• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This is a remake of my old map Resident Evil 1, it is in development by me(red_eyes[eng]) and chainer-

DESCRIPTION
Storyline-After bizzare murders accured at raccoon city outskirts, special police force S.T.A.R.S, were sent to raccoon forest to find the murderers, but shortly after landing, all seemed to go wrong for alpha team and communications were lost, bravo team were sent in after, after being attacked alpha team run to a nearby mansion, where the horror begins..

There are 5 playable characters, you play in the mansion to start, you can pick up weapons, items, etc. Find your way through the mansion, survive the horrors of umbrella. There are many puzzles and problems for you to come across, teamwork is essential, you must play smart if you wish to survive, throughout the game you will fight new enemies, new bosses, and come across new challenges, if you succeed these, you can escape at the end.
if you complete it, you recieve your scores, and depending on how good your scores are, secret game modes are given so you can play over and over! try to beat the hardest modes.
=]

Now, its going to include quite alot of features, some from the old map, some new, they are(so far):
-Ammo/Weapon system(very similar to elim tourn, but with ammo)
-Defence weapons which were in the re remake, nades, daggers..(which wil be used as 2 hero attributes)
-Lighter and fuel, (for those dark rooms, and if you use this, u may only use 1handed weapons, not some big gun =], fuel is the 3rd hero attribute)
-Herb combining, red blue and green, like in the real game, there will most likely be a file somewhere giving all possible herb combinations =]
-Item boxes, players can put items in item boxes in save rooms, but have a max of 6 items for players
-Locked Camera angles, like from the game(dont wory they will be nicely placed so u can see stuff)
-Action ability, (opens doors, gives descriptions, moves things and so on)
-Virus Gauge, when it reaches 0 you die and theres a new zombie, theres anti virus stuff for it =]
-Poison, open wounds, etc(which you need to cure with items)
-Sounds for guns, doors etc
-New boss strategies, you actualy need to do certain stuff else youll just get owned lol ^^
-Option menu at the start, but with alot more options =]
-Lots of little cinematics, like the first zombie encounter for example
-More ^^

Weapons:
Berreta Handgun
Ak-47 Machine Gun
Colt Python Magnum
M80 Shotgun
Rocket Launcher
Bowgun
Flamethrower

Enemies:
Zombie (just your average zombie)
Green Zombie(70% chance to poison u)
Cerberus (20% to give open wound)
Webspinners(100% chance to poison u)
Hunter (50% to give open wound)
Hunter Alpha (20% to give open wound)
Crow
Crimson Head

Bosses
Yawn
Hunter Omega
Black Tiger
Neptune
Plant42
Crimson Head Elder
Mr x (from re2 and 3)
Tyrant-002
Albert Wesker
Tyrant (again)

New Forums:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/wc3re
Fan site by Craka J:
http://www.freewebs.com/residentevil-wc3/index.htm

Attachments

• MainHall1.jpg
    MainHall1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 6,928
  • Corridor1.JPG
    Corridor1.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 2,179
  • study1.jpg
    study1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,898
  • dressingroom1.jpg
    dressingroom1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,504
  • Storage&Stairs.jpg
    Storage&Stairs.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,838
  • dancingroom1.jpg
    dancingroom1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 950
  • Office1.jpg
    Office1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,012
  • outsidepassage2.jpg
    outsidepassage2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 843
  • courtyard1.jpg
    courtyard1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,256
  • courtyard2.jpg
    courtyard2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,962
  • Mainhall2.jpg
    Mainhall2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,105
  • 2ndstairs.jpg
    2ndstairs.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 3,100
  • DiningRoom2.jpg
    DiningRoom2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 3,501
  • Bedroom1.jpg
    Bedroom1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,166
  • OutsideStairs1.jpg
    OutsideStairs1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 808
  • OutsideStairs2.jpg
    OutsideStairs2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:
Level 4
You should add much wider variety of enemies, these what you have won't thrill anyone.

those are basically all the enemies in RE.
a way you could spice things up though is have regular zombies be different shades of colors so they look different from one another.

Level 5
those are basically all the enemies in RE.
a way you could spice things up though is have regular zombies be different shades of colors so they look different from one another.

that is correct, im only missing a few, like chimeras, but i havent found a good model yet, we already have differant model variations for zombies =] so they look differant, some bigger, some smaller, differantly clothed, etc

and to the other guy, yes il upload...

