• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Revenge of Mal'Ganis

What shall I do for this Campaign?

• Add more Heroes

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Add more Custom Imports

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Improve the Storyline

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Improve the Terrains

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • Call off this whole project

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The zombies' descprition in the Crypt say that they can learn Zombie Explode, but it is not an upgrade but an ability they already possess right from the start. You should change to ''they can use Zombie Explode'' or put an upgrade. (1)

Since the Bloodhoof tribe had, by this time, joined the Horde, you should make these tauren members of the Grimtotem tribe instead. They are far more agressive than the Bloodhoof. (2)

Among the undeads (which should be named Amnennar's forces and not Arthas' since Arthas is not there) (3)

Fixed everything.

Level 5
The lack of AI is understandable. LISBOAH has made some very good points. But here I come with something he didn't talk about. The hotkey for the Zombie is the same as the one for the Ghoul FreneZy. I know it's not a big deal, but it's something that is out there. The terrain needs a little more work from my point of view. What I appreciate is the two paths from the Undead base that lead to the Bronze Dragons.

The lack of AI is understandable. LISBOAH has made some very good points. But here I come with something he didn't talk about. The hotkey for the Zombie is the same as the one for the Ghoul FreneZy. I know it's not a big deal, but it's something that is out there. The terrain needs a little more work from my point of view. What I appreciate is the two paths from the Undead base that lead to the Bronze Dragons.

Fixed!

Level 29
I have some ideas for the next mission. While Mal'ganis pursuits Arthas, the Legion begins the invasion of Kalimdor. Winterchill is sent to destroy Night Elven outposts, which are led by Shandris Feathermoon, that prevent the Legion from entering Ashenvake forest. One optional quest could be reaching a satyr outpost and recruit them and another could be killing lost Alliance's and Horde's scouting parties.

Once you destroy one outpost, you start building the Shrine with the Skull of Gul'dan (the one Illidan later destroys) while the night elves launch waves to avoid it.

Last edited:
Level 5
I have some ideas for the next mission. While Mal'ganis pursuits Arthas, the Legion begins the invasion of Kalimdor. Winterchill is sent to destroy Night Elven outposts, which are led by Shandris Feathermoon, that prevent the Legion from entering Ashenvake forest. One optional quest could be reaching a satyr outpost and recruit them and another could be killing lost Alliance's and Horde's scouting parties.

Once you destroy one outpost, you start building the Shrine with the Skull of Gul'dan (the one Illidan later destroys) while the night elves launch waves to avoid it.

If anything I think we should either play as Mal'Ganis following Arthas or play as Tichondrius but in place of Winterchill. Also if we are to play as the red dreadlord we should start with a small force trying to conquer Ashenvale while the night elves are trying to fight the Horde and Alliance. I loved the idea of invisibel dreadlord from TLA/TLF so I would like to see one map like that.

Level 29
If anything I think we should either play as Mal'Ganis following Arthas or play as Tichondrius but in place of Winterchill. Also if we are to play as the red dreadlord we should start with a small force trying to conquer Ashenvale while the night elves are trying to fight the Horde and Alliance. I loved the idea of invisibel dreadlord from TLA/TLF so I would like to see one map like that.

Yes, but I don´t like the idea of a campaign only focused on one character. I think Winterchill and Thule should have more chances to be played with, especially since we know Winterchill will die in the Battle for Mount Hyjal.

There should be a mission about Mal'ganis following Arthas, and yes the idea of an invisible dreadlord sounds great, but I think we should have a pause about Mal'ganis and now have some missions focused on other characters.

Level 5
Yes, but I don´t like the idea of a campaign only focused on one character. I think Winterchill and Thule should have more chances to be played with, especially since we know Winterchill will die in the Battle for Mount Hyjal.

There should be a mission about Mal'ganis following Arthas, and yes the idea of an invisible dreadlord sounds great, but I think we should have a pause about Mal'ganis and now have some missions focused on other characters.

