• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
no i dont think ghouls, i think we decided to use ghouls as chimeras, not to sure though. i think for hunters we might be using a reskinned jungle stalker.. if you got any better ideas though, please say :D

Edit:
Ive uploaded a new screenie, which is the outside stairs passage, which goes from the 1st floor to second, and which will also go from the second floor to the third, but you cant see that part yet :p

Level 4
yea the umm acid or wateva u need to put into the water filter =] woot does it attack if someone is stupid enuf to get to close ?

what about the concept on weapons ? will they be items in the heros inventory and when you click it you equip it and it brings up an attachment on the hero ? and like shotgun cause its big takes up 2 slots ? etc etc ?

and ammo ? finding clips / magazines wateva people wanna call them lol or lumber based blah blah :D

*drools over this map* =]
(sorry about my grammer / spelling lol)

Level 5
Ofcourse it will hurt you if you get close.. lol

And the ammo will work as 1 weapon takes up 1 slot, the charges are its ammo, you click the weapon to equip it(chaning your attack ability to shoot with the new correct weapon one) Then if you click and equiped weapon, it reloads, taking charges from the ammo in your inventory

infact.. gold and lumber has erm.. no use at the moment :D

Your heroes 3 stat points are used for Knifes(to throw and stun), Grenade thingies(althought their arent many) and your lighter fuel :)

We might need to use some sort of inventory system.. im not sure yet, but if we do, anyone got any good ideas? one by using an item in your inventory to switch between inventories really annoys me.. so i wont use that one..
Something that wont mess with the items in your actual inventory, so it doesnt mess with the weapons and stuff.. ideas?

Level 5
Seems we are having some real big problems with vision, making only the room you are in revealed and everywhere else to be black mask.. Weve tried erm, regions to give vision, but theres loads of spots where it either shows the wall as black or shows abit of the wall in the next room.. looks really terrible =/
Also tried dummy units to share vision in the room, but theres quite a few places where you can still see some of the wall next door.. checked everything, all is k, so dont know why.
And weve tried a few other things too.. but i dont want to type it all lol, just saying we may end up having to seperate all rooms from each other and put blackness around them, which works perfect ive tried it.
Only 2 downsides are moving between rooms would work something like, Open door with action ability, then you walk into the blackness and you move to the next room, door would close after 3 seconds or something if you dont walk through it.
And moving all the terrain done so far and stuff, would add a week of work :(

If anyones got any ideas for vision id be happy to try them out.. dont want to resort to this lol, thx

Level 8
I got a good idea i played a map with custom vision where you could barely see behind you and you could see a good distance infront of you this would be very good for strategie having to look back every now and then to not be killed by sneaky sneaky zombies. Also how about have a trigger where you can turn on a camera and you get vision of that area?

Level 5
thats a cool idea :D that vison thing would be cool for outside areas, and i believe we already had a camera thing like that planned for lab somewhere :D
Still, wouldnt be too good for inside areas, what we want is, the room, revealed, yet everywhereelse, black mask.

Level 25
I have an idea then!

In black mask areas, the only thing that you can use to reveal an area is "Glowing" light. An example of this is the Glowing Torch model or the Glowing Brazier model. The light affect attached to it is specificly designed to reveal the black mask temporarily. If you extract that and attach it to the players units, then problem solved!
~Craka_J

Level 5
huh? not quite sure what you mean, but wouldnt that just create like, circle vision? the problem i have is making a room perfectly visible, but everywhere else is black mask. but for some reason your able to either see over walls, or they turn out black or other crap lol

Level 8
Why do you want the WHOLE room light up why not make us have to search for things in the room make very tiny treasure chests and make us search the room with the vision i mentioned up there like on the desk have a very small chest thats a lighter and it upgrades ur vision but you cant be having a weapon with it.

Level 4
umm with the black mask revealing another wall cant you just make a new region that picks all the walls you dont want reveal

say your in room A and its revealing some in room B

trigger that makes all units / destructlies etc or however it goes covered in black mask while current player is in room A

it would be like and if then else trigger for each player so that if a different player is in one room and another in another room it doesnt liek stuff up or player groups etc wateva

if that made any sense it could work xD unless all players have shared vision then there would b problems

or maybe resizing the region it may just be big enough that it covers the extra walls ?

also if you make the camera view for everyone like 1st person you wont really be able to see over the wall etc ? (just stabbing in the dark)

trying to help as much as i can =]

Level 5
Its a nice idea, but i tried it lol. Well if i get what you mean anyway, i tried doing 1 region to reveal a room, but it kept revealing a little of the other room, so i move it back 1 little bit, and the walls are black.
I just tried making another region in the other room to put black mask over, and it goes into the other room..(the one i want revealed) making the walls black t.t i dont understand why lol

Also to craka, would it be better if say, you can use a lighter and a handgun then? lighter and a 1handed weapon, but not a 2handed, like a machine gun or a shotgun?

Btw do you guys think abilities such as sprint, jump etc should be put on?

Level 5
ive tried vision blockers.. =/ doesnt completely stop vision, cause you can see a little past it.. makes a big differance when you play, cause you can see into next rooms.
What do you mean vision block with regions btw?

