• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scariest Game Moments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Silent Hill 3 - when you travel around the haunted mansion a hanging body drops down in front of you.
Half-Life - Headcrabs jumping on my face. Snarks chasing me.
Silent Hill 4 - Two headed baby monsters appear in the Water Prison. Hugeass woman head in the Hospital
Silent Hill 2 - Pyramid Head obviously.
Silent Hill - Corpse falls from a locker holding a key.
Silent Hill: Homecoming - Pendulum headed things appear behind me everytime i solve a puzzle in my home.
Resident Evil 4 - Regenerators 0.0
Resident Evil 3, 2, 1 - ZOMBIES

Level 13
The flood from Halo 2, during the dark moments of "High Charity". They freaked me out so badly.

Level 17
Bioshock, at night, by myself, with the lights turned off and surround sound. One of the greatest atmospheres ever constructed in a video game.
Just hearing the splicers mumble incoherently as their shadows slowly creep up behind you. There was one moment, that I don't think is scripted but I guess it happens to a lot of people, when you look down at a table to rifle through it, and when you look up there is a shadow standing right next to yours and when you turn to look at it you see the blood-stained distorted face of a splicer twisted in agony and ready to bite your nose off.

But then of course it all kind of wears thin once you start blasting away.

Also, FUCKING RAVENHOLME. I hate that place so much. The first few levels in FEAR were pretty freaky, just because I hadn't heard of the game before and I wasn't sure what to expect.

Level 9
Friend got orange box right when it came out. Played through half life two right up to the part where he was standing outside of ravenholm. After seeing the severed legs hanging from a nearby tree, he put his controller down, and walked away. Not sure if he ever finished hl2

Level 27
Yeah i really wanted to get out of that place ASAP.

Games fail to scare me now, although a monster in metro 2033 suddenly ran away from a corner right in front of me, I didn't expect that lol.

Dead Space was scary sure, but it didn't freak me out or anything. Havent finished it btw, damn regenerating mutant...

Level 18
Oh yeah ravenholm,that place wasnt so scary.....or maybe it was beause mah half life 2 version was broken and everytime i loaded a game,the AI got dissabled.But once you learn how to deal with the Fast Zombies the level gets easy,you just wait on the roof and watch them climb,then shoot them in the head.
Simple.

Level 18
Oh, I LOVED those buzz-saw things you could gravity gun around!!! And the paint cans, too. That made the level worth playing.

The wierd part about the saws was that some of them were thrown at the zombies cutting them a part,and the olnly one who could do that is gordon because he has the GG,so i guess Father Gorgie is an olimpic champion in disk throwing D:

Level 3
Yep Theif deadly shadows did it for me, the part where you have to venture into the ship and fight the zombies

I loved that part

I think very scary was Stalker Shadow of .... when your in some labs and there are these bloodsuckers and the pseudo giants ...

Level 13
Battle for Middle-Earth 2:

Join random server with random map.
Host says "this is my map! it is balanced"
Game Starts
I build a few mines
Send scout North
See Host approaching my base with Sauron.

That's my scariest game moment ever.

Level 9
I'd have to say that trying to escape the motel in Call of Cthulhu was really creepy, especially because they freaking murdered you if you screwed up only a little bit.

That, and recovering the Necronomicon-type book in the F3 Point Lookout DLC.

Last edited:
Level 5
Doom 3 has to be my all-time favourite scare-fest.

5.1 surround sound headphones. 21" flatscreen monitor. 3am playing session... I remember one cutscene when you go into a bathroom, and see your reflection in the mirror and it plays a really freaky noise and zooms in to what you see... Hell that game still makes me shiver just thinking about it...

Sadly, it did get a bit repetitive after a while... but as soon as you fell into the trap of thinking it was repetitive, a zombie falls out of a vent in a darkened room and you need to pause and change your pants!

Level 11
Definitely Doom 3 at night on the first level, u run around with a flash light and random zombies and demons come from no where, and i mean no where and ur just like WTF!!!!, truly scary game... didnt wanna play it ne more :p hehe

Level 5
There's a game called "Run Like Hell" or "R.L.H." I remember watching my dad play this game. I've never wanted to piss myself so badly in all my life. I remember loading his save once, he'd already cleared most of the level but every time I went into a room I ran back out because I thought something was about to come rip my intestines out and eat them. The one thing in all games that always scares the shit out of me is when it's aliens and they have infestations and growths all over the walls and stuff - That just freaks me out to know the walls around me are alive. Also, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, inside Jabbu Jabbu scared the piss out of me too. Can't stand going inside living things.

Level 9
Oh yeah, Run Like Hell was pretty sweet. The twist ending may have been ripped off in Dead Space, though... Oh, and funny fact, Breaking Benjamin (Blow Me Away from Halo 2) made some of the music for RLH. It was actually a pretty creepy game too, especially with the Elites.

Level 5
Yeah, I still remember near the beginning running away from an Elite in the hallway, having to jump over and crouch under stuff. Or at least I think that was an elite.

Level 9
The elites were those mutated humans, I think, with like their heads in their chest or something. It's been awhile now, actually...

Level 9
No, wrong game, mate. I know exactly what you're talking about, having played all of the Halo games thoroughly, but this is another game entirely. More of a precursor to Dead Space, not an ancient alien parasite. The head part (in RLH) is because the mutation twists their bodies all about.

Level 11
I would consider CarnEvil a pretty scary, freaky game... but also pretty hilarious... but i think Doom 3 takes the cake for me as the scariest game by far.

Level 10
only game i have ever found scary is halo: combat evolved, those goddarned zombies or slugs or whatever keeps appearing everywhere, and when you think you have got them all, and you are gonna go back to the door, the biggest one you have ever seen just stands there and looks stupid. mix it with some scary music and 12 at night and you got it

Level 17
Who posted here? Why isn't my subscription going away on my User CP when I click on newest post?

Anyways, scariest game moment was when you first go inside in Bioshock after the plane crashed. I don't know why, it was pitch black in my room and I was by myself in the whole house and I had just read a bunch of user reviews about how shit jumps at you all the time in Bioshock so I was expecting something along those lines to happen.

Of course I tackled the rest of the game with ease, and when I replay I go through this part no problem. I dunno, just that first time scared me something fierce.

Level 17
Did you just provide a counterargument to your own statement?
Anyways, yeah. After the beginning once you get some weapons and powers the rest of the game is pretty timid.

Status
Not open for further replies.