• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short Story Contest #5 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

paired.png
short%20story.png
contest.png
number.png
5.png

poll.png

Dual Perspective
Partners

Entrants were required to produce a 7000 word or less Short Story that took place from two perspectives, each roughly half of the story. These two perspectives must be a pair of some sort. (Lovers, Criminals, Mercenaries, Drug Store Clerks, Ect.)

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

judges.png
  • Vizel
  • Apheraz Lucent
contest%20judging.png
Plot And Foreshadowing
Was your plot intriging? was it well structured, thought out and executed? Was it linear or did it have plot twists? Was it confusing or Straightforward? Did you provide forshadowing for events? How well executed was it? Was it Boring and unoriginal, or did you make somthing fresh happen?
25 Points

Characterization
How well developed were your Characters? Were they well structured, interesting, and balanced? Did they capture the readers imagination? Were they original, or did they follow common archetypes? were they over-dramatized? Did one character have too much influence over the plot? Were the characters underutilized, and have too litte influence? Did you care and/or feel for them? Did your Pair work well together? Did they fit within the framework of your story?
25 Points

Descriptions
Were your Descriptions eloquently scripted? Did they make sense, and capture the readers imagination, Did you use proper english? Did the descriptions rely on one factor or another? were they repetitive? Is there enough action between descriptions? Do they change from perspective to perspective? Do they change too much or too litte? Were they too heavy, or too light? Did they bog the reader down or continue to advance the story?
25 Points

Perspective and Contrast
Did the Perspectives contrast well? Were they portrayed equally? Was the perspective unique, or were they too similar? Did all events happen the same from both perspectives? Did they happen differently? Is the feel of the story the same? Is it different? Too different? Do the perspectives assits Characterization, Description and Plot?
25 Points
disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited:
Level 17
If they vote for whatever reason, it is their choice. We can only merely tell voters to be sure to read all entries and vote for the best (in their opinion). It is up to them to follow that rule.

Level 17
Yeah. Id be a hypocrite for ragging on somone who does that, considering i voted for naitstark because i dont know him

Yeah, that's bad. =P Well, not bad. He and idodik (sp?) wrote a very good piece. I just hope you managed to read the other entries before voting. Perhaps your subconscious told you that their entry was the better one and you simultaneously voted for them. ^.^

Level 17
I rather enjoyed all the entries, but I must say, I think some people tried way too hard to mash in as many adjectives as possible. Few sentences were straight-to-the-point, which is a good feat in some cases.

Job well done to all the contestants (all 6 of them).

do you mean like

"The brown old dog jumped excitedly over a brown, broken fence, and fell dramaticly into the dark wet mud."

Level 17
I'm not sure how you mean the term "leader". In our group, we had no leader. I'm sure it was like that for each team.

Level 17
@Choovak
What?

@Infinite
Sestina Lamente was a character I created and played in a roleplay Dragonson created based on his world and his lore. I worked hard developing such a character, and he worked very hard developing his lore.

Level 17
You continue to claim that people are merely voting because of popularity. It gets tiresome.

You've pretty much insulted all who voted for us by doing that. And TWIF's voters too, seeing as he has a lot of repute on here.

Level 17
So people only vote for us because we're on the top? I think you should give the users of The Hive Workshop a bit more credit than that.

Level 17
i didnt say all your votes were because of that. mayb 1 or 2. Normally in a fork road, people will go right because the right side is their dominate, they choose right without thinking. Another thing is, its just a shot to the moral, you spend days writting the best that you can and your sure that its an amazing peice of work, and you hardly get votes.

Level 27
InfiniteAnswers.
Please, leave catching cheaters to the mods and leave judging the stories to the voters.

If what you want is answers and a justification of the crimes that i have apparently commited then i will gladly give you some. But not here.
Come on Skype or some other chat site and i will explain and justify as best i can.

If that is not what you want then please just leave our entry alone.
Me and wolfe have worked just as hard on it as any other team has on theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.