1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Scariest Game Moments?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by wereguy2, Feb 17, 2009.

1. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What are the scariest moments of a game that you have experienced?
    I would say mine would be The Cradle in Thief Deadly Shadows, The Hotel in Vampire: Bloodlines The Masquerade or the first quarter of FEAR, before I realized that that chick isnt actually going to do anything...

Oh and also those Ghouls from Dark Messiah, or at least in that bit where you dont have weapons and have to run away from them, I hate they way they move, all gollumey!

CLARIFICATION!
    PLEASE DO NOT CITE A WHOLE GAME, BUT A SPECIFIC PORTION OF ONE!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Playing doom 3 at night.

Yeah.. i have a thing with Zombies :/

3. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol.
    This is off-topic, but doom 3 made me laugh, damn id and their letdowns..

4. hawk_767

hawk_767

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well I can't really say a games ever really scared me. FEAR did give an amazing ambiance but wasn't scary if you had the correct mind set.

I do get jumpy on games though. specially on shooters. I play this one shooter with the volume pretty high. The game has no background noise so if no one is shooting or walking near you u hear nothing. When they shoot you from behind or appear out of no where i jump pretty bad lol.

5. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alone in the Dark: New Nightmare.

I found it very scary when I was 12 y/o, but not anymore.

Silent Hill is also scary wary :c

And some Resident Evils.

And Alma.

And the part that says that Becket impregnanted her accidently, getting permanently(, mentally) locked with her in a room and you could hear her unborn child say ''mommy''.

6. ArneXis

ArneXis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd have to say... S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. Walking around in the forest at night a hearing monster's that actually might attack you from any direction is not a pleasant expierence.

7. ike_ike

ike_ike

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I was about 10 playing Halo. Flood are creepy at night. Especially when they're only PRETENDING to be dead. I must have been rather traumatised at 10.

8. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol, damn slimey zombie-aliens!

9. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont rly play scary games.

But one time in L4D i had a crazy part man, a boomer puked over me and as soon when i could see a bit true the green slime again i looked through the hallway and i saw a whole pack of infected running to me with immense speed .. seriously they were like a wall of infected lol but it only made me think ''Oh crap, im so dead''.

10. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I remember playing AvP2 in the dark. The hallways that blinked were always scary, with the aliens running all over the walls and ceilings, and the radar beeps betting closer and closer.

11. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    These dont have to be horror games, just things that scare you (ie. shitloads of enemies suddenly appearing etc).
    I mean, doom 1 was scary back then, Im quite sure the fireball guys were actually furries...

12. Nbah

Nbah

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Playing Clive Barker's Undying with my brother when I was 7. Scarred me for life T_T

13. Arthas_92

Arthas_92

Resources:
    Resources:
    playing Dead Space at night...volume up...dark and silent room...alone...hardest difficulty...nothing in the world is scarier than this...seriously... :/

14. Em!

Em!

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Phantasmagoria....everything else is a childrens bed time story compared, the first being extremely creepy while the puzzle of flesh was just plain disturbing.

Edit: Clive Barkers undying was also pretty creepy but like i said nothing that matches phantasmagoria

15. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Same..

Also Time Splitters 2 was somehow little scary. D:

16. Need_O2

Need_O2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I scare of Silent Hill
    mostly when Im stuck on somewhere that I cant find what to do, my imagination starts to run so fast and wide and I cant sleep then... :p
    but with a walkthough it isnt scary :p

I definetly love SH because it has no "suddenly something appears" type of scary content but still it creeps you badly

17. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i jumped when the berzerker in gears of war 1 came chargin right into my face.
    when i was younger, i was afraid to go deeper down into Halo during The Silent Cartographer.
    I sort of jump during shooters when im turning a corner and people turn the corner at the same time and whoever has the quicker finger wins.

18. Dreadnought[dA]

Dreadnought[dA]

Resources:
    Resources:
    Diablo 1, the Butcher.

Games over folks, go piss your pants in terror.

19. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh my, I'm so afraid. I'm so afraid of a 2D pixelized red monster, oh help me. Go find me something real scary now `-ยด

20. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    D: Pixellated monsters are the worst!!!