• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scariest Game Moments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
TIME TO MAKE UP SOMETHING SCARY... lol... but rly, i can think of something... There you where, awake, just waiting for something to happen in bed, you turn on the T.V cause you have nothing to do. Then the screen turn pitch black and you feel a presents right behind you. You do not turn around, for you are stuck-frozen in time and space, just sitting there, the screen turns to gray, alowing you to see behind you, like a mirror. It shows a little girl behind you. It then says something hacks off your head- the little girl with a knife. You turn around as fast as you can, swinging your had so that wont happen. You just smack your hand in to the wall. You turn to the T.V, but the girl is right there, waiting by the door. She has the knife in her hand and walks really slowly tword you. You just wait there for something to happen. Then she comes to you and you go to here and try to punch, but she just dissapears. You think it was fake, but your guts are telling you it is true, you man up enough to go back to the bed. You turn to the T.V and it turns pitch black again. You feel her behind you again, shes playing with you-messing with your mind... You do nothing but wait... for your head... you wait... LOL JK my scariest moment is just turning the corner and a zombie is right there XD lmao

Level 17
That did GoW too, and Halo, and DotA, and (...)

Not true, and you comment on it like it's a bad thing. First off;

Gears of war 2 refined everything Gears of war was (Except the multiplayer game list, replaced by a shitty matchmaking system), graphics, gameplay, scope, and it even added a story (some what) this time around.

While it's true that F.E.A.R 2 can be said as to have done these things, it did them very poorly. The story was worse this time around, the graphics were only slightly better, and kind of low by today's standards (in competition with other big name titles), and gameplay remained exactly the same, save a few vehicle sections.

Halo 3 is exempt from both cases. It refined, and added much much more. A replay function, a map editor, 4 player co-op, larger multiplayer possibilities (Larger maps, more flexible game mods for more user created contents)

Add that to the already addictive-as-fuck and you have a different game, for the better, while remaining the same at the core.

In conclusion:

Halo 3 > Gears of war 2 > FEAR 2

(Both were awesome though, and FEAR 2 was decent.)

Level 10
Silent Hill is fucking disgusting.
But when you cheat in games, it suddenly isn't near the level of scariness it is when you're not cheating. I could barely play Doom 3 alone without cheats, but then I turned on god mode and ran with the chainsaw through the whole game. Being immortal makes you feel safe, in real life too. At least for me. :3

Level 12
I remember playing AvP2 in the dark. The hallways that blinked were always scary, with the aliens running all over the walls and ceilings, and the radar beeps betting closer and closer.

AVP2
the first few levels :| of the human campaign
theres no one near you, lights flickering, then the motion sensor beaps closer and closer then stops X| but no ones there....

oh and lots of dead bodies in the flickering corridors.

the human campaign is the worst
your a target you dont have lazorz or acid bl00d :p

Most music in Blood (an FPS game for MS-DOS) have a very tension-esque theme making them scary.
It's sequel for Windows 95/98 have some tension music as well, but they're not as scary as the music in the first game.

And the Lost Souls in Doom are very good at surprising you very well. They'll fly towards you in a great speed.

The silent tension moments in Doom III freaked me out often and you'll hear some banging noises that makes you jump.

And F.E.A.R. .....well many moments made me shit bricks.

Level 1
Scariest moment for me as a kid was Resident Evil 1 when the first zombie appeared and you heard it moaning as it inched towards you trying to eat you...first time a game was so well done, and took full advantage of PS1 graphics.

Level 7
When I played Resident Evil 3 in the dark when I was 4. Whenever Nemesis came out, I screamed, turned off the game, and then turned it back on, and start all over again.

Level 8
I never really played any horror game at all.. especially FirstPS/ThirdPS.
Well and then I took my hands on Dead Space :S
Even though I had watched tons of gameplay videos I could barely play it at all in the beginning. After the first 5mins of playing I actually had to quit for a while :D

Edit: Ahh and I played with low sounds because they increase the scariness a lot :D

Level 7
Resident Evil 5. there are some enemys, like the chainsaw dude, or some big instenct thing that can kill you if they catch you, and they are extremly annoying and frostreting.

also, there is a game i dont think i remember his name, something with zombies on a ship. you walk around, see corpses here and there, you see one floating in the water, just next to the door you need to go to, i even shoot it once to make sure its dead, then when you go nearby it it just jumps at you (but stays dead). its pretty surprising XD

Level 6
Silent Hill 4, the room. I randomly woke up on the wrong side of the bed after the dream. I walk to the closet and for some reason I decide to turn around and look out the window. I see a mask falling. Then I turn back around and see the shadow of that one boy in the closet. I turn back around and there is nobody there. Freaky.

Resident Evil 2. I was 7 when I was watching my brother play this. It's the part where your walking down the hall in the police station(I believe) and you see a blood puddle on the floor. You walk up to it and blood starts dripping from the ceiling and you look up to see a lurker ready to rip your head right off.

Silent Hill. Just walking through that school with all those ghost children freaked me out.

Clock Tower 2 or 3 I think. Again, I was really young and watching my older brother play this game. The part where you walk up to the cupboard in the kitchen and suddenly the psycho girl pushes open its doors from the inside and starts throwing plates and glasses at you.

Deadspace
. The beginning is freaky. I hated it when I got separated from the rest of the group and had to run from those twisted monsters. The camera angles bugged me too much, so I stopped playing.

Level 4
Ok scariest moment has to be in res evil 1, when the 2 mutant dogs crash thru windows in the narrow hallway

Condemed when u come across the freaky mannequins

and omfg.... silent hill when u first see pyramid head... btw whats the backstory on him? (i only saw game footage)

Level 18
Stalker:clear sky

The scarrest moment i've had was in stalker when you meet the bloodsucker for the first time in streloks hideout bunker.So ok the first time i met him was like this:walking down the empty coridor fulled with radiation,then i went into a bigger room and then i saw him....first time i was like "WTF Nude bandit?Oh well time to die"so i started shooting at him with that AK type of weapon and when he saw me he shouted and went invisible and i was like "Wtf what is that blury pice of shit coming this way?!?!?"So i started shoting at it but i was to late and he pwned me.Also the first time i met that ghost (stalker again) i was like "This game is so shitin scary :cry: " and 2 mins after that when i realised that those lightning balls were the ghosts i was like"COME HERE BATMAN AND ROBIN,COME SO I CAN SHUB MY PISTOL UP YOUR ASS
And yeah im pritty brave. (no im not i just dont play horor games :ned: )

Level 4
Perfect Dark (old school) on the last level when those fugly aliens were cloaked and just appeared right infront of you.

World of warcraft moment (yes this actually scared me) in the Eye of Eternity Heroic raid, Malygos landed on me and took my whole screen up.

Carnivore - Old Dinosaur hunting pc game - when I turned around and big bad T-rex was like "Hi".

Status
Not open for further replies.