• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Revenge of Mal'Ganis

What shall I do for this Campaign?

• Add more Heroes

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Add more Custom Imports

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Improve the Storyline

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Improve the Terrains

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • Call off this whole project

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I like it, question is: is this gonna be a custom story or an alternate one?

What I mean is, you can make it go along with the original storyline.
Kil'jaeden commands Illidan to destroy the Frozen Throne. This means that he and Mal'ganis would probably communicate at some point, which could be merged with the main storyline.
Going by lore, this does actually mean that Mal'ganis is technically not out for revenge because it's also the command of the Burning Legion to destroy the Lich King.

Or. make it custom and ignore that.

That said, I could probably have some fun assisting with some story bits.
agreed!!

Level 3
I hope someone picks the project and finishes it. Maybe it could end with the legion destroying the world tree instead of Arthas killing Mal'ganis. Last map I decorated for Zenenoth was Medivh's caves and sanctuary, someone could tie it up making the last guardian the final boss.

Level 3
Abandoning this project to focus on a more well-made campaign.

Tell me if anyone wants to continue where I left of and I'll give you this campaign and all of it's privileges.

Please do not abandon the project.. I waited for months.. I just kept on visiting this site to see if the project was either updated or finished.. lol.
I just hoped that this project will soon be finished someday... You just did a great job...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
So, hey @Zenonoth could you write me a summary of the idea behind this campaign before I start testing it?
What are the intricacies of the story. Why have you decided to go this way, have Mal'Ganis alive?
How much or what are you willing to let be subject to change from everything that is already made?

EDIT: in case you want me to aid you, of course.

Last edited:
So, hey @Zenonoth could you write me a summary of the idea behind this campaign before I start testing it?
What are the intricacies of the story. Why have you decided to go this way, have Mal'Ganis alive?
How much or what are you willing to let be subject to change from everything that is already made?

EDIT: in case you want me to aid you, of course.

(Done-so far, in the missions' ascending order)
The story of the campaign goes as follows:
1-Mal'Ganis after his defeat at the hands of Arthas Menethil at Northrend fakes his death and revives immediately to return back to the Twisting Nether and report to his brethren of Ner'zhul's betrayal
2-His brothers express that they've discarded Mal'Ganis and no longer care about his fate.
3-Mal'Ganis returns back to Lordaeron (Specially Silverpine Forest) to aid in it's conquest by the legion
4-He goes to Fenris Isle to subdue Thule Ravenclaw, it's leader and raises Rage Winterchill as his servant.
6-Immediately after doing so he goes to activate a demon gate to summon Mannoroth into Lordaeron.
7-Meanwhile the player controls Archimonde on his task in destroying Dalaran
8-With Dalaran destroyed and Lordaeron subdued, Mal'Ganis reports to Balnazzar/Varimathras/Detheroc his success while Arthas flees to Kalimdor to halt the legion's plans as forseen in RoC's events
9-Mal'Ganis chases Arthas into the barrens of Kalimdor
10-Tichondrius, Rage Winterchill and Prince Xavalis hurry to make use of the Skull of Gul'dan and corrupt Felwood
11-Mal'Ganis confronts Arthas in an epic battle where he is slain but still survives..
12-The player controls Illidan in his plot to reach Kil'jaeden and do his bidding after the battle of Mount Hyjal
13-Illidan enters Medivh's dungeon to recover the Orb of Kil'jaeden

(Upcoming)
14-Illidan inherits the memories of Gul'dan and recalls the battle at the Broken Shore where Gul'dan and Cho'gall fought against Orgrim Doomhammer's forces
15-Gul'dan enters the Tomb of Sargeras
16-Following TFT's events; The player controls Illidan/Vashj/Kael/Kargath/Akama in an attempt to fend of the legion's aggression on his foothold in Outland after he failed to destroy the Frozen Throne
17-Kael abandons Illidan to join Kil'jaeden after he realizes Illidan's faulty vision
18-Mal'Ganis Returns to Azeroth in a new form accompanied by Balnazzar as they attempt to subjugate the Scarlet Crusade
19-The player controls Balnazzar as he subjugates High Crusader Saidan Dathrohan
20-Mal'Ganis goes to subdue the Scarlet Onslaught under the leadership of Barean Westwind
21-He then goes to Northrend to fulfill his revenge on destroying the Lich King
22-He fights an epic battle with the Lich King's main strike force and establishes onslaught harbor

AI, and Cache under development thanks to the great @Walichrage

Level 29
2-His brothers express that they've discarded Mal'Ganis and no longer care about his fate.

