• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slashcraft 1.4.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Keywords:
Slashcraft Fighting Game Mortal Kombat Street Fighter
Contents

Slashcraft 1.4.2 (Map)

Reviews
17:49, 15th Jul 2011 ap0calypse: Rejected Multi-upload.

M

17:49, 15th Jul 2011
ap0calypse: Rejected

Multi-upload.

Level 28
The special abilities are really poorly designed.
The flame-guy was constantly killing himself (my friend played as him, and all I had to do was run around and I would win, without even having to attack).
The nature-guy (ent) has the most useless special ever: he gets like 5% health, and 2 seconds later he loses 5% health. The bad thing? In those 2 seconds, you can't even move. So it's basically a free hit for the opponent.

The movement is also very sloppy, but this is mostly Warcraft's fault for having slow key events.

I suggest you...
1) Give more information in-game (About the different character, their specials etc).
2) Re-design all spells. For uniques, targetting the middle just doesn't cut it. Also, being able to hit yourself should be an option (which is initially OFF). And with only 2 spells, the game gets repetitive very quickly.
3) Give hotkeys (or at least show which hotkeys you can use) to the different commands.
4) Add combo's?
5) Energy bar? Or did you not add them on purpose?

Level 9
2 spells? I see you haven't read anything either.
You should grab the cursor and point on the tutorial section (which can be found where you'd usually find the armor information) and you'll see what I meant.
The flame-guy's abilities hit both him and the enemy, so the player playing him should watch out for that. His special takes a while to charge, he can leave it anytime, and he won't be damaged that way. His S2 (the one you prolly haven't seen) damages him, just so it doesn't get spammed.
The nature-guy's special is a 2-second shield. After 2 seconds, he only loses the shield. He can reduce the damage of high-damage attacks with that ability. For example, if he gets hit by an attack that'd normally deal 6 damage, and he has his special active (the 2 seconds), he will only receive 1 damage. I guess you haven't seen his S2 either.

I've been thinking about adding a description to the same place where the tutorial is, and you'd be able to toggle between the two by hitting escape. Initially you'd find the tutorial at the location, and if you hit escape, you'll get tutorial number 2, which is a description of the character that you picked. Not sure about that yet.

I'm limited to the options of Warcraft 3. This will never become a fighting game, so the thing that makes the difference between characters is the way they work (for example, targeting the middle of the area you're fighting in).

Hotkeys are listed in the tutorial (that can hardly be called a tutorial, it's a nice and clear description anyway).

Initially there was a combo system that I eventually replaced with the ability to toggle between S1 and S2 by pressing the down key. It was working, but I would've needed a different approach regarding sound and damage. You would've only had time between the start of the attack animation and the actual damage, that is about 0,2 seconds. The current way is a lot better I think. I also might add one more ability for each champion, but it isn't easy to figure out what - like I said, the options are limited (animation and whatnot).

Energy bar is something that's actually replaced by cooldowns. I've been thinking about adding some sort of value (%) that increases your ultimate's damage (or healing, summoned servitor damage, whatever) when you use it. Not sure yet.

I feel bad about you not reading all of the descriptions, although the all the text I added to the game was pretty short. I'm still glad you got back to me so fast, and I appreciate that you shared your thoughts with me.
Thanks!

Level 28
2 spells? I see you haven't read anything either.
I read the most I could (I was also in speak, so note that I had less time to read stuff).
However: if I DID see text, I read it.

the tutorial section (which can be found where you'd usually find the armor information)
OH yeah, it was really my intention to hover over the ARMOR icon. That's the first reaction I have in EVERY game!
Putting a tutorial there? Come on! Seriously: it is YOUR job to make it easy for the players. I read the most I can in the time I had, but in-game there was no apparent information.
How about you add quests? That is so much better, I always read the quests section. I read armor/damage values in RPG's and TD's, and other games where it actually matters.
In this game,

The nature-guy's special is a 2-second shield. After 2 seconds, he only loses the shield
How should I know it's a shield? Where does it say that? And why does my health increase then? And I can't do anything within those 2 seconds, while otherwise you can just walk away from most spells. The shield is mostly useless.

No S2's, again: your fault. not mine.

