 12
Well, looks like I may want to post a table for the Final Submissions!

EDIT: Table is completed.

By my count, The team of Amargaard and TheFairfield are the only ones who did not provide a finished product.

There may be some debate over the deadline, but..idk about that.

As for judges, I believe there's 2 (NOT including me) already, iirc. As previously stated, if necessary I can be a judge, but I can only promise it'll take me a while. And not until (Earliest) this weekend.

Anyway, Great job on this difficult task, you guys. Those who submitted finished works are to all be rewarded, imo, for this was in absolutely no way an easy task. Kudos, and good luck to all. :)

Last edited:
Level 20
I'm actually dissapointed, I think I might've let TWIF down here :p

The ending is... *Shudders*
Ah well, it was fun. Just not that last bit :p

Very well done everyone as already stated we've had a good turn out, I expected many (including myself) to not even finish a submission

Good luck with judging all :)

Level 20
In my hurry, i think i made the last bit loose the feel that the rest of my story had.

Couldn't have put it better myself, I'm proud of how we started and how it developed but the last perspective may as well have been cut and pasted from some other piece of work - it doesn't fit at all - I probably should've just submitted it unfinished =/

Oh well :D
It's all about the fun, ey? ;)

Level 17
I spent 2 whole classes at school working on the end, i missed out on notes, but i already knew that stuff is the good thing. I didnt put as much work as i did in the first half but it still matches the plot, it still fits, but it could have been longer, some details i wanted i couldnt put in because well no time =p

Level 12
I thought there was someone other than Apheraz, But I may have been wrong.

Anyway, yeah, i fly out tomorrow at like 3:45PM US-EST (GMT-5) Either During, or after the plane lands, I may be able to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.