1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Revenge of Mal'Ganis (Version 1.1)

Submitted by Zenonoth
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Zenonoth, Walichrage, joaquim98 presents

[​IMG]
The Revenge of Mal'Ganis ACT I - Dreadlord's Return V1.3
Zenonoth - Walichrage - joaquim98
Features

[​IMG]
- 8 Missions, 2 Interludes
- Voice acting
- Modified Undead Techtree
- AI
- Various Difficulties

Story

[​IMG]
"After his defeat at the hands of Arthas Menethil in Northrend, Mal'Ganis who was the jailer of the Lich King felt betrayed by both his dreadlord brethren and the dark lord of the undead. He plots to enact his ultimate revenge upon Arthas who's now the Lich King's champion."

Playable Characters

[​IMG]
View

[​IMG]
Mal'Ganis: The primary character of the campaign, seeking his ultimate vengeance upon Arthas.
[​IMG]
Rage Winterchill: An orc warlock buried in Fenris Keep, to be raised by Mal'Ganis to aid the legion's plans.

[​IMG]
Thule Ravenclaw: Owner of Fenris Keep who later succumbs to the will of the Lich King.
[​IMG]
Archimonde: Eredar lord of the Burning Legion who comes to Azeroth to unmake it.
[​IMG]
Mannoroth: Archimonde's enforcer, brought upon Azeroth to aid in it's invasion.
[​IMG]
Tichondrius: Another Dreadlord who seeks to corrupt the forests of Ashenvale.
[​IMG]
Prince Xavalis: A Satyr warrior, faithful to the Burning Legion.
[​IMG]
Arthas: He departs to Kalimdor to quell the legion's plans on behalf of the Lich King's orders.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
View

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Videos

[​IMG]
Playthrough by Jayborino

Playthrough by YetAnotherYoutuber

Playthrough by Dark Mega

Changelog

[​IMG]
View

- Version 1.0: Map posted
- Version 1.1: Fixed AI for second and fifth mission
- Version 1.2: Major fixes
- Version 1.3: Major fixes

Credits

[​IMG]
View

~ * MAIN TEAM * ~
Zenonoth, Walichrage, joaquim98

~ * IMPORTANT CONTRIBUTORS * ~

trebla ratilla, millzy, MasterBlaster, Robinson, Heini, sasha11, LISBOAH, deepstrasz, MogulKhan, PrinceYaser, renegade, maxxus, WarcraftLiterature,
Greenfist Warlocks, Anaxie, Wardota2 Gamer, DD Mikasa, Chaosy, Verb8im

~ * RESOURCES * ~
Eusira, Kuhneghetz, Tranquil, WyrWuulfe, apaka, hellblazer, Draknyte1, Deolrin, assasin_lord, Mephestrial, Sellenisko, Amigurumi, AlienAtSystem, Teaspoon, Chilla_killa, hortaxman, The Weird Human, Uncle Fester, eubz, Happy Tauren, bisnar13, sunchips, Ujimasa Hojo, UgoUgo, Ubernator, imforfun, Lender, HerrDave, kellym0, Blood Raven, Solu9, draken koning, 67chrome, CRAZYRUSSIAN, DforDanne, -BerZ- MatiS, Peacegetter, FersZ, Kero13, Blizzard Entertainment

PLEASE NOTIFY ME FAST IF I USED A RESOURCE YOU MADE AND I FORGOT TO INCLUDE YOU IN THE LIST.

Contents

Revenge of Mal'Ganis (Version 1.3) (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Pre V. 1.1 -not sure if the music on the campaign screen and main menu collide or not but you should check it just in case; besides no one actually stays more than a couple of seconds on the campaign screen anyway, so no music is needed there....
god1ess
I just finished playing v 1.3 (Hard Mode). Overall i enjoyed it. Bit too short perhaps the abrupt ending between chapter 7 to 8 feels disconnected story wise. I prefer RTS dominated campaigns and this is my "type of campaign", so thank you....
Freecell
I've been playing through this for the last couple of days, and I enjoyed it a lot. Personally, I found Chapter 2 to be the hardest, even though repelling enemy zeppelins was pretty easy, just because of how hard it was to take out the bases with all...
Warseeker
Hello, I've just finished playing your campaign. It was pretty fun and interesting, I like its story and features. The gameplay was okay. Here's my review : Chapter One : - Too many tomes and items are spawned in this mission which makes the...
  1. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Christmas came 6 days late for custom campaign fans :)

Thanks for making this Zenonoth! I really like the idea of playing as Mal'Ganis!

3. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    last time i play that all the items are clear for some reason from the next chapters :/

now expecting this version won't share the same fate from the previous demo version

4. Lethaldiran156

Lethaldiran156

Resources:
    Resources:
    finished downloading, gonna play it right away

5. WarLord69

WarLord69

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, @WarLord69 , thanks a lot for showing interest in our work. would be very nice of you to write a review if possible.

7. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    In this version, 1.1, chapter 9 is missing. The last playable chapter is The Confrontation, even though in the demo chapter 9 was there. Is this a bug?

8. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This chapter 9 will be present in part II/Act II of the campaign which'll be uploaded seperately

9. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah ok, gotcha

10. DwarfBoy

DwarfBoy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, I've played through this, and while I think it's a pretty decent campaign, there are some things I wish to point out.
    • When you said "Modified Undead Tech-Tree", I was expecting something like more interesting units or something, kinda like the Forsaken tech-tree's floating about. Not... new icons, some minor adjustments and 1 new unit. Maybe it's my fault for getting my expectations too high?
    • I really wish the Saytr tree was more fleshed out. As it is, it's the Naga Tree but with less development.
    • The voice acting certainly puts this above most other campaigns, and those have none what's so ever. However, the voice acting here is laughably bad. Mal'Ganis's voice actor sounds stoned out of his mind, the Lich sounds like an old man, and so on. It can be argued if this is a bad thing since 1) the fact that this campaign has voice acting is a positive itself and 2) the fact that the voice acting is bad adds to the charm. Maybe that's just me, though.
    Overall, I enjoyed it. It has a few flaws, but nothing that destroys the campaign.

Something else I want to note, if you were to add a bonus chapter referencing his appearance in WotLK, I would REALLY enjoy that, and I highly doubt you'd have trouble working something for that.

11. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ~ * 1ST UPDATE [1/1/2018] * ~
    Map Critic 404's Review

Hello @Zenonoth just played this map with my brother at a net cafe, I'm Egyptian so pardon my horrid english.

This is by far the easiest campaign I've played in my life but I guess that's because we played on easy difficulty.

These are the bugs we found.

CHAPTER 1
    - Although the campaign is easy, the end lich boss at chapter 1 was the only annoyance, he's impossible to beat even when you've collected all items, no matter what I do.. His 4 abominations, 2 necromancers make it just impossible.

CHAPTER 2
    -
    Book of the Dead says it summons skeletons but it summons Zombies instead and when their timer expires, they dissipate like the Feral Spirit dissipation
    - Zombies are very overpowered.
    - Gilneas' gate is vulnerable

CHAPTER 3
    - Thule repeats his line at the ending cinematic

CHAPTER 4
    - There's an unreachable spot with gnolls in it, a tree is blocking the path and the only way to get past it is via summoning an infernal to destroy the tree
    - Archimonde's finger ability one shots the Defense Golem, wasn't even a challenge
    - Archimonde's finger ability is learnable at level 4
    - Archimonde is powerful like hell, there's no challenge in defeating enemies because of his 100% stun chance. Only buildings annoy me.

CHAPTER 5
    - Thule Ravenclaw's ability has the same hotkey as his animate dead
    - Skeletal Mastery upgrade is missplaced

CHAPTER 6
    - The Tauren ranged unit is called: Headhunter and it has ginormous attack damage
    - Zombies can be trained from graveyard but there's no telling about it in the graveyard's tooltip
    - Tauren Miners can burrow inside their tents

CHAPTER 7
    - When I destroyed the blue base, it showed me that I destroyed both that base and the teal base..?
    - Why is Dark Portal having 1000 mana when it only summons a Felstalker when Inferno has 250 mana and it summons an Infernal, the mana costs don't make sense.
    - Prince Xavalis' spells are not QWERTY

CHAPTER 8
    - When either Arthas or Mal'Ganis summon their adds they just get spawned, they appear out of nowhere, no special effects.

THINGS I LIKED ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
    - The voice acting
    - The custom icons
    - The skins
    - The story
    - The custom Satyr race
    - The various new items you can obtain
    - The mission's gameplay time and ideas

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
    - Lack of music
    - The new undead race you modified only has 2 extra units and that's it
    - The bugs
    - Some spells are just blizzard spells and same applies to units, you just changed the icons

LORE/LOGIC MISTAKES
    - Why would Mal'Ganis go to the Twisting Nether if he can already teleport there?
    - Why would he go to Fenris Isle by a boat when he can teleport? why does he even go there when his task was to plunder Gilneas?
    - Why would they go to the Caverns of Time? I think I understood that because of Anachronos, and it's too far from Razorfen Downs
    - Ice Revenants do not side with the Scourge

Thanks for the review @Map Critic 404 here's the hotfixes I made in this new version.

