• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Revenge of Mal'Ganis

What shall I do for this Campaign?

• Add more Heroes

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Add more Custom Imports

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Improve the Storyline

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Improve the Terrains

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • Call off this whole project

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well... I played with your maps. I can tell, that is above bad or forgettable. (Only above forgettable, that Mal'Ganis had a really 60's cheap european sound)

What I mean is, you can make it go along with the original storyline.
I also supports this idea.
I also mention, that the necromancer's voice are quite sloppy too... :( If you can not find skilled voice actors, then make just subtitles and seek a decent soundtrack. (Which helps the audience)
The first map is quite simple, (I encourage you to seek a terrainer) all I had to do, to run through the map and hire mercenaries for the later parts. I just cast Sleep on the Lich in the end and run to the target object.
The Second map is bad, sorry. :( I mean... the lazy terrain making, if you want, I remake the terrain for you. Not only the terrain, but the units and the bases are placed like a child's first map. :/ The only exception, that the orange player (villagers), they are somewhere fit in the terrain. I also found a substandard/too simple map cliché, when it needed to use ships, it happening on the map's (western/eastern) end and the watery way is guarded by ships.
I do not finished the dragon quest in the first map, so I not able to rate it.
The quests are anyway simple and working. The unit icons are beautiful. The AI's average
I hope I can finish this campaign and will write a fair review it (just like in the old times - summer).

Bonus idea: In second map you should get more begin units, but you are quite low in resources, so you have to take the purple base by yourself. (You have also 3 acolytes in the beginning) In 2nd map, I was able to build a small bastion before the human base and slowly conquer the whole purple base.
Short overall: Find a terrainer, and a fair voice actor.

Last edited:
1-I cannot satisfy an American taste of voice acting, people demand money to voice act nowadays, I can change the pitch so it's tolerable but not to that great extent.
2-Strange since most people complain that the first map is hard, but anyways difficulties will be added later on, this is just a very early BETA version of each map.
3-As I said above the maps are in very early BETA stage, the terrain is simple because it's raw and will be send to terrainers to decorate it.
4-Will be sure to change that part.
5-I'm definitely trying my best to stick to the original storyline

Overall, thanks for testing, +Rep.. will add some necessary changes next update.

Level 8
1-I cannot satisfy an American taste of voice acting, people demand money to voice act nowadays, I can change the pitch so it's tolerable but not to that great extent.
I never said, that I am from America, though I already wrote to a person here in Hive, who interested in voice acting.
As I said above the maps are in very early BETA stage, the terrain is simple because it's raw and will be send to terrainers to decorate it.
Not only to decorate, but re-create it, I already begun to make you a High-quality silverpine map for 2nd map. (It is not finished)

B22

B22

Level 6
At first I thought that this campaign will be something good. But it is not.
The storyline and the scenario is boring. And the voice acting makes it far more worse. It is clear that all of the are voice acted by single person and you didn't even bother to change your tone, I skipped most of the cinematics due to this.
The maps are not too bad, but it is still too simple. And there has been some lore mistakes, but that doesn't really matter though.
What I dislike most is that you filled the file size with some useless custom made icons that used portraits for undead units instead of using a custom models to make them look more beautiful. Besides that everything is ok, but the campaign will need more fixes.
I will be looking up to this project, and I hope your creative side will be shown more.

@B22 once again, voice actors are not that easy to find they require much money which unfortunately I don't have at the moment, hence is why I have only 2.

The maps are in very very early BETA stage
, I'm only uploading it not for the purpose of judging it as a full/prepared campaign map but for rather testing it for bugs.

Expect all problems with terrain/models/gameplay to be fixed in the final version.

Level 18
now i see why voice is important... the terrain is good for me i think... malganis skin is just weird for me or not, cuz his wing is dark colored at below. when the custom song is played at the menu of the chapter, it played with Frozen Throne song, not like some campaign i played

Level 15
I am pretty big lore nerd, if you have some questions, just ask. Also, why is everyone obsessed with changing everything from WC3 WE? Custom Arthas model, skin for Mal'Ganis, some stupid icons for units... I just don't get it...

Also, not really a big fan of voiceacting. Saw it once, in Turnro's campaign, and it was pretty awful. If you don't have top-notch voice actors (I doubt so), just don't bother wasting your time with it. It would be better if you spend that time on making another map or campaign!