Isn't this inaccurate? They discarded Mal'ganis?

Wasn't the orb given by Kil'jaeden?

(Upcoming)
14-Illidan inherits the memories of Gul'dan and recalls the battle at the Broken Shore where Gul'dan and Cho'gall fought against Orgrim Doomhammer's forces

I think that Gul'dan entered the tomb and was killed there. Meanwhile the forces he left behind were slaughtered by Orgrim Doomhammer's forces.
So your missions 14 and 15 happened at the same time...

How about this:
14 - Illidan inherits the memories of Gul'dan and recalls Gul'dan and Cho'gall searching for the Tomb of Sargeras

18-Mal'Ganis Returns to Azeroth in a new form accompanied by Balnazzar as they attempt to subjugate the Scarlet Crusade
19-The player controls Balnazzar as he subjugates High Crusader Saidan Dathrohan
20-Mal'Ganis goes to subdue the Scarlet Onslaught under the leadership of Barean Westwind
22-He fights an epic battle with the Lich King's main strike force and establishes onslaught harbor

A pity you won't make a mission about the rise of the Headless Horseman.

The Scarlet Crusade Arc could last a couple of more missions if you ask me. You could make missions about fighting the Scourge, the Forsaken or even wiping out entire towns filled with "infected people"

Last edited:
Isn't this inaccurate? They discarded Mal'ganis?

Wasn't the orb given by Kil'jaeden?

I think that Gul'dan entered the tomb and was killed there. Meanwhile the forces he left behind were slaughtered by Orgrim Doomhammer's forces.

How about this:
14 - Illidan inherits the memories of Gul'dan and recalls Gul'dan and Cho'gall searching for the Tomb of Sargeras

The Scarlet Crusade Arc could last a couple of more missions if you ask me. You could make missions about fighting the Scourge, the Forsaken or even wiping out entire towns filled with "infected people"
Of course, I'm still taking full suggestions, I am collecting everything atm.

Level 29
Of course, I'm still taking full suggestions, I am collecting everything atm.

Ok.

My opinion. You can ignore it.
1- The part of Illidan defending against the wrath of Kil'jaeden is not needed. While it is good not to focus too much on one character, I think this is too much off-topic
2- The mission of Kael is not required, unless Mal'ganis has a role.
3- The Scarlet Crusade arc can prove to be interesting since it involves Scarlet Crusade and demons
4- It would be nice to have a mission about the Headless Horseman