Level 4
the walls are just to close then xD

i think your gunna have to move them a little bit apart then make the terrain under it black boundary thing xD

the only other thing i can think of is make an invisible unit put it pretty much just behind the walls or ontop of even. make them face to the center of the room giving vision only infront of it behind it make it black mask just shrink the region size in the room maybe taht will help ?

jump as in jump where ever ?
or jump as in jump up ontop of a box or something ? thats more of jump/climb up

sprint hmm no =] unless walk speed is slow as in walking speed then you could put a running button on but sprint would be to fast in my opinion xD

i think that 6 slot inventory should be good enough as well in the game chris only gets 4-6 slots and is it claire ? im not sure havent played it for ages gets 6-8 i cant remember the exact

ammo and stuff can stack but not herbs treasure chest for holding items =]

so i dont think theres a need for an inventory system

Level 8
Also to craka, would it be better if say, you can use a lighter and a handgun then? lighter and a 1handed weapon, but not a 2handed, like a machine gun or a shotgun?

Btw do you guys think abilities such as sprint, jump etc should be put on?

I say you have a hotkey that can switch from you current weapon to lighter and lighter back to ur old weapon make it more of a game where you have to pay attention to.

And i say that you do add jump make secret ways you can go to but you have to no the correct place to jump to say your at the mansion door instead of going in and fighting countless zombies have a air conditioning duct that you can go through skipping many zombies at the door entrance and thus saving you a fight where you might lose team mates.

and have a sprint so that if you get bitten and your still from being unable to get out beable to sprint away and go back to your other team mates for help.

Level 25
CraiGiMuS_PrimE, making the walls further apart would mean that the entire layout of the map would have to be redone, which would be a pointless and a long waste of time. Therefore, it is best that Red_Eyes and Chainer find some way around this problem and make it work.
~Craka_J

Level 8
Are you going to have alice? watching you setting traps like in the movie where they go into the mirror room and the lasers turn on? and you have to use the JUMP?!? maybe a good idea to get to the very last boss using prone to go under the laser and jump to go over and have to go thru the waves of lasers and then you get to the boss making it more challenging. or to disable alice from setting more traps?

Level 8
No alice was in all 3 She was the little girl they destroyed in the 2nd one but she was introduced in the 1st. in the 3rd one it was another alice or a remake of alice since the original was destroyed forgot i saw the movie the beginning of the month lol.

Last edited:
Level 5
Alice does not exist. Made up by the movies. And there is no laser room in the game.. and im not copying the movie :)
So no, theres no alice.
Although there will be a scientist guy you find in the labs, i forgot his name though. but he dies xD

Level 3
Wow sorry havnt check this forum in a while. There was always gonna be zombies being able to grab you, i was planning on giving a zombies many "orb effects" when they hit you; they have a chance to grab you, a chance to wound you in the leg and slow you down, a chance to cause bleeding etc.
The reason i asked fulla to do the shotgun not handgun and things red is cause I've already done handgun, machine gun ect. and the ghoul is being used as crimson not chim, chim is a zergling xD (with a cool skin).

Level 8
Chainer thats a good idea i like it how they have 5 different chance on hits. Ok well keep it up you guys this is map is gona be awesome.

Level 5
Right well i got some good news! We fixed the vision problem :D
I put black doodad between all the walls, about twice the height of the actual walls, so its like blackness around every room, so if any parts of the next room are revealed, you wont see it.
Now with that, adding the locked camera angles got better :D you can see stuff in the room, and all the walls etc, but everything around it is just black so all is good :D
chainer is working on the cameras right now actualy Oo =]

Oh, and ive been talking to Craka j about a custom interface and the map preview aswell(which we will use to replace the minimap too) I myself am pretty terrible with doing stuff like that. Any volunteers for making either? Credits would be given ofcourse =) If your up for it let me know. thanks

red

Level 5
Hmm, well im not too sure lol, it would obviosly have to have certain writing on like made by red eyes and chainer etc,
Erm, well what i dont want is like a picture of a zombie with resident evil over the top.. lol.

I would definitly want the text saying Resident Evil not to be normal font though, this sort of text saying Resident Evil is nice, but perhaps in blue not red? and obviosly get rid of the umbrella chronicles bit lol
http://www.nintendoplayers.com/images/games/2340_2.jpg

Erm, picture wise.. something not too detailed? else it makes it look as someone has gotten a wallpaper and stuck writing over it. plus it makes text harder to read.
Something cool, like this is a pretty cool thing
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/ZOMBIES.jpg
Perhaps you could fit a little umbrella somewhere on it too. i dunno, i suck at art lol

But yeah, i tried to explain if it helps..

Level 5
Yeah Rage, something like that would be cool :) then add the by red eyes and chainer thing :D oh and V: for version.. so i could put version on there :D
or perhaps this? whatever looks better i suppose :)
http://www.basehead.org/files/shots/1-resdient_evil.jpg

Oh and to craka, im not sure what picture you mean. =/

Btw what do you guys think about a loading screen, needed? not needed? waste of space? etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.