Level 3
Zenonoth Presents

[box]
ZsFzc3D.jpg

Story
After his defeat in Northrend at the hands of Prince Arthas Menethil; Mal'Ganis eventually survives his presumed murder, and plans for revenge against Arthas (Now the champion of the Lich King) and the Lich King himself, the malefic Dreadlord is far from beaten and his burning masters won't tolerate another failure!
Features
• Voice acting
• Various difficulty levels
• 2 New Races (Scarlet Crusade - Demon) + Improved Undead Race
• Over 20 missions (Planned)
Characters (So far)

achievement_thenighthold_tichondrius.jpg
Mal'Ganis: The fearsome Dreadlord Mal'Ganis was meant to be the Lich King's jailor, he went to do the Lich Kings' bidding by swaying Arthas' under the Lich King's control; however, he never anticipated that the Lich King would betray him by leading Arthas into slaying him, Mal'Ganis now plans revenge on the Lich King and his champion, Arthas.
achievement_boss_amnennar_the_coldbringer.jpg
Rage Winterchill: Unlike most Liches who are loyal to the Lich King, Rage Winterchill is fanatically loyal to the Burning Legion, once an Orc Warlock who fought during the Second War, Rage's corpse was taken to Fenris Keep where it remained there until Mal'Ganis uncovered it and raised the Lich to fight for him and his burning masters.
Progress
- MISSION#1: The Lich King's Betrayal (100%)
- INTERLUDE#1: The Dreadlords' Meeting (100%)
- MISSION#2: The Tranquil Silverpine (100%)
Screenshots
zKXGOjP.jpg

HkttK3V.jpg

8DBHfNZ.jpg
Yj9mu0b.jpg

fnxPdso.jpg
oV6d2gk.jpg
P2KMny7.jpg
Development Team (Main)
Development: Zenonoth
Skin Maker(s): PrinceYaser
Decorator(s): joaquim98
Proofreading: renegade
Development Team (Side)
Icon Maker(s): San
Story Designer(s): Chaosy
BETA Testers(s): renegade
Credits List
None yet..
HOW CAN YOU HELP? - WHAT DO WE NEED? (MAIN)

- Tester(s): Testers are expected to test the maps and give nitpicking reviews about anything
- Lore Designer(s): People who are familiar with Warcraft lore and wish to help us design the story of this campaign and help design the backstories of future campaign missions
- Decorator(s): Decorators are not terrainers, we'll send you a premade terrain and you have to decorate it with any doodads that fit
The Recruitment
IMPORTANT
1-Modeler (✓)
2-Terrainer (✓)
3-Skin-maker (✓)
4-Voice Actor (✓)
5-Decorator (✓)
6-Lore-maker (Vacant)

OPTIONAL
7-Trigger-maker (✓)
8-Icon-maker (✓)
9-Secondary Voice Actor (Vacant)
10-Scriptwriter (Vacant)
Project Signature
ehTzp9p.jpg
[/box]

I Kinda like your Campaign, I tested it, I like the first chapter, even the second chapter...
I would like the campaign even more if you do the following :

• Put even more custom characters
  • Add more undead units
The things I like in your campaign is "Mal'Ganis Custom Model" probably, and the tomes in the second chapter, which made me powerful xD

Can I be a lore designer ?
Or a tester, Still, I can only help when I return back from school, but trust me, If I'm a tester, I would report all the issues or bugs that wasn't removed in the campaign, but still, there ain't no bugs for me at all, by the way, I like it, I would like to be a TESTER ;);):);):p:D

Level 10
Pardon me @Zenonoth I have a question to ask you, from what I see in the screenshots Mal'ganis' neck seems to be colored like the original one and doesn't match his face. Also that his skin will affect other heroes that will use his model. You should try to at least change HIS skin so he would be different, since this campaign is about him. Like Anetheron I can see green things on his portrait I'm guessing they are the wings. The only thing I can suggest for the campaign, specially on the player side, add more heroes and add different units, maybe those that not even Arthas had used.

Level 3
I haven't received any messages from you, I thought the work stopped because of you; Anyways if the terrain is done, send it and I'll do my part.

I Kinda like your Campaign, I tested it, I like the first chapter, even the second chapter...
I would like the campaign even more if you do the following :

• Put even more custom characters <--Give Suggestions of Characters, please.
  • Add more undead units <--Give Suggestions of Units, please.
The things I like in your campaign is "Mal'Ganis Custom Model" probably, and the tomes in the second chapter, which made me powerful xD

Can I be a lore designer ?
Or a tester, Still, I can only help when I return back from school, but trust me, If I'm a tester, I would report all the issues or bugs that wasn't removed in the campaign, but still, there ain't no bugs for me at all, by the way, I like it, I would like to be a TESTER
;);):);):p:D

Sure @Greenfist Warlocks , that'd be awesome.

when will be the next update release?

Tomorrow @Alliance10

Level 10
Like I said, the neck doesn't match his face, those extra black on his wings. But I'm still downloading. I'll comment eventually :p

E. I don't feel comfortable with the voices and they speak immediately after one finishes talking. Select screen background could be better and custom loading screens as well. 1st chapter the two cages I found together has too many bats and there are river rushes on ice?
Yellow-ish shrubs on rocks, green moving grass? Corpses trapped in webs. All the other stuff is good.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm not saying that make everything right so that it's not noticeable, this campaign will have a great ending, I can tell, I can see it even from the three chapters available.

