• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Revenge of Mal'Ganis

What shall I do for this Campaign?

• Add more Heroes

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Add more Custom Imports

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Improve the Storyline

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Improve the Terrains

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • Call off this whole project

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i think its to difficult at beginning, no unit spawn or no item resources. (chapter one)
there too far to set sail to the southern region of map (chapter two)
are Mal'Ganis must alone at human isle? without troops? cause the zombies too weak (chapter three)

Level 29
Need lore designers/experienced players with Warcraft Lore to design the story of my upcoming maps, post your ideas here if you please, will reward you with +Rep and credits!

The next mission could be dealing the remaining human forces in Fenris Isle, and Mal'Ganis uses this to test Ravenclaw's loyalty. One optional quest could be reanimating gnolls.

The following mission could be launching an attack on Dalaran, as a way to support Archimonde's summoning. Mal'Ganis doesn´t meet with Arthas or Kel'Thuzad. After that, Mal'ganis now can directly control the Scourge once again and helps the Legion deal with Lordaeron's destruction.

At some point Winterchill is recruited to invade Kalimdor and faces orcs and night elves, until he dies on the battle of Mount Hyjal, while Mal'Ganis stays on Lordaeron facing Garithos' resistance. He eventually learns that the Scourge has rebelled against the Legion and with Balnazzar plots to take their revenge, by taking control of the Scarlet Crusade.

Last edited:
The next mission could be dealing the remaining human forces in Fenris Isle, and Mal'Ganis uses this to test Ravenclaw's loyalty. One optional quest could be reanimating gnolls.

The following mission could be launching an attack on Dalaran, as a way to support Archimonde's summoning. Mal'Ganis doesn´t meet with Arthas or Kel'Thuzad. After that, Mal'ganis now can directly control the Scourge once again and helps the Legion deal with Lordaeron's destruction.

At some point Winterchill is recruited to invade Kalimdor and faces orcs and night elves, until he dies on the battle of Mount Hyjal, while Mal'Ganis stays on Lordaeron facing Garithos' resistance. He eventually learns that the Scourge has rebelled against the Legion and with Balnazzar plots to take their revenge, by taking control of the Scarlet Crusade.

Outstanding work! I'll take them into full consideration.

Decided to fully postpone my campaign progress until I get further ideas.. thanks to all who supported me.

4TH UPDATE (2/5/2017)

~*ArgentSky special update*~

• Fourth Mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post)
ArgentSky is now a part of our testing/advertising team members! remember to check out his awesome channel and subscribe
• Third mission's terrain was majorly improved, all thanks to the awesome joaquim98
• Working on the campaign has been resumed!

0FGr3ID.jpg

dqa14tX.jpg

NOTICE:
The map is lacking an item save from earlier missions feature due to a problem with gamecache but it will be fixed in the final map release along with enemy AI..etc.

Level 5
In the opening cinematic: Long wait times between dialogue
- A somewhat long wait time when Archimonde says his line to Tichondrius about controlling the Scourge; also the end of his line of destroying dalaran

Add an ending cinematic maybe? Since it just feels so lackluster after destroying Dalaran, perhaps a cutscene about Archimonde and friends expressing their optimism about destroying the world.

Overall, the mission seemed too plain with Archimonde and the weak human defenses. Perhaps add more defenders and lower Archimonde's hp and damage?

- A somewhat long wait time when Archimonde says his line to Tichondrius about controlling the Scourge; also the end of his line of destroying dalaran

Add an ending cinematic maybe? Since it just feels so lackluster after destroying Dalaran, perhaps a cutscene about Archimonde and friends expressing their optimism about destroying the world.

Overall, the mission seemed too plain with Archimonde and the weak human defenses. Perhaps add more defenders and lower Archimonde's hp and damage?

Will fix the Human's defenses, AI, ending cinematic in the finalized map version.

