• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Silent Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
NOTE: Years after the names are the years when I played those games.
Silent Hill 1 (1999):
Back in the days of PS1, while i was like 9 years old, in my dad's former Gaming Caffe, an interesting game showed up. Yeah, you guessed it. It was Silent Hill. I saw noone was playing it, and I liked playing new games. My dad didn't know what was the game like, and het let me play it. He probably missed the 17+ sign.
So I began playing it. After 15 minutes i stopped. Why?
1. HORRIBLE CONTROLS.
Yeah, this was always the bad point of Silent Hill. Everything was so... slow. I trashed the joystick off to cross the street.

2. OPEN WORLD.
I really don't like Open-world games. Not even Oblivion. Only GTA. But in Silent Hill, it was really unnecessary. I mean, open world in a Horror Game. Sheesh.

3. THOSE GODDAMN RIDDLES.
You know what am I talking about.

4. Last, but certainly not least...
SCARY AS HELL!
Fear was always part of Silent Hill series. There were no "sudden jump of the chair" moments, but the atmosphere and deformed monsters that look like Oprah Winfrey's fetus (;-DDD i wrote this only because they blam her in lot of TV shows ;-DDD) were scary in the true meaning of that word.

Silent Hill 2:
Never played it...

Silent Hill 3 (2008):
It's funny how I got this game. During a class in the Highschool, my friend looked out of the window and told me: "Hey, look at that." On the window wall, there was a CD labelled "Silent Hill 3". I was like "YAHOOO!", because, I mean, we got us a free game. :xxd: I installed it, and, after completing it, I have to say: Without doubt the scariest Silent Hill game ever. Even more deformed bodies, darker story, scarier atmosphere and "OMGWTF" moments. Just plain awesome. It was kinda hard, because the riddles were complicated, but not like Silent Hill 1. Recommended for Silent Hill fans.

Silent Hill 4 (2007)
Meh... Not too good as the others... Nothing more...

Others I haven't played.

Level 6
Liked 1 and 4 SH,want to play 5th,but don't have time=(
The only REALLY scary moment for me in 4th SH was when you enter the room and there is a BIG head of woman (don't remember the name),and her eyes follow the player)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.