• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[rp] 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
This will be a good place to rest
*Said Kari to himself as he drove down to the valley. He stopped at the dry remains of a forest, to collect some sticks, and put them in a pile. They were dry, and they burned well, but the winter didn't leave much back, and Kari hasn't warmed his bones in weeks.
He created the fireplace at the pitch of the valley, and leaned his motorbike to the huge rock nearby.
He opened his backpack, and started warming a bean conserve. The happy flames of the little fire brought warm memories to the surface. Kari started to croon an old note he heard once*

They build the fireplace
But it always burn down
There is no love
that doesn't burn out.

Level 13
* David is very cold and he is going to climb a tree to see where he has to go. While he was going to step on a branch, it broke, he nearly fell, but he got to the top. He did not see anything but trees and a mountain. He felt very depressed, he was hungry as well. He gathered some branches and tried to make a fire, the moment he made it the wind blew it off. He tried this again and he got a fireplace. He got a bit warm but he was still hungry. *

Level 18
(( Allright fine. I'll stop this wooey dooey. And let's see here, David, why do you speak in a.. Wait, I don't even know in what tense you're telling this thing. It's really confusing.
And why is there a wrench that breaks in the tree? Oh well... ))

*After hours of observing the cloaked figure. Ira started to slowly approach him. Calmly and cautiously from one hide to another.

Level 14
*The sun was noticeable finally, but without any direction to follow, Ivan just walked towards it. Not so eager to give up, he continued until arriving to what he believed was the remnants of some wasted town. Although his attempts of calling up his brother loudly were futile, staying in there didn't seem like a bad idea at all for him.*

Level 14
*The sun already set down, as he finished eating, and started polishing Ikarus. The bike got dirty by the old, dusty roads every day, and the engines needed much cleaning every day. Suddenly he noticed two eyes glowing in the dusk. And not far away, but in the bush right in front of him.
Kari felt his heart moving towards his throat.
He didnt want to fight him, but the animal must have smelled the food. The desperate animals can be quite aggressive, especially when they are mutated.
He slowly put down the rag in his hand, to pick up a knife.*

Level 14
You must be crazy! I barely have enough food for myself.
*Lowers the knife, but doesnt put it down. You never know when they lie*
Well, we could work something out, if you would help me.
*Looks at the dog.* But i dont sleep when that thing is near!

Level 30
((Ok, thanks and I hope I am not yet too late to join the fun here...))

*Ken wanders the abandoned desertlands in search of food or anything that can be useful. But after some hours, he didnt find anything and decided to rest*

Hmm... this search is making me tired... I would not risk myself by traveling further... maybe I should take a rest.

*So Ken got into a nearby tree and slept near to it*

Level 14
*Looks deeply in the stranger's eyes. He cant find anything to hide*
Well then! Come, gather around the fire let me tell you!
*He mustn't sleep too deep tonight*
Oh how mean I am, i didnt introduce myself. My name is Kari. I'm traveling.
*Waits if the stranger sits down. His goods are on this side of the fire, and the stranger is on the other side. Nothing bad can happen.*
About the help. *Points at the motorbike* See, this beauty is my only savior on the road. But it needs gas to keep the engines running. There is a Gas station half day from here, its abandoned for years. I searched the place, and i found a big gas container, probably full of gas. But the cover is really heavy. I cant open it alone. I need your help with that, and then we go our separate ways. I give you some food so you wont starve to death, but that's it. I dont want anybody to slow me down.
*Looks at the stranger, but always keeps half of his eyes on the dog.*

Level 23
(( Coz of the name, my character is now female but most of my char biography is the same. You guys just have to ignore all of the He's and his' in my bio. :p))
*One day, during her daily hunt for food, something in the ruins of a city (a new one she found during her travels) caught her eyes. It's someone she's supposed to know and it's just lying right infront of her. As she approaches the person, she begins to realize that she's too late. He felt important but it doesn't matter now as he's dead. She searches the semi-frozen semi-rotting body and finds a book full of text written in weird symbols she could not read. She puts it in her little sack thinking she could find a decoder or sumthing somewhere else.*

*As she walked towards her little camp, she noticed another person lying on a nearby tree then she mumbled to herself*

God.. Not another dead guy..

*She then approached the person not being cautious*

((Edited the ending of my bio a little.. XP... and oh, are we still gonna do some contest? I really like to have some contest with this post-apocalyptic theme.. :3))

Level 13
I feel warm already, thank you.

* Gets his hand away from the knife *

I came here from a city with a gas station, I just had a bottle and I filled it with gas. I risked my life to get it because maybe I might find something that works on gas.