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1-Mal'Ganis after his defeat at the hands of Arthas Menethil at Northrend fakes his death and revives immediately to return back to the Twisting Nether and report to his brethren of Ner'zhul's betrayal
So, you don't want to make the story fit between RoC-TfT/WoW?
They don't kill him then. Wouldn't exiling him from their order mean a loss of intelligence for the Nathrezim? I mean, Mal'Ganis was the one who spent most time with the Scourge besides Tichondrius. However, 'Ganis was the only one on Northrend.
3-Mal'Ganis returns back to Lordaeron (Specially Silverpine Forest) to aid in it's conquest by the legion
Well, so, not in the Nathrezim anymore but still in the Burning Legion. This could make some interesting Nathrezim internal conflict, maybe even making Mal'Ganis part from the Burning Legion altogether on his own road of enlightenment?
4-He goes to Fenris Isle to subdue Thule Ravenclaw, it's leader and raises Rage Winterchill as his servant.
I'm guessing being supported by the Burning Legion. Still, the Nathrezim don't care about his fate even with him remaining in the Burning Legion? I guess, they aren't afraid of him at all.
I've read in the main post that the one he raises is a lich. I don't know but it took Arthas a lot of time, strife and powerful magic (Sunwell) to get Kel'thuzad to transcend to such a creature. We know of no other lich in Warcraft III apart from (indeed) Rage Winterchill (and maybe some others like the green and purple ones from the fifth chapter of the RoC human campaign) who probably died in Reign of Chaos' Battle of Mount Hyjal. Plus, we don't know of Mal'Ganis being this powerful. There needs to be a way for him raising him so he can become the powerful lich at the end of RoC. Surely the Burning Legion is capable of creating liches, one being Ner'zhul's transformation by Kil'jaeden. The RoC manual says that liches first appeared with Ner'zhul, his Warlocks and the Death Knights who were twisted by Kil'jaeden into becoming more on the spectral side. So, yeah, I guess, Ner'zhul is the (king) lich of liches as his Warcraft III title implies.
6-Immediately after doing so he goes to activate a demon gate to summon Mannoroth into Lordaeron.
Are you sure you want to further his role in the Burning Legion like that? I mean, from a "failure" he became too important. The Nathrezim would tell on him or anyways, the Burning Legion would have found out of his defeat in Northrend. I'm not sure he would be just forgiven by those that aren't his closest kin. That's why I was pledging for a more renegade background for Mal'Ganis.
8-With Dalaran destroyed and Lordaeron subdued, Mal'Ganis reports to Balnazzar/Varimathras/Detheroc his success while Arthas flees to Kalimdor to halt the legion's plans as forseen in RoC's events
His success? What did he do, open up a portal for Mannoroth? I don't think this works. To bring such demonic force on Azeroth the Burning Legion required not only a powerful wizard, Kel'thuzad, but also a potent means, the Book of Medivh. Or were you referring that he participated in destroying Dalaran which was basically what Arthas, the Scourge and Burning Legion did? Or did he want to showoff with his new pet lich?
11-Mal'Ganis confronts Arthas in an epic battle where he is slain but still survives..
I guess, Mal'Ganis is defeated yet again? I think this battle should be during the Frozen Throne when Arthas becomes weaker due to the Lich King's feeling of danger from Illidan & co. Maybe, this confrontation should be integrated somewhere on the way to the Frozen Throne and maybe make Anub'arak get Arthas out of the trouble of death so that you would make the Crypt Lord a bit more important.
10-Tichondrius, Rage Winterchill and Prince Xavalis hurry to make use of the Skull of Gul'dan and corrupt Felwood
I don't mind the Satyr being suddenly involved in the story due to the fact that there were Corrupted Night Elves in that level. It would be good to at least give some context to his presence in the story through a cinematic scene or some ingame transmissions during confrontations. However, Rage Winterchill shouldn't be there. He never was seen until Mount Hyjal, so I'm saying that he should keep a low profile, not be involved in major story parts.
What!? You mean he goes all the way to Medivh's Tower (in Azeroth)? Why should the orb be there? Judging by its name, it should most probably be given by Kil'jaden to Illidan with a purpose, maybe some control, spying or who knows what. Also, why is this part important to the story? Illidan shouldn't be a thing here since it's about Mal'Ganis and the characters around him (those who interact with him). I don't think having something to do with Kil'jaeden before being cast away by his brother is OK. That would mean 'jaeden had been on Azeroth or was pretty much directly involved with the Reign of Chaos (which he wasn't. Tichondrius was there on his behalf; the RoC manual implies so). Illidan tells Kael during TfT's Curse of the Blood Elves campaign that Kil' visited him months after Archimonde's death. However, there is not backstory or any mention of the orb. You've wrote recover the artifact. Who managed to steal it, how, when and where?
Well, actually the only purpose of that would be to explain how Gul'dan's skull was taken from the Tomb of Sargeras and came into Tichondrius' hands.
