• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 15
Not yet. I don't want to post a date and later have to tell you, it's wrong.
But I'd say it will be released within one month, maybe earlier but I'm sure not later.
Can't tell when exactly Chapter Eleven will be released for the demo, but most of it is already done.

It is not that hard to go 1 page back...

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
My "masterpiece" has proven to be too easy. I'll have to do the same thing I did for Chapter Nine but the other way around - the first unreleased version of Chapter Nine not even played by Kasrkin was too easy.
I already know how to change this since Chapter Elven used to be harder before. I'll prepare the "nightmare mode" for Chapter Eleven.

This also means that the release will be delayed a bit. But I have to do this in order to offer you the quality I want the campaign to have.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Sorry guys. :/

*Quickly builds a bunker and hides in it.*

*Is totally not scared.*

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
This also means that the release will be delayed a bit.
I must have read wrong.

tumblr_m1rpa43mBj1qh9mnoo1_500.gif

good thing you had a bunker nearby

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Here it is:

Version 0.90 released

Chapter Six:
- Dialogue fixes

Chapter Seven:
- Dialogue fixes

Chapter Eight B:
- Dialogue fixes

Chapter Ten:
- Cache fix

Secret Chapter:
- Dialogue fixes

Chapter Eleven:
- Completed Chapter Eleven

Since you all were so inpatient, I didn't test the cinematics. :p
Gameplay has been tested.

Have fun!

Only one map, the Epilogue, left and we're done with the First Human Book. :)

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Heh, spoilers?

:p

By the way Theoden how did you do for chapter eleven, what did you think of the difficulty? I'm trying to get Shar to increase the difficulty greatly.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Started to play it. Made my review, but I am only at chapter 5, so I might add things as I play through it tomorrow.

Map Name: The Legends of Arkain
Version: 0.1
Author: Shar Dundred

Terrain[r]
Way too simple in my opinion. But you don't even use you stuff like flowers, bushes, rocks, mushrooms to decorate. Right now it's only trees and units.
2/5

Gameplay[r]
Gameplay is very straight forward and simple. Kill everything that moves basically. I feel a lack of flashyness over all, no custom spells for example.
3/5

Story[r]
This is by far the best part of the campaign. The story is fairly good and entertaining with good grammar, which is something I highly value.

However I really want to speak up against one thing that you're doing. You got like.. 6 main characters. It's super confusing. 3 is a absolute max. Not to mention that it's raining generals everywhere, it's kinda overkill.

After finishing the campaign I also noticed that Aedale is a giant bitch. She annoyed me 10/10 times before she got corrupted. I like those half evil characters so after the corruption I love her, but before that.. oh god, Jaina 2.0.

The last point I will bring up is how you build up your characters. To me, every single character is a knight in shining armor. Sure there were betrayals, but they are not explained one single bit. They are like.. "Oh he oppose us. Let's kill him.".
You need something unique for each character that defines them as a person. Examples: Blen will take every single chance he gets to slaughter orcs, he straight out hates them. Meanwhile Salana is extremely rude towards anyone that isn't of her own kin.
4/5

Uniqueness[r]
Hard to judge this one since I have not finished it yet. But it's basically a crusade against the burning legion. It might change once the other books are completede though.

After finishing it my opinion has not exactly changed, since the campaign exist of many books it isn't over yet. I think it will start to become a little more unique once Aedale starts to move around.
3/5

Overall[r]
Overall a pretty entertaining campaign. So overall these are the things I think you need to work on.

-spend more time on the terrain, you can keep the basic wc3 style, but you still need more details on the terrain.
-add some flashy stuff the map is kinda dull in its current state
-make the characters unique
3/5

Bugs[r]
didn't find anything more than a few spelling mistakes.

Reviewed by:

Chaosy

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@Theoden: I know what KoMe means. Research, you know. ;)
You played the Gardon way, right? Will send you the knights' short story here.

@Kasrkin: Find these grammar issues before complaining about the difficulty again. Have fun with Five and Nine. :p

@Chaosy: Thanks for the review. Gonna reply to that later. Feel free to complete the rest as well. ;)

Level 5
@shar well i'm with Gardon's side atm.It's more like got i love a character at first till he dies or becomes a d!ck and the n i say "go to hell" and i go with another :p

So far i support him causr Gathenas' story is the bad part so far cause only him survived the void war.On the other hand the lore of Gardon is like a punch in the water.....No clue to be honest for this but the clues so far point to Gardon to be the good guy.

