• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] An RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

An RPG

Introduction
This project will feature ;
-rpg - like movement system
-turn based combat system
-warcraft atmosphere
-0 icons :p
It will have lots of bosses and many different enemies. It'll be a big project which I will most likely work as an on - off - project (that's how I do all of my projects). Since the game will take long to finish, I will make couple of cinematics as a series of filler episodes about happenings before the RPG.

I have other project too - Denial Series - which are on pause as I have greater interest in this project atm. I'm interested to see how well I can execute the combat system :)

Story in short
Story of the RPG is around Daryl and Kontu, who learned their skills from a legendary user of god art - Merek. Merek later on lost his mind and ended up dying by Kontu's sword. Merek was a special kind of human, he was sleeping an eternal dream - amongst many others - which lasted for hundreds of years as he wielded power too great for civilization to handle; he could've sliced earth in half in his final form. Merek was taught by the inventor of chi - power which surpassed mana. The other student which learned by Merek was name Wrathyl, he escaped civilization after losing to Merek. Wrathyl is still to be seen until these days, hundreds of years after his disappearing. Third of the final students of Merek was named Mango he too disappeared civilization seeking for greater source of power.

Visualized filler cinematics about the story coming soon (tm)

Progress
Systems

Movement
20%

Combat
0%

Terrain
1%

Profiles
1%

Cinematics

e1
100%

e2
20%

TBD

Maps

e1
0%

TBD

Schedule
Expect cinematics soon (cinematics wont be HQ, they're just to tell the story in visualized way). Expect part 1 of the RPG in 1 to 3 years (I'm lazy).

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Project is on pause atm because of school taking my energy >_< if I can keep up to the schedule I'll upload two first filler episodes this weekend.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

^Thanks!

About the name, it's temporary. I've never got the people who make tons of graphics and a cool name for a project they're gonna abandon. It's like you should name your school essay/book review/etc. AFTER you've finished it. Content first... BUT, if that's the order some people want to make their work, go ahead I won't hit anyone for that..

About content; the first filler episode is available here;
View attachment PreRPGe1.w3x (3:36, 12MB, introduced; creator, prophet)

As a disclaimer; it's non-optimized / unprotected and doesn't represent the quality of the actual RPG. It is meant to tell you the story visually before the time of Merek's great three students.

About the school; it will DEFINITELY take my time on weekdays. I don't know about weekends, because I have other things to do than hang around with my pc atm. But I will get nerdier to the winter, trust me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.