6-Following TFT's events; The player controls Illidan/Vashj/Kael/Kargath/Akama in an attempt to fend of the legion's aggression on his foothold in Outland after he failed to destroy the Frozen Throne
Thing is, Kargath did not remain on Draenor if you consider Beyond the Dark Portal's Orc campaign ending where it says that Ner'zhul and his forces entered the Twisting Nether through the opening rifts leaving the Warsong and Shattered Hand clans on Azeroth. Now, the human ending says the Dark Portal was destroyed so that means those two orc clans had no way of getting back to Draenor and I doubt Kargath was not with his clan on Azeroth. So, I guess those clans became the slaves of the human labour camps.
17-Kael abandons Illidan to join Kil'jaeden after he realizes Illidan's faulty vision
What faulty vision? Illidan was defeated by Arthas and then what? He most probably did not die as the sword's wound was made on his right chest and I doubt he had situs inversus. Moreover he was pretty much capable of withstanding necromantic power since he was demonized. Furthermore, Arthas left him there and somewhat hurried to release Ner'zhul. So, I don't see how Kael would just suddenly change character to become selfish to leave Illidan to die and maybe even part with the Naga. Vashj would not leave Illidan there to die for anything in the world, methinks. Illidan was far too important during the War of the Ancients for the Highborne and is pretty much the only bridge between them and the Night Elves. If you analyze Kael closely during the Curse of the Blood Elves campaign, you'll realize that the urge for magic doesn't cloud his mind that much as Illidan somewhat and somehow provides the Blood Elves the magic they need to survive. Kael isn't a bad person either, he was oppressed by Garithos but did not hate humans altogether. He made friends with the Naga at first glance because he saw reason. He even helped the Night Elves (some of those who exiled his kin long ago) against one of their own (Maiev whose mind was even dizzier). Moreover, Illidan was the only one providing them travel to Draenor and back. How would Kael even know how to contact Kil'jaeden?
First, let's figure out how Mal'Ganis comes back to life after Arthas kills him. Let's say that Arthas was a novice at using Frostmourne then so Mal'Ganis' soul was able to escape the sword's confinement. From thereon, his soul, could have possessed various Northrend creatures to survive. Now, we got to figure out how would he get back to being a Dreadlord. Let's say that his soul could not go to the Twisting Nether because Frostmourne/The Lich King still held it on Azeroth not necessarily being aware of it. So, after some time, Mal'Ganis succeeds in finding a better host, a mighty Wendigo, and being a demon and not a weak one even though weakened from his fight against Frostmourne, he would transform that creature to remind of his previous visage (the soul is like a genetic code that gives the shape of the body). By the time Mal'Ganis gets back to Lordaeron, Arthas is annihilating the Capital City's populace.
About Balnazzar: his soul is in the Twisting Nether. Varimathras actually betrayed him to save his own skin, or did he? This would create more conflict between the Dreadlords, apparently. Instead of bringing Balnazzar back who's having a hard time venturing through the Nether searching for a way to get to a planet for a suitable host to possess (maybe he's ashamed of his Nathrezim brothers seeing him like this or having to ask them for help), let's have Mal'Ganis infiltrate the Scarlet Crusade somehow. Or, we could also add the Balnazzar shame theory and make it so that, Balnazzar reaches Mal'Ganis and they both plot on how to get Balnazzar a human body. We're delving into WoW but, there aren't many diehard fans like me to just debunk everything after TfT. So, I guess we can keep the battle where Saidan Dathrohan becomes possessed by Balnazzar with the help of Mal'Ganis' sleep/hypnotizing dark magicks. The human is not killed but possessed. Otherwise, if he were to be dead as the WoW wiki says, then he would become undead and would be easier to detect, methinks. It would not be an easy mind battle to keep the human's soul at bay. Actually, what if the Dreadlords actually do a ritual where Saidan's soul is taken out? But then, that would create problems with his ghost being able to warn the Scarlet Crusade. I'm not too sure. I'd hate to have it come to a Soul Gem or something the like. I'm not sure they could send his soul to the Twisting Nether via Nether Express because his ghost would be pretty mad and restless. But, I guess it could work somehow since Uther's spirit for instance, did not roam the lands to take vengeance or something but the WoW wiki says he appears at his tomb to give advice. To be on the safe side, maybe the Dreadlords can also make a ritual to lock/bind Dathrohan's spirit to a place/grave/crystal/obelisk/whatever, somehow.
Note: Demon souls will permanently disappear or at least would not be able to return to the Twisting Nether if Exorcism/Holy Light or something of the like is used on them, I guess.
Mal'Ganis does all this before his second confrontation with Arthas which will finally bind him to Frostmourne.
I think he should be dead by now leaving only Balnazzar to "tend" to the Crusade.