@Karskin well i played it first on whosyourdaddy mod so i can see what happeneds at the end .....the bitter trueth is that there is no outro so far *dam im too bad spoiler *
I played it in normal mod and i realized that with the control of Karskins its easy to normal to achieve victory at this map.I had only one problem:the enamy Al were more active than the allied one but i didn't really cared cause i was on the move all the time :p

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@kakuzu: Yeah. I'll just add some stuff to the final chapter and it's done.

@~Nightmare: Thanks!

@Theoden: I sent you the Knights of Kome quest.

The outro of the last mission is IN the mission but because of a bug, it won't trigger.
The allied forces under your control will be replaced by an AI since they make the mission too easy.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@Theoden: Fixing that.

@kakuzu: Right.

@wolffman and Sclammerz: Okay, now stop that popcorn thing. :p

@Chaosy: I'm not going to argue with you about your rating, but now I want to say some stuff - no offense in any of this, just discussing a bit.

Terrain
Way too simple in my opinion. But you don't even use you stuff like flowers, bushes, rocks, mushrooms to decorate. Right now it's only trees and units.

Although I didn't expect getting many points on terrain, I have to say that I can't completely agree with that. I DID add stuff like flowers, bushes, rocks etc to decorate. Maybe not many of them, but I don't like the whole terrain being filled with stuff just for the sake of being filled with something. It's just as unnatural as complete empty terrain. But I do get, what you mean.

Story
This is by far the best part of the campaign. The story is fairly good and entertaining with good grammar, which is something I highly value.

Thanks. Probs to Kasrkin who helped me removing many spelling mistakes.

After finishing the campaign I also noticed that Aedale is a giant bitch. She annoyed me 10/10 times before she got corrupted. I like those half evil characters so after the corruption I love her, but before that.. oh god, Jaina 2.0.

No surprise here. It's the artifacts that are manipulating her in Chapters Six and Ten. Everything is herself. She is the character whose personality the player can affect strongest.

The last point I will bring up is how you build up your characters. To me, every single character is a knight in shining armor. Sure there were betrayals, but they are not explained one single bit. They are like.. "Oh he oppose us. Let's kill him.".
You need something unique for each character that defines them as a person. Examples: Blen will take every single chance he gets to slaughter orcs, he straight out hates them. Meanwhile Salana is extremely rude towards anyone that isn't of her own kin.

I know what you're saying. I'll see what I can do about that, but the First Books mostly serve as an entrance to the world and first story stuff.
Major spoiler ahead
Gardon, for example, will play a much more important role in the Second Human Book where you'll see more of his personality
I get what you're saying here, but I have to ask this:

To me, every single character is a knight in shining armor.

Did I miss sometihng? o.o Who is the knight in shining armor?
Blen? He orders his men to slaughter a whole Orc clan - including women and children.
Gardon? He may act nice towards Salana but he's just hiding his true, cruel attitude. Of course, he serves the Empire and all but he's a bastard.

Overall
Overall a pretty entertaining campaign. So overall these are the things I think you need to work on.

-spend more time on the terrain, you can keep the basic wc3 style, but you still need more details on the terrain.
-add some flashy stuff the map is kinda dull in its current state
-make the characters unique

Spending more time on the terrain? But... ack, damnit.
Will see what I can do about the rest.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@terrain
Well it might be true that spamming objects is unreal too. But I noticed you did fine terrain in one chapter. It was chapter 5 I think, there was grass and flowers everywhere. It looked so much better.

@story
A knight in shining armor tends to be the typical hero that saves the world person.

Everyone is nice guys, no insults what so ever, no personal grudges, they fight for a noble cause to save the world, and bring justice to people etc. The definition of Jesus himself.

Now, don't take this to seriously, my personality just hate those guys that aren't half evil since I honestly believe that everyone in a position of power(both physical and politicial) will get corrupted slightly. It may be more power, more money, and so on.

My impression so far is that every human character is a knight in shining armor. The only one that might stick out now is aedale(she was a knight in shining armor until episode 9 or 10 pretty much) and that.. dark armored general that I can't remember the name of.