As for now I require more testing and more feedback from more of Hive's community, feel free to download and test, everyone.

Level 5
Okay, I had to take a break from trying to study for my exams to play this mission. I will take a look at the terrain update on mission three tomorrow once I finish my exams and finish what else I have to do. For now I am rendering the video for the last mission. While it was fun to wreck things around it really wasn't anything else but mindless killing, also maybe the items we start with should be able to summon more Demons. Like the one for intelect should summon a succubus and so on. In any way, just my two cents, the video will be posted soon.

5TH UPDATE (2/15/2017)

~*ArgentSky/joaquim98/renegade special update*~

• Fifth Mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.
• New heroes added: Thule Ravenclaw, Mannoroth
• New unit added: Wight
• New upgrade: Devour
+Reputation and credits will be given to those who help/contribute by any means.
• I expect nitpicking reviews so do your best!

yFBT7W1.jpg

DYUnKDK.jpg

NpPgDR5.jpg

NOTICE:
THERE'S CURRENTLY NO AI FOR ENEMY BASE/UNITS YET, ...AI along with Gamecache will be ADDED IN THE FINALIZED MAP RELEASE, so please refrain from commenting about the lack of AI on 2nd and 5th missions!

You could show how he kills and possesses Barean Westwind?

Sure, there are over 18+ missions planned for this campaign, the part where he controls the Scarlet Onslaught is yet to come!

Will fix most of these in the finalized version, tell me if you've encountered any problems with previous maps too!

Okay, I had to take a break from trying to study for my exams to play this mission. I will take a look at the terrain update on mission three tomorrow once I finish my exams and finish what else I have to do. For now I am rendering the video for the last mission. While it was fun to wreck things around it really wasn't anything else but mindless killing, also maybe the items we start with should be able to summon more Demons. Like the one for intelect should summon a succubus and so on. In any way, just my two cents, the video will be posted soon.

Will add such items and update the terrain in the finalized version aswell, thanks a lot ArgentSky!

Last edited:
Level 5
So I've done other mission! I know you said to not talk about the lack of AI but the AI should be there so we can see how it can be balanced to the best most optimal performance. But that aside, the terrain could you some more work, in all honestly things just looked placed randomly. Now I have to questions where does this mission take place? Because the zone of the mission is pretty important, you could take a bit of inspiration from World of Warcraft with the zones so that way things won't seem placed so randomly. Now is Mannoroth going to play a bigger role in the campaign? Because I am wondering why he has a custom voice if at the end of the cinematic he is sent to Kalimdor, will we see him in the future?. Also, did Ravenclaw prove himself? Because things about him become a little stale for him, he is cast in the (big) shadow of the great demon lords of the Burning Legion. Now that aside, I think the story should put the camera back on Mal'Ganis, while it was pretty fun to control two of the greatest The Burning Legion has to offer, the campaign is called Revenge of Mal'Ganis. In rest it was pretty okay, the new unit seemed pretty decent, not to powerful but quite good enough. Also Ravenclaw's abilities are pretty useful and they really help the mana dependent Mal'Ganis. This si all for the moment.

6TH UPDATE (2/18/2017)

~*ArgentSky/renegade special update*~

• 2nd Interlude is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.
+Reputation and credits will be given to those who help/contribute by any means.

Y6uve4u.jpg
lpJgLs2.jpg

Now that aside, I think the story should put the camera back on Mal'Ganis, while it was pretty fun to control two of the greatest The Burning Legion has to offer, the campaign is called Revenge of Mal'Ganis.
Will do all the changes you requested!

So, what're y'all waiting for? help me with this map and I'll give credits! everyone starts criticizing the map at Maps section and only a few help at Map Development?

Level 29
Will do all the changes you requested!

So, what're y'all waiting for? help me with this map and I'll give credits! everyone starts criticizing the map at Maps section and only a few help at Map Development?