??? Oh come on man...
I think this should be really more about what the title is called. Oh, by the way, I'm not sure the title really fits but if we are to connect Mal'Ganis with Balnazzar and Varimathras somehow, then we'd get to Wrath of the Lich King's part where part of the Forsaken betrays Sylvanas in order to attempt to kill Arthas.
Not to be off topic, but it is ironic that in a campaign I am planning, Mal'ganis leads the Scarlet Onslaught on an assault against Icecrown Citadel.
Happens all the time. Many fans, many similar ideas. It's statistics.

Level 29
So, you don't want to make the story fit between RoC-TfT/WoW?

They don't kill him then. Wouldn't exiling him from their order mean a loss of intelligence for the Nathrezim? I mean, Mal'Ganis was the one who spent most time with the Scourge besides Tichondrius. However, 'Ganis was the only one on Northrend.

Well, so, not in the Nathrezim anymore but still in the Burning Legion. This could make some interesting Nathrezim internal conflict, maybe even making Mal'Ganis part from the Burning Legion altogether on his own road of enlightenment?

I'm guessing being supported by the Burning Legion. Still, the Nathrezim don't care about his fate even with him remaining in the Burning Legion? I guess, they aren't afraid of him at all.
I've read in the main post that the one he raises is a lich. I don't know but it took Arthas a lot of time, strife and powerful magic (Sunwell) to get Kel'thuzad to transcend to such a creature. We know of no other lich in Warcraft III apart from (indeed) Rage Winterchill (and maybe some others like the green and purple ones from the fifth chapter of the RoC human campaign) who probably died in Reign of Chaos' Battle of Mount Hyjal. Plus, we don't know of Mal'Ganis being this powerful. There needs to be a way for him raising him so he can become the powerful lich at the end of RoC. Surely the Burning Legion is capable of creating liches, one being Ner'zhul's transformation by Kil'jaeden. The RoC manual says that liches first appeared with Ner'zhul, his Warlocks and the Death Knights who were twisted by Kil'jaeden into becoming more on the spectral side. So, yeah, I guess, Ner'zhul is the (king) lich of liches as his Warcraft III title implies.

Are you sure you want to further his role in the Burning Legion like that? I mean, from a "failure" he became too important. The Nathrezim would tell on him or anyways, the Burning Legion would have found out of his defeat in Northrend. I'm not sure he would be just forgiven by those that aren't his closest kin. That's why I was pledging for a more renegade background for Mal'Ganis.

His success? What did he do, open up a portal for Mannoroth? I don't think this works. To bring such demonic force on Azeroth the Burning Legion required not only a powerful wizard, Kel'thuzad, but also a potent means, the Book of Medivh. Or were you referring that he participated in destroying Dalaran which was basically what Arthas, the Scourge and Burning Legion did? Or did he want to showoff with his new pet lich?

I guess, Mal'Ganis is defeated yet again? I think this battle should be during the Frozen Throne when Arthas becomes weaker due to the Lich King's feeling of danger from Illidan & co. Maybe, this confrontation should be integrated somewhere on the way to the Frozen Throne and maybe make Anub'arak get Arthas out of the trouble of death so that you would make the Crypt Lord a bit more important.

I don't mind the Satyr being suddenly involved in the story due to the fact that there were Corrupted Night Elves in that level. It would be good to at least give some context to his presence in the story through a cinematic scene or some ingame transmissions during confrontations. However, Rage Winterchill shouldn't be there. He never was seen until Mount Hyjal, so I'm saying that he should keep a low profile, not be involved in major story parts.

This part is already made.

??? Oh come on man...

What?

I think this should be really more about what the title is called. Oh, by the way, I'm not sure the title really fits but if we are to connect Mal'Ganis with Balnazzar and Varimathras somehow, then we'd get to Wrath of the Lich King's part where part of the Forsaken betrays Sylvanas in order to attempt to kill Arthas.

Well, Mal'ganis doesn't show between Reign of Chaos and Wrath of the Lich King, so he could have been helping Balnazzar...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This part is already made.
So what, that doesn't mean I shouldn't give insight for it.
WoW introduced way too many unnecessary stuff like the dullahan.
Well, Mal'ganis doesn't show between Reign of Chaos and Wrath of the Lich King, so he could have been helping Balnazzar...
Of course he doesn't show. He was later reintroduced possibly because of fandom. There was no need to have a lame fake death for Balnazzar.
I'm trying to find better explanations for how Mal'Ganis and Balnazzar would come back, that's all.