* Throws the bottle at Kari *

I am David, and in this time we shouldn't fight neither split, this is the time that we must work together to survive. My dog can hunt, but we are unlucky right now. And yes I will help you.

Level 14
Well, thanks for the bottle, its great help. The show of trust. But sadly, i need more. If you are willing to help, i want to get a full tank at least.
*Kari finally lays the knife on the ground. He might be a nice guy among the others.*
We must sleep, the road will be long tomorrow. Here is some food, and a blanket to keep you warm in the evening. The nights are cold, and you lack of some comfort a long time ago as i see.
*If he sleeps deep, he wont wake up in the middle of the night to do some stupid things*
I must finish the work now, if you are okay.
*Turns away from the fire, to continue polishing. Still watches the dog from the corner of his eye.*

Level 30
*Ken was sleeping near the tree but a bad dream awoke him.... a dream about the past events where in his very eyes he saw his parents died. Because of this, Ken suddenly wake up and thinking of what does that dream meant*

That was a weird dream..... err.... damn it! I dont wanna ever dream about that...again... Well, I must go back on searching for food, I am getting hungry now.

*And so Ken resumes on searching for food that will fill up his stomach.*

Level 14
"Chaaarrrrrrrr! Charrrrrrrr!" *The frightening noise delved into his bones. He always hated gene-mutated birds. Their beaks grown strong, and they wasn't afraid of fire, or noises. They often attacked Kari on the road, but if he managed to catch one, their meat was stomach friendly.
Kari sat up in his doss. The birds will sense him, and they will try to steal his food. He cant fall back to sleep. Fortunately the dawn was near. The birds don't like the light.*
I have to keep my eyes open.
*Kari looked at David's direction...*

Level 23
*Hera was startled when the person stood up and walked away. She's having trouble judging if the person is a friendly or not and he didn't seem to notice her so she decided to follow him cautiously while hidden in the bushes.*

I haven't seen something close to a human for awhile.. He could be a useful slave (..err.. alright.. ally) or a terrible enemy.

Level 14
Well, once I ate a mutated bird, it wasn't delicious, but it saved me from starvation. If you can get one, we got one more day to live. They will come closer real soon.
*Kari stands up, puts on his hood, and ties the scarf over his face.*
But be careful. They are really aggressive.

Level 14
Wait a second! *Said Kari, during reaching into his backpack* Take this, if you can use it!
*Throws a sling-shot to David, an old, used one.* Good luck!
*After David disappeared, Kari silently climbed to a nearby rock, to see what David does. He could follow his movement in the bushes for a while, but after it became quiet, and the only noise breaking the silence was some bird screams from time to time.* "Charrrrr"
*Kari climbed down from the rock. David really seems a nice guy after all.*
I wonder how he survived all this long, and keep being nice. *Noone answered to the mute question, only the hound growled from the steaming remains of the fireplace.*
I better start building a fire..

Level 13
* David found some sharp rocks and hit a bird, the bird fell and David got it in his hands *

Hmm I wonder, these birds seem dangerous but can I get more ? One can't be enough...

* David saw something on the tree, he climbed it and saw eggs, he took all of them and came back to the little camp *

I got a bird and a few eggs, this can be enough I believe. Thanks for the slingshot it really helped!

* Hands the slingshot back to Kari *

Level 13
* Sits by the fire with Jena in his hands *

I'll be honest, I got scared a bit when I saw the freaking size of these birds... I got one with the slingshot, it fell and I killed it with my knife. I saw something on that big three and I climbed the tree. The view was good also, I saw you making fire from there. I saw a few eggs and I took them. Also I saw some fruits on the other trees. This is the first time I see fruits this year, they were red, and it's getting night already ? What ?

Level 14
What!? Oh no! This is not night. The sun has barely risen. This must be something else.
*He looks at the darkening sky worried. What the hell is that*
I'm not sure.. But it is coming so fast! We should find some shelter right now!
*Half of the sky is now covered with evil darkness! Starts packing his bag as fast as he can..*

Level 14
*Kari fills his backpack with the last things he find around him.*

I wont make it in time!

*He picks up Ikarus from the ground, and starts the engine. It is barely working*

Oh no! No! no no! Its not working, i forgot to put back some valves!

*The panic slowly gets him. He cant shock now. The darkness is coming.*

Give me a hand here! We need to get Ikarus to safety.

*Starts pushing the motorbike. The darkness is coming too fast, it is covering the sun. Kari looks up to the sky, and what he sees frightens him even more.*

The birds! They are escaping. David we need to get a shelter right now, because we cant outrun the darkness!

Status
Not open for further replies.