• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quel'Thalas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
View attachment 8626Quel'Thalas

:spell_breaker:

Maker: Rage321

This map is a slight mod on Warcraft III, mainly on the human race and nuetral heroes. It changes the human race to Blood Elves, giving them different heroes, except for Blood Mage, and changing the units to more Blood Elf appropraite units and buildings. Possibly other maps later, featuring other arces and heroes, etc. Explore Quel'Thalas, Zul'Aman, and the Sunwell Plateau.

New Heroes

Human (Blood Elf)

Blood Knight
These blood elves have seized the power of the Naaru for their own uses, twisting the honorable role as a Paladin. Using mystical rune swords and massive shields, these knigts charge into battle, using their twisted powers and destroying in the name of their people.

Abilities: Life Drain, Blood Strength, Divine Shield, and Divine Knight

Strength Hero

Enchantress
These powerful sorceresses use their powers against their enemies and for the good of Quel'Thalas. Born with an innate sense for magic, they use this to their advantage, bringing devastation to the battlefield.

Abilites: Teleportation, Phoenix Flame, Force Field, and Netherstorm

Intelligence Hero

Ranger
These agile warriors defend Quel'Thalas from enemies. The Rangers are an elite caste of Archers that use druidic magic to call upon the wilds to defend themselves. Sneaking through the wild, these female warriors bring fears to their enemies.

Abilites: Flurry, Poison Arrows, Trueshot Aura, and Guardian of the Glade

Agility Hero

Night Elf

Assasin
These brave Wardens have shed their role as prison guards to become full-fledged assasins. Used by the Kal'dorei to try and destroy the magical brethren, the blood elves, these warriors lead their troops into battle against the forcs of the Sin'Dorei, and any that oppose them.

Abilites: Siphon Mana, Fan of Knives, Throns Aura, and Charm

Agile Hero

Neutral

War Mage
Seeing the damage the Scourge and the Sin'Dorei have done to Quel'Thalas, these mystical warriors of the High Elves have returned.

Abilities: Arcane Wisdom, Curse of the Silent, Chain Lightning, and Ethereal Essence

Intelligence Hero

Voodoo Hunter
These wily, greedy Trolls use their minds as weapons against the enemies of their employer. Hatred of the Sin'Dorei and the Scourge have brought these trolls out of the shadows of Zul'Aman to wield their minds agaisnt their enemies.

Abilities: Mind Shackles, Poisoned Soul, Skull Tap, and Mental War

Agility Hero

Warlord
These powerful Forest Trolls have left Zul'Aman out of bloodlust.

Abilites: Fervor, Bash, Hex, and Voodoo Spirits

Strength Hero

Shadow Weaver
These souls of the damned roam the world, bringing chaos. These are the High Elves that were killed when Quel'Thalas fell, but not brought back as servants for the Scourge. These spirits have remained bound to this world out of revenge.

Abilities: Unholy Aura, Shadow Walk, Mirror Image, and Shadow Weave

Progress
I have used many imported models, from such fine modelers as Dmitry Rommel, SinisterX, Celestea, Armel, Tenebis, and General Frank, as well as spells from El Burrito and Shamanruler.

Concept: COMPLETE
Implementing: COMPLETE
Testing: IN PROGRESS

:spell_breaker:

update: added screenshots!

1: Some towers and a statue
2: A graveyard in the Ghostlands
3: Zul'Aman
4: A village in Eversong
5: the Dead Scar
6: Another graveyard, but with ghosts!
7: A village in Zul'Aman

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.jpg
    Screenshot 1.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 535
  • Screenshot 2.jpg
    Screenshot 2.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 429
  • Screenshot 3.jpg
    Screenshot 3.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 1,348
  • Screenshot 4.jpg
    Screenshot 4.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 1,374
  • Screenshot 5.jpg
    Screenshot 5.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 590
  • Screenshot 6.jpg
    Screenshot 6.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 391
  • Screenshot 7.jpg
    Screenshot 7.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 379
  • Quel'Thalas.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Level 9
Downloading it now, I'll give my rate of it when I've played it.

**EDIT**

Ok, these are a few errors I noticed on one run.

1. It says "Train Hawktrider", I think you meant Hawkstrider?
2. There's alot of green icons whilst you upgrade or don't meet the required requirements.
3. When I upgraded "Improved Masonry", I got a red portrait background on the building for the rest of the game.
4. "Phoenix Flame's" buff says "Rain of Fire", and not "Phoenix Flame".
5. The spell "Teleportation's" third level in the learn section says "Level 3 - 1 second cooldown, 10 ma", missing "na" at the end.
6. Poison Arrows doesn't cost mana.
7. Hostile mobs had random angles. At some places there was too many high level mobs guarding gold mines.
8. The Tavern at the northeast corner is bad placed.
9. The Workshop doesn't allow any upgrades on the Ballista.