----------------------------------

About the liches:
-There's also one in chapter 7. Funny thing is that you might encounter the same lich name in both levels :D
-There's also a no-name lich in the TfT Night Elf campaign's sixth chapter supposedly belonging to the Burning Legion as there's a Dreadlord in that level too. Interestingly there are two more unknown liches and dreadlords together in chapter 8. There are also two death knights north of the aforementioned alone. I guess these belong to the Lich King while the other ones belong to the Burning Legion. They are in the same team under The Scourge, for gameplay reasons but I guess there was a Burning Legion vs Lich King scourge conflict.
-Two more liches under the dreadlords in chapter six of the TfT Undead campaign.

Level 29
WoW introduced way too many unnecessary stuff like the dullahan.

I was talking about the Headless Horseman.

He was a member of the Scarlet Crusade that helped wiping out villages out of fear they were infected. That is until he accidently killed his own family and went insane, starting to kill everyone around claiming they were all infected and was decapitated by his former comrades. This happened on Hallow's End. Balnazzar infused his demonic magic into the corpse, giving birth to the Headless Horseman.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level 29
Well, if you really would love a headless horseman in the story. Make his story interesting, to make sense.
The headless horseman is usually depicted as being evil. What if we make him a good guy/spirit/undead :D?

Since this campaign somewhat follows the canon, the Headless Horseman, if he was to appear, would be the mad horseman that shows up during Hallow's End that attacks towns.

Again, I am just giving a suggestion. If @Zenonoth doesn't wish to put him, it is fine by me...

Last edited:
Level 29
The campaign is finally complete including AI, cache and fixes.. IN A HUGE DIRE NEED OF TESTERS NOW contact me ASAP if you're interested. all thanks to the awesome @Walichrage @joaquim98 @WarcraftLiterature @LISBOAH and @deepstrasz for their awesome contributions.

I volunteer as one!

I will test it right now!

My review:

First chapter:
-Why do you have "After Arthas obtained Frostmourne... he faces..."?
-It is "comrades" not "commrades"
-Since there are elven priests, you should rename "Humans" to "Alliance"
-In the final part, where you have Lich King's minions close to some cages holding some of our forces, you should put them closer. I went from behind and managed to release the units without alerting the guards.

Interlude:
-Mal'ganis says "brother" even though he is talking with two dreadlords
-Mal'ganis teleports without the portal and yet the portal closes

Second chapter:
-Cache worked
-The Silverpine Defenders launched an attack minutes after the mission started but retreated before they could face my troops
-I used Dark Conversion on villagers but the zombies attacked me
-It is "The Silver Hand" not "The Silverhand"
-The wizard defending the purple base says "Foul demon! begone..." Put a capital B.
-The workers don't build new buildings if we destroy them
-In the hint that appears after we find the destroyed bridge it is "Silverpine" not "silverpine"
-Somehow my base was attacked by the Kirin Tor. I didn't notice how it happened
-It would be interesting an optional quest where we use zombies to create a bridge. Kind of like how Arthas used in "Arthas Rise of the Lich King"
-Arugal is one of the defenders? Really? And he is not surrounded by worgens?
-I still am not over fact that Mal'ganis somehow needs a ship to reach Fenris Island instead of just teleporting and he goes without troops

Third chapter
-The cache worked
-The zombies still attack me
-The noble standing in the northwest corner of the map is too isolated. I had to use Mal'ganis' ultimate ability to destroy some trees in order to reach him.
-It is the "Legion" not "legion"

I will continue tomorrow

Last edited:
Level 29
I am back

Fourth chapter
-For some reason while Tichondrius' model is red, his portrait is purple
-"Lord Archimonde" not "lord Archimonde"
-Why does the Fel Ravager has Black Arrow ability?
-The Eredar Diabolist has Parasite ability?
-The Might of the Eredar Lord abilty after unlocked is on position X:1 and Y:2
-Archimonde's abilities are weird. I unlock all of them even before level 8

Fifth chapter
-The Syndicate are from Alterac, not from Hillsbrad
-The Skeletal Mastery upgrade doesn't have a fixed position
-You should review some of the phrases since they start with minor words

Cinematic:
-Review grammar like previously

Sixth chapter
-Revenants are not affiliated with the Scourge
-I can attack the Grimtotem base from behind. You should put more trees around the base to block these paths
-The Grimtotem base has "Orc" burrows
-The Skeletal Mastery icon doesn't have fixed positon
-The Scourge and Grimtotem are of the same team?