I can understand your point of view, and indeed you are right. But since we left the last mission had us reaching a cave to Felwood I think we should continue with Mal'Ganis for one more map. In all honestly Thule seems to be a forgotten character he had a point just in the mission we fought him but since then he has been lost into the oblivion of the story. Maybe having some Winterchill x Thule action would do pretty good for the campaign.

Level 29
I can understand your point of view, and indeed you are right. But since we left the last mission had us reaching a cave to Felwood I think we should continue with Mal'Ganis for one more map. In all honestly Thule seems to be a forgotten character he had a point just in the mission we fought him but since then he has been lost into the oblivion of the story. Maybe having some Winterchill x Thule action would do pretty good for the campaign.

Alright, Thule is a clear secondary character and is not interesting enough to appear. The next mission could be Mal'ganis following Arthas and finding about his treachery, and the following could be us controlling Winterchill during the Battle of Mount Hyjal (though I would like that the creator would make a new map rather than use the same of Twilight of the Gods).

I replayed the last mission. While we destroy the barrels containing items that stand next to the portal that lies in the south, the taurens' watch towers can hit us .

Last edited:
Level 15
Hey, mate. I have played your campaign. Sorry for waiting this much.

First, I have to admit I really enjoyed playing it. At first I was sceptical, but more and more I played it, more and more I liked it.

I am just going to talk about bad things, so here they are:

I don't like how Mal'Ganis resurrected immediately after being killed by Arthas. That is completely against the lore. Go check how demons are resurrected and what happened with Mal'Ganis after his first "death".
Items are not saved from map to map and it doesn't matter what spells I chose in the last map, in the next map they are selected randomly, not in the way I chose them.
Why AI doesn't build anything? And they are not attacking, at all.
What is with that obsession of yours to change all icons in the game with custom ones?
Not a bad thing, but a suggestion. I would also add Q-W-E-R system for spells. It is a lot more enjoyable and easier to play with it.

Overall, campaign has potential. I really liked that Wrights (or Wights?) you added to Scourge. I expect more of new units. Also, voiceacting is surprisingly not that awful. While it is not great, I think it is the best voiceacting I have heard to this date. Keep up with the good work. Looking forward to see this finished one day. I hope you won't abandon it!

EDIT: Also, there is too many items on the first map, I was basically 6 slotted after finishing it. And you should also update descriptions with new units (in buildings and upgrades).

Last edited:
Level 29
Hey, mate. I have played your campaign. Sorry for waiting this much.

First, I have to admit I really enjoyed playing it. At first I was sceptical, but more and more I played it, more and more I liked it.

I am just going to talk about bad things, so here they are:

I don't like how Mal'Ganis resurrected immediately after being killed by Arthas. That is completely against the lore. Go check how demons are resurrected and what happened with Mal'Ganis after his first "death".

That is so true! Thank you for making us notice! Demons when they die go back to the Twisting Nether!

Items are not saved from map to map and it doesn't matter what spells I chose in the last map, in the next map they are selected randomly, not in the way I chose them.
Why AI doesn't build anything? And they are not attacking, at all.
What is with that obsession of yours to change all icons in the game with custom ones?
Not a bad thing, but a suggestion. I would also add Q-W-E-R system for spells. It is a lot more enjoyable and easier to play with it.

The creator said that he would fix the AI and the items cache once he finishes making the maps. By now, he wants opinions about terrain, plot, units, etc...

Level 15
Also, I want to add that you shoudl remove W(r)ight from the first map, we can't train them anyway, and it is removing surprise factor from the map where you actually can train them. Also, I would add some upgrade to Zombie, because every unit in WC3 has at least one. My suggestion is to add upgrade that gives them passively bonus movement speed. It fits perfectly with their intended gamestyle!

Level 29
Also, I want to add that you shoudl remove W(r)ight from the first map, we can't train them anyway, and it is removing surprise factor from the map where you actually can train them. Also, I would add some upgrade to Zombie, because every unit in WC3 has at least one. My suggestion is to add upgrade that gives them passively bonus movement speed. It fits perfectly with their intended gamestyle!

