• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Revenge of Mal'Ganis

What shall I do for this Campaign?

• Add more Heroes

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Add more Custom Imports

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Improve the Storyline

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Improve the Terrains

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • Call off this whole project

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I need a screenshot of all floating Felhounds/Felstalkers so I can fix them.
2) Will fix the map's raining/lights in next update

~ * FUTURE PLANS * ~

CONTINUATION OF ILLIDAN'S ARC

- MISSION#10: The Orb of Kil'jaeden (Illidan retrieves the Orb of Kil'jaeden from Medivh and becomes empowered; beginning his journey to destroy the Lich King using the Eye of Sargeras) [Playable Heroes: Illidan]

- MISSION#11: The Shores of Blood
(Illidan inherits the memories of Gul'dan after consuming his skull's energies he relives Gul'dan's visting of the Tomb of Sargeras: Gul'dan, Cho'Gall, Drak'thul fight to defend themselves from Ogrim Doomhammer's forces at the shores of the Tomb of Sargeras) [Playable Heroes: Gul'dan, Cho'Gall]

- MISSION#12: The Depths of Madness (Gul'dan enters the Tomb of Sargeras along with his Stormreaver Warlocks seeking to recover the Eye of Sargeras) [Playable Heroes: Gul'dan]

-
MISSION#13: The Might of the Legion (Illidan is defeated after his plans fail to destroy the Lich King and returns back to Outland in failure, the dimensional portals that Illidan once sealed are now active again and Kil'jaeden sends his full might to assault Illidan on outland in return for his failure) [Playable Heroes: Illidan, Kael, Lady Vashj, Akama, Kargath]

-
INTERLUDE#3: The Darkened Pact (Kael abandons Illidan after the latter has gone mad after his defeat at the hands of Arthas in Icecrown, he meets Kil'jaeden at a secret location in Outland and pledges himself to him)

SCARLET CRUSADE ARC - [TBA]

Need thoughts on missions, story, heroes' spells, any sort of ideas or assistance..rewards will be great, +4 Reputation, name in credits and in promotional video.

Level 29
1) I need a screenshot of all floating Felhounds/Felstalkers so I can fix them.
2) Will fix the map's raining/lights in next update

~ * FUTURE PLANS * ~

CONTINUATION OF ILLIDAN'S ARC

- MISSION#10: The Orb of Kil'jaeden (Illidan retrieves the Orb of Kil'jaeden from Medivh and becomes empowered; beginning his journey to destroy the Lich King using the Eye of Sargeras) [Playable Heroes: Illidan]

- MISSION#11: The Shores of Blood
(Illidan inherits the memories of Gul'dan after consuming his skull's energies he relives Gul'dan's visting of the Tomb of Sargeras: Gul'dan, Cho'Gall, Drak'thul fight to defend themselves from Ogrim Doomhammer's forces at the shores of the Tomb of Sargeras) [Playable Heroes: Gul'dan, Cho'Gall]

- MISSION#12: The Depths of Madness (Gul'dan enters the Tomb of Sargeras along with his Stormreaver Warlocks seeking to recover the Eye of Sargeras) [Playable Heroes: Gul'dan]

-
MISSION#13: The Might of the Legion (Illidan is defeated after his plans fail to destroy the Lich King and returns back to Outland in failure, the dimensional portals that Illidan once sealed are now active again and Kil'jaeden sends his full might to assault Illidan on outland in return for his failure) [Playable Heroes: Illidan, Kael, Lady Vashj, Akama, Kargath]

-
INTERLUDE#3: The Darkened Pact (Kael abandons Illidan after the latter has gone mad after his defeat at the hands of Arthas in Icecrown, he meets Kil'jaeden at a secret location in Outland and pledges himself to him)

SCARLET CRUSADE ARC - [TBA]

Need thoughts on missions, story, heroes' spells, any sort of ideas or assistance..rewards will be great, +4 Reputation, name in credits and in promotional video.

Alright! This sounds interesting, especially the part where we see Gul'dan's memories! I hope you make some very interesting abilities to Gul'dan and Cho'gall and base their units on Warcraft 2 and the lore.

One thing that bothered me in the Sentinel Campaign in the Frozen Throne was the fact that the flashbacks during the Tomb of Sargeras mission showed Gul'dan being accompanied by shamans instead of warlocks or warriors. You should make a better version.

So I take Mal'ganis will take a role in Kael's attempt to summon Kil'jaeden through the Sunwell, perharps participating in the capture of the naaru M'uru?

Mal'Ganis will return after being reformed in the nether alongside Balnazzar who has feigned his death after Sylvanas' treason, they'll both manipulate the Scarlet Crusade.