Seventh chapter
-In the Skull of Gul'dan Doom and Dark Portal have the same hotkey "D"
-Tichondrius has the same icon and abilities as Mal'ganis
-After destroying the teal base, the mission says I destroyed both teal and purple base. The same thing happened when I destroyed the blue base
-I need to destroy trees to reach the keepers
-The hints annoucing the completion of parts of the mission appear a lot, even during the cinematic
-Fix some grammar in the final cinematic

Eighth chapter
-Fix some grammar
-Arthas summons a revenant?
-I accidently died as Arthas and the mission kept going
-The first part of the battle is very easy. The second part is difficult

Nineth chapter
-The coalition were Night Elves, Horde and Alliance not Night Elves, orcs and humans
-The hotkeys are not QWER
-There are floating corpses
-Seriously, the defenses are way better than during the "Twilight of the Gods" mission

I finished the campaign and the final mission wasn't on the list

Last edited:
Level 29

My review for version 1.1

First chapter
-"After Arthas claimed Frostmourne...etc" when it should be "After Arthas claimed Frostmourne etc"

Interlude
Mal'ganis still says "brother" and not "brothers" while adressing two dreadlords
-Mal'ganis supposedly was to destroy Gilneas and yet he goes to Fenris Isle?

Second chapter
-Dark Conversion works
-Once again, the purple faction's forces retreats right before attacking my troops
-The Skeletal Mastery upgrade icon doesn't have a fixed position
-The gate of the Greymane Wall is vulnerable

This is all for today.

Level 29
I am back

Chapter Three:
-No problems I noticed

Chapter Four:
-I forgot to say but during Archimonde's speech about destroying Dalaran some undead units are walking towards the undead base
-The Undead Scourge never attacks the enemies. They just keep recruting more units and defending
-Archimonde's abilities are weird. Occasionaly by level up, I have the chance to upgrade two abilities at once, but can't
-Shouldn't Archimonde start already with those items regarding Eredars and Argus?

Chapter Five
-The Skeletal Mastery upgrade icon doesn't have a fixed position
-Thule was on level 7 as an enemy but is level 5 as an ally?
-Orc warlocls have Shaman Master Training
-Thule's Brilliance Aura and Animate Dead have the same hotkey R
-Sometimes the Alliance decide to attack my base instead of the Demon Gate
-When we complete a mission it should say "completed" not "complete"
-There are some grammar mistakes in the last cinematic

Cinematic
-Malganis "returns back"?
-Grammar mistakes "lord Archimonde" and "legion"

Chapter Six
-I can still walk through the trees in order to attack the Grimtotem base from the flank
-Skeletal Mastery icon doesn't have fixed position
-The last barrel standing in the corner next to hidden place cannot be reached

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello, first of all, great campaign for the moment !

I'll do also a review:

For the whole campaign, the hero is named Malganis and it should be Mal'Ganis.

For the chapter 2 and the others, when we do the optional quest and kill the paladin, we get a book of the dead that grants +6 intelligence and the ability to summon zombies. In the other chapters, the book of the dead no longer gives +6 intelligence.

For the chapter 3, at the end of the battle with the mage, if there is still the infernal and elementals, they continue to fight which is a bit weird since our heroes are talking to the mage.

In the chapter 4's description, there's a grammar error "Eventually Arthas and Kel'Thuzad successfully recoverED..."
There's still a lord Archimonde instead of a Lord Archimonde in the dialogue.

I'll continue the campaign and keep you in touch for the rest !

Level 29
Need a seasoned decorator for ACT II of this campaign.

Also need someone who's good at promoting maps to promote this campaign, will include your name in the credits +Reputation and you will get to add a unique hero of your design to the campaign.

What do you mean by promoting the campaign?