True.
By the way I have thought of this: acolytes in World of Wacraft are mostly spellcasters so they should have ranged attack rather than melee.

The creator could make units like blightweavers, members of the Cult of the Damned that launch explosions that spread plague; plague dogs that could have an upgrade to increase their speed, thus making them useful scouts; geists, weaker than ghouls but could be used in large numbers to overwhelm foes.

Will add these changes in the upcoming update, need ideas for the next missions.

Level 29
Will add these changes in the upcoming update, need ideas for the next missions.

Me and WarcraftLiterature already gave. The next mission is Mal'ganis still following Arthas.
Perharps Arthas senses that someone is following him, so leaves some of his minions along the road to defeat or at least delay the pursuers. Mal'ganis defeats the undeads and hears Arthas helping Illidan. Mal'ganis decides to warn Kil'jaeden, after escaping from the night elven forces that aided Illidan in defeating Tichondrius.

The following could be Winterchill aiding the Burning Legion in reaching Mount Hyjal. You can only control Winterchill, while the Legion occasinaly send waves to attack the mortals. Though in the end, Winterchill is killed.

Next, Mal'ganis could go into one of two options: aid Illidan in attacking the Frozen Throne or go to the Plaguelands and aid Balnazzar in securing control over the Scarlet Crusade.

MINOR UPDATE
- Next mission will feature Rage Winterchill & Tichondrius as they establish the Skull of Gul'dan and start to take over Felwood.
- New Playable Race: Corrupted Ancients
- New Playable Hero(es): Tichondrius, Prince Xavalis
- Recurring Hero: Rage Winterchill

NEED ANY USEFUL MODEL/SPELL/UPGRADE/ABILITY/ICON IDEAS FOR THE NEW RACE AND THE MAP IN GENERAL.

Like usual, awarding +Reputation and Credits to supporters.

Level 15
Well, you need to tell us how many units you are planing for the race. Only ancients or mix of ancients and satyrs, etc.

Level 29
MINOR UPDATE
- Next mission will feature Rage Winterchill & Tichondrius as they establish the Skull of Gul'dan and start to take over Felwood.
- New Playable Race: Corrupted Ancients
- New Playable Hero(es): Tichondrius, Prince Xavalis
- Recurring Hero: Rage Winterchill

NEED ANY USEFUL MODEL/SPELL/UPGRADE/ABILITY/ICON IDEAS FOR THE NEW RACE AND THE MAP IN GENERAL.

Like usual, awarding +Reputation and Credits to supporters.

It is good to see that you decided to follow my idea!

Map

The first part could be destroying a night elf or furbolg town, and then defend the shrine of the skull while it is being built. An optional quest could be corrupting a nearby fountain of health, which could grant you some corrupt furbolg units, or killing furbolgs nearby to cleanse the land of life.

Units and Spells
I always thought that the satyrs could have in a way corrupted versions of the Night Elves' spells. They use the Burning Legion's grace rather than Elune, so a mixture of fire and fel magic, with corrupted nature spells.
The corrupted ancients could have an upgrade to make them be surrounded with a plague aura that damages enemies nearby.

Prince Xavalis: a master of fel and fire magic
-Corrupt Natures: converts an area of trees into corrupt treants.
-Immolate: surrounds an enemy unit with fire, damaging ally units (the enemy's allies, not ours)
-Unholy Aura
-Rain of the Legion: summons a rain of fire that hits nearby enemy units. Targeted enemy units keeps taking damage for a while.

Thoughts on using @FerSZ 's model of Archimonde? given +4 Reputation & Credits to him!
p5agXQF.jpg

Level 5
Some ideas, since we gonna be using Tichondrius and company, for the intro you can make him summon an army of demons and destroy settlements to pave the way for construction of the Skull. Main Quest is generally defend it from night elf attacks and the side quests could be you corrupting the wildlife. When the skull of guldan finishes, you could be ready to destroy the night elf bases and show a view of the corruption the skull is producing.

