1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Black Company Beta v1.5

Submitted by Herogod
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Beta version.
A campaign being made by BadThrall based on the book called "The Black Company" by Glen Cook. Story intro:
Croaker spoke to assembled Company:
In olden times the outfit consisted entirely of black soldiers. Thus the name. Its slow drift northward has seen not only its diminustion but a shift in its makeup. One-Eye is the only black man with us today.
We are the last of the Twelve True Companies. We have out-endured the others by more than a century, but I fear we're into our twilight days. I fear this may be the Company's final commission. A page of history is about to turn. Once it does, the great warrior brotherhoods will be gone and forgotten.
But Croaker was wrong...Some feel the Lady, newly risen from centuries in thrall, stands between humankind and evil. Some feel she is evil itself. The hardbitten men of the Black Company take their pay and do what they must buring their doubts with their dead.
Until the prophecy: The White Rose has been reborn, somewhere, to embody good once more.
There must be a way for the Black Company to find her...
If you want to read more into it, here are some excerpts from the book, thanks to Amazon.com:http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0812521390/ref=sib_fs_top/104-7561460-5415931?%5Fencoding=UTF8&p=S009&checkSum=v R1%2BEfW %20oVph3jcZ5oF4H8kRD0jM57G82Du04dLHMQF8%3D#
Other downloads here: http://mods.moddb.com/5566/the-black-company/downloads/
Contents

The Black Company Beta v1.5 (Campaign)

Reviews
Craka_J: A pretty well made Campaign. Approved.
  1. Craka_J: A pretty well made Campaign. Approved.

2. RedSword

RedSword

Resources:
    Resources:
    A description would be appreciated.

3. snake

snake

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow very good campaign!

4. King Stubby

King Stubby

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really like this! When's the new version coming out? :D

5. JasinTheBard

JasinTheBard

Resources:
    Resources:
    Truly Magnificent! Just finished the Beta, and I'm stunned. I think this is even better than the regular campaign! I just want more, more and more! Don't drop this shit!

6. Andriejj

Andriejj

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's already dropped, lol :/

BadThrall maps no more.

7. King Stubby

King Stubby

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why? This is great! Why would he drop it before finishing the story?

8. Basinator

Basinator

Resources:
    Resources:
    really good campaign but has a few bugs..

9. Costin_Razvan

Costin_Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Too bad its droped :( awsome campaign :S

10. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    cool campaign but.., why he droped?.. :( it culd have been the best campaign..

11. PredAlien

PredAlien

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you want more, read the books by Glen Cook... This campaign only covers some of the events during the first book. After that, there are actually an additional 9 books in the series.

12. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It was pretty fun. In interesting story. But a lot of the skins looked retarted like a Orc with a mustache counts as a human?

13. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    cinematics are waaaaaaay too long. and pressing the esc button doesnt help.

14. Gamer1

Gamer1

Resources:
    Resources:
    The description from a fan of the map:
    An interesting and involving story with lots of cutscenes,likeable characters,drama,comedy....
    A very new system overall-the battles are incredibly hard and challenging and feature the old paper/rock/scissors system with a twist....
    The gold system is absolutely new and...imo the best in any w3 map,even better than the original campaign.
    The campaign was never finished and only lasts half the 1st book(of 9-10),but even at that it took me quite a few hours,because as i said the battles are fun and challenging.I strongly recommend wasting some hours of your life on this :p
    PS:to the author,if you read this please,please,please finish it and i'll worship you 4ever.Kthxbye

15. jijbentdik

jijbentdik

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yup he's right. When the cinematic with the snow city came, I was watching TV :xxd:

16. Dylanyo123

Dylanyo123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty big dowload time, i guess its epic sized

17. Kiamati

Kiamati

Resources:
    Resources:
    This capaign's almost perfect, though you should definitely change two things:

1) Please, please, PLEASE, add the option to skip the cinematics. Especially towards the end, I mean, I like cinematics, provided that they don't last over 30 MINUTES!

2) You should lower the difficult level of a few missions, particularly the last ones. They are impossible and using cheats ruins all the fun.

That said, you did a great job. With a few improvements, your campaign will be just perfect.
    4/5

18. rickamaru

rickamaru

Resources:
    Resources:
    amzaing campaign, awesome story, and incredibly hard at times (a couple times i sat there going "how the hell?") Really wish the campaign would get finished but i guess that cant be changed. I think i will look into the series and read the rest of it.

19. Skylevis

Skylevis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is truly an almost-masterpiece, sadly, i hope it would have continued. 5/5