1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Scariest Game Moments?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Hub' started by wereguy2, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Need_O2

Need_O2

Resources:
    Resources:
    TDB: you fail

2. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    TDB's avatar .. THAT is creepy. But it's not a game! (Aint we lucky?)

3. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    What if I tell you that real life is a game? I want to gut you and use your blood as syrup for my pancakes. Yaaaaay.

But seriously, did you guys ever played that old Clock Tower game? Scary.

4. TheDarkGiganotosaur

TheDarkGiganotosaur

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting thread... Well, here's what I think about some scary parts in the games that I can remember.

Dino Crisis - In certain dark areas, Velociraptors, and sometimes the T-Rex quickly ambush the player.

Dino Crisis 2 - Well, there aren't many dark areas, but while underwater, plenty of Mosasaurs, and later a Plesiosaurus creep in. And much later, another version of me (The Giganotosaurus, obviously.) savagely kills the T-Rex and goes after the player at the Missile Silo Site.

Dino Crisis 3 - I wish I could've played that game, but genetically modified dinosaurs sound creepy. You'll probably notice that the one in my avatar (For now.) is a Cebalrai (A genetically modified three-headed Giganotosaur.) (But I only have one head and that's enough, thank you.)

Doom 3 - Yep, scary too. Zombies, demons, evil robotic creatures, all of them -- I think the creepiest thing would be Dr. Betruger (Creepy laughters, especially low pitched voice.), who will later morph into a giant gargoyle-like demon (Which must be put down in the Resurrection of Evil Expansion Pack.).

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of Earth - Now this game is deliciously scary. Besides the Innsmouth citizens going after the player with knifes and guns, the slimy creature (Shoggoth.) in the Marsh's Refinery who goes after the player at an alarming speed! Also Dagon, Hydra and the floating Poly-thingy. I wonder if this game has a continued version, because the only one left to witness is Cthulhu.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  5. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Starcraft, the movie when two terrans hit a zerg.. (I was six)
    Stalker: Ah.. I hear something that I need to meet but I don't know what it is..
    Hl1, it's creepy.

6. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ooo, yeah hat reminds me, Im also ascareded on Ravenholm!

7. Total_Warrior

Total_Warrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    when i played JAWS the game not the NES old game the one for PS2 and the original XBOX looking at the sharks nouth eating someone and scary levels scared the hell out of me so i turn the volume all the way down...

8. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Rofl, a Jaws game would be more funny than scary :p

9. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Silent Hill 3
    Almost shitting my pants just by playing it at any part, but the amusement park... And the horror house there.... 'Nuff said :p

10. Super-Sheep

Super-Sheep

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lol Dino Crisi! I played demo of that on PS1. Was kinda scary indeed. :D

11. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For some strange reason, I do not scared those scary games whenever I switch on cheats. Probably because the only thing I afraid of was to game over.. XD

12. Light_Kira

Light_Kira

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't ever recall being truly scared by a game. Maybe disturbed or disgusted, but not necessarily scared. Here are all the allegedly scary games I have played:

- Resident Evil 4 (despite what everyone seems to say, this game was not scary at all. Disturbing or surprising at some moments, but not scary. There is a big difference)

- Bioshock (not all that many people say this game was scary, but I picked up more of a scary vibe from it then RE. Despite the game feeling more scary, I wasn't actually scared)

I know I'm missing something, but thats all I can think of right now. The problem with scary games is that developers need to realise the difference between being scary and being surprising. Something that is surprising is, walking down a quiet corridor, and suddenly an loud explosion comes out right in front of you. That will certainly get your heart rate up, but that definitely is not scary. Being truly scary takes a lot more effort. I think the older RE games knew how to be truly scary, but they look way too dated to take seriously anymore.

13. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I guess the only reason people get scared of games is because they are immersed in them, and if nothing can hurt you... Well that kills the immersion aspect and, if my theory is correct, the fear

14. Darkyvm

Darkyvm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Gears of War 1, the part where the first berserker appears.
    Seriously, after watching the cutscene where the poor unknown guy gets slaughtered by the berserker, I took about 2 minutes to reach the part where it started the chase, I was looking around every freaking corner, ready to fire every single weapon I had... oh, and run like hell.

15. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yep Theif deadly shadows did it for me, the part where you have to venture into the ship and fight the zombies, I have an unatural fear of zombies or anything zombie related so I had to uninstall the game after that lol.

Theres been afew times whilst I've been playing oblivion that realy scared me but nothing like Theif, there was one bit in Oblivion where this vampire was just staring at me, it was way creepier than all the other times where they usualy just run at me with their knife out.

16. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Final Fantasy 9, Iifa Tree. :D

17. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't know why, but Condemned 2 was the only game that every really scared me, and that was only when i played it in the basement, in the dark, at night, and i'm home alone.

18. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    With the mannequins :shiver:

19. Klipso

Klipso

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    my scariest gamming moment was when i found out my little brother deleted my Yoshi's Island file on my Super Nintendo

20. Deathcom3s

Deathcom3s

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The Horror! I loved playing Yoshi's Island for the Super Nintendo, good times...