• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Those screenshots are amazing, I looked at a couple of them and was wondering if this was wc3 or screenshots from RE haha... very nice and detailed work going on here, I hope the gameplay is just as good!

Level 6
? im having to do 99% of pathing with blockers and elevators you know ^^

thought so : )

However you may not forget that your unit's still must be able to pass every area of the map, and that enemies shouldn't be forced to go straight in a line just becouse they cannot go parallel ( in some corridors however they should ;) )

For illustration:
|.|
|.|

|....|

Level 5
not quite sure what you mean, do you mean like, leaving not enough room for many zombies, only 1 at a time? cause there will be hardly any situations like that, unless i actualy want that to happen ofcourse, and in corridors theres still plenty of room actualy

Level 5
Yeah like rage said, the camera will be locked to points etc, like in the game
Although if it ends up bad, we may take it out or adjust it abit or add an option to take it off or something, not to sure yet, depends how it turns out really..

Oh, and i personally find the first one more fun than the second, though the second is excellant too!!

Level 3
I liked the story more in the 2nd one, i never actully played the original of the first one only the game cube remake which is spectacular so its hard for me to compare the old #2 to it.

Level 25
Destructables count as doodads though, don't they? If not, then that's probably your best bet to go with since you can choose whether the destructable is invulnerable or not, selectable or not, and you can get a death version of the destructable. The pathing is the only down-fall really. I can't seem to figure out how to make a Bridge destructable with no pathing! (Besides making it as a regular pathingless doodad...)'

And Red_Eyes, I'd suggest work on the tile-variation on where there is none so far. At least then you'd be making half of a percent of work or more, rather than sitting and doing nothing on it at all. And maybe you should delete some doodads that may seem useless to make room for more useful things, such as a layout of walls for a room instead of spamming fish in a pool you can't even venture in.
~Craka_J

Level 3
nolimits.jpg

*edit* the ver of newgen i gave u a while ago was out of date get the new one: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=90999.

Level 5
I spend atleast 30 hours a week on this Oo
Im going as fast as humanly possible lol
But there is, so much work to do :(

Oh and im still in need of a door model t.t emergenzy has dissapeared somewhere :(:(

Well, it seems mini-me has removed the project from clancbs, so i guess this thread is where everythings going on Oo
Well, its not the end of the world... work continues as normal =)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think your project will be a long lasting one and you will continue to update it red, then you could apply for forum hosting right here at our hive. That way no one would need to go to some other site for commenting and you would have everything nicely setted up with support from the staff and have news on the frontpage when new versions and such are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.