But this is also subject to change, I need members from around this website to give me any useful ideas/reviews/suggestions.

Level 29
Mal'Ganis will return after being reformed in the nether alongside Balnazzar who has feigned his death after Sylvanas' treason, they'll both manipulate the Scarlet Crusade.

But this is also subject to change, I need members from around this website to give me any useful ideas/reviews/suggestions.

Ok.
Now About the Scarlet Arc.
The first mission could be Mal'ganis and Balnazzar finding some remnants of Lordaeron and deciding to take it under their control. They murder Saidan Dathrohan and Barean Westwind and take over their bodies and create the Scarlet Crusade. The next missions could be attacking Kel'Thuzad's forces or exterminating villages because they could be ''infected''.

Since the Scarlet Crusade is mostly remains of Lordaeron, I suppose it should be mostly similar to it in terms of units. I have some ideas to some spells, like weaker versions of Holy Light to the priests and an altered version of Berserk called ''Fanaticism'' to empower these fanatics.

I would love to see a mission about Sir Thomas Thomson, and his path from a rightseous paladin into the dreaded Headless Horseman.

Last edited:
Level 14

I can be one of the members I am good in making suggestions/ideas and I can also give reviews test your map and everything

Level 3
I liked the future plans, probably Illidan, Mal'Ganis and Balnazzar are my favorite heroes here in Warcraft III. I like their styles, also Tichondrius.

Anyways, I will give you the screenshot later.

~ Peace !

Level 29
Read my previous post about ideas for the Scarlet Arc.

I have some ideas for units.
-Warlocks: disciples of the Shadow Council.
-Ogre Magis. followers of Cho'gall
-Necrolytes: based on the Stormreaver Necrolyte unit
-Death Knights: orc warlocks with their souls infused on the corpses of ancient knights. They have a mixture of necromancer and warlock abilities.

Gul'dan: The greatest warlock of Orc History, a master of fel magic. (I based these spells on the Gul'dan encounter in Nighthold. Gul'dan is a backstabbing guy so I think he wouldn't mind if his spells could hit allies)
-Passive Ability: Lord of the Shadow Council: Gul'dan gains a bonus +10 on Intelligence.
-Fel Bolt: Throws a fel bolt and the target for some seconds endures fel fire.
-Hell Field: Makes the ground on a selected area be on fire, damaging ALL units that stand on it.
-Soul Harvest: Gul'dan drains both life and mana from the target. It can be used on allied units if required.
-Might of Darkness: Gul'dan casts a powerful dark cloud that greatly damages all enemy units around him. If Gul'dan stops casting it, the spell will stop.

Cho'gall: the chieftain of the Twilight Hammer Clan, an expert in corruption and destruction while also possessing a lot of HP.
-Touch of Corruption: Cho'gall throws a purple orb that damages the target and reduces its armor for a certain amount of time.
-Destructive Shockwave: Cho'gall sends a shockwave that deals damage on units in a line.
-Twisted Devotion: Cho'gall temporarily boosts allied units with increased attack speed and damage.
-Hour of Twilight: Cho'gall summons a powerful eartquake, that deals a great amount of damage on everything in selected area.

Level 14
Read my previous post about ideas for the Scarlet Arc.

I have some ideas for units.
-Warlocks: disciples of the Shadow Council.
-Ogre Magis. followers of Cho'gall
-Necrolytes: based on the Stormreaver Necrolyte unit
-Death Knights: orc warlocks with their souls infused on the corpses of ancient knights. They have a mixture of necromancer and warlock abilities.

Gul'dan: The greatest warlock of Orc History, a master of fel magic. (I based these spells on the Gul'dan encounter in Nighthold. Gul'dan is a backstabbing guy so I think he wouldn't mind if his spells could hit allies)
-Passive Ability: Lord of the Shadow Council: Gul'dan gains a bonus +10 on Intelligence.
-Fel Bolt: Throws a fel bolt and the target for some seconds endures fel fire.
-Hell Field: Makes the ground on a selected area be on fire, damaging ALL units that stand on it.
-Soul Harvest: Gul'dan drains both life and mana from the target. It can be used on allied units if required.
-Might of Darkness: Gul'dan casts a powerful dark cloud that greatly damages all enemy units around him. If Gul'dan stops casting it, the spell will stop.