Level 5
thanks for the comments, and yes, it will be able to be played singleplayer and still be good fun and challenging, and can also be played with 5 players(we may make it 6), it just depends on how the puzzles and gameplay go about, if there is enough room, as we dont want the mansion and the rest of the map pretty full of players, it could ruin the whole 'scary' and 'alone' theme =]

Last edited:
Level 4
thanks for the comments, and yes, it will be able to be played singleplayer and still be good fun and challenging, and can also be played with 5 players(we may make it 6), it just depends on how the puzzles and gameplay go about, if there is enough room, as we dont want the mansion and the rest of the map pretty full of players, it could ruin the whole 'scary' and 'alone' theme =]

just remember, when you make a RE that is the exact game, its going to be epic. so keep going for this goal!!! also, if i could help out in any ways please ask me. im a huge RE fan and want to support this.

Level 5
thats great to know, thank you :)
the project is hosted on www.clancbs.com at the moment, it hasent been on for long, but there is much more information there and much better for suggestions and help =], any suggestions and help is much appreciated and credits will be given to people who have helped the project ofcourse :)

just to state, something which is seriosly holding back RE, is im missing a few models which are important :) but to be precise the biggest problem we have at the moment is trying to find a modeler who can make us a door model, with the correct animations ofcourse(stand close, stand open etc)

Oh, and yes, the aim is to recreate resident evil :) although there will things added which arent in the game, such as some extra areas, new puzzles, weapons and so on, but this is simply to make the game more fun, challenging and better to suit the amount of players :) and ofcourse there are some things which obviosly cant be recreated, like the aqua ring with neptune, will be slightly differant :)

Any questions please ask =]

Red

Level 8
I like this map the look of it looks very good i can't wait to play it. As for the player thing you should change it so how many players equals the difficulty of the map 1-3 is easy 4-6 = medium 7-10 = very hard. Other than that i think this will turn out to be a much played map on bnet. I don't know how hard it will be to do that i'm not a very skilled map maker but i have seen it done before in maps.

Level 5
I like this map the look of it looks very good i can't wait to play it. As for the player thing you should change it so how many players equals the difficulty of the map 1-3 is easy 4-6 = medium 7-10 = very hard. Other than that i think this will turn out to be a much played map on bnet. I don't know how hard it will be to do that i'm not a very skilled map maker but i have seen it done before in maps.

Its a nice idea, in a way, but there will be a difficulty option, at the start, along with many other options to change the game, make it harder and easier in differant aspects, but you have given me the idea of adding/removing ammunition/health and things like that for the amount of players, to make it more balanced, we dont want hardly any ammo to share between all 5 of the players(or 6, we may make it 6 yet =]) or easily more than enough for a few players, so yes, thats a good balancing point =)

As for difficulty, the setting will be pretty much the same as the old resident evil, which increases enemies hp(so they are harder to kill) and some extra enemies at certain places, it definitly does make a differance.

Level 12
I see constantly see new updates on the terrain from Chainer-, looking pretty amazing ;-).

Id recommend just having most of the modes, only available when you complete the game, several difficulty levels would be nice.

Level 5
Well there will be many modes you can play when you complete the game on certain difficulties, etc, some are much harder than others, and ofcourse it would include the hardest game mode, and some you cannot unlock unless you complete the game in under a certain time, or on a certain setting etc

Also to the alternate ending thing, yes i like the idea of that, at the moment the ending is just going to be you get picked up by a helicopter after you beat tyrant at the end, with some cinematic to follow it, if you can think of some idea for an alternate ending, let me know :)

Level 8
Ok, I can think of a few things for you. On all modes at the end of the chopper them getting picked up, it crashes because you didn't fully kill the tyran and he grabbed the chopper and throwing it down thus leaving a cliff hanger and another map for you guys to make =). One where you are running from hundreds of zombies chasing after you and you getting on the helicopter and escaping with or without a zombie hanging on IF you want to make a new game. theres 2 ideas for you have fun with them.

Level 5
Where have you gotten the great box model and other interior design from, red?

umm about 70% of all the models used are from some modelpack thing off cbs site, emergenzy posted it ages ago i think, its nice, but i dont know the authors of the stuff.
theres a few things here from the site, ill match up all the authors for credit when everythings done, oh and chainer reskinned a fair few things for me of models already used, like the carpets :)

box probly from that model pack..

Level 5
=] its good stuff, and its really nice and small size, theres over 100 models imported atm, and its only just 1.2mb.. i think the map will be 2.5mb-3mb when its done though, still got sounds and a few things to go..