And here are more reviews (will be edited for more)= Overall I think you should have kept the other icons, making some takes time and doesn't look far from the original but some icons are very fine :) Carriom Swarm doesn't hit much, is that on purpose? Why do I loose the items I get from the previous chapter?
Chapter 2-Burning houses with people near them?? A very secret shop, nice and other neutral buildings ;) Isn't Gunther Arcanus a lich or is it just a coincidence(is it really?) Silverpine Buildings look Night Elven (may I know who did them and where to find them as well as the crystals :) ) You should change the sound of the shipyard and allow the player to train them and not buy them.
Chapter 3- Make the villagers neutral so they don't get killed and Mal'ganis has more troops, considering that zombies are not that strong, and give Mal'ganis a special action when he raised the lich and something else for that scene. Winterchill was an orc? And something is suspicious about that archmage

I'm not saying that make everything right so that it's not noticeable, this campaign will have a great ending, I can tell, I can see it even from the three chapters available.

And here are more reviews (will be edited for more)= Overall I think you should have kept the other icons, making some takes time and doesn't look far from the original but some icons are very fine :) Carriom Swarm doesn't hit much, is that on purpose? Why do I loose the items I get from the previous chapter?
Chapter 2-Burning houses with people near them?? A very secret shop, nice and other neutral buildings ;) Isn't Gunther Arcanus a lich or is it just a coincidence(is it really?) Silverpine Buildings look Night Elven (may I know who did them and where to find them as well as the crystals :) ) You should change the sound of the shipyard and allow the player to train them and not buy them.
Chapter 3- Make the villagers neutral so they don't get killed and Mal'ganis has more troops, considering that zombies are not that strong, and give Mal'ganis a special action when he raised the lich and something else for that scene. Winterchill was an orc? And something is suspicious about that archmage

Thank you for your reply, Rence..the maps are in their VERY VERY early beta stage, all these issues will be fixed and finalized in the last version.

Level 5
Time for my review:

So far so good, no bugs encountered but i do have a few suggestions:

- The village side of the bridge has tiles not fitting; Dalaran tiles do not blend well with village tiles
- At least make villagers neutral so we don't accidentally kill them as mentioned by Rence
- Why are all the guards knights and footmen?
- Orc Warlock quest has typo with the word necromancer
- Some areas seem cramped
- The path to Ravenclaw is lacking in appropriate decoration, especially Ravenclaw's room
- The fight with Ravenclaw ended with him not using any spells at all, in fact i just autoattacked him to death. Do add something to make the fight harder.

Also stated by Rence, give Mal'Ganis an animation when he raises Winterchill
Also, on a personal note, i'm not really fond of the new Winterchill voice. The default one is better but that's just my opinion.

Time for my review:

So far so good, no bugs encountered but i do have a few suggestions:

- The village side of the bridge has tiles not fitting; Dalaran tiles do not blend well with village tiles
- At least make villagers neutral so we don't accidentally kill them as mentioned by Rence
- Why are all the guards knights and footmen?
- Orc Warlock quest has typo with the word necromancer
- Some areas seem cramped
- The path to Ravenclaw is lacking in appropriate decoration, especially Ravenclaw's room
- The fight with Ravenclaw ended with him not using any spells at all, in fact i just autoattacked him to death. Do add something to make the fight harder.

Also stated by Rence, give Mal'Ganis an animation when he raises Winterchill
Also, on a personal note, i'm not really fond of the new Winterchill voice. The default one is better but that's just my opinion.

Thanks, @renegade .. I've noted all these suggestions and will have them fixed in the next update, waiting for joaquim98 to help me with the awesome decoration then I'll fix the issues, as for voice acting and other minor issues, they'll all be fixed in the last/fully made update.

Level 3
I changed little bits of the fenris isle(added some markets and decoration for the archmage room to look like he is investigating the plague), forsaken had already done a good job with the template decoration. Also took out the fire outside of gilneas's wall on the second map because it didnt make any sense(my bad). Gottfried said he would remake the terrain for the silverpine map, any updates on that?

I changed little bits of the fenris isle(added some markets and decoration for the archmage room to look like he is investigating the plague), forsaken had already done a good job with the template decoration. Also took out the fire outside of gilneas's wall on the second map because it didnt make any sense(my bad). Gottfried said he would remake the terrain for the silverpine map, any updates on that?

Actually, the Silverpine map I have/am using seems to be better than Gottfried's ... however I'll still keep it in case I need it, later on.

Level 5
This is a nice idea for a campaign. I'm currently working on playing it for Youtube. Zenonoth if you are still looking for a voice actor I am willing to try and help you the best I can.

Played first two chapters, looks decent, no particular bugs to point out, ordinary wc3 campaign with some new fancy icons, but the 3D assets are the same. Maybe the terrain could be better, although it doesn't ruin the experience. My complaint may be that it plays no different that original undead. Weird thing was that when I finished 2nd chapter, it closed the campaign, it didn't go to the 3rd. Unless you updated meanwhile.

Level 5
Short but fun.

My issues are:
1. The most annoying thing is that you lose all the items and tomes from previous level
2. It is cool that you did voicing but you could keep those from the original campaign and only do the new stuff, saves work time.
3. Enemy bases dont really train units or build stuff.
4. Mal'ganis shoulder pads, they are very ugly man.

But the image u used in the campaign is great, the music too!

Status
Not open for further replies.