Level 15
I would suggest to rename Satyr Warrior into Satyr Trickster or something similar. And Shadowdancer instead of Shadowmancer, it sounds more like "ranged physical" unit. Shadowmancer sounds like he is some kind of a caster. I don't like generic titles, but it is on you to decide. It is your campaign after all.
Also, I would suggest to use this: NE_Birth_Corrupt

Corrupted Ancient of Lore
Satyr Soulstealer - Female Satyr
Satyr Hellcaller - Satyr Headhunter
Ancient of Pain - Corrupted "Ancient of Life"

Corrupted Ancient of Wind
Ancient of Suffering - Corrupted Ancient of Mana
Ancient of Lies - corrupted treent flyer

Corrupted Ancient of Blossoms - Dark Ancient
Nightmare Dragon - Normal green dragon just tinted black

Gonna come back to add abilities if you like what I did here with their tech-tree.

Last edited:
Level 29
I would suggest to rename Satyr Warrior into Satyr Trickster or something similar. And Shadowdancer instead of Shadowmancer, it sounds more like "ranged physical" unit. Shadowmancer sounds like he is some kind of a caster. I don't like generic titles, but it is on you to decide. It is your campaign after all.
Also, I would suggest to use this: NE_Birth_Corrupt

Corrupted Ancient of Lore
Satyr Soulstealer - Female Satyr
Satyr Hellcaller - Satyr Headhunter
Ancient of Pain - Corrupted "Ancient of Life"

Corrupted Ancient of Wind
Ancient of Suffering - Corrupted Ancient of Mana
Ancient of Lies - corrupted treent flyer

Corrupted Ancient of Blossoms - Dark Ancient
Corrupted Green Dragons - Normal green dragon just tinted black

Gonna come back to add abilities if you like what I did here with their tech-tree.

This is actually well-planned. Well done!

The corrupted Green Dragons, are they like the Nightmare Dragonflight? Most of the green dragonflight live on the Emerald Nightmare, so I doubt they could be recruited. What about a building, like some sort of portal, that allows us to recruit nightmare corrupted beings, like shadow satyrs and nightmare dragons? Xavius, the Nightmare Lord serves the Burning Legion, so we could have acess to nightmare creatures.

In the lore, Sargeras gave Xavius a blade named Dirk of the Beast that can turn others into satyrs, regardless of the race. I think it could be a pretty good item for an optional quest, either finding it or using to turn night elves into satyrs.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I think it could be a pretty good item for an optional quest, either finding it or using to turn night elves into satyrs.
And where would you find this? randomly laying around in felwood? pretty sure Xavius would keep that close.
Most of the green dragonflight live on the Emerald Nightmare
Emerald Dream*
What about a building, like some sort of portal, that allows us to recruit nightmare corrupted beings
Not impossible, but considering that there are only 4 known portals, I doubt that would be easy.

Level 29
And where would you find this? randomly laying around in felwood? pretty sure Xavius would keep that close.

Malfurion defeated Xavius during the War of the Ancients and turned him into a tree, right before the Sundering. This weapon could have been lost, and then some druids could have found it.

Emerald Dream*

Sorry.

Not impossible, but considering that there are only 4 known portals, I doubt that would be easy.

Okay, I did not know that. I thought it could be easy creating a portal, since the Burning Legion contantly uses portals to other worlds.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Okay, I did not know that. I thought it could be easy creating a portal, since the Burning Legion contantly uses portals to other worlds.
Well there is a difference between portal and gateway.
You cannot build a portal with rock and stone, you can build gateways however. And there are only 4 gateways known at the moment.

Problem is that portals are very limited in the sense that you cannot teleport too many people at once unless you got some god-like power (like Archimonde / Kil'jaeden)

Malfurion defeated Xavius during the War of the Ancients and turned him into a tree, right before the Sundering. This weapon could have been lost, and then some druids could have found it.
True enough.

Level 15
Thanks for kind words LISBOAH!

While waiting for Zennoth to answer, I also have 3 other suggestions.