Level 5
hmm, not very soon, still sooo much work to do, plus were still trying to find someone to make a door model t.t
but if we get the door model, id say around 1-2 months =/

Still got to do loads more terrain, i got to do the camera system, (which will be locked to point cameras, like in the game), then the vision system, which so you can only see what your ment to see ^^ since everythings doodads it gets quite annoying
But when all thats done, i think it could be classed as beta, all the other things can be done after that

Level 5
I think he made some of them by himself?? Else go to the models section.
At ClanCBS.com will you be able to find a big model pack, that contains a few hundres models.

yeah, alot are from that big model pack, and a real lot are used over and over just changed in the editor, nice and simple, also chainer reskined a few for me, for more variations, especialy walls and floors/carpets

Also! yes if you could make a door that would be awesome!!! have you got msn? would be much easier to talk about it, i have a picture of how it needs to be like

Two questions:
Where did you get all those nice custom doodads?
Is this going to play like Resident Evil or Warcraft?

number 1 is what emergenzy said, and Yes, we are recreating the actual game of resident evil, with the same gameplay etc, not running around shooting hordes of spawning zombies all day.. i really dislike those sort of maps
This is set in Raccoon Forest, in a mansion, etc etc etc, just like the real game, and ofcourse were adding alot more stuff to make it more fun and to make up for the things we cant do

Level 4
yeah, alot are from that big model pack, and a real lot are used over and over just changed in the editor, nice and simple, also chainer reskined a few for me, for more variations, especialy walls and floors/carpets

Also! yes if you could make a door that would be awesome!!! have you got msn? would be much easier to talk about it, i have a picture of how it needs to be like.

number 1 is what emergenzy said, and Yes, we are recreating the actual game of resident evil, with the same gameplay etc, not running around shooting hordes of spawning zombies all day.. i really dislike those sort of maps
This is set in Raccoon Forest, in a mansion, etc etc etc, just like the real game, and ofcourse were adding alot more stuff to make it more fun and to make up for the things we cant do

Cool, so this will be the first Resident Evil map to actually be a Resident Evil map.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Very impressive stuff there, and I don't say that about most maps. The terrain looks brilliant, and I myself am a huge fan of the resident evil series. The mansion layout seems quite accurate thus far. I would really like to play the finished product.

I'll keep my eye on this project, keep it up. I hope the gameplay is up to par with the visuals thus far.

Do you have any character/boss models? As in accurate ones from the game, or are you using Warcraft units?

Just noticed, how could you have forgotten Linda in the boss list?! For shame.

Level 5
Very impressive stuff there, and I don't say that about most maps. The terrain looks brilliant, and I myself am a huge fan of the resident evil series. The mansion layout seems quite accurate thus far. I would really like to play the finished product.

I'll keep my eye on this project, keep it up. I hope the gameplay is up to par with the visuals thus far.

Do you have any character/boss models? As in accurate ones from the game, or are you using Warcraft units?

Just noticed, how could you have forgotten Linda in the boss list?! For shame.

well, thank you =)
and well, we are trying to keep the gameplay as close as possible(by warcraft capabilities) to the real game, and well, no we dont really have models for the bosses really, at the moment were using some skins for all the enemies/bosses, multiple skins for zombies etc, but actual models for it would be really nice, if they are not too big, i expect just at the moment, it will be 2mb ish, at the moment all the terrain models come upto 1.2 mbish, and the sounds(when ive made them 16bit) will come upto about 200kb.. then we just got the rest of the map, but yea, some good models are always wanted :D

Oh, and no, no lisa (if thats who you mean) well not yet anyway, if we can find a suitable model, then we would do it :)

Level 25
When you're looking for Closed Beta Testers, you can count on me to fill the spot! ;-)

But man... even though I've already commented about your mod, it's so damn good! Very accurately made and just looking at the screenshots makes me so anxious and overwelmed with excitement! Cannot wait until I can try this!
Keep it up and don't stop working on it!
PS: I haven't seen any screenshots of out doors parts such as the roof where you meet the boss one last time, haven't seen the part with the boulder or the sharks either.
~Craka_J

Level 5
sure, when were testing(which will be quite a while yet, 1-2 months id say, and that wont even have all the stuff in it) we will need about 3 or 4 testers to do alot of testing, ill let you know when though =)

Also, there are no screenshots of the helipad or the aqua ring or the caverns yet(i assume thats where you mean), because i havent terrained it yet, im currently doing the courtyard, which is ofcourse outside, it should do very nice, includes a graveyard, a cabin, and ofcourse the water bridge puzzle..(thats going to be hard to makee =/)

But yeah, when its done ill post screenies ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.