Hotkeys should be mentioned in the tooltip decription/name

I feel bad about you not reading all of the descriptions, although the all the text I added to the game was pretty short.
Oh yeah, make ME feel bad. I put all the blame on YOU for this.
I read all descriptions I have seen, I do this for every game! That you put the tutorial in such a crappy place is completely your fault.
You know, you succeeded though: I do feel bad. I feel bad that I didn't find out about the tutorial section. But you cannot expect everyone to just find it.
Again: quests. So much easier, can contain information in a much more structured way as well. I don't know why you didn't use quests in the first place. I still cannot fathom why you would place a tutorial in the ARMOR value...

Combo's exist in many forms and shapes. Attack combinations (attack 1, attack 2) are one thing, spell combinations another.
Most fighting games have both, but I realize this can get pretty sloppy in Warcraft.

I may sound harsh, but I always do, especially if it's (in my eyes) necessary to make my point come across to the other person.

Level 9
The loading screen points out that new players should read the tutorial, and it also tells you where you can find it. The video above also shows you what to do (although it's true that it isn't as clearly visible as it should be - well, at least it says that it replaces the armor).

I'll keep the tutorial where it is, but I'll also add descriptions of every champion as quests (which I have already started doing). Thanks for the idea.

It's true that the Shepherd's shield is a bit weird, but while he has his shield on, he can launch his S2 to damage his enemy (while he's taking decreased damage). If you had discovered the S2 abilities, you would've seen why it is useful. It needs to be combined with the other Special.

It's no problem if you're telling me your opinion in a harsh way, I know when you're right, and I also know when I am.

Level 28
me said:
I was also in speak, so note that I had less time to read stuff
The map loads extremely fast as well, so I couldn't even get past the first sentence of the second paragraph before loading ended (maybe because of speak, I do not know).
That little sentence about the tutorial is right at the end.

Besides, it says "the small tutorial around the hero's portrait".
That means players actually have to find the tutorial themselves, how inconvenient is that?

It is a mapper's duty to make sure that new players are guided through the game as smooth as possible.
Now I know about it, it's not hard to find, but for new players? You lose a great deal of potential players just because they do not know how to play (yes, that includes me).

Level 9
Nobody's forced to 'press any key to continue' before they've finished reading.
You also have to 'find' the quests tab, I mean it doesn't just pop up... Well wait, it says quests, so that might give you a clue that something's there. Just like the text 'tutorial'. Initially the quests tab should mean that there are quests there, and not descriptions. It's just something that a lot of mappers use a different way, I don't see why I couldn't do the same thing with armor. It's also something that can be left right there while fighting, if you simply leave the cursor on the small orb. Can't do that with the help of the quests tab, can you?
At this point I'm just going to stop arguing. It just doesn't seem to make a sense.

If I lose any players, then I lose them because there some dumbasses who ask me how to pick a champion despite the fact that it's clearly described what you have to do.
I'm not really amining for a lot of people, this is a short game for people who know each other and get used to the map over time. Obviously I want people to play the map, but it doesn't bug me if there are only 2 or 3 people who tried it and like it. I'm making this map because it's fun.
Anyway, I've already added the hotkeys to the spells. Guess that'll help a bit.
Thanks again for sharing your point of view with me. I totally need this kind of feedback, because I'm the one who makes the map, so I know everything about it, but I need some other perspectives as well to make it better.

Level 28
Nobody's forced to 'press any key to continue' before they've finished reading.
My friend. What, you're going to tell me he's just a dumbass? You're going to tell me he shouldn't be playing that game? Is that it?

You also have to 'find' the quests tab
You're being absolutely idiotic here, excuse the language.
You do NOT have to find the "quests" tab, it's there. It's for everyone to see. You are completely wrong on that one. If it is grayed out, then it doesn't contain anything. If it isn't, then it contains information. That is how it works in Warcraft.
Quests in a fighting game? Come on, you're just being ridiculous... even IF there were quests, then game messages would (should) announce those, I assume you do know at least the basic principles of a game?
Besides, you can rename it to "Information" as well. How convenient! And you can flash it! So even the people who didn't notice it now do. And it has its own hotkey! Can't get any better than that.

Your tutorial, you actually have to find it, as you never specify an actual location. "Somewhere around the portrait" is stupid.
Where do you see a game with "For new players, there's a button somewhere that contains the tutorial, just... hover over it and read it"? Nowhere. Not a single game should contain something like that.

