• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have developed quite an interesting structure (such as a workbench, armory, food storage or water collector, barricades) creating system.

It is using ordinary Wc3 attachment points. You can craft many parts (toolboxes for bench, chairs, metal plates or wood spikes for barricades) and attach to structures in Attachment Manager. You choose what, and where you attach.

I just have to do UI graphic design, because at the moment it is only black background and many buttons with numbers and arrows. Attachments also have an effect on the functionality of these structures. Not only visual. I will present and explain everything in the upcoming video.

Anyway I started using ENB series (on my previous ancient PC it doesn't work) with customised settings. Graphic looks a little better.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Its back yess, this has given me inspiration quite sometime ago to make a map like the last of us, it is under planning and it goes by the name The Awakening, stay tuned. Kithraya sounds intresting I need screenshots please. :)

Level 16
Well maybe you'll do finish this?

I haven't really read all the comments, a small part and I apologize but ther is too much to read and too little time. What I want to say is I'm a bit skeptical about how you did all that in milkshape and all by yourself when you said you don't have much time but you do have time to come up with all that stuff? I'm wondering since I'm extremely limited with time and I barely manage to do so little that I started having a very sharp sense of my own limits and what I can actually do in the time available. Modeling rocks for example takes me a eternity, I get 3 rocks a day in the small amount of hours that I managed to obtain do to the rendering time and the generation of textures. I read somewhere that you are taking them from google wich I understand but you needs to process them a bit, also modeling in it self is timeconsuming as well. Even Converting models ready for use takes ages. I am just amazed, making things like crossbows or other complexer models is definitely more time consuming than modeling some rocks.

I apologize for my disbelief so don't take this personally and don't get angry! I know that you must be frustrated when people doubt you and you just want to give them all a nice shining bullet, I know how it feels because I was doubted and aggressively attacked myself.
You must be sick and tired of this so If I am mistaken just pinpoint me to where I did wrong.
The others skepticism made me wonder! I'll read more comments...

The hospital looks interesting, can you use anti aliasing on the screenshots? Might as well add the best quality to show off.

Btw why is it most of it in black an white? Somewhat I know the reason but it's a shame for such a great looking environment to be monochrome.

Last edited:
Level 4
Well maybe you'll do finish this?

I haven't really read all the comments, a small part and I apologize but ther is too much to read and too little time. What I want to say is I'm a bit skeptical about how you did all that in milkshape and all by yourself when you said you don't have much time but you do have time to come up with all that stuff? I'm wondering since I'm extremely limited with time and I barely manage to do so little that I started having a very sharp sense of my own limits and what I can actually do in the time available. Modeling rocks for example takes me a eternity, I get 3 rocks a day in the small amount of hours that I managed to obtain do to the rendering time and the generation of textures. I read somewhere that you are taking them from google wich I understand but you needs to process them a bit, also modeling in it self is timeconsuming as well. Even Converting models ready for use takes ages. I am just amazed, making things like crossbows or other complexer models is definitely more time consuming than modeling some rocks.

I apologize for my disbelief so don't take this personally and don't get angry! I know that you must be frustrated when people doubt you and you just want to give them all a nice shining bullet, I know how it feels because I was doubted and aggressively attacked myself.
You must be sick and tired of this so If I am mistaken just pinpoint me to where I did wrong.
The others skepticism made me wonder! I'll read more comments...

The hospital looks interesting, can you use anti aliasing on the screenshots? Might as well add the best quality to show off.

Btw why is it most of it in black an white? Somewhat I know the reason but it's a shame for such a great looking environment to be monochrome.

Only about 1/3 model resources are made by me. Read first sentence in 1st post. (Red)
Milkshape with plugins in enough powerfull tool. But it require patience. If I want smth special, like better warping for example, I just ask a friend for help, who have 3ds max and know what to do. I am better in 2d graphics than 3d.

I couldn't make screenshots with AA on my previous ancient graphics card, which was older than Wc3 FT itself. It was good hardware, served me well, but advanced AA from NVIDIA panel is too much.

I think you just should to read all posts to get your answers, even about black an white environment. (I know it's painfull)

This should not work anymore, I think it uses RtC, RtC is not supported anymore.
If you also have RtC then your War3 version is 1.24/1.23. This is very outdated. The game-play looks a little boring to me and no color spectrum is really a stupid idea. How come you can enjoy a game without colors, thats why no one really creates this idea in any of indie / horror games. You should think about using colors If i am correct.

Level 28
This should not work anymore, I think it uses RtC, RtC is not supported anymore.

What gave you the idea that this is using RtC? People really loves to assume.

How come you can enjoy a game without colors, thats why no one really creates this idea in any of indie / horror games. You should think about using colors If i am correct.

That stupid idea you're talking about is what making me want to play this map. It really gives that eerie vibe that I don't really feel that much on many professional horror games so I don't really see the problem there.

You should probably just support people who actually tries to be different. Besides its her time she's wasting not yours.

