• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

SharpCraft WEX Bundle v0.1.3.1
World Editor Extended is the successor to the Jass NewGen Pack. It is updated to work with the newest editor and includes the main features that JNGP had.

To use this, simply use the SharpCraft.Launcher and launch the "Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)" profile or use the included "World Editor Extended.exe" to launch it directly.

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress. There are still several features missing. Features will be added in as time allows it and as they are requested. Some features might never return because the original developers are gone.

SharpCraft can be discussed in the hosted project subforum.

Semi-Complete Feature List
  • JassHelper, a vJASS compiler, that replaces the internal world editor compiler completely. No more crashes from bad code and many more features through vJASS.
  • Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight (TESH), a code syntax highlighter for the Trigger Editor, that makes coding in JASS/vJASS a breeze.
  • Grimoire Extensions (Grimex), a library of tools that extend the functionality of vJASS giving it the ability to create new objects(units, items, etc.) and more.
  • Increased/Removed various limits, like the number of doodads, destructables and more.
  • Object Id dialog, that allows you to manually set the object id when creating a new object. Want to make a hero peasent? Just copy the peasent, and when the dialog asks, just change the first letter to upper case, and he's ready.

Changelog
Code:
v0.1.3.1
* Updated to WE 1.29.0
* Updated TESH function database to have new natives ( thanks to @Abovegame )
* Fixed crash with ObjectDataExtractor when it couldn't locate Java, instead it will simply disable itself silently.
* Attempted to shorten paths, to avoid crash due to long path names.

v0.1.3.0
* Updated to WE 1.29.0 PTR - This is very experimental and have been done hastily. It should work with vJass/Wurst and TESH. Other features have been removed since they're now included in the vanilla editor.

v0.1.2.9
* Updated to WE 1.28.5

v0.1.2.8
* Updated TESH, to fix a rare bug where it would crash the editor.
* Added WurstScript experimentally, use at your own risk. WEX will not keep the same update cycle as WurstScript, so you will have to update it manually if you encounter bugs.

v0.1.2.7
* Added fix for the File Importer.

v0.1.2.6
* Updated to WE 1.28.4
* Fixed up SharpCraft to work with new editor executable name.
* Fixed up WEX to work with new editor executable name.

v0.1.2.5
* Improved extended settings with -window and -opengl options.
* Included the option to launch with a special WEX profile. This does nothing yet, but will in the future.

v0.1.2.4
* Fixed window names for TESH so it works on all languages automatically.
* Added more no-limits features, like steep cliffs and a wider range of terrain heights.

v0.1.2.3
* Updated to WE 1.28.2
* Added support for -loadfile and other parameters directly.
* Replaced TESH with TESH 2.0
* Fixed various issues across versions, should work perfectly for all supported versions now.

v0.1.1.2
* Fixed issues with enabling disabled triggers with vJASS code or missing init function.
* Added menu entries for JassHelper.

v0.1.1.1
* Updated with support for WE 1.26 and 1.27b. !!THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL!!
* Fixed a mistake introduced last update that might've made things unstable.

v0.1.1.0
* Added fix for Test Map. You can now get back to mapping!
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (allow local files)

v0.1.0.2
* Updated to WE 1.28.1 (still works for 1.27b, 1.28)
* Fixed Extended Editor Settings for Increased Map Dimensions, so 480x480 maps are back on the menu!

v0.1.0.1
* Updated to WE 1.28 (still works for 1.27b)
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (increased map dimensions)
* Fixed up Grimex(ObjectMerger, etc.)
* Improved menus a bit and removed some unused stuff.
* Removed various stuff like all the default profiles and some stuff that shouldn't have been included.

v0.1.0.0
* Initial release.
* * JassHelper
* * Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight
* * Extended Editor Settings (nolimits, custom object id, etc.)

Known Issues
Version Status
  • 1.28.5 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.4 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.3 - Skipped!
  • 1.28.2 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.26.0 - Tested and fully supported.
Test Instructions (for those interested in helping)
  1. Start the Editor
  2. Create a new 480x480 map
  3. Test the map to make sure test map works
  4. Open the Trigger Editor, make sure TESH is present, and add the following custom script somewhere
    1. Script to add: //! external ObjectMerger
    2. Save the map and make sure it comes up with an error about ObjectMerger arguments
  5. Open the Object Editor and create an object, making sure the object id dialog pops up.
The SharpCraft WEX Bundle should not be redistributed! The Hive Workshop is the only official source for the SharpCraft WEX Bundle!
Contents

SharpCraft WEX Bundle (0.1.3.1) (Binary)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
Approved. One of the best and most essential tools a Warcraft 3 modder can have. 5/5!
Level 10
How could you make Sharpcraft work on v1.30 ?

To be honest I have no clue. I just started cliking everything and anywhere. Till it worked. But since I realized Blizzard has removed the tileset limit (now you can put 16 tileset without any program).

I only wanted to use it for that purpose but since I don't need it anymore I just don't use this program anymore and deleted from my computer. Sorry I can't be more help.

Level 6
What are the chances of being able to use this on the current latest warcraft 3? none? no support for new features but otherwise fine? limping zombie?

Level 11
What are the chances of being able to use this on the current latest warcraft 3? none? no support for new features but otherwise fine? limping zombie?
As far as I know, there is no plan to update WEX, because the upcoming patches (or Reforged) will include its functionalities.