First. I would suggest to change Vampiric Touch passive from Mal'Ganis. Why? Well, because, in later missions where you are high level with good items, you can easely solo majority of the map. My suggestion is:

Vampiric Touch - Active - 100/80/60 mana - 50 seconds CD - When activated, give Mal'Ganis 10 bonus damage and 30%/40%/50% lifesteal for 10 seconds.

Second. I want to add suggestion for previous map with Taurens and Quillboars. It felt really empty. I would suggest to add one more optional quest, and replace those resources, after you teleport with a portal, with Spirit of Agamaggan. Really tough boss, with fast attack speed and high damage. Low armor, and decent HP. Chaos attack. And War Stomp ability that stuns all enemies around it for 5 seconds (25 seconds CD), 50% cleaving attack and 20% lifesteal with every attack (passives). When you kill him he drops "Quills of Agamaggan" that gives you +5 STR, +3 armor and 30% melee damage return.

Third. I really like new additions in Undead arsenal of units, but with adding them, now there is just too many units to pick from. And they nearly always going to be overshadowed by some other "normal" Undead units. So, I would suggest to remove all Blizzard's Undead units and make completely new Undead tech-tree (replace Abomination with W(r)ight, Meat Wagon with Zombies etc.). We are going to help you if you are willing to do that!

Level 29
Meat wagons are a siege unit of the undead, and you want to replace them with zombies... so... kamikaze zombieso_O? If done right that might look cool :D

Like sending waves of zombies, nearly like a zerg rush of zerglings and banelings, to overwhelm enemies and destroy bases?

Level 3
Hello, can you make it even better? Me and my friends enjoyed playing it, like we pretended to become the villain:p:pImprove it please, add the things I can mention :

+ Zombie food must be 0
+ Zombie health must be decreased down to 120 because it is a suicide-exploding unit.
+ Wraith's damage must be increased a little bit because they die if they face only 1 grunt and 1 raider in orcs.
+ Add more campaign levels
+ Balnazzar and the dreadlords can be played (If possible)
+ Archimonde and the burning legion in Mount Hyjal is joined by Mal'Ganis and they fight all the races with their combined powers (If Possible)
+ Archimonde and the burning legion in Mount Hyjal is playable (If poosible)
+ Add the race "Trolls" from which they ally with the Taurens. (If possible)
+ Add Rexar as an enemy (If possible)

IF you do this, I would proclaim this project as the best!

Level 29
Zombie food must be 0

Zombies are clear cannon fodder, so yes they shouldn't cost food. But for the sake of balance then it should cost slightly more.

Add more campaign levels

This campaign will go, I think, at least to the events of Wrath of the Lich King. So I expect a lot of more maps.

Archimonde and the burning legion in Mount Hyjal is joined by Mal'Ganis and they fight all the races with their combined powers (If Possible)

We will most likely control Winterchill, since Mal'ganis will be possibly following Arthas.

Archimonde and the burning legion in Mount Hyjal is playable (If poosible)

That would be too easy. It is like leading an army of tanks against a fortress of cavemen.

Add Rexar as an enemy (If possible)

Perharps he could be added as an optional boss fight in the map where we attack Ammemnar in pursuit of Arthas.

Hello, can you make it even better? Me and my friends enjoyed playing it, like we pretended to become the villain:p:pImprove it please, add the things I can mention :

+ Zombie food must be 0
+ Zombie health must be decreased down to 120 because it is a suicide-exploding unit.
+ Wraith's damage must be increased a little bit because they die if they face only 1 grunt and 1 raider in orcs.
+ Add more campaign levels
+ Balnazzar and the dreadlords can be played (If possible)
+ Archimonde and the burning legion in Mount Hyjal is joined by Mal'Ganis and they fight all the races with their combined powers (If Possible)
+ Archimonde and the burning legion in Mount Hyjal is playable (If poosible)
+ Add the race "Trolls" from which they ally with the Taurens. (If possible)
+ Add Rexar as an enemy (If possible)

IF you do this, I would proclaim this project as the best!

