• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
still watching seeing your progress in this game i'm loving what your doing with it so far. The map is looking so well when is the ETA of the game? im just watching a couple maps in this forum but it seems im always drawn to this topic instead of the other and btw good job guys.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Count me in as a beta tester, I'll be very thorough and hard on you, because I really loved the Gamecube game.

Level 5
What model will you be using for the last boss?
Also, if your remake of Resident Evil I is a big hit, will you consider making Resident Evil II?
~Craka_J

I honestly dont know yet, tyrant.. hmm i dunno yet.. =/
And, i dont know, making 1 is such hard work, two, would be even harder lol, id imagine i would make a few versions of this one, then carry on working on my other map which i stopped for this..

Oh, and the cameras will be fixed points, like in the game, and they change when you move to certain places etc, and outside(or big places) their will probably be like a follow one, not sure yet, but they will be good i think, beta testing will almost certainly have alot of camera changes needed to be done for best views etc

Level 25
You should make the camera views as accurate to the real game's cameras as possible, and if they are required to be adjusted, then do so.
As for the Tyrant model, I think you should use the Abomination as a place-holder for now... after all, his heart shows just like the Tyrant and looks mutated enough :D
~Craka_J

Level 8
ahh new res evil movie commin out kinda wana check that out but annnnnyywayyys ill look around for a good tyrant model ill try and make my own and contribute ill see what i can do if it looks shitty i aint puttin it up thats right flamers no no no and keep it up.

Level 25
[off-topic]:
Yeah, they are making a new Resident Evil movie called "Resident Evil: Extinction", movie is already a big set-back for me because there never was a desert in Resident Evil, so they're already swaying away from the storyline from the game. The first one was the best though IMO.

[on-topic]:
Might want to check the Hive Model Resources thoroughly for newer models. I've seen quite a few that would be great for this in the past, I might take a look again.
Oh and this model set would go well with your map:
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=93622
and possibly some doodads from this kit:
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=86764
check the other models there for kits and stuff. They've got some really handy models and skins that will definately fit your map!
~Craka_J

Level 25
Glad to hear that I didn't waste my or your time. :D
I know a couple other sites that have some useful doodads, but they also support exported models from WoW and other games so me posting it publicly would be against the forum rules. Would you like me to PM you a list of sites that may be useful to you and your project?
~Craka_J

Level 8
I'd Love to help in anyway i can but i suck at map making sorry but if theres anything else i can do hit me up ill try my best.
ohh and btw

craka:
[off-topic]:
Yeah, they are making a new Resident Evil movie called "Resident Evil: Extinction", movie is already a big set-back for me because there never was a desert in Resident Evil, so they're already swaying away from the storyline from the game. The first one was the best though IMO.

I liked the first one i forgot the 2nd one but all i remember is that they escaped out of a heli didnt they? And maybe there going from escaping out of racoon city and heading to find life? All of the resident evil games ive played on the ps2 is all different its a different story everytime for some reason. Least in the movie they have the same people and are following some sort of story instead of zombies everywhere zomg wtf do we do like in the ps2 games lol.

Level 5
Well, its not that im looking for models to use, really theres certain things id like, and certain things that i need(to an extent, i can make do but itd be really nice to get)
like, a bath, a sink,(bathroom stuff, were missing that lol)
weve found a guy emergenzy, whos making me doors which is great!!
But, yeah you can pm me some sites if you like :)

Also, offtopic
The resident evil movies do not follow the story line correctly, it doesnt bother me too much as its still very similar, but the main things that bother me are
1. Wheres leon.. :(
2. Whos the hell is alice!??!

Level 25
Emergenzy is back? He's one of my favorite terrainers! (Corexx is my most favorite though) You have yourself a very good terrainer on your hands and he makes really useful models as well.

I played a game called Resident Evil: Survivor it was a First Person Shooter but I do recall a little girl named Alice running around and you had to save her or some shit. Was a so-so game.
~Craka_J

Level 8
Also, offtopic
The resident evil movies do not follow the story line correctly, it doesnt bother me too much as its still very similar, but the main things that bother me are
1. Wheres leon.. :(
2. Whos the hell is alice!??!

Alice is the computer who let out the zombie disease and thats why all the people are turning into zombies. Shes the little bitch in the first movie killin people with lasers I thought that was the funniest part. Isn't leon the guy who turned into the tyrant at the end of the movie first or 2nd and lets her go?.

Another off topic thing is where can i find this so called Resident Evil: Survivor
A fps in wc3 thats so so? I would like to try this out.

Back on topic: I'm very glad to hear that your finding people to help you out and get this game moving faster. I cant wait till you release this game, GOODLUCK!

Level 25
Thanks for the compliment about the site! I find your support encouraging. :)

[off-topic]:
Yes. I removed it because Punisher_X had taken over the project and it died shortly after. So now it is no longer a project I take pride in; however if Punisher_X gives me permssion, I will continue it.
~Craka_J

Level 5
Like i said(sorry for the wait) ive uploaded some more outside screenshots, these 2 are from the Courtyard, its not quite yet finished, but its pretty much 99% done so, enjoy :) any suggestions pls say :)
All that hasent been done is the trees and plants on the outside, on the other side of the fence(which is the forest)

More to come!

Level 5
Yes sure, I just dont know where to upload them. Maybe at ClanCBS.com under the Resident Evil forum.

Sounds good, you could make a thread, showing all the models youve done for the project :D they are really nice!

Also, ive uploaded a screenie of the 2nd Floor Main Hall, hopefully it will show people how were doing the balcany parts, i get asked that alot, its just elevators basicly :)
I still have to add doors though, but besides that, enjoy!
Cmnts pls :)

Please refrain from double posting in the future, Craka_J. Merged the 2 posts.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I double posted?
~Craka_J
Yes you did.

Very nice work. I've already told you on MSN what I think :)
~Craka_J

How is the model work coming along from EZ? Have you started terraining with his stuff yet?
~Craka_J
All posts merged!

Last edited:
Level 25
Sorry for all the double postage Raging, I should've known better.
Also, I too believe that all or almost of the trigger work is in JASS. I hope it is atleast: It's 100% more dependable and flexible.
Encore! I demand more screenshots! :D
Oh and please tell me you're not using that footman model or any medieval models for this mod!
~Craka_J

Level 8
ooo i would like to meet this so called fred... hmmm i wish to play his charchter... annyways im lovvinnnn the screenshots feed us more!

Level 8
ooo shit nice cracka lol but PLEASE dont show the gay cinematic opening a door or walking up steps OMG soooo much time wasted seeing that. well keep it up im going over to your site and registering right now

Level 5
Yeah, haven't seen a good update yet! Show us the Tyrant lab place or something!
By the way, will you add a small cinematic of the player dying from a monster when they die like in the game?
~Craka_J

Yeah i know, sorry there hasent been a progress update lately, the 2nd floor well, kinda taking a very long time cause of all the stairs/balcany parts. takes so long to path properly, also there wont be any lab bits for quite a while yet lol, im doing all the mansion area first.. so i can fit everything on the map better.
And thats a nice idea that, perhaps if it showed to only the player who died? and not the other players?

Oh, and no there wont be cinematics for doors opening or stairs lol, they are really annoying arent they..

But yeah, im doing the 2nd floor atm, if you want some screenies your going to have a give me a few days..

Status
Not open for further replies.