• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] A Vision of Hope and Destruction

What do you think of the Story?

• Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not bad, needs some improvements.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11

2rcq4jr.png

[r]

lordaeron_knighthood2.png

When the time is right, the paladin's greatest test will begin, his decision will save or doom this kingdom, and he, only he, will be able to save the kingdom from the darkness that will fall upon this land in its darkest hours, and this story begins with Merek, a noble human warrior that fought for his people in the second war.

Chars.png

[td]
human_footman_by_ancientsources_d62dmdt.jpg
The_faces_of_Arthas_by_Legzie.jpg
uther_the_lightbringer_by_mr_jack_d7d0ipt.jpg
i_am_kel_thuzad_by_thewarlock66_d5wjmyc.jpg
Mal_Ganis.jpg
Merek is a warrior from the Lordaeron army, he used to fight for the Alliance and the mankind in the second war. He retired but with the new thread that is rising, will he be able to defend his people and his kingdom? Arthas Menethil , Crown Prince of Lordaeron and Knight of the Silver Hand, is the son of King Terenas Menethil and heir to the throne. He is being trained as a paladin by Uther the Lightbringer, and has a romantic relationship with the kind sorceress Jaina Proudmoore.

[tr]

Uther the Lightbringer is the first paladin of the Knights of the Silver Hand who led his Order in battle against the Horde during the Second war. For his deeds Turalyon named him The Lightbringer.

[tr]

Kel'Thuzad is the founder of the Cult of the Damned and one of the principal agents of the Lich King responsible for the spreading of the plague of undeath across Lordaeron.
[tr]

Mal'Ganis is one of the nathrezim sent by Archimonde as a jailor of the Lich King. He was chosen to head up the plot to turn Prince Arthas to darkness, and make him the Lich King's greatest champion.
[tr]

And many other characters: Jaina, Antonidas, Sylvanas and others!

Screenshots.png

208331-albums7972-picture94820.png

208331-albums7972-picture94821.png

208331-albums7972-picture96043.jpg

Prog.png

Green is done.
Yellow is in progress.
Red is no progress.

Chapter One - Back to Work - 100%
Chapter Two - The Defence of Stranbrad - 20%
Chapter Three - Romurs of the Plague - 0%
Interlude One - A Gift - 0%
Chapter Four - The Cult of the Damned - 0%
Chapter Five - March of the Scourge - 0%
Interlude Two - The Culling of Stratholme - 0%

More to come!

Special thanks to Forsaken for making me this beautiful thread!

[/TD]

Last edited:
Level 11
Somebody was busy preparing surprises around ;D
That was kind of awkward when I accidentally pressed "Submit Thread" and I was like "Oh Sheeeet" I had to make the thread fast.

EDIT: Don't mind the undead's fingers in the first pic, he lost them in the battlefield. xD

Last edited:
Level 11
@Lightstrider: There might be a custom female hero at Quel'Thalas.
@Sclammerz: All thanks go to Forsaken, just dont mind the ubdead's fingers.
The story itself will be at the time when the plague started, you will decide the fate of Lordaeron srsly.

Level 11
In case you didn't understand what the "Story" means, at some point of the campaign, you will have a choice, help Arthas or leave him, if you left him you will be good and get a new spells, if you helped him you will be evil and at some point after you will become a death knight.

Level 3
It is sad that you'd have to kill the custom hero if I have to be evil to visit Quel'thalas, I am a pro- High elf, very strict.. I do hope he can save her or something. either way, I hope you'd finish it at some point.

Level 11
It is sad that you'd have to kill the custom hero if I have to be evil to visit Quel'thalas, I am a pro- High elf, very strict.. I do hope he can save her or something. either way, I hope you'd finish it at some point.
I'm not planning on quitting it baby, also to balance things out Quel'Thalas and Alex will be on both paths, both sides will experience same places but from other perspectives.

Also the progress is updated with the chapters' names.

Level 20
So the camping is fan made lore that branches from the main WC RoC lore.I always loved this fan made lore thingys :p.

Well this thread is a little old.You have putted project on an hiatsu or givin up on it ?

Level 11
So the camping is fan made lore that branches from the main WC RoC lore.I always loved this fan made lore thingys :p.

Well this thread is a little old.You have putted project on an hiatus or givin up on it ?
It is the main story but a little fan made thingys well, many but it still tells the main story in a different way, also what do you mean by old? I'm not giving up on it.

Level 20
It is the main story but a little fan made thingys well, many but it still tells the main story in a different way, also what do you mean by old? I'm not giving up on it.
My brain went into a retared mod...I saw you're joining date and thought it was the date the thread was posted. :p Mistake by my side...

Level 11
Sorry for the double post, just wanted to let you know that I'm making little progress because of school, so you might not see me in the next days.

Level 6
Yep, you will be its savior or its destroyer.
And the High Elves will remain High Elves if I chose to save them?

That would be so cool lorewise !

Face the wrath of the Quel'dorei !

Well I hope we get to control the HE this their defence against the Scourge onslaught.

Maybe I`m getting too excited about this but what the hell, I guess you can use the standard BE buildings for a generic HE faction but the Farstriders can be a nice subfaction and Footman 16 has some nice buildings that could fit for a Farstrider faction in the event you consider implementing such a thing.

Level 11
And the High Elves will remain High Elves if I chose to save them?

That would be so cool lorewise !

Face the wrath of the Quel'dorei !

Well I hope we get to control the HE this their defence against the Scourge onslaught.

Maybe I`m getting too excited about this but what the hell, I guess you can use the standard BE buildings for a generic HE faction but the Farstriders can be a nice subfaction and Footman 16 has some nice buildings that could fit for a Farstrider faction in the event you consider implementing such a thing.
I don't want to give so much spoilers but time will tell you, I wont, you won't control the HE, maybe in a chapter.
If I would use custom buildings for HE (and I will) it will be the BE buildings by SinisterX.

Neat layout. Really neat.

The story should be expanded though :p terrain could use some work too I think.
Well then, I think Forsaken should improve his terrain xD, the story will expand in an update, the update will tell about the invasion of Quel'Thalas, the Scarlet Crusade, might even make a sequal that tells the story of WotLK but Tomo did CotF so I don't think so.

Level 12
Looks like a good project , people like silver hands things these days . Good luck !

Level 11
Oh, don't you dare think this project is dead!

It was never dead and will never be dead, to kill the sha of doubt inside you here is a screenshot!

208331-albums7972-picture96043.jpg

And in this post, I will reveal the names of the next 2 chapters of the evil path:

EVIL
Chapter 6: The Last Stand.
Chapter 7: Fall of the Capital.

There will be atleast 10 chapters for each side (including the first five chapters).

Level 11
Then get Taran Zhu to help us xD, Nice screen shot:goblin_boom:
Lol, I already purged the sha inside of you using the powers of the greatest paladin in the world and the screenshot, you know what I mean weakling. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.