Cho'gall: the chieftain of the Twilight Hammer Clan, an expert in corruption and destruction while also possessing a lot of HP.
-Touch of Corruption: Cho'gall throws a purple orb that damages the target and reduces its armor for a certain amount of time.
-Destructive Shockwave: Cho'gall sends a shockwave that deals damage on units in a line.
-Twisted Devotion: Cho'gall temporarily boosts allied units with increased attack speed and damage.
-Hour of Twilight: Cho'gall summons a powerful eartquake, that deals a great amount of damage on everything in selected area.
Wow your pretty good in spell ideas maybe you should reply in [Campgain]Mal'Furions Quest too @Turnro is asking for a new spell aura for Mal'Furion and you are that guy that has good spell ideas

Level 14
Are you asking me? Because I don't know.
I once tried to start a campaign but eventually gave up once I realized how hard would it be to make it.
Hahaha your just like me I did not know how to make a campgain then I gaved up then after a few days I started to make again so then until I knew all of the triggers(not all) I can make a campgain.Thats what they always say ''NEVER GIVE UP!''

Level 29
Hahaha your just like me I did not know how to make a campgain then I gaved up then after a few days I started to make again so then until I knew all of the triggers(not all) I can make a campgain.Thats what they always say ''NEVER GIVE UP!''

Tell me about it. The campaign would have between eight to ten heroes and thirty maps at least. I had the entire plot decided:"Shadows of Northrend" the story of the Undead Scourge from the death of Arthas to the return of the Legion.

That is why I admire these guys that create campaigns and go till the end.

Level 14
Tell me about it. The campaign would have between eight to ten heroes and thirty maps at least. I had the entire plot decided:"Shadows of Northrend" the story of the Undead Scourge from the death of Arthas to the return of the Legion.

That is why I admire these guys that create campaigns and go till the end.
Hmmm maybe I can make your campgain alive but alas I am still woking on a new campgain (exept for AFTL)

Level 5
So the battle of Mal'ganis and Arthas...where should I start? First of all, when you play as Mal'ganis the fight isn't that hard, it's just long and tedious. Second of all when you play as Arthas, the fight seems to be just a stall fight where each characters fights while not doing anything. Also when I finished the chapter I just got the idea that when you play as Mal'ganis, if the code is put in the campaign, you will have better items and better stats than what is given to to you in this chapter, which might makes things more easy when playing as the Dreadlord and harder when playing as the Death Knight. Try to give the hero's equal stats and good items, in both fights. Also frostbolt saved more than you can think.

Now for the Illidan mission. It almost felt like the Tauren mission, you go and kill stuff and nothing really happens. Sure playing with Illidan was quite cool, not to mention having a Pit Lord as a hero(I found no campaign where you can play as one). Also the satyrs have the same problem that they had with The Skull of Guldan for me. Besides that I'm not really fond of the use of Eternity's End, it's the same map just thrown there. And what makes the problem for above bigger for me is that there is no mention that I have found about where Illidan and Kil'jaeden talked about. The upgrades the enemy gets is pretty much meaningless after you reach the Orcs. Also I can't quite remember but the Night Elf base has no hero, putting one there might just do the trick to make killing them a little bit harder. Maybe the lore team cna help with the place where Illidan and Kil'jaeden met each other so that way the map can be changed to something else.

For now this is all.

Level 3
So the battle of Mal'ganis and Arthas...where should I start? First of all, when you play as Mal'ganis the fight isn't that hard, it's just long and tedious. Second of all when you play as Arthas, the fight seems to be just a stall fight where each characters fights while not doing anything. Also when I finished the chapter I just got the idea that when you play as Mal'ganis, if the code is put in the campaign, you will have better items and better stats than what is given to to you in this chapter, which might makes things more easy when playing as the Dreadlord and harder when playing as the Death Knight. Try to give the hero's equal stats and good items, in both fights. Also frostbolt saved more than you can think.

Now for the Illidan mission. It almost felt like the Tauren mission, you go and kill stuff and nothing really happens. Sure playing with Illidan was quite cool, not to mention having a Pit Lord as a hero(I found no campaign where you can play as one). Also the satyrs have the same problem that they had with The Skull of Guldan for me. Besides that I'm not really fond of the use of Eternity's End, it's the same map just thrown there. And what makes the problem for above bigger for me is that there is no mention that I have found about where Illidan and Kil'jaeden talked about. The upgrades the enemy gets is pretty much meaningless after you reach the Orcs. Also I can't quite remember but the Night Elf base has no hero, putting one there might just do the trick to make killing them a little bit harder. Maybe the lore team cna help with the place where Illidan and Kil'jaeden met each other so that way the map can be changed to something else.

For now this is all.

Thank you for your suggestion, now let's wait for someone to reply on your reply.