Last edited:
Level 3
Just a couple of small things with it, nothing bad though, i liked it alot when it was tested

Fix the Enchantress Teleportation tooltip. It says it takes 50 mana and a 10 second cooldown on the tooltip, but it has a longer cooldown than that.

Other than that, maybe add a couple more creeps? Like add in a actual Zul'Aman (use your imagination i guess heh) or a large troll area, etc.

Other than that maybe a little more ground texture and i think you really have a good map going here, nice job so far :)

Level 9
Don't double post. There's an Edit button.

Maybe you could put a thief/rogue like blood elf at the tavern?

Level 3
id suggest putting custum heros in the tavern, and like i said before have like events, large bosses like deatholme maybe? and other cool, exciting stuff

Level 4
minor point-if it's qeulthalas then they're high elves. all the blood elves are in draenor. ALL
downloading now
edit: okay, i've played it. the rain of fire thing is still there. but hawkstriders are fixed. eagle riders have a flak cannon upgrade-wtf?

Last edited:
Level 3
minor point-if it's qeulthalas then they're high elves. all the blood elves are in draenor. ALL
downloading now

the high elves were slain from arthas's scourge. And if you read the lore it states that the remaining high elves/elves in general named themselves the blood elves

WowWiki.com said:
The blood elves, or sin'dorei ("Children of the Blood" in Thalassian), are a race composed of former high elves who renamed themselves in honor of their people that were killed during the siege of Quel'Thalas by the Scourge during the Third War. The blood elves of Azeroth have joined the Horde in the Burning Crusade expansion, seeking to reunite with Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider in Outland. Their capital is Silvermoon City situated in the Eversong Woods, the heart of their reclaimed and restored homeland.

Level 4
the high elves were slain from arthas's scourge. And if you read the lore it states that the remaining high elves/elves in general named themselves the blood elves

WoW lore is nothing...it's spawn of satan/thrall... both equally evil
WoW has no lore.

Level 18
Blood Elves are not all in Outland
Back to the map though
Two words for you:Custom abilties
All the heroes have mostly abilities from other heroes
That= lame
And make the elves one type! You got high elves and blood elves in there!

Level 3
update!

Shadow Weaver (Agile Hero)
These former rangers had the tenacity to stay in this life as spirits, using the powers of darkness against their enemies.

Abilites: Flurry, Unholy Aura, Shadow Walk, and Shadow Weave

also added some abilities to other heroes and more doodads, fixed a few things also.

edit: I am thinking possibly of changing the Shadow Weaver to some kind of Revenant or different ghost, seems to much like Dark Ranger right now.

Level 3
i want to see this map get really good! its a great idea, like before, make alot more like custum abilities even for the wc3 heros. and maybe add in world bosses that have custum items and such

Level 18
Just checked the update
But I still think you should sort the hero models and buildings more
Some models do not have portraits
Some buildings have problems with them
There are high elves and blood elves STILL mixed together
Consolidate it all to Blood Elves

Level 2
Hi, decent map.
The terrain isn't very interesting, add more doodads and make it so it isn't flat.

PS Where did you get all the models for the elven buildings? I would love them for my campaign.

Level 3
i see this map is moving right along well. only suggestion now is perhaps to make the terrain is little better. there are a good amount of doodads, but add in small forests, enviorment doodads and cliff heights

also weather effects and more interesting creeps instead of murlocs, which arent in northern lordaeron that much

Level 9
There is room for alot of improvements yet to come regarding the terraining.

1. You need alot more tile variation.
2. Make good use of the raise/lower tool on the terrain, but don't overdo it.
3. Some areas are still empty. Fill them with some doodads that are appropiate for that specific area.
4. Don't make roads that are made of one straight line. Make it look more realistic.

The Dead Scar is not straight. And it's really bumpy at some parts. It is higher up at the ghostlands and starts lowering down more as it goes closer it Silvermoon.

Zul'Aman paths are really straight in your map, it looks un-realistic, and Zul'Aman looks like Zul'Gurub but in more of a Eversong/Lordaeron Style.

You could use some more doodads in most areas too.

Anyways I love the idea. It's cool and I think with some editing it will become really good. Good luck

Okay I saw the Update. You need some more Doodads still, the Sunwell Plateau needs stone ground not dirt. Zul'Aman is looking better but you need more Troll Huts to make it look more populated. The Undead attack too soon, and the Blood Elf buildings are High Elf not Blood Elf.

Remember guys, you don't need it to be the same as WoW. If you look at the Booty Bay map in Wc3 you can see everything is different but the fact that there is water surrounding the entire place.
- So my conclusion is that Zul'Aman doesn't have to be perfect.

Well your Map is coming along well and I think It could still use some improvment. But anyways good job keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.