- World of Warcaft: The Burning Crusade CGI Cinematic now plays as the intro to the campaign.
- New map: Chapter Ten - The Siege of Black Temple.
- Campaign cover picture updated.
- Heavily rewritten dialogues in: Chapter One, Three, Four, Five, Six, Nine and Eleven (Ten), and in almost all of the interludes. Other chapters have received some minor alterations to dialogues.
- Rewritten intro descriptions to almost all maps.
- Lowered collision size of almost all units for easier pathing.
- Updated a lot of tooltips.
- Cinematics updated.
- Difficulty altered in most maps, harder maps should now be a bit easier.
- Aewynne is no longer controllable in Chapter Eleven (Ten).
- Arcane Affinity now reduces magic damage by 25% (was 20%).
- Magic Sentry now instead gives Towers the ability to increase nearby friendly units' mana regeneration.
- Requires Sanctuary instead of Spire to be trained.
- Cleave now strikes 25% of damage to nearby enemy units (was 12%).
- Can now once again use Polymorph.
- Can no longer use Illusion.
- Resistant Skin is now called Prismatic Barrier and also gives Arcane Golems passive health regeneration.
- Holy Light heals for 250 hit points (from 125).
- Seal of Protection now lasts 30 seconds (from 25).
- Wings of Retribution increases movement speed and attack rate by 40%. Has a new special effect when cast.
- Damage buffed.
- No longer has Spell Immunity. Instead, has a new ability, Spell Resistance, which reduces magic damage taken by 50%.
- Now costs 7 food (from 6).
- Can no longer use Summon Lava Spawn. Instead, can use Summon Al'ar, which summons Al'ar, a powerful phoenix, to fight alongside Kael'thas.
- Has a new voice. (Valeera from Heroes of the Storm)
- Soulburn has been significantly buffed and now drastically increases Alessandra's attack speed.
- Dark Soul's Voidlord is no longer immobile.
- Has a new model and a new icon.
- Flames of Retribution no longer does friendly fire. Now costs 75 mana (from 85).
- Blood Cry now affects a larger area. Now costs 50 mana (from 90).
- Can no longer use Dashing Winds. Instead, has a new ability, Living Bomb, which adds extra damage on each attack and causes units that die while under the effect to explode, dealing damage to nearby enemy units.
- Has a new model, a new icon and a new voice.
- Desiccation Aura is no longer visually displayed.
- Paralysing Arrow's range is now 800 (was 600).
- Evergreen now costs 50 mana (from 75).
- Marksmanship has been significantly buffed and now drastically increases Aewynne's attack damage.
- Volley of Arrows no longer does friendly fire.
- Has a new voice.
- Has a new voice.
- Abilities are now stronger.