Will add most of these changes in my next update.

Thanks for kind words LISBOAH!

While waiting for Zennoth to answer, I also have 3 other suggestions.

First. I would suggest to change Vampiric Touch passive from Mal'Ganis. Why? Well, because, in later missions where you are high level with good items, you can easely solo majority of the map. My suggestion is:

Vampiric Touch - Active - 100/80/60 mana - 50 seconds CD - When activated, give Mal'Ganis 10 bonus damage and 30%/40%/50% lifesteal for 10 seconds.

Second. I want to add suggestion for previous map with Taurens and Quillboars. It felt really empty. I would suggest to add one more optional quest, and replace those resources, after you teleport with a portal, with Spirit of Agamaggan. Really tough boss, with fast attack speed and high damage. Low armor, and decent HP. Chaos attack. And War Stomp ability that stuns all enemies around it for 5 seconds (25 seconds CD), 50% cleaving attack and 20% lifesteal with every attack (passives). When you kill him he drops "Quills of Agamaggan" that gives you +5 STR, +3 armor and 30% melee damage return.

Third. I really like new additions in Undead arsenal of units, but with adding them, now there is just too many units to pick from. And they nearly always going to be overshadowed by some other "normal" Undead units. So, I would suggest to remove all Blizzard's Undead units and make completely new Undead tech-tree (replace Abomination with W(r)ight, Meat Wagon with Zombies etc.). We are going to help you if you are willing to do that!

Will also add most of these changes in the next update... but by the way, what would you want me to answer @MogulKahn ? Oh.. and I also liked your suggestions, will make use of most of them.

Level 3
Zombies are clear cannon fodder, so yes they shouldn't cost food. But for the sake of balance then it should cost slightly more.

Yes, they should cost a little bit but if you can't add the 0 food for zombies, you can increase a little in the Gold and Lumber Costs. I defeated Arthas' lich and the taurens by using only Zombies:p
They are awesome, but one thing. Maybe Mal'Ganis met some Night elves (If possible only) because when Arthas came in Kalimdor, he showed up to Illidan. So maybe when Illidan and Arthas were talking, maybe Mal'Ganis could sneak up into their conversation then disappeared. Like for example

Arthas said to Illdian "Illidan, the Skull Of Gul'Dan is guarded by Demon Gates, if you destroy those demon gates and acquire the power of the Skull, you will be able to defeat tichondrius"

Then Mal'Ganis appeared by teleporting. Just like dreadlords do..

"Yes, but I will not let you obtain it easily" mal'ganis said
"My forces is here, and I am sure that you must not interfere with lord archimonde's plan" mal'ganis said

Then in that mission, Arthas said :

"Mal'Ganis! How did you get through Ammemnar's forces!"

"That lich is dead, so must be you"

"What are you doing here? You must be there with your Archimonde!"

"I am here of making sure that no one interrupts with lord archimonde's plan" replied mal'ganis

"I'm giving you a chance to walk away Arthas, you summoned the burning legion, you earned the legion's trust, and now you are going to stop it? You are probably wasting your efforts in summoning the legion, boy" Said mal'ganis

"If you could waste enough time for this!" shouted Illidan then hitted Mal'Ganis with his blade
Then mal ganis disappeared

It is most likely that Arthas continues his plan of stopping the legion, Mal'Ganis could chase him but Illidan is blocking the path. So... Mal'Ganis met with Tichondrius and warned tichondrius. Tichondrius said he will handle illidan's forces, and mal'ganis would go chase arthas.

Then that chapter must be an interlude...
Done, I hope this is possible, but if you would like to make this interlude, I would likely said that you must fix a little bit in the dialogues XD

Level 29
Yes, they should cost a little bit but if you can't add the 0 food for zombies, you can increase a little in the Gold and Lumber Costs. I defeated Arthas' lich and the taurens by using only Zombies:p
They are awesome, but one thing. Maybe Mal'Ganis met some Night elves (If possible only) because when Arthas came in Kalimdor, he showed up to Illidan. So maybe when Illidan and Arthas were talking, maybe Mal'Ganis could sneak up into their conversation then disappeared. Like for example

Arthas said to Illdian "Illidan, the Skull Of Gul'Dan is guarded by Demon Gates, if you destroy those demon gates and acquire the power of the Skull, you will be able to defeat tichondrius"

Then Mal'Ganis appeared by teleporting. Just like dreadlords do..

