• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Fall of Quel'thalas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
ThreadBanner.jpg

StoryBanner.jpg

Trolls are recently attacking many high elven towns and cities around Quel'thalas, and also uses dead elves as sacrifices! Now, the Ranger-General, Sylvanas Windrunner came to stop them and their horrible ways. Some trolls are even attacking the Elfgates, but they are easily defeated. Lately, some of them allied themselves to some elves, to have "protection" from evil creatures lurking in the shadows. The Farstriders investigated the forests, and found out that the evil creatures were the undead, lead by the Prince of Lordaeron, Arthas Menethil. The undead's objective was to reach the Sunwell to revive the necromancer, Kel'thuzad. The undead invasion may fail, but also can lead to the Fall of Quel'thalas....

CharactersBanner.jpg

Sylvanas Windrunner:

The Ranger-General of the High Elves.
She swore to protect their beloved home in any costs.
Her powerful skills in archery defeated many orcs, ogres, trolls and many more.
In this war, Will her archery skill save her home?

Lor'themar Theron:

Chief Commander of the Farstriders.
No troll have ever defeated him in battle.
He is proved to be a great ranger in the Second War.
Will he prove his skills again like he did long ago?

Anasterian Sunstrider:

King of the High Elves.
He was a descendant of King Dath'Remar Sunstrider who was the founder of Quel'thalas.
He defended and ruled Quel'thalas for many years, and he became a good king to his people.
Can he still defend his people from the evil undead?

ProgressBanner.jpg

Chapter 1 - Axes to Grind - 73%
Chapter 2 - A Long Road - 15%

Interlude - Meeting at the Woods - 0%
Chapter 3 - Troll Problem - 0%
Chapter 4 - Defense of the Elfgate - 0%
Chapter 5 - Horrors and Mysteries - 0%
Interlude - Glory to the Quel'dorei - 0%
Chapter 6 - Damages of the Plague - 0%
Chapter 7 - Siege of Slvermoon - 0%
Finale - Fate of the Elves - 0%

ScreenshotsBanner.jpg

[r]

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Special Thanks:
-Forsaken-For the thread pattern!
-Footman16-For the Campaign Minimap!
-genin32-For the Campaign Minimap too!
Models:
-Ujimasa Hojo-High Elf Buildings
-Cavman-Dire Troll

Last edited:
Level 25
Last edited:
Reactions: Yrk
Level 25
Oh, it's really good! A High Elf campaign, sounds amazing,my favorite race!xD
Can wait to see the screenshots, about your terrain, will you use like Blizzard's ones, or no cliffs?

Good Luck!

Thanks for the good luck(again)!

I'm starting to learn to understand alien-like triggers and completing this one will make my next campaign easier :) Right now, I can't post screenshots, I can't take some, but tomorrow maybe I can try to do some things. Also, It will use Blizzy Cliffs, they make the terrain ugly but will make gameplay better. Also, Good Luck too!

Level 30
Looks interesting sadly there's not much to point out (but I liked the story to be honest, let's see how it will unfold) so I just do hope you can release some screenshots and updates. Good luck!

As for the blizzard cliffs = looks bad to many but I think it all depends on how you place it and such.

Level 10
I'm fine with cliffs, they're not nice nor ugly for me.
Even though I don't like Elven races that much, I might stick around this thread for awhile.
Good luck mate.

Level 30
Looks decent but could have been better. The tile variation seems to involve only two tiles and they don't go with each other much. Those lily pads if I am right looks too spammed as well, I would suggest lessening those. There could have been more environmental doodads to this but those Dalaran structures are pretty good I must say.

Good luck, this is for my first terrain criticism here on the project.

Level 23
Looks decent but could have been better. The tile variation seems to involve only two tiles and they don't go with each other much. Those lily pads if I am right looks too spammed as well, I would suggest lessening those. There could have been more environmental doodads to this but those Dalaran structures are pretty good I must say.

Good luck, this is for my first terrain criticism here on the project.

Thanks, yea, i just see that after i posted the screenshot, but i just fix and edited the screenshot there. :)

Level 25
The First terrain screenshot!

wqriqh.jpg

Hope you like! :)

Love it! But, can I edit it a bit?

hahaha, made my day! omg such a perfect smily.

Same lol.

Looks interesting sadly there's not much to point out (but I liked the story to be honest, let's see how it will unfold) so I just do hope you can release some screenshots and updates. Good luck!

As for the blizzard cliffs = looks bad to many but I think it all depends on how you place it and such.

Thanks! And more updates are coming very soon! Also, I agree :)

I'm fine with cliffs, they're not nice nor ugly for me.
Even though I don't like Elven races that much, I might stick around this thread for awhile.
Good luck mate.

Same too, I don't like BE that much but I like NE a bit and HE a lot. Thanks!

That is a good campaigne.I hope it will finish very fast

Thanks! Maybe I'll work faster?