CHAPTER 1
    - Although the campaign is easy, the end lich boss at chapter 1 was the only annoyance, he's impossible to beat even when you've collected all items, no matter what I do.. His 4 abominations, 2 necromancers make it just impossible.
    [NERFED THE LICH IN CHAPTER#1]

CHAPTER 2
    -
    Book of the Dead says it summons skeletons but it summons Zombies instead and when their timer expires, they dissipate like the Feral Spirit dissipation [FIXED]
    - Zombies are very overpowered. [NERFED THE ZOMBIES]
    - Gilneas' gate is vulnerable [FIXED]

CHAPTER 3
    - Thule repeats his line at the ending cinematic [FIXED]

CHAPTER 4
    - There's an unreachable spot with gnolls in it, a tree is blocking the path and the only way to get past it is via summoning an infernal to destroy the tree [FIXED]
    - Archimonde's finger ability one shots the Defense Golem, wasn't even a challenge [NERFED ARCHIMONDE'S ABILITY]
    - Archimonde's finger ability is learnable at level 4 [FIXED]
    - Archimonde is powerful like hell, there's no challenge in defeating enemies because of his 100% stun chance. Only buildings annoy me. [NERFED ARCHIMONDE'S BASH ABILITY]

CHAPTER 5
    - Thule Ravenclaw's ability has the same hotkey as his animate dead [FIXED]
    - Skeletal Mastery upgrade is missplaced [FIXED]

CHAPTER 6
    - The Tauren ranged unit is called: Headhunter and it has ginormous attack damage [FIXED]
    - Zombies can be trained from graveyard but there's no telling about it in the graveyard's tooltip [FIXED]
    - Tauren Miners can burrow inside their tents [FIXED]

CHAPTER 7
    - When I destroyed the blue base, it showed me that I destroyed both that base and the teal base..? [FIXED]
    - Why is Dark Portal having 1000 mana when it only summons a Felstalker when Inferno has 250 mana and it summons an Infernal, the mana costs don't make sense.
    [THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S SPAMMABLE WHILE THE INFERNAL/DOOMGUARD IS NOT]
    - Prince Xavalis' spells are not QWERTY [FIXED]

CHAPTER 8
    - When either Arthas or Mal'Ganis summon their adds they just get spawned, they appear out of nowhere, no special effects. [FIXED]

THINGS I LIKED ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
    - The voice acting
    - The custom icons
    - The skins
    - The story
    - The custom Satyr race
    - The various new items you can obtain
    - The mission's gameplay time and ideas

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
    - Lack of music [Will add fully custom music to be featured in next update]
    - The new undead race you modified only has 2 extra units and that's it [That's intentional for this first Act of the Campaign]
    - The bugs [Fixed most of them]
    - Some spells are just blizzard spells and same applies to units, you just changed the icons [That's intentional for this first Act of the Campaign]

LORE/LOGIC MISTAKES
    - Why would Mal'Ganis go to the Twisting Nether if he can already teleport there?
    - Why would he go to Fenris Isle by a boat when he can teleport? why does he even go there when his task was to plunder Gilneas?
    - Why would they go to the Caverns of Time? I think I understood that because of Anachronos, and it's too far from Razorfen Downs
    - Ice Revenants do not side with the Scourge
    [I 100% fully acknowledge your opinion in regards to that matter but my campaign is a little bit custom lore, it's impossible to speculate the events that happened so I added a few imagination to it, and for me it was my idea that Mal'Ganis is to appear a little bit weakened after he was struck down by Arthas; limiting his abilities to a point as for Archimonde's mission.. It's just meant to be a fun mission where you enjoy annihilating your enemies like he did in WC3]

DwarfBoy's Review

- The campaign is to be uploaded on separate ACTs, this one has only these to provide unfortunately but I'll greatly take your idea into full consideration
    - Unfortunately I'm very helpless in regards to that matter due to the lack of custom models
    - The voice acting is very cringy, yes.. that's the only thing I could get with 50$ sadly, 2 Romanian voice actors who're doing their best who voiced most characters but I promise you I'll recruit more seasoned ones in the next ACT which'll feature Illidan's forces. also
    +Rep

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  12. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    My review for version 1.1.
    I putted on the regular Revenge of Mal'ganis thread instead of this thread

First chapter
    -"After Arthas claimed Frostmourne...etc" when it should be "After Arthas claimed Frostmourne etc"

Interlude
    Mal'ganis still says "brother" and not "brothers" while adressing two dreadlords
    -Mal'ganis supposedly was to destroy Gilneas and yet he goes to Fenris Isle?