Even though you can rename "armor" as well, you didn't! You can't even read the tutorial before the game starts! So everything you do, you have to do in-game, while some guy is mashing your head in. That's not user-friendly!

you simply leave the cursor on the small orb. Can't do that with the help of the quests tab, can you?
I can, but why would I? As far as I knew, it just contained the standard armor values...
Besides, I don't want a quest-tab to tell me to hover over the armor value, I want that tab to tell me what to do.
Why would I even LOOK at the armor-value? It's a fighting game for christ's sake! Armor and damage are most likely irrelevant, I don't look at irrelevant things.

If I lose any players, then I lose them because there some dumbasses
No. Just no. With this point of view, you will get nowhere.
Who are you to call others a dumbass? Not saying that YOU are a dumbass, but you do not know the other people you just called a dumbass. And that includes me, you called me a dumbass.
I will not tolerate that, I just won't. You have to respect people who play your map, no matter what they think.

this is a short game for people who know each other
I wanted to play the game with a friend, actually. It's the only person I ever play with on b.net, so I know him pretty well. But no, I did not like the game, and this might be because you decided that you should treat us all like we can read your mind.
Newsflash: WE CAN'T! I have played many, many games. Many hundreds of different maps in Warcraft, and a lot of actual games as well. Every game that isn't a piece of crap guides new players, that is also how every game should be.

I need some other perspectives as well to make it better.
Then go and adjust your point of view to actually ACCEPT what other people say.

Last edited:
Level 9
You're hilarious. I see it doesn't matter what I say, you're understanding it your way. Actually I never called you or your friend a dumbass, it's you who called me idiotic and whatever.
I wasn't talking about quests in a fighting game either. I just said that in Warcraft, initially there are quests under that menu. What do you mean I didn't rename armor? I did rename it, it says 'tutorial'. Also, you don't seem to understand that the video also describes that the tutorial replaces the armor.
I am also accepting what other people say. Haven't you noticed? I've mentioned several things that I've started working on since you mentioned the problems. I even said thanks, but you just keep talking to me in that harsh language without reason.
You're simply not getting a word there.

Level 28
You're hilarious. I see it doesn't matter what I say, you're understanding it your way. Actually I never called you or your friend a dumbass, it's you who called me idiotic and whatever.
Oh, come on! Stop whining. What you were saying is just idiotic, and that hasn't got anything to do with the person himself. Everyone says idiotic things, you're one of them.
You said players have to 'find' the quest tab, tell me how that is NOT an idiotic thing to say. It's ridiculous! Nobody has to 'find' the quests tab! THAT is idiotic, no matter what you say.

I wasn't talking about quests in a fighting game either. I just said that in Warcraft, initially there are quests under that menu.
I know you weren't, you said that "initially [...] there are quests there, and not descriptions". But even Blizzard uses that tab to display information, so what exactly do you mean with "Initially"? The exact same year that Warcraft was released? Because anything after that, the quest tab has been used to display (mostly) information about the map.
Why yes. in the campaigns it contains quests. Well OF COURSE it does, because campaigns are supposed to have quests.
But Blizzard's custom games (scenario) does use the quest tab. They use that tab to display information. And since I have been mapping, which is about 7 years ago, everyone has used that tab to display information. Now you suddenly make it hard for everyone by changing that location to something so far-fetched that it just isn't user-friendly?

What do you mean I didn't rename armor? I did rename it, it says 'tutorial'.
I couldn't see that, because I cannot play it in Single Player. And I cannot view the tutorial unless the game starts. A flaw you didn't even try to defend.

Also, you don't seem to understand that the video also describes that the tutorial replaces the armor.
Who says I didn't understand that? I'm sorry, but why do I HAVE to watch the video in order to know how the map works?
You should know better than to have everyone who ever wants to play your map watch a video.

I am also accepting what other people say. Haven't you noticed? I've mentioned several things that I've started working on since you mentioned the problems. I even said thanks, but you just keep talking to me in that harsh language without reason.
Oh, but I do have my reasons. I even told you the reason I do so, and you said it was no problem that I did. So really, what was your point again?
And the only thing you've changed is, so far, adding hotkeys to the spell names. Which you should've done in the first place as well, there is no denying that those hotkeys have to be there.

You're simply not getting a word there.
Then what are you gaining here? Do you really think that your "armor tutorial" is so much better and easier?
Seriously, what do you have against the quest tab? Why is it so hard for you to add a new quest with all information?
It is much easier to give quests a certain structure, making reading easier, than the armor values. And it is easier for everyone to find!