Level 23
Not really fond of blizzard cliff but the first terrain composition looked good, your terraining sure are getting better and better!

Seeing "living" Sylvanas on playable character list made me wanted to try this out. :)

Thank you!

@forsaken you can use more grass than stone. That would make the terrain look more neat.

Ok, thank you! I will updated it when i get the campaign again. :)

Seeing as this is a campaign I assume the default gameplay constants will be used, yes?
If that is the case I can totally see why you use Blizzard cliffs because that will utilize LoS and lower cliff level miss chance.

For the project in whole it seems really interesting.

Chenralstrasz can answer you better, but I believe yes.

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Level 25
Pretty good, given the fact that it includes Blizz cliffs. Great job guys.

Thanks!

Not really fond of blizzard cliff but the first terrain composition looked good, your terraining sure are getting better and better!

Isn't it suppose to be "her"?
Seeing "living" Sylvanas on playable character list made me wanted to try this out. :)

Forsaken is very good in terraining, that's why I love him (really, even were both males). Thanks too, and Sylvanas will be a bit different, but will be as bitchy as the undead one sometimes :)

@forsaken you can use more grass than stone. That would make the terrain look more neat.

Thanks! Cake(not rep!) please?

Seeing as this is a campaign I assume the default gameplay constants will be used, yes?
If that is the case I can totally see why you use Blizzard cliffs because that will utilize LoS and lower cliff level miss chance.

For the project in whole it seems really interesting.

Thanks! What is LoS? Also, gameplay will be improved a bit.

Ok, thank you! I will updated it when i get the campaign again. :)

I'll send you the next version soon, also, I need help in triggers. Thanks!

To everyone, sorry for the slow progress, It's my internet connection's fault, but thanks for comments. More progress and updates will come very soon.

Level 11
lol I love this terrain, you keep the magical effect without removing the forest aspect. It's wonderful.
I think you could use 67chrome's skins for this campaign, they might fit it well.

EDIT: You know, you could update the Screenshot section of the thread...

Level 30
Oh hey, didn't see that screenshot you released yesterday as far as I know. The terrain looks actually in that view but I'm still with the case on lessening those pond (I think those are one) and maybe place some little amount of grass in it. Try making some little 'breaks' in the path as well and maybe a very little amount of doodad in it.

That's for my feedback! Hope the project's doing well.

Level 25
Oh hey, didn't see that screenshot you released yesterday as far as I know. The terrain looks actually in that view but I'm still with the case on lessening those pond (I think those are one) and maybe place some little amount of grass in it. Try making some little 'breaks' in the path as well and maybe a very little amount of doodad in it.

That's for my feedback! Hope the project's doing well.

Thanks! We will try to make the terrain more beautiful in the next updates :)

Also adding to what Hell_Master said, don't overdo it with special effects doodads guys or it will look cramped/stuffed. Good luck Chen:)

Thanks too Hinbunny!

Level 25
Btw, what is Alleria's skillset?

Do you mean Sylvanas? Well, there are many ideas I can't decide but she will have an ability that will be important in a certain chapter. It's Shadow Walk. She will become invisible and will move faster but I'm thinking for more things to it. Even you can give ideas :)

BTW, Sorry, but Lor'themar won't be playable, oops, he can be but for just some chapters since he was a ranger too with same abilities with Sylvanas. So, I'm thinking of a Third Hero after Anasterain and Sylvanas. And, here's a WIP on Anasterian's model:

Anasterian.jpg

Last edited:
Oh shit lol. I'm drunk everyday. >.<

Hm, DotA ability structure?

[Q] - Fettershot
Shoots an arrow in a straight line that deals damage and roots the first enemy it hits.

[W] - Cold Arrows
Applies a cold touch to Sylvanas' attacks and spells when toggled, but consumes mana per second. Slows and deals more damage.

[E] - Swingshot
Sylvanas fires an arrow with a rope towards a location. If it hits a building/debris Sylvanas dashes to the object's location. If it hits a tree however it consumes the tree as well. Units passed through by the initial shoot get Cold Arrows in case it is on.

[R] - (?)
I'll leave the ultimate to you.

Level 25
Oh shit lol. I'm drunk everyday. >.<

Hm, DotA ability structure?

[Q] - Fettershot
Shoots an arrow in a straight line that deals damage and roots the first enemy it hits.

[W] - Cold Arrows
Applies a cold touch to Sylvanas' attacks and spells when toggled, but consumes mana per second. Slows and deals more damage.

[E] - Swingshot
Sylvanas fires an arrow with a rope towards a location. If it hits a building/debris Sylvanas dashes to the object's location. If it hits a tree however it consumes the tree as well. Units passed through by the initial shoot get Cold Arrows in case it is on.

[R] - (?)
I'll leave the ultimate to you.

Hmm...I'll think 'bout it.

Make Anasterian slimmer please. Elves duhh

Kay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.