1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Scariest Game Moments?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by wereguy2, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Jargalhurts

Jargalhurts

Resources:
    Resources:
    Silent Hill 3 - when you travel around the haunted mansion a hanging body drops down in front of you.
    Half-Life - Headcrabs jumping on my face. Snarks chasing me.
    Silent Hill 4 - Two headed baby monsters appear in the Water Prison. Hugeass woman head in the Hospital
    Silent Hill 2 - Pyramid Head obviously.
    Silent Hill - Corpse falls from a locker holding a key.
    Silent Hill: Homecoming - Pendulum headed things appear behind me everytime i solve a puzzle in my home.
    Resident Evil 4 - Regenerators 0.0
    Resident Evil 3, 2, 1 - ZOMBIES

2. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    House of the Dead 4 in Arcade. Fucking scary even though there are so many people there.

3. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  4. Etzer

Etzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    The flood from Halo 2, during the dark moments of "High Charity". They freaked me out so badly.

5. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    So you were one of those people that thought ''Where the hell am i going???!!!''

The camera angle doesn't trouble me at all.

6. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Well the last time I got really scared was when in Fallout 3 I've got attacked by Death Claw after hour of exploring wasteland without saving the game and having no efficient weapons...

7. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  8. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    What? What kind of heretic?

Just don't tell me I'm console heretic, I don't use those.

9. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heretic? Really?

Oh, and a reminder; This is a scariest game moments thread, try to avoid listing whole games, too vague. :3

11. Megafyr

Megafyr

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't like scary games. I really get sleep issues. Played the FEAR 2 Project Origin demo though. Thought that was pretty scary.

12. leet.firefox

leet.firefox

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bioshock, at night, by myself, with the lights turned off and surround sound. One of the greatest atmospheres ever constructed in a video game.
    Just hearing the splicers mumble incoherently as their shadows slowly creep up behind you. There was one moment, that I don't think is scripted but I guess it happens to a lot of people, when you look down at a table to rifle through it, and when you look up there is a shadow standing right next to yours and when you turn to look at it you see the blood-stained distorted face of a splicer twisted in agony and ready to bite your nose off.

But then of course it all kind of wears thin once you start blasting away.

Also, FUCKING RAVENHOLME. I hate that place so much. The first few levels in FEAR were pretty freaky, just because I hadn't heard of the game before and I wasn't sure what to expect.

13. spencenator

spencenator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Friend got orange box right when it came out. Played through half life two right up to the part where he was standing outside of ravenholm. After seeing the severed legs hanging from a nearby tree, he put his controller down, and walked away. Not sure if he ever finished hl2

14. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah, forgot about Ravenholm. Fucking crab fuckers, fuckin' mah shit head up.

15. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah i really wanted to get out of that place ASAP.

Games fail to scare me now, although a monster in metro 2033 suddenly ran away from a corner right in front of me, I didn't expect that lol.

Dead Space was scary sure, but it didn't freak me out or anything. Havent finished it btw, damn regenerating mutant...

16. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah ravenholm,that place wasnt so scary.....or maybe it was beause mah half life 2 version was broken and everytime i loaded a game,the AI got dissabled.But once you learn how to deal with the Fast Zombies the level gets easy,you just wait on the roof and watch them climb,then shoot them in the head.
    Simple.

17. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    ...Plus there are traps you can manipulate and its not very dark so you can see zombies. Not like in ep1 afterlife level where everything was so dark and zombie could jump from any corner...

18. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It wasnt scary because Alyx is with you....

19. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    ...Alyx won't help you in she won't see the zombies and your flashlight tends too end in the most unsuitable moment.

20. trolman

trolman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its not about helping,its about presance.The olnly scary part is when you gotta separate for a little,then its not that scary.