Level 16
If you also have RtC then your War3 version is 1.24/1.23. This is very outdated. The game-play looks a little boring to me and no color spectrum is really a stupid idea. How come you can enjoy a game without colors, thats why no one really creates this idea in any of indie / horror games. You should think about using colors If i am correct.

or maybe he just don't know the joy of playing monochrome games...

It isn't about making enjoyable monochrome games, its all about how the artist wanted to interpret the universe that he/she has created.

The artist believes that the world should go under the "Monochrome" theme, because it simply fits his/her message that the artist tries to convey.

A "Developer" exist to create games for the sake of the customers, while an "Artist" create games to express themselves.

It is not about how many people enjoy the game, it is about the people who enjoys the artist's creation.

Artists does not exist to satisfy their fans, but to create products of their expression.

that is why an artist is never rich! :p

It isn't about making enjoyable monochrome games, its all about how the artist wanted to interpret the universe that he/she has created.

The artist believes that the world should go under the "Monochrome" theme, because it simply fits his/her message that the artist tries to convey.

A "Developer" exist to create games for the sake of the customers, while an "Artist" create games to express themselves.

It is not about how many people enjoy the game, it is about the people who enjoys the artist's creation.

Artists does not exist to satisfy their fans, but to create products of their expression.

You see? Artistic approach is not good in war3. Because if people don't like it they wont play it. And if you don't like entire scene and atmosphere in black then just don't play it. Haven't you all watched the game-play video? The camera is just too advanced, it can't be in normal War3. You can only use key arrows + escape button. He can't make that kind of actions of camera control via these buttons when there are more of actions than the event controllers such as buttons. This is indeed RtC / SharpCraft and if anyone likes to prove me wrong, do it.

Edit: Adiktuz and sonofjay are fans of this, I assume. They are over-protecting it.

Level 4
You see? Artistic approach is not good in war3. Because if people don't like it they wont play it. And if you don't like entire scene and atmosphere in black then just don't play it. Haven't you all watched the game-play video? The camera is just too advanced, it can't be in normal War3. You can only use key arrows + escape button. He can't make that kind of actions of camera control via these buttons when there are more of actions than the event controllers such as buttons. This is indeed RtC / SharpCraft and if anyone likes to prove me wrong, do it.

Edit: Adiktuz and sonofjay are fans of this, I assume. They are over-protecting it.

I agree , however if we are wrong all she has to do is enter the game via warcraft 3 and make a video that would remove all doubt , not hard I'm sure.

Level 4

It will be such fun for me to show you, how much wrong are you. ;)
The camera is just too advanced, it can't be in normal War3
Are you sure? That camera system isn't even written in Jass. GUI only. :p

Level 15

You, my friend, have no idea what you're talking about.

Impossible camera movements? If you consider a 1000 line GUI camera trigger, then any kind of camera is possible. Make it 2-3k and there are seriously no limits.

You can also use any other key as long as you map them to skills. Oh, you know what? You can even, as far as I'm concerned, use an MMO-like mouse control if you go with vJASS. Since one can also get the XY positions of the camera, you can include obstacle avoidance, with destructibles and doodads as well as with the general terrain. And still using GUI only.

Level 28
Adiktuz and sonofjay are fans of this, I assume. They are over-protecting it.

Read what I posted a few times again and I still can't see the part where I over-protected this. Can you please point the exact part?

Still funny that you're saying that I'm over-protecting this project when all your post have are baseless speculations.

This is getting nowhere, I need proof of the camera system. So, if it is in GUI, Why is it much better than various Jass systems around the site? I' am just saying there are not enough events for camera changing' actions. This could truly be a simple system, but from the "fake mouse" moving in the video, It could mean that covered the fake mouse - cam movement. This looks too identical to RtC or SharpCraft system. I am just wondering how did you covered it up or created it?

Isn't she using the mouse to order the unit to walk and arrow keys to move the angle of the camera?

Arrow Keys, Left > Right > Up > Down.
ESC Button.
Maybe also skills that affect the camera using hot keys?
Because in War3 using mouse as moving camera is not quite possible.
I am just wondering how did she do it?

Level 17
Um, the camera system seems to only have rotation/angle and zoom. You can do that easily with arrow keys, </> for rotation ▼▲ for angle and you could create a double click functionality with up and down arrows for zoom in and out, mash up and side at the same time or down and side and you get diagonal camera movement.
The rest is about playing with nice smoothing factor, speed and offset to make it look less shit.

No rocket science, basic GUI at most.

Last edited:
Level 4
This looks too identical to RtC or SharpCraft system. I am just wondering how did you covered it up or created it?

Maybe you'll call me dumb, but I have no idea what RtC or SharpCraft system is. xC

Oh... My simple (because it's simple) system actually works just like Talavaj said. I could send you tomorrow a sample map with that system, to make you facepalm. :)
I think you should learn more about WE, because you don't really know what is possible and what is not.
I discovered accidentally a little "fisheye" camera effect. You can notice me