Level 9
By finding the quests tab, I mean you have to move your cursor to it, then click on it. You have to move your cursor to the armor too. Same effort, not a huge task. The quests tab says quests (I know it can be changed, I'll get back to that in a second). The armor says tutorial. It's pretty much the same distance from the centre of the screen. I'm not saying that the quests tab solution is any worse. The only difference between them is that my solution is something new. That doesn't make it any worse, people just need to get used to it. If it had been done that way for several years (the way I did it now), and I put my descriptions in the quests tab, you'd have the same reaction, but instead, you'd tell me that it's stupid to put it up as a quest.
I do know that it is a common thing to put descriptions under the quests tab.
Like I said, I don't care about you being harsh, I'm not 'whining' either, I'll just prolly never understand why people do that. Besides, it's not only the hotkeys that I've changed so far, I've also added a description of every champion to the quests tab. Yes, I also changed the name and made it flash at the beginning - thing is, I know how it's done, I just didn't like the layout and didn't want to have a short tutorial in there, so I made something new instead. And no, it isn't any worse than the quests tab solution. It's just something people aren't used to.
As I mentioned earlier, I'm not aiming for the random people scattered over the internet. I'm trying to get a few people who get used to the game (you can't do that with a single game, so you need to get back to it several times, eventually you'll discover everything), so yes, they should watch the video. And even if they don't, the loading screen says everything. Don't tell me that if it tells you that there is a tutorial close to the champion's portrait, you won't be able to find a text that also says tutorial. That'd be rather stupid.

Level 28
I don't think I'd say it would be stupid to add it to the quest, even if I were new to it. I'm open to new things, despite what it may seem like to you right now.
You don't even HAVE to move your mouse to the quest-tab, pressing F9 might be easier for some.

My friend said something like "I do not want to play that game again, replay value is too low and I constantly get killed by my own spells. Games like that shouldn't be approved either in my opinion". And no, I'm not just making that up.
When I told him that there was a tutorial in the armor section, and that there were multiple specials, I offered him to play the game again. He refused and said "Armor value? Never would've guessed... don't want to play it again either way".
I gave the map a chance (2 chances, actually), but we did not "get used to it", you made sure we wouldn't get used to it by making things so hard for us (yes, really).
Maybe my friend would've gone for another round if you just done things the way they were meant to be? Or maybe it's just because his spells backfired and you can only target the middle with some spells and the controls aren't smooth?

Don't tell me that if it tells you that there is a tutorial close to the champion's portrait, you won't be able to find a text that also says tutorial. That'd be rather stupid.
Extremely short loading time, in speak (because it's mean for people who already know each other), nobody looks at the armor value.
It would indeed be stupid, if I had time to actually read it.

Level 9
Like I said earlier. The game won't start if you don't 'press any key to continue'. The text on the loading screen is just as short as a champion's description would be. And there will be 12 of those descriptions, so I don't see why people wouldn't spend a few seconds reading that extra stuff. If you had spent 3-4 more seconds on that part, you would've discovered the second special ability which makes the game a lot different. Also, how come your friend decided that the replay value is too low after that single game? There were 6 different champions at that time, and he only tried one. He also didn't have a clue there is an S2 ability, not only S1. Also, he picked the only character that damages itself. Like I said, you need to get used to the game, you need to master your champion. This isn't the only game where a character is using abilities at the cost of its own life...
I totally accept that you guys don't want to give the map a second try. The only thing that's bugging me is that you do so because none of you wanted to spend some extra time reading the loading screen (no, fast loading is not an excuse, if you don't press a key, it won't disappear).
You're asking for further descriptions, but refuse to read the map's introduction itself.
(If you're not following the advise the map gives you, you won't be able to play it correctly as a new player. That's exactly what happened.)

Level 28
Like I said earlier. The game won't start if you don't 'press any key to continue'.
Indeed, but you are living in an idealistic world where everyone finishes reading the loading screen before playing. Wake up, this isn't that world!

From my tutorial:
When your map has a very short loading time, don't put too much on it.
Do not type a very long text that the player cannot read in the time he has.
[...]
always make sure you have a little 'break' between you finishing reading the description and the game starting
I couldn't read the loading screen in the time I was given...

no, fast loading is not an excuse, if you don't press a key, it won't disappear.
But is IS an excuse. Read above about the idealistic world you're living in.
Your target audience is way too small, if that is the case: I will reject the map from the hive. It's better to manually pass this map around if the only people you want to play this map have to fit your specifications.
How can you expect each and every person who plays your map to finish reading the loading screen, even after the loading is done?
You are forcing your own vision onto the players. Not good.

