Satyr Headhunter

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
i just noticed the obvious lack of Satyr models here. Reason: No love for our poor 'ol hoofed friends.

this'll be the last model for the week.

Keywords:
Satyr, hooves, horns, skull, demon?
Contents

Satyr Headhunter (Model)

Satyr Headhunter (Model)

Reviews
14:19, 9th Oct 2011 DonDustin: I do have to agree with the rest: the concept and the texture choice are excellent, but the animations really look awful cause of the proportions of the mesh. So there are 2 possible ways to fix it: either change the...
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

14:19, 9th Oct 2011
DonDustin: I do have to agree with the rest: the concept and the texture choice are excellent, but the animations really look awful cause of the proportions of the mesh.
So there are 2 possible ways to fix it: either change the proportions to the draenei model ones or change the animations set.

DonDustin: Changes have been made. Really nice model with a creative texture use.

Level 9
You failed this model. Nice texture using idea, but awfull animations and... look at his hands and weapon-_-

Perhaps you could teach Ampharos a lesson at model making then? Clearly, only someone of your vast talents can show that failure how to make a good model.

And teach me some of your skills please.
Nah, im just kidding :p

On Topic: Awesome model and cool use of the wendigo texture.

well.. i agree that you stretched him out a bit too much, well, it looks more satyr-ish, sure, but it really looks odd when moving.. perhaps you should shorten his arms and hands, but leaving the weapon part to stick out. kinda would maybe give him more grip or so to actually grip that claw with a hand too.

other thing is that you do need to bulk him up to better suit akama anims

Level 25
Amazing use of the Wendigo's texture! =D

Perhaps you could teach Ampharos a lesson at model making then? Clearly, only someone of your vast talents can show that failure how to make a good model.

Challenge accepted lol.

i seriously don't find anything wrong with the Draenei animation set and the weapon.

Animations are ok, but you failed while you were working with bones. Seriosly this model is worst of yours only becouse of animations.

Level 25
I still don't see you trying to explain how to fix that.. :/

Try to make animations from sketch or just take once again drainai model and reconnect model to bones\change proportions. There are lots of ways to fix that ..

Why it comes that I see nothing wrong with the animations? :ogre_icwydt:

Maybe you are not a model maker or just a noob. Im too lasy to search so i dunno:D . Check out spell animation for example.

Try to make animations from sketch or just take once again drainai model and reconnect model to bones\change proportions. There are lots of ways to fix that
..fair enough
Maybe you are not a model maker or just a noob. Im too lasy to search so i dunno:D . Check out spell animation for example.
lol.. like that'll have a positive effect. quit jerking around

Ampharos, while this is definitely a cool model, I've noticed you make a rookie mistake over and over again.
If you look here, you can see that parts of his weapons have backwards faces (the darker tinted parts).

These faces are backwards. If the material is set to one-sided, these faces will be invisible when viewed from the front. Lighting is also rendered backwards on these faces (when the model is lit up, these faces will become darker, when the model is darkened, these faces will become brighter).
I don't know what modeling program you're using, but I used to have problems with this in milkshape. Using the mirror vertices option would result in backwards faces, but for some reason this problem went away on it's own and no longer happens. Something else that can cause this is when you scale faces by -1 to get a mirror version of it.
If you can't mirror vertices without getting backwards faces, that's fine, just make sure to flip those faces back so that they're lighted properly and face the right way. It would give your models a much smoother look and such. Take a look into it, k?

PS- This problem is present on many of your models, not just this one.

Attachments

• backwards1.jpg
    backwards1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 434
  • backwards2.jpg
    backwards2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 444
  • newskull.jpg
    newskull.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Level 26
Ampharos, while this is definitely a cool model, I've noticed you make a rookie mistake over and over again.
If you look here, you can see that parts of his weapons have backwards faces (the darker tinted parts).

These faces are backwards. If the material is set to one-sided, these faces will be invisible when viewed from the front. Lighting is also rendered backwards on these faces (when the model is lit up, these faces will become darker, when the model is darkened, these faces will become brighter).
I don't know what modeling program you're using, but I used to have problems with this in milkshape. Using the mirror vertices option would result in backwards faces, but for some reason this problem went away on it's own and no longer happens. Something else that can cause this is when you scale faces by -1 to get a mirror version of it.
If you can't mirror vertices without getting backwards faces, that's fine, just make sure to flip those faces back so that they're lighted properly and face the right way. It would give your models a much smoother look and such. Take a look into it, k?

PS- This problem is present on many of your models, not just this one.

If I remember right, he uses MDLvis which contains a normals flipping option, so it should be fixable.

Level 35
Legit. Haven't downloaded, so my opinion is only based on the screenshot. Still, not enough Satyrs, and when there are, they're all the same face... This one is unique (Sasquatch).

Quit whining about the anims. Constructive criticism is just fine; but the Draenei bones/anims are notoriously messed up.

Good jorb, Homestram. Now do moar Jungle Trolls and you will win the Internet. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.