"Yes, but I will not let you obtain it easily" mal'ganis said
"My forces is here, and I am sure that you must not interfere with lord archimonde's plan" mal'ganis said

Then in that mission, Arthas said :

"Mal'Ganis! How did you get through Ammemnar's forces!"

"That lich is dead, so must be you"

"What are you doing here? You must be there with your Archimonde!"

"I am here of making sure that no one interrupts with lord archimonde's plan" replied mal'ganis

"I'm giving you a chance to walk away Arthas, you summoned the burning legion, you earned the legion's trust, and now you are going to stop it? You are probably wasting your efforts in summoning the legion, boy" Said mal'ganis

"If you could waste enough time for this!" shouted Illidan then hitted Mal'Ganis with his blade
Then mal ganis disappeared

It is most likely that Arthas continues his plan of stopping the legion, Mal'Ganis could chase him but Illidan is blocking the path. So... Mal'Ganis met with Tichondrius and warned tichondrius. Tichondrius said he will handle illidan's forces, and mal'ganis would go chase arthas.

Then that chapter must be an interlude...
Done, I hope this is possible, but if you would like to make this interlude, I would likely said that you must fix a little bit in the dialogues XD

This campaign will follow the canon lore, kind of. Ammemnar does not die, since his phylactery survives. Mal'ganis, in no way, will give Arthas a chance to walk away after he nearly killed him and now seeing him help Illidan.

Level 3
I am testing the campaign now, and I found that in Chapter 5, from where Mal'Ganis summons the pitlord Mannoroth. In the starting cinematic, at the end of balnazzar and mal'ganis' conversation :

"Me, varimathras and detheroc is needed in the capital city, we will all have a meeting once you are done!" then disappeared.
In the disappearing effect, it is an archmage teleport effect, it is like a scroll of town portal. Improve it, just like in campaigns. Dreadlords use the Dark Summoning effect from which teleports them. Use it instead of the teleporting ability by the archmages effect.

And also, in chapter 5, you must create a cinematic about the hillsbrad bandits. We can't just defeat them all the way without reasons, they must have attacked mal'ganis or something and mal'ganis wants them eradicated.. Like that instead of inserting the optional quest message directly...

Thats all, if you want to reply, reply ASAP. I would like to help of progressing this awesome campaign, it met most of my expectations!

Level 5
This campaign will follow the canon lore, kind of. Ammemnar does not die, since his phylactery survives. Mal'ganis, in no way, will give Arthas a chance to walk away after he nearly killed him and now seeing him help Illidan.

That plus that Illidan has no idea that Mal'ganis exists. Or maybe he does, taking into consideration his past with the Burning Legion. But Mal'ganis has no role into what Arthas talks with Illidan.

Level 29
That plus that Illidan has no idea that Mal'ganis exists. Or maybe he does, taking into consideration his past with the Burning Legion. But Mal'ganis has no role into what Arthas talks with Illidan.

True. There are no references about Mal'ganis during the War of the Ancients, so I doubt he and Illidan met. Since Kil'jaeden discovered that it was the Lich King who suggested Illidan to destroy the Skull of Gul'dan, but we never came to learn how, I imagine that Mal'ganis after witnessing this conversation went to the Twisting Nether and informed Kil'jaeden.

]I just went to Wowpedia and it says that Ammemnar actually participated in the Battle for Mount Hyjal. I have an idea once the creator decides to make the map about the battle: Ammemnar aids Winterchill in the battle, but in the end, once Archimonde dies, Ammemnar under the command of the Lich King kills Winterchill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.