Also, how come your friend decided that the replay value is too low after that single game? There were 6 different champions at that time, and he only tried one. He also didn't have a clue there is an S2 ability, not only S1. Also, he picked the only character that damages itself. Like I said, you need to get used to the game, you need to master your champion.
Because the movement was sloppy, we got bored throughout the fight because everything happened so slow (attacking takes long, you cannot attack while jumping, spell casting takes long).
For an action game, everything is just too slow.
How can we master our champion if we just don't want to play the game? Maybe the game would be fun if my friend wanted to play a bit more, but no: the road to 'mastering' the game is just too boring.

I totally accept that you guys don't want to give the map a second try.
*ahem* HE didn't want to give it a second try. And since I only play with him on b.net, I didn't really have much choice, did I?
And come on, you put ALL the blame on that we didn't read the loading screen.
How can you possibly, as a mapper, put the MOST IMPORTANT part of the game at such an unlucky location? The last sentence of the loading screen... Is it really OUR fault? I think not.

This isn't the only game where a character is using abilities at the cost of its own life...
The problem here is, that it is "friendly fire"-kind of damage, not "at the cost of X% of your HP, do spell"-kind of damage, which is a huge difference.
Because of Warcraft's crappy key events, he just constantly hit himself without being able to hit me. The spells that you describe are more like Blood Magic, which wouldn't be a problem at all.

If you're not following the advise the map gives you, you won't be able to play it correctly as a new player. That's exactly what happened.
If you're not guiding new players so everything is laid out for them, they won't be able to play it correctly. That's exactly what happened.

Level 9
if I DID see text, I read it
If I'm living in an idealistic world where people finish reading the loading screen, then you're living in an idealistic world where everybody puts every single description under the quests tab. I'm refusing to follow the herd.
Loading screen or not, it is a part of the map whether you want to accept it or not. The text is also really short. I added the points players need to follow, I did my part, it's up to the people to either read and follow them or say that the map sucks and just abandon it.
If the reason for my map being rejected is people not willing to read a short introduction (clearly that's the case, as nobody's forced to skip it), then something's really wrong.

Level 28
you're living in an idealistic world where everybody puts every single description under the quests tab. I'm refusing to follow the herd.
This hasn't got anything to do with 'the herd'. I, for one, do things my own way: I don't listen to popular music, I don't do things that most people do and I certainly don't give in to 'the herd', in fact: I reject them. If you knew me in real-life, you would know that. You would know that I go against the flock, against the others.
But this is a matter of making it easy for users, you have to get past that 'the herd'-thing, because it's seriously annoying for new players and is making your map worse.
That's not an idealistic world, putting information in an easy-to-find spot is logical!

Loading screen or not, it is a part of the map whether you want to accept it or not.
Who said I didn't accept that? Where did I say that it is NOT part of the map? What does this even prove?

The text is also really short. I added the points players need to follow, I did my part, it's up to the people to either read and follow them or say that the map sucks and just abandon it.
You did your part? You are the mapper! I played the map as a 'generic player', and it appeared to me that you did NOT do your part! Or at the very least, you didn't do a good job.
If you HAD done your job, I would've found the tutorial AND I would have read it.
The text was too long, no matter how 'short' you say it is. I wasn't able to read it in the time.
And I already told you a million times about the entire "skipping" thing.

If the reason for my map being rejected is people not willing to read a short introduction (clearly that's the case, as nobody's forced to skip it), then something's really wrong.
That's not what I said either, nor is it "what it comes down to". Your way of thinking is too narrow, too shallow.

Level 9
If the loading screen is as much a part of the map as the fighting itself, then I still don't understand why you aren't reading it. Actually, I do: you don't want to waste your time on the loading screen. I, for one, wouldn't want to waste my time at the character selection. That could even make me think 'oh wow, why did that dude add descriptions of champions? what a waste of time!'. Some people aren't even able to read the text that tells you how to pick a champion. There were players who asked me how to select, despite the parts saying 'LEFT/RIGHT' and 'ESCAPE'. Doesn't matter how good you are, how clear your description is, you will never be able to satisfy everyone.
You were right about one thing, though - the tutorial should be visible from the start, and I'll make that happen for the next version. I still believe that its location is as clear as the quests tab. The only problem is that the solution is new.
I can't find the part where you said something about rejecting the map, but I found the part where your friend mentioned that it shouldn't be approved.
And wow, let's not talk about the way of thinking.