Level 3
Nice campaign,locking forward for it,what is your plan with the scarlet crusade ,you want them anihilited or under the rule of a dreadlord than oyu may go attack on humans and dwarves?

I don't know, but I would love it if Scarlet Crusade is under the dreadlords and use them to battle the remnants of Lordaeron. Such as Jaina Proudmoore and maybe Arthas' scourge and Sylvanas.

I don't know, but I would love it if Scarlet Crusade is under the dreadlords and use them to battle the remnants of Lordaeron. Such as Jaina Proudmoore and maybe Arthas' scourge and Sylvanas.

That's what I have in mind.

For now this is all.

Thanks ArgentSky, that's a very solid feedback, I'll do all changes without exception immediately.

WoW thank you very much Zenonoth!

Edit:
Is there a model in this icon?

Try this one included in the attachment!

` * MINOR UPDATE * ~
- Fixed the main post on the thread to include all playable characters so far!
- Fixed the main post on the thread to include all BETA videos by ArgentSky/Warcraft Literature
- Now looking for a decent terrainer to DECORATE my maps, will include your name in the credit list and will provide many +Reputation
- Still need ANY USEFUL IDEAS, please comment if you've any
- Need feedback of any type

Attachments

• NagaMedusa.blp
    75.7 KB · Views: 104
Level 15
This new Hive is bulls*it... I am not getting notification for these threads, at all.. I was wondering why you all went silent all of the sudden.

I have to ask Zenonoth, when you are going to add some of ours suggestions? I mean, since I am following this thread LISABOAH gave you a lot of amazing ideas, some other people and I also gave you some, but mainly LISABOAH, and you kind of ignored them. I get it, you are not going to add and change everything we don't like, you can't please anyone, I get that, but I haven't seen any updates on the old maps with some of the changes you have said that you are going to add.

This new Hive is bulls*it... I am not getting notification for these threads, at all.. I was wondering why you all went silent all of the sudden.

I have to ask Zenonoth, when you are going to add some of ours suggestions? I mean, since I am following this thread LISABOAH gave you a lot of amazing ideas, some other people and I also gave you some, but mainly LISABOAH, and you kind of ignored them. I get it, you are not going to add and change everything we don't like, you can't please anyone, I get that, but I haven't seen any updates on the old maps with some of the changes you have said that you are going to add.

I'm saving all of these suggestions, will add them in the finalized map version when all maps are done... what I am doing RN is a mere base for every map.

Level 29
Having problems with my voice actors and terrainers atm, will fix it ASAP for the time being; I'm open to any suggestions regarding the campaign overall.

For the Gul'dan's memories mini-arc I ssuggest these units and models:
Gul'dan by @PROXY: Gul'dan
Gul'dan mounted (if you want to copy Wacraft 2) by @Tauer: Gul'Dan
Orc Spearthrower (since we don't have access to trolls as ranged units) by @General Frank: Orcish Spearthrower
Twilight Hammer Ogre by @PROXY: Twilight Hammer Battlemaster
Death Knights by @Necrokenis: Death Knight WC2

For the Scarlet Arc
Saidan Dathrohan by @kangyun: Saidan_DathrohanV1

Remember to put them on credits if you use them.

Has anyone seen the ending cinematic to the Tomb of Sargeras patch? Illidan really screwed up this time!

Last edited:
Level 15
Not really. He is sick of defending himself from a Legion, to see them return back. He wants to finish it, once and for all. I respect that!

Level 29
Not really. He is sick of defending himself from a Legion, to see them return back. He wants to finish it, once and for all. I respect that!

Yes, but till now the main battlefront was on the Broken Isles. Now with Argus standing right above them the Legion can launch attacks to every part of Azeroth. Even worse, Sargeras can enter!

How is the campaign going?

I recently read Arthas: Rise of the Lich King and I noticed something. Sylvanas only turned into a Dark Ranger after the Lich King started losing his power, so she was still a banshee at the start of the Legacy of the Damned campaign. I am saying this because you made her appear in an interlude already as a dark ranger.

Last edited:
Level 3
I only played 1st mission and watched the interlude and so far I like the idea and the voice acting is also cool, terrain looks great too imo.

But when I started 2nd mission all of Malganis items and skills from mission 1 were gone or changed, I dont know if thats a bug and will not happen if I continue, but it feels kinda bad, especially since there was even a bonus mission to kill a blue dragon to gain her artifact and now its gone :(

Level 5
Yes, but till now the main battlefront was on the Broken Isles. Now with Argus standing right above them the Legion can launch attacks to every part of Azeroth. Even worse, Sargeras can enter!

How is the campaign going?