My apologies. I had to do reinstall many things in my computer and no longer have Warcraft 3, plus my studies are delaying me. I really wish to help you make it better.

Alright, I have already reviwed. First thing, you need to correct some grammar fixes.

Second, you need to fix the AI on these new chapters.

Third, on the fifth chapter when Archimonde talks about the orcs being still useful, it is quite weird considering that we had just slaughtered an orc encapmment.

Fourth. I am not impressed by the heroes' abilities. Winterchill has all the liches' regular abilities, Mal'Ganis has the dreadlords' and Thule the archmage's. I think you could give them more creative abilities, basing on their personalities and roles. For instance, Winterchill was an orc warlock.

Last edited:
Level 3
The voice acting is so much better than the rest we have in here, that said what we have in here is horrible. May be just me but those voice actors just ain't putting emotion in their acting, the humans sound too different from the Blizzard ones, young and unexperience by comparission, in my opinion. Nonetheless this is still way better than something overthetop. About the writting the characters seem to be in character and the lore on point, that's something l seldom see in here.

I loved the first mission, the terrain is well done and it has an exelent gameplay. Really, it's simple yet fun, something I haven't experienced in such a long time, truly well done. The first interlude too, terrain and characters where on point and I see you will follow the lore.

My major complain is how items do not carry over to next mission. l'm only in the second mission but i'm rating 5/5 already since l know you will improve, I await for more missions.

This may go without saying but if you want to insist in something very complex, rather than rely on simple and fun gameplay, you could always inspire on the mechanism of Scourge of Loarderon Enhanced - I talk specifically on the undead's ability to make more, permanent units outta bodies. Also going with this concept:
Malganis is weak in the campaign but is may be because he was merely luring Arthas, he is apparently powerfull and of high ranking. That said, Is Malganis meant to be weaker than the average dreadlord? If not, I'm not complaining but since Vampiric Touch is not an aura you could increase it by 5%, or add an simple Raise Zombie ability (6 max, permanent, the weak type, cap increases as hero levels up). Just a suggestion, he made zombeis in the campaign but it's quite unrelated really.
Personally, replacing Carrion Swarm with Mind Blast or adding DoT to it would be nice. EDIT: Even better: add 5% more to Vampiric touch, DoT to Carrion swarm and replace Infernal with Mind Blast - which is practically Finger of Pain, perhaps with less damage but far less CD.
Mal'Ganis

Level 3
Being heterosexual I only play on hard.

Mission 2: terrain still beautiful, gameplay still fun. I notice you blocked the bridge so l couldn't repair it, you clever git!
Here are my suggestions: Replace easy mode with medium, medium with hard, and here's what you do with the new hard map: Turn those few units guarding the ways into medium sized patrols, make them move around and through the villages and give a reward if you destroy most farms in a single village, zombies. Zombifying all of them could be a Optional Quest avaliable in all difficults. Upping the AI so they would fortify too, on hard mode, would be nice too.
Naval battles aren't fun in warcraft, reduce the number of enemy ships, or add x5 HP and a few skills for both - you could test your ideas for naval battles in here.
upload_2017-2-20_15-36-10.png
I notice this when my Meat Wagon couldn't pass, Why would you build a road and that structure, when here is a elevation in the way?
You did asked for nitpicking.

Mission 3: You madman, you actually did it. Makes me think, perhaps keeping that one as ultimate but it affects any unit, zombie strength depends of target's hitpoints, but l disgress. I notice the humans, specially knight, focus on killing the zombies but it changes little, the mission is too easy. Id' suggest up Malganis' abilities like I said above, give the zombies a small chance to resurrect, and up the humans' armor and damage to level 2 and 3 respectively.

The nobles could be scorted by 2 mages and have some abilities, like Critical Strike 1, Shild Bash(a nerfed, melee Hammer Bolt), Cleave 1, Dodge 1 or a free Holy Light 2. You doen't need to make them dead 'ard, it's just so it doesn't feel like killing a nobody.