Level 3
The story of the campaign goes as follows:
7-Meanwhile the player controls Archimonde on his task in destroying Dalaran
12-The player controls Illidan in his plot to reach Kil'jaeden and do his bidding after the battle of Mount Hyjal

(Upcoming)
16-Following TFT's events; The player controls Illidan/Vashj/Kael/Kargath/Akama in an attempt to fend of the legion's aggression on his foothold in Outland after he failed to destroy the Frozen Throne

woah. nice storyline though.
But in the upcoming #19.. Balnazzar? As in Balnazzar? His personal/realistic skills including the reign of chaos and the finger of death..? i guess that would be an easy mission.. but I hope you'll make it harder thoughXD

In #19, are you including the Demon Gate..?
#17 A cinematic or... a mission?
#22 Mal'Ganis battles with Arthas, Kel'Thuzad, Anub'Arak, Sapphiron, etc. ?
Great... But I haven't heard about the mission of the Legion destroying the World Tree... :(
But it's greatXD

(I have lots of things in mind that I'm just commenting such nonsense comments... even including unmentioned words.. also unexpected grammarsXD)

Level 29
#22 Mal'Ganis battles with Arthas, Kel'Thuzad, Anub'Arak, Sapphiron, etc. ?

I doubt he faces any of these. Kel'Thuzad and Sapphiron are on Naxxramas, Anub'arak on Azjol-Nerub and Arthas is on Icecrown awaiting for the heroes to reach him.

Great... But I haven't heard about the mission of the Legion destroying the World Tree... :(

There isn't. I too am dissapointed.

I am surprised that Mal'ganis doesn't appear on the Legion expansion. I expected for him to be a boss, given that he is behind many actions on Warcraft III.

Last edited:
Level 3
Why did you replace the voice actors for already voice acted characters? it just sounds like a knockoff lol. the campaign is awesome, but the voice acting is really meh. not as unbearable as some others from custom campaigns i've heard, but i wish you would have kept things like mal'ganis original voice or just not have it voice acted.

edit: also, the first mission, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get the potion of mana in the giant igloo.
and in most of the missions the AI was completely passive. never attacked my base ONCE. the design on this campaign is great, but that's a big flaw...
items not carrying over is another one.
also, one doesn't just 'raise a lich'
almost all of the liches you see in wc3 other than kel'thuzad were first generation death knights at one point, and were turned into liches. thats what rage winterchill is.
and it doesn't make any sense for illidan and friends to slaughter their way to mount hyjal, if they could do that then the legion would have just kept attacking and started corrupting the land around the world tree, and even with archimonde dead they would have won....
as they just did here lol.

Last edited:
Level 4
Why did you replace the voice actors for already voice acted characters? it just sounds like a knockoff lol. the campaign is awesome, but the voice acting is really meh. not as unbearable as some others from custom campaigns i've heard, but i wish you would have kept things like mal'ganis original voice or just not have it voice acted.

edit: also, the first mission, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get the potion of mana in the giant igloo.
and in most of the missions the AI was completely passive. never attacked my base ONCE. the design on this campaign is great, but that's a big flaw...
almost all of the liches you see in wc3 other than kel'thuzad were first generation death knights at one point, and were turned into liches. thats what rage winterchill is.
and it doesn't make any sense for illidan and friends to slaughter their way to mount hyjal, if they could do that then the legion would have just kept attacking and started corrupting the land around the world tree, and even with archimonde dead they would have won....

yeah.... thats the idea of it
you go through and attack the Human and undead bases and reach the portal. thats it.

Level 29

@Zenonoth said that the AI and items problems would be fixed in the final version, once all chapters are done.

Actually it was the death knights, warlocks and shamans that followed Ner'zhul through the Dark Portal at the end of Warcraft II Beyond the Dark Portal that were turned into liches.

But yeah, Mal'ganis raising one as a lich just like that sounds wrong. Maybe Mal'ganis has to perform a ritual or sacrifice several people to raise him?

Technically the Legion did that, but after Archimonde reached the World Tree and died, the rest of the Legion was either slaughtered or ran away.

I mean.. is it the full one..?
I think it is.
- MISSION#1: The Lich King's Betrayal (100%)
- INTERLUDE#1: The Dreadlords' Meeting (100%)
- MISSION#2: The Tranquil Silverpine (100%)
- MISSION#3: The Walls of Fenris (100%)
- MISSION#4: The Destruction of Dalaran (100%)
- MISSION#5: The Wrath of Mannoroth (100%)
- INTERLUDE#2: The Spoils of War (100%)
- MISSION#6: The Pursuit (100%)
- MISSION#7: The Skull of Gul'dan (100%)
- MISSION#8: The Confrontation (100%)
- MISSION#9: The Betrayer's Troth (100%)

Status
Not open for further replies.