I recently read Arthas: Rise of the Lich King and I noticed something. Sylvanas only turned into a Dark Ranger after the Lich King started losing his power, so she was still a banshee at the start of the Legacy of the Damned campaign. I am saying this because you made her appear in an interlude already as a dark ranger.

She appeares as a Dark Ranger in The Frozen Throne before Illidan starts to attack Ice Crown again. We saw her ghost form in Reign of Chaos but when we see her for the first time we see her as a Dark Ranger. Now it depends if he wants to base it on the Book or on the Game. Retcon or no retcon? That is the question.

Level 14
Or shrug it off for gameplay purposes and use Sylvanas sweet hive model.

All that matters is it's sylvanas. and when you picture Sylvanas you don't picture her banshee form from before the Sylvanas was Implemented as a Dark Ranger Hero which she has been known as for 99% of her Warcraft lifespane.

Also if you WANT a lore span. Then it's this.

Lich King started losing power during the Eye of Sargeras ritual when the Frozen Throne was fractured.

This was BEFORE the Blood Elves even met Lady Vashj or traveled to Outland to claim it with Illidan.

There is considerable time between events A and B for Sylvanas to have enough free will to Claim her body.

There you go.

Level 15
Not really a big fan of your decision to start various projects while you are working on this one. I see no purpose in it. I mean, you already spent a lot of time making this campaign, and it has really good reception from the community, and you completely abandon it for sake of starting new RPG and campaign. It makes no sense, if you ask me.

Level 1
frist,the campaign has some fresh ideas.control satyr ,pitlord and even arcimonde are first seen.and author seems record some quotes to the heros and cinemas。which i think mannoroth and arcimonde quotes are perfect。however,about the lich rage winterchill,his quote voice,it dosen't
hears like a lich at all.when I click
the hero,I wish to hear different quotes,but all I hear is:direct me,direct me...I think original lich quotes are better than this one.
The same in Malganis,his voice are sleepy,and there are only few quotes for him.i click malganis wish to hear his phone calls...but there is none

the maps and terrains are good,but seems enemy ai were bad.eneny dosen't attack you base at all.and hero's items cannot hesitate to the next chapter.hope can be fixed.
And last but not most ,malganis is the major character of this campaign,I think at last he should survive until the last chapter,but he didn't...

Level 29
frist,the campaign has some fresh ideas.control satyr ,pitlord and even arcimonde are first seen.and author seems record some quotes to the heros and cinemas。which i think mannoroth and arcimonde quotes are perfect。however,about the lich rage winterchill,his quote voice,it dosen't
hears like a lich at all.when I click
the hero,I wish to hear different quotes,but all I hear is:direct me,direct me...I think original lich quotes are better than this one.
The same in Malganis,his voice are sleepy,and there are only few quotes for him.i click malganis wish to hear his phone calls...but there is none

the maps and terrains are good,but seems enemy ai were bad.eneny dosen't attack you base at all.and hero's items cannot hesitate to the next chapter.hope can be fixed.
And last but not most ,malganis is the major character of this campaign,I think at last he should survive until the last chapter,but he didn't...

The AI and the item cache will be fixed on the final version.

Mal'ganis din't die. Demons when killed return to the Twisting Nether and reform new bodies. The campaign is on hiatus.

I found out more models you could use:
- Kil'jaeden the Deceiver by @Stefan.K (this is based on the Tomb of Sargeras raid)

- Mannoroth by @Murlocologist (I think Mannoroth should look different than the other Pit Lords)

-https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/renault-mograine.295149/ by @kangyun

-https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/sally-whitemane.295208/ by @kangyun

Last edited:
Level 14
Abandoning this project to focus on a more well-made campaign.

Tell me if anyone wants to continue where I left of and I'll give you this campaign and all of it's privileges.

should post whats made in the campaign section so it doesn't fade into the abyss then. plenty of uncompleted projects on there that are exceptional quality.

example : Orcs & Humans: Orc Missions (ALPHA)
odds of seeing the last 2 missions is probably never. :(
or: The Black Company Beta v1.5

and 9 completed missions is reason enough to not let this inevitably vanish and become buried

should post whats made in the campaign section so it doesn't fade into the abyss then. plenty of uncompleted projects on there that are exceptional quality.

example : Orcs & Humans: Orc Missions (ALPHA)
odds of seeing the last 2 missions is probably never. :(
or: The Black Company Beta v1.5

and 9 completed missions is reason enough to not let this inevitably vanish and become buried

I'm afraid I cannot since the map is not completed and it lacks gamecache and AI, willing to give it to anyone who wants to take it while giving me minor credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.