That lich sounds neither like and orc much less a undead, l couldn't find a vid on the character talking to compare but that doesn't make it any better, really needs a 3rd quote when moving. You can probaly make it all better by using some voice effect. "Rage Winterchill" l know blizard make kid's games but, wew lad.

Who the hells use Death and Decay?
You could roid him up so he is more like his WoW version, Ice Nova, Frostbolt, Frost shield and a Death and Decay that does 15% max HP as damage(5% on allies) or Finger of Pain instead. And increase his int and strength of course.
Or If you want something original l got ideas: Carrion Bettle but with Skeletal Captains(stronger, more tanky version of skeletons, high armor, medium dmg, medium heal), Ice Storm (Ultimate, high damage Aoe Or a weaker version as primary skill), Darkblast(Same as Dark Arrow but with slowing effect like ice), Ice Aura (enemies will be slowed whem meleeing allies, +1,2,3 armor). Those could also be used for Thule. Wiki says he is particularly powerful in necromancy, so the Skeletal Captain one seems fitting. In fact,

Thule Raveclaw's abilities ideas:
Hex of Ravenclaw: reduces enemy damage by 15/20/25% and silenciates, increase caster's damage by same value and mana regen by 1/2/3. Lasts 20 secs.
Raise Minion: same as the Carion Bettle above, find a Raveclaw Champion model, the unit however name will be Hand of Raveclaw, it's only ability is Touch of ravenclaw, Autocast on attack, 10 seconds CD, it does bonus 15/20/25 damage, reduces enemy armor by 2/3/4 and stuns for 0.2 second.
Immolate: Similar to firebolt but with DoT instead of stun.
Summon Imp: there is a model for it in here, 200 HP, 6-12 ranged chaos, unarmored 0, 20% dodge, can cast Abolish Magic. Permanent, leveling greatly increases damage.
Demoniac Armor: Ultimate, passive, increases armor by 20, spell and magic resistance by 33%, and regeneration by 2 (or pehaps this could be a fifth ability?)
He starts at level 4, get him another model, edit a pike/halbedierman with a paladin head if you have to. Consider make him melee but with some range due to weapon, would go nicely with the minions.

Mission 4: Blizzard has shitty taste in music in addition to being lazy, consider add some BG music to make the moment all the better, something from Hatred or Doom 4 may be fitting but I strongly recommend THIS
You know how Archimonde leaves flamming footprints and blights the land when he walks? When he's level 7 add that.
Delicious, how I love being OP.

Mission 5: Since Malganis is high ranking in the Legion, how about keep the Infernal as a fifth ability? Having Mind Blast as Ultimate.
Too easy. You would expect the orcs tp value their Demoniac Gates, and also to be a lot more of them. Like in the undead mission.
It really doesn't look like those Hulks can Devour, if you want to give them a knack so much try Chain Lighting as they should have, passive chance to cast on attack perhaps.

Based Lord Garithos Savior of Mankind's base spawned as l was bulding in there, and l can use that fountain of mana to keep the skellingtons comming. Perhaps you should try making the map bigga and increase when the humies attack, so you have a orc ("orky" as dose gitz said in da cutscene) fortress defending, and a bigger human force attacking. Would also give space to already have be in there rather than spawming.
If you are going for something hard, get a second goldmine in the orc base and 2 more human AIs, possible with no heroes. And unlike jewzzard did, do remember Garithos has a necklace of magic immunity. Just saying.
Too damn easy, l was halfway done with the human base before the Pitlord came. And barely using the heroes, I always prefer to use the necromancers.

That second interlude was quite... simple.

Last edited:
Level 5
As discord said about the second interlude, it was indeed quite simple. While the campaign is taking back the focus on Mal'ganis, we didn't get that much with this one. It was nice to see Mal'ganis getting credit for what he has done, but it didn't bring that much to the table, maybe the dreadlords wanting to keep an eye on the the lich king's most valuable servent, and Mal'ganis accepts it gladly just so he can get some revenge on arthas. Don't know it's just a simple idea at the moment.