Second chapter
    -Dark Conversion works
    -Once again, the purple faction's forces retreats right before attacking my troops
    -The Skeletal Mastery upgrade icon doesn't have a fixed position
    -The gate of the Greymane Wall is vulnerable

Chapter Three:
    -No problems I noticed

Chapter Four:
    -I forgot to say but during Archimonde's speech about destroying Dalaran some undead units are walking towards the undead base
    -The Undead Scourge never attacks the enemies. They just keep recruting more units and defending
    -Archimonde's abilities are weird. Occasionaly by level up, I have the chance to upgrade two abilities at once, but can't
    -Shouldn't Archimonde start already with those items regarding Eredars and Argus?

Chapter Five
    -The Skeletal Mastery upgrade icon doesn't have a fixed position
    -Thule was on level 7 as an enemy but is level 5 as an ally?
    -Orc warlocls have Shaman Master Training
    -Thule's Brilliance Aura and Animate Dead have the same hotkey R
    -Sometimes the Alliance decide to attack my base instead of the Demon Gate
    -When we complete a mission it should say "completed" not "complete"
    -There are some grammar mistakes in the last cinematic

Cinematic
    -Malganis "returns back"?
    -Grammar mistakes "lord Archimonde" and "legion"

Chapter Six
    -I can still walk through the trees in order to attack the Grimtotem base from the flank
    -Skeletal Mastery icon doesn't have fixed position
    -The last barrel standing in the corner next to hidden place cannot be reached

13. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My review for version 1.1.
    I putted on the regular Revenge of Mal'ganis thread instead of this thread

First chapter
    -"After Arthas claimed Frostmourne...etc" when it should be "After Arthas claimed Frostmourne etc"

Interlude
    Mal'ganis still says "brother" and not "brothers" while adressing two dreadlords (That's intentional, as he talking to Anetheron)
    -Mal'ganis supposedly was to destroy Gilneas and yet he goes to Fenris Isle? (That's intentional, as he is to pursue the Refugees there as Illustrated in the 4th map)

Second chapter
    -Dark Conversion works
    -Once again, the purple faction's forces retreats right before attacking my troops (Need confirmation for that bug)
    -The Skeletal Mastery upgrade icon doesn't have a fixed position [FIXED]
    -The gate of the Greymane Wall is vulnerable [FIXED]

Chapter Three:
    -No problems I noticed

Chapter Four:
    -I forgot to say but during Archimonde's speech about destroying Dalaran some undead units are walking towards the undead base (That's intentional as they're mobilizing to defend the base)
    -The Undead Scourge never attacks the enemies. They just keep recruting more units and defending (That's intentional, as they're defending the base while Archimonde destroys Dalaran)
    -Archimonde's abilities are weird. Occasionaly by level up, I have the chance to upgrade two abilities at once, but can't [FIXED]
    -Shouldn't Archimonde start already with those items regarding Eredars and Argus? [FIXED]

Chapter Five
    -The Skeletal Mastery upgrade icon doesn't have a fixed position [FIXED]
    -Thule was on level 7 as an enemy but is level 5 as an ally? (That's intentional as he was weakened by Mal'Ganis)
    -Orc warlocls have Shaman Master Training (That's intentional)
    -Thule's Brilliance Aura and Animate Dead have the same hotkey R [FIXED]
    -Sometimes the Alliance decide to attack my base instead of the Demon Gate (That's intentional as it's meant to divide your attention)
    -When we complete a mission it should say "completed" not "complete" [FIXED]
    -There are some grammar mistakes in the last cinematic [FIXED]

Cinematic
    -Malganis "returns back"?
    -Grammar mistakes "lord Archimonde" and "legion"

Chapter Six
    -I can still walk through the trees in order to attack the Grimtotem base from the flank (Need confirmation for that bug)
    -Skeletal Mastery icon doesn't have fixed position [FIXED]
    -The last barrel standing in the corner next to hidden place cannot be reached [FIXED]

14. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am sorry I didn't put on this thread my reviews earlier.

A pity... I would love to see Mal'ganis kill Greymane...

If I was Archimonde I would be like "Hey I am talking here, don't walk on my front!":D

I am just saying because Warlocks are not the same thing that Shamans

15. DarkSword123

DarkSword123

Resources:
    Resources:
    I put the map in the campaigns section but it doesn't show up my version is 1.24

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Weird...

Most likely it is because of the version...

17. DarkSword123

DarkSword123

Resources:
    Resources:
    What's wrong with my version ?

18. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Most maps made on the new 1.28 version will create errors if you play from an old version. Is there anyway you can update to 1.28?

19. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map uses a modified version of Chain Lightning which is only present in 1.28+ versions methinks.