• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scariest games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
With Halloween coming around in about a month; I would like to know what you think the most scariest video games are? Give me a list and some short descriptions; you can rank them in order if you want. They don't necessarily have to have scared you, but at least made you jump a few times.

In the mean time I'll be trying to come up with my own list.

Level 12
I watched my friend play Fear and he was freaking out a bunch (like jumping up when something scared him). I personally didn't think it was that scary, just really gory. Diablo 1 gave me the most chills of any game ever. I say the Butcher has the scariest voice ever! AAAAAH FRESH MEAT!

Level 15
Sims

every time i see it, i jump and run away in fear =)))

Apart from kidding, it's Diablo and Left 4 Dead (from what i've played)

Level 6
Diablo didn't scare me, but the music was a bit creepy. Clock Tower two and Silent Hill 1 and 4 freaked me out a little. I haven't played the other 2 SH games yet. I heard Fatal Frame is freaky; never played it, but I'm considering it. None of the resident evil games really gave me the chills, although they did make me jump a few times.

Level 4
Ok, go to game stop right now and buy Condemed : Criminal Origins and Condemed 2: Bloodshot!

Not rly well known, but got awesome freaky reviews from Game Informer

I'm hard to scare but the first time you play, unless ur fearless bring a nightlight and have mom check ur closet for phsyopathic murderers and walking mannequins

SH is mentally fucking

RE 1 was scary, but after that it was only rly ZOMBEH RUSH!!!!!!

Never played Fatal Frame or Fear, but saw gameplay footage, Fear is gory and mentally fucking at the same time

Bioshock is so screwed up ull end up sitting in and encclosed room in 5 years crafting horned goblins from newspaper whispering 'soon... we.... feast....'

Diablo is suspensful, i have the first but dont have 2 or 3 so i can only say... YES THE MUSIC IS SO FREAKY IN IN DIABLO ONE!

my analysis from Orc the horror guy (dun dun duuuuun)

Level 6
I'll put Condemned and Fatal Frame on my list for Halloween.

Concerning the music in Diablo; what made the music creepy is when you would suddenly hear children crying "no, no" as part of the background music. It happened randomly. Other than that the game wasn't really scary at all. I thought I would be a bit freaked out when I would first see Diablo coming at me, but I wasn't. Diablo 2 wasn't scary at all, well let me take that back. I was always a bit nervous to go into the maggot lair because I hate bugs. They're disgusting. Thats the only thing though.

Level 15
concerning music:
Naxrammas in WoW - it's chilling to hear those children/women screams that echo through the dungeon often.

Level 4
Yes... i hated walking down the stairs and see the butcher bodies of women and children then hearing the butcher come at me and then the kids screams and that evil llaughter

Level 12
Anyone remember that Resident Evil game where you were surrounded by over 100 zombies coming from different directions, then you had to run into an ally, open the door frantically, then shut it behind you? (Somehow the zombies didn't bash the door open)

Imagine 100 zombies chowing down on 1 human. I think that's pretty scary. Or it could be the zombie rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.