Level 6
It's none, the creator of WEX works for Blizzard and it's these kind of tools that they want to take away. They will implement everything that WEX has and more in the normal editor so these kind of tools wont be needed.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
It's none, the creator of WEX works for Blizzard and it's these kind of tools that they want to take away. They will implement everything that WEX has and more in the normal editor so these kind of tools wont be needed.
It's not so much that they deliberately sabotaged them, as much as it is they don't go out of their way to ensure support for them.

Hopefully in the new World Editor we can do things like include Actions in Conditions, Actions in Events as well as multi-line Custom script or nest Functions within GUI without requiring the user to know JASS to do so (though that last one would be a huge departure from WarCraft 3 and moreso Starcraft 2)

Level 6
2 things that the GUI scripting interface lacks more than anything: being able to define use your own functions and local variables in pure GUI.
I think the quality of many Warcraft maps would be way better historically if this was more accessible and did not necessitate dropping into custom script (jass2)

For all those folk editing with a Warcraft version 1.29.2 and below, you may look at the following post: (Page 28)

Updated addresses for WEX for 1.29.2.9132 patch.
Edit: added backwards compatibility for 1.29.1.9160 patch.

Download the attached file and in the first plugins subfolder within your Sharpcraft WEX folder, replace the current addresses.xml with the extracted addresses.xml file.

Level 2
I have .NET and Visual C++ installed, I have given admin rights and reduced the "User Account Control Settings" slider down to "Never Notify" but the thing won't run.

Any advice?

Level 4
Although this is technically a JassHelper error, but I can't find the forum for it.
  • JassHelper, a vJASS compiler, that replaces the internal world editor compiler completely. No more crashes from bad code and many more features through vJASS.
For some reason the vanilla complier still runs and throws error about vJass syntax before pjass can run and save the map. Not a big problem, but annoying.

Level 3
I think the vanilla compiler always runs, but there was an option to not throw any error (I don't remember where, but probably check the JassHelper menu)

Level 4
I tried to launch it but didn't work, WCIII is on patch 1.30.4 now, could that be the reason why? I have the 2 files in description downloaded/up to date. Is there an alternative to this that will work or am I stuck with vanilla WCIII editor? Tried launching as admin as well, it shows up in task manager as using memory but the window won't pop up, does it normally take awhile to launch?

Level 11
Only works from 1.29 below, unfortunately. So if you want to use this, you would need to have another version installed.

Level 12
For everyone who's reading this comment:
MindWorX is now working for Blizzard alongside Kam and, as such, SharpCraft is no longer supported and are now being integrated to the base game World Editor.
I hope it's enlightening.

Level 5
For everyone who's reading this comment:
MindWorX is now working for Blizzard alongside Kam and, as such, SharpCraft is no longer supported and are now being integrated to the base game World Editor.
I hope it's enlightening.
:-< I just wanted to ask him for adding memory hack to this just before reading your comment
LoL

Level 4
Tried using this tool, and even helped it locate my world editor. But after that, I tried opening the world editor extended but nothing happens. :((

edit: since nothing happened, i tried restarting the computer but somehow it seems it messed it up. It took very long time now before my laptop would open and my laptop’s performance significantly decreased.

srsly what’s happening? :(((

edit 2: ugh, i think it just broke my laptop

Last edited:
Hey this might be a noob question but how do i run this thing? I already tried to put all the contents of this thing to the main directory and locate the World Editor.exe and it doesn't work for me. My version is at 1.31.

I really wished it is as easy as NewGen like i use before.

Edit: Oh so it doesn't work now, is there any alternatives i can use right now or i just have to use the default World Editor for a moment?

Level 12
I linked
Hey this might be a noob question but how do i run this thing? I already tried to put all the contents of this thing to the main directory and locate the World Editor.exe and it doesn't work for me. My version is at 1.31.

Edit: Oh so it doesn't work now, is there any alternatives i can use right now or i just have to use the default World Editor for a moment?
I linked a torrent a few posts back, for version 1.29. Last working version.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

Yup, you're stuck with the standard editor if you want patch 1.30 and higher.
To be honest though, the only reason to use another editor is for syntax highlighting. Most other features are included in the default editor now.

Yup, you're stuck with the standard editor if you want patch 1.30 and higher.
To be honest though, the only reason to use another editor is for syntax highlighting. Most other features are included in the default editor now.
I use custom World Editor so i can use 16 tiles for terraining. And yeah you're right, i also noticed earlier that it is now part of the default editor, although the problem now is that i can't edit my old maps with the new version of World Editor, it crashes the World Editor as soon as i left-click something (terrain, units). Soo i went back to 1.27b and used Sharpcraft WEX/JNGP. I guess ill stick with this version for a moment.

Last edited:
Level 6
The stock 1.31 World editor is so buggy im seriously considering going back to Wex or JNGP..
saving the map scramles all object strings.. just so bad it cant be used.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Syntax highlighting/autocomplete are important features and it's ridiculous that the standard world editor doesn't have these. Like it's 2019 not 1985 how do we not have the most basic features of an IDE?

Level 14
Syntax highlighting/autocomplete are important features and it's ridiculous that the standard world editor doesn't have these. Like it's 2019 not 1985 how do we not have the most basic features of an IDE?

In principle, TESH should also work with the native editor (i.e. without JNGP/WEX). I remember doing some tests back then and it worked, just didn't make much sense because the vanilla editor had no vJass at that time. It even worked when loaded from an external exe which however, decreased performance a bit (I guess due to additional context switches between the involved processes).

It should be enough to ensure the dll gets loaded on start-up. However, I don't know how JNGP/WEX managed to do this.