1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Revenge of Mal'Ganis

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Zenonoth, Sep 29, 2016.

?

What shall I do for this Campaign?

1. Add more Heroes

22 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Add more Custom Imports

12 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Improve the Storyline

29 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. Improve the Terrains

14 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. All of the Above

60 vote(s)
    43.2%
  6. Call off this whole project

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Yousef

Yousef

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love to help, but I have to focus on studying, all I can do is to tell you this is awesome and I hope you finish it.

2. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Added some terrain fixes to first two missions, all thanks to the hardworking, yet master decorator joaquim98.. the 4th and 5th maps are under development.

3. PrinceYaser

PrinceYaser

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Very nice! I hope you finish it in the best way.

4. Morris

Morris

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know how the storyline will be but I liked what I saw,
    custom icons, skins and the terrain
    Heroes: I don't know who or if you will add more but Arthas,Tichondrius, Kil'jaeden or Archimonde must appear in the story
    terrain is great, just got a bit fuzzy on mission 2, I thought there was an alternate bridge or something instead of going nearly all around the isle to get my units there
    mission 1 is a bit hard but not for me ;), you could add 1 or 2 abominations to help tank a little and dps with nerubians. Also there is a confusing cinematic in chapter 1, when you reach the human base and the footmen talk and I'll quote by our fellow hiver
    just like what renegade said.
    oh it'll be great if you add custom abilities to Mal'ganis instead of his crappy originals and use QWERT keys for abilities its much better

5. renegade

renegade

Resources:
    Resources:
    The part with the footmen was already fixed. Custom abilities would really make for more interesting gameplay. Something demonic or etc.

6. Fruit Forest

Fruit Forest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. How many mission it would contain? I got 6th level in chapter 2, is it kinda wrong?
    2. You should add script that makes all group to attack a puller. I killed paladin near the crypt in chapter 2 using "body pull" - come closer, pull add and bring it one by one to my army. It's also a problem of other enemy groups.
    3. Is it for me or first gold mine has too much gold into it?

7. renegade

renegade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bump. Any update on the progress?

8. joaquim98

joaquim98

Resources:
    Resources:
    How is the progress Zenonoth, you have more maps for me to decorate :D?

9. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry for taking too long to finish the campaign, had to take a small vacation.. will resume making/releasing the new map tomorrow!

10. renegade

renegade

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. Gottfried

Gottfried

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well... I played with your maps. I can tell, that is above bad or forgettable. (Only above forgettable, that Mal'Ganis had a really 60's cheap european sound)

I also supports this idea.
    I also mention, that the necromancer's voice are quite sloppy too... :( If you can not find skilled voice actors, then make just subtitles and seek a decent soundtrack. (Which helps the audience)
    The first map is quite simple, (I encourage you to seek a terrainer) all I had to do, to run through the map and hire mercenaries for the later parts. I just cast Sleep on the Lich in the end and run to the target object.
    The Second map is bad, sorry. :( I mean... the lazy terrain making, if you want, I remake the terrain for you. Not only the terrain, but the units and the bases are placed like a child's first map. :/ The only exception, that the orange player (villagers), they are somewhere fit in the terrain. I also found a substandard/too simple map cliché, when it needed to use ships, it happening on the map's (western/eastern) end and the watery way is guarded by ships.
    I do not finished the dragon quest in the first map, so I not able to rate it.
    The quests are anyway simple and working. The unit icons are beautiful. The AI's average
    I hope I can finish this campaign and will write a fair review it (just like in the old times - summer).

Bonus idea: In second map you should get more begin units, but you are quite low in resources, so you have to take the purple base by yourself. (You have also 3 acolytes in the beginning) In 2nd map, I was able to build a small bastion before the human base and slowly conquer the whole purple base.
    Short overall: Find a terrainer, and a fair voice actor.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  12. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1-I cannot satisfy an American taste of voice acting, people demand money to voice act nowadays, I can change the pitch so it's tolerable but not to that great extent.
    2-Strange since most people complain that the first map is hard, but anyways difficulties will be added later on, this is just a very early BETA version of each map.
    3-As I said above the maps are in very early BETA stage, the terrain is simple because it's raw and will be send to terrainers to decorate it.
    4-Will be sure to change that part.
    5-I'm definitely trying my best to stick to the original storyline

Overall, thanks for testing, +Rep.. will add some necessary changes next update.

13. Gottfried

Gottfried

Resources:
    Resources:
    I never said, that I am from America, though I already wrote to a person here in Hive, who interested in voice acting.
    Not only to decorate, but re-create it, I already begun to make you a High-quality silverpine map for 2nd map. (It is not finished)

14. B22

B22

Resources:
    Resources:
    At first I thought that this campaign will be something good. But it is not.
    The storyline and the scenario is boring. And the voice acting makes it far more worse. It is clear that all of the are voice acted by single person and you didn't even bother to change your tone, I skipped most of the cinematics due to this.
    The maps are not too bad, but it is still too simple. And there has been some lore mistakes, but that doesn't really matter though.
    What I dislike most is that you filled the file size with some useless custom made icons that used portraits for undead units instead of using a custom models to make them look more beautiful. Besides that everything is ok, but the campaign will need more fixes.
    I will be looking up to this project, and I hope your creative side will be shown more.

15. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @B22 once again, voice actors are not that easy to find they require much money which unfortunately I don't have at the moment, hence is why I have only 2.

The maps are in very very early BETA stage
    , I'm only uploading it not for the purpose of judging it as a full/prepared campaign map but for rather testing it for bugs.

Expect all problems with terrain/models/gameplay to be fixed in the final version.

16. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    why voice actor?

17. Gottfried

Gottfried

Resources:
    Resources:
    Voices are improving the game...

18. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    now i see why voice is important... the terrain is good for me i think... malganis skin is just weird for me or not, cuz his wing is dark colored at below. when the custom song is played at the menu of the chapter, it played with Frozen Throne song, not like some campaign i played

19. Rence Kristoff

Rence Kristoff

Resources:
    Resources:
    Subbing, and open for testing once more maps come out.

20. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am pretty big lore nerd, if you have some questions, just ask. Also, why is everyone obsessed with changing everything from WC3 WE? Custom Arthas model, skin for Mal'Ganis, some stupid icons for units... I just don't get it...

Also, not really a big fan of voiceacting. Saw it once, in Turnro's campaign, and it was pretty awful. If you don't have top-notch voice actors (I doubt so), just don't bother wasting your time with it. It would be better if you spend that time on making another map or campaign!