Level 29
As discord said about the second interlude, it was indeed quite simple. While the campaign is taking back the focus on Mal'ganis, we didn't get that much with this one. It was nice to see Mal'ganis getting credit for what he has done, but it didn't bring that much to the table, maybe the dreadlords wanting to keep an eye on the the lich king's most valuable servent, and Mal'ganis accepts it gladly just so he can get some revenge on arthas. Don't know it's just a simple idea at the moment.

Yeah, the campaign is good but the interludes are very short. There is almost no plot development or plot twists.

Last edited:
Level 29
so when will it be? until the full version was released?

The creator pretends to fix it once he releases the final map. For now, he wants us to review his maps to find mistakes and errors, in exchange of credits, and give ideas for new maps.

Last edited:
Level 5
Mission 4: Blizzard has shitty taste in music in addition to being lazy, consider add some BG music to make the moment all the better, something from Hatred or Doom 4 may be fitting but I strongly recommend THIS
You know how Archimonde leaves flamming footprints and blights the land when he walks? When he's level 7 add that.
Delicious, how I love being OP.

That song is perfect for that mission!!!

Level 3
It's up to you but maybe you could change the layout of the first and second chapter.

First Map:
-The starting base is in a narrow place and the path is full of tuskar villages, and Alliance forces, so how did they get there in the first place?
-The Liches are standing in the middle of the paths, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and the last one just happens to be protecting the portal that Mal'ganis wants to get to.
-Maybe you could change the portal and replace it with a rock fissure, that has a lot of fel energy, so that it looks like a scar that the Avatar of sargeras's made on the fight against Aewyn from many years ago, that still hasn't healed.
-You could add different paths to get the final objective to add replay value, one could be against fighting against humans and the other against undead.
-I'd change to a complete, adventure map, without the buildings to keep producing units.

Second map:
-Is far too big.
-The only way to get to the other side is thorugh the narrow path for sailing.
-Maybe add small bases that protect the bridge that connects the to southern and nothern lands of the map from both sides. Instead of just having a destroyed bridge in the middle.
-Add an optional quest where you put plague on a cargo that goes to the biggest base (the one closest to the Gilneas Wall), that turns all the villagers into zombies, so defeating it is easier
- The plague spread could come along with adding fire effects on doodad buildings, changing lordaeron tres for northerns ones too add more flavour.

That's all I can think of.

Level 29
It's up to you but maybe you could change the layout of the first and second chapter.

First Map:
-The starting base is in a narrow place and the path is full of tuskar villages, and Alliance forces, so how did they get there in the first place?

Given that Arthas was leading the Alliance, those humans were most likely hunting down undeads or protecting the flanks of the main army.

-You could add different paths to get the final objective to add replay value, one could be against fighting against humans and the other against undead.

That is actually a good idea.

Second map:
-Is far too big.

That is what she said.

And I prefer big maps, it is far more fun.

-Add an optional quest where you put plague on a cargo that goes to the biggest base (the one closest to the Gilneas Wall), that turns all the villagers into zombies, so defeating it is easier.

Yes, the lack of optional quests in this campaign unnerves me as well. Like in the third mission, we could raise gnolls so that they could form the Rot Hide Gnolls.

Also, the fourth chapter is far too simple and lacks imagination, since the map is the same as the last mission in Path of the Damned campaign. And the heroes' abilities are not very creative. I suggest the creator to go search Burning Legion lore or bosses in World of Warcraft to improve them.
By the way, are you going to put scenes with Kil'jaeden and Sargeras, like the Tomb of Sargeras patch trailer that just came out?

Level 3
The Alliance there make sense, unlike the undead base where Mal'ganis resurrects, is in a dead end, with no goldmine, and the only way to get there is through an intact Tuskar village.

Level 29
The Alliance there make sense, unlike the undead base where Mal'ganis resurrects, is in a dead end, with no goldmine, and the only way to get there is through an intact Tuskar village.

You got me there. Well, perharps making Mal'ganis appear near to an undead base and take control of it by killing the Lich King's servants? The map could have a cave nearby from where they could have come to attack the alliance?

Level 5
I guess the problem for the first map can be solved by just creating a burning Tuskar village behind the base or a little path where going that way triggers an event where Mal'ganis says that he is not to go backwards, because then his mission would be compromised, but only forward so that he would not risk letting the Lich King or Arthas know that he survived. Thats my 20 cents out there.

Level 5
Since Mal'Ganis is going to follow Arthas I suggest to give him an invisibility passive and some necromancy skill's or items to follow Arthas around and help him around while he is trying to reach Illidan. Sort of like what Thrall had to do with Carine.

Level 29
Since Mal'Ganis is going to follow Arthas I suggest to give him an invisibility passive and some necromancy skill's or items to follow Arthas around and help him around while he is trying to reach Illidan. Sort of like what Thrall had to do with Carine.

I agree. Perharps Mal'ganis and Winterchill get some demonic and satyr units?

Level 29
It would be a little better for it to be only Mal'ganis, because of the last cinematic map. But those demonic and satyr units would be something.

That is true. Mal'ganis could stalk Arthas, while defeating some night elves and Lich King's loyalists undeads on the way. He then finds out that Arthas suggested Illidan to steal the Skull of Gul'dan and kill Tichondrius. Mal'ganis then flees and warns Kil'jaeden. On the next mission, Winterchill supports Archimonde's attack on the World Tree but after Archimonde is killed, he is hunted down.

The story then focus only on Mal'ganis who is sent by Kil'jaeden to one of two options: a) return to Lordaeron and help Balnazzar or b) aid lllidan in attacking the Frozen Throne. If the creator decides to go to b), Mal'ganis flees after Illidan is defeated and goes with option a).

How can we become beta testers for this campaign?

Last edited:
Level 29
Simply by downloading the map, testing it ..giving feedback.. then I'll give you reputation and credits.

Upcoming Changes in the New Update:
-New Enemy Race: Tauren
-New Unit: Zombie
-New Upgrade/Ability: Zombie Explode

Will we use the zombies as suicide attacks against the taurens? What is the nature of the next mission: siege, assassination, annhialiation?

7TH UPDATE (4/4/2017)

~*LISBOAH special update*~

• 6th mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.
• As mentioned before, the map still lacks an AI, Decoration and Music which'll be fixed in the finalized version

ofiqhsU.jpg
N9H06qc.jpg

Last edited:
Level 29
7TH UPDATE (4/4/2017)

~*LISBOAH special update*~

• 6th mission is now up, remember to test, rate, give opinions (New map file available on first post) so help me spot bugs..etc.
• As mentioned before, the map still lacks an AI, Decoration and Music which'll be fixed in the finalized version

ofiqhsU.jpg
N9H06qc.jpg

I find the map too simplistic. I suggest researching about Kalimdor's geography, especially the area around Razorfen Downs.
I found this on Wowwiki:
''Amnennar sits atop the Spiral of thorns, a mountain of massive spiked vines infested with his undead minions around a brazier burning with cold flames.''

The zombies' descprition in the Crypt say that they can learn Zombie Explode, but it is not an upgrade but an ability they already possess right from the start. You should change to ''they can use Zombie Explode'' or put an upgrade.

Since the Bloodhoof tribe had, by this time, joined the Horde, you should make these tauren members of the Grimtotem tribe instead. They are far more agressive than the Bloodhoof.

Among the undeads (which should be named Amnennar's forces and not Arthas' since Arthas is not there) you could add undead quillboar and even Charlga Razorflank as a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.