Level 28
If the loading screen is as much a part of the map as the fighting itself.
It is a part of the map, but there are ranges of importance as well.
Obviously the game is much, much, much more important than the loading screen. You do understand that, do you?

I still don't understand why you aren't reading it.
You're still upset about that? You still cannot get your mind over the fact that I pressed any key when the game told me to do so?
Besides, I read until the loading was ready. Do not say "why you aren't reading it", because I WAS reading it. That's not so hard to understand, is it?

I, for one, wouldn't want to waste my time at the character selection. That could even make me think 'oh wow, why did that dude add descriptions of champions?
The descriptions are there for people who like to read it. It's always nice to have nice descriptions available. Where did I say that your loading screen should not contain the information about the tutorial? You just added some useless information as well and placed the most important info at the end, which has the lowest chance of players actually reading it.

But you see, the loading screen is a one-chance-only thing. If you didn't read it at the start, the entire game is completely ruined in your map. See how fragile that is? See how easily you can lose players, just because you do not place the most important information about your map in an easy-to-find spot? I do.
A quest-tab can be reopened as many times as you want, whenever you want (well, maybe not while fighting, unless you both agree on a small time-out, but at the moment you have to do that as well for reading the current tutorial - luckily that's about to change).

And wow, let's not talk about the way of thinking.
Why not? It's interesting.
This is a short version of some (probably incorrect) information of what I gathered about you: you just don't give a shit about the players.
There are many ways to make it easy for new players, but you just neglected it all and went your own way, because "oooh, then I'm not part of 'the herd', yeah! I'm a revolutionary!".
That is my vision of you. Biased and incorrect, but at least not baseless.

Level 9
A quest-tab can be reopened as many times as you want, whenever you want
You seem to be forgetting that the loading screen doesn't contain the tutorial itself, only its location. So loading screen or not, the tutorial can still be seen when you want to 'open' it. It's quite practical as well, as you don't even have to 'close' it.

Why not? It's interesting.
I don't see why it would be interesting to watch you judge me without knowing anything about me. I also don't understand why you share that with me when it is 'propably incorrect', and anyway, what does all this have to do with the map?
"oooh, then I'm not part of 'the herd', yeah! I'm a revolutionary!"
And that part is just a silly attempt to make me look bad. Never liked that kind of attitude. I'm the only one who knows what I am thinking.

Different people have different loading times. It's impossible to satisfy everyone, like I said earlier. There will always be a person who loads the map in about a second, making the whole introduction part pointless (the way you see it).

Anyway, from this point on I do not wish to participate in this silly quarrel. I've uploaded a new version of the map, I'll need a moderator to test it and either approve it or reject it (I'll just leave it as it is if that's the case).

Level 28
You seem to be forgetting that the loading screen doesn't contain the tutorial itself, only its location. So loading screen or not, the tutorial can still be seen when you want to 'open' it. It's quite practical as well, as you don't even have to 'close' it.
Without having read that sentence, I never would have guessed a tutorial could be in such a concealed location. So I HAD to read the loading screen to find the tutorial.

I don't see why it would be interesting to watch you judge me without knowing anything about me. I also don't understand why you share that with me when it is 'propably incorrect', and anyway, what does all this have to do with the map?
I wasn't judging you! You must be out of your mind to think that I was actually judging you!
READ what I have written. Carefully this time. This is how I feel about you, this is the image you are shaping of yourself - nothing to do with judgement, nothing to do with the real-life you. Just my image of you in this thread.
Incorrect? Yes, but interesting? Most definitely, because everything you have said so far points to that you do not care that you lose players, you don't care that the tutorial is hard to find. It's something like a "security check" for you: if they press any key before reading the tutorial, then they're not fit enough to play your map.

See? That's interesting data right there, even if it isn't true. Because that's really what's going on, even if you didn't INTEND it to be, you DID create that security check, you DID make your map hard to access for new players.
THAT'S why it is interesting, THAT'S why it's got a lot to do with the map.

And that part is just a silly attempt to make me look bad. Never liked that kind of attitude. I'm the only one who knows what I am thinking.
Awh, that wasn't really my point... It's not a silly attempt at anything, it is how you come across to me. I never said you were anything like that, I even said you weren't like that actually. Did you read that part? The part where I said that you probably weren't like that?