Sadly that happened in the last chapter.. so I didn't have time to enjoy the turn around.

edit: a few that I reacted on specifically
-They embraced necromancy and demonology without too much protest. Aedale was like "I'd love to learn demonology" which is kinda.. absurd.. she'd get kicked out of the Kirin'tor by just saying that if it was Warcraft lore. As far as I am aware demonology is completely different from any other magic. It's not like frost, fire, holy, nature etc.
-dwarves, elves and humans are best buddies. Even though humans don't want to lend their aid anymore they are still buddies. No racial grudges? really?

maybe I am too negative about this..

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@story
A knight in shining armor tends to be the typical hero that saves the world person.

Everyone is nice guys, no insults what so ever, no personal grudges, they fight for a noble cause to save the world, and bring justice to people etc. The definition of Jesus himself.

Actually the Humans are only defending their territory. And believe me, you'll have evil Humans in all other Books (Yes, even in the Human ones. And I didn't post this in a spoiler on purpose. I already planned some twisted stuff.)

My impression so far is that every human character is a knight in shining armor. The only one that might stick out now is aedale(she was a knight in shining armor until episode 9 or 10 pretty much) and that.. dark armored general that I can't remember the name of.

And here I thought she was be a pain in the ass... :p

Sadly that happened in the last chapter.. so I didn't have time to enjoy the turn around.

Patience, my padawan.

edit: a few that I reacted on specifically
-They embraced necromancy and demonology without too much protest. Aedale was like "I'd love to learn demonology" which is kinda.. absurd.. she'd get kicked out of the Kirin'tor by just saying that if it was Warcraft lore. As far as I am aware demonology is completely different from any other magic. It's not like frost, fire, holy, nature etc.

Necromancy: Although it's not seen that much in this world - no one knew about the Undead at that point, as you might remember - it's not as hated as in Warcraft lore.
Demonology: They ignored Aedale on purpose because she isn't taken seriously by most of the others - they think she's just trying to gain attention and would rather die than being able to do something like that. Blen, the one who would warn her like Harmos did, isn't there, you see? Except Blen, Gardon, Harmos and Salomar no one really took her serious to that point. If you corrupted her, this *might*
WILL
change.

-dwarves, elves and humans are best buddies. Even though humans don't want to lend their aid anymore they are still buddies. No racial grudges? really?

They only didn't want to help the Elves because they stopped supporting the Humans after the Voidwar. Still, they count on each other since they all know - once the Elves rejoined the war efforts - that they have to put aside all grudges in order to be successful.
The Dwarves have always been in the fight, absolutely no grudge here - but don't worry. If not in this book, the Second Human Book will make even you hate some of the guys - not because they're Jaina 2.0 but because they ARE evil as hell.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
The Dwarves have always been in the fight, absolutely no grudge here - but don't worry. If not in this book, the Second Human Book will make even you hate some of the guys - not because they're Jaina 2.0 but because they ARE evil as hell.
Actually the Humans are only defending their territory. And believe me, you'll have evil Humans in all other Books (Yes, even in the Human ones. And I didn't post this in a spoiler on purpose. I already planned some twisted stuff.
Now that's what I am talking about.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Version 0.91 released

General:
- Dialogue fixes

Chapter Eleven:
- Grammar fixes
- Increased difficulty
- Replaced player-controlled ally with an AI
- Overall fixes
- Fixed ending cinematic

Now you should all be able to see the ending cinematic.
We're getting REALLY close to the initial release in the Maps section, guys.

Level 12
Great Shar , we are really close to the big escape , we will leave this forsaken place (just a joke ;) )

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Such Hype. :D

For a good reason. :p

nopenopenope

yes yes yes yes yes much yes

What Heinvers said. ;P
What's the problem, master Mythic?

Great Shar , we are really close to the big escape , we will leave this forsaken place (just a joke ;) )

You know that this thread won't be closed because the other campaigns will be posted here as well, right? :p

Level 12
Of course i know Shar . It was a joke something like when you will release the full version it will ring the bell when we will escape from the first human cage

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Version 0.92 released

Chapter Eleven:
- Fixed dialogue bug
- Added droppable item

This is the final demo version if there are no other major bugs! The Epilogue and Kasrkin Mode will be included within the official release version (Kasrkin Mode perhaps even later). I'd ask all who are able to play this, to replay the campaign (the icons are hidden now) and give me some opinions/report possible bugs. If you want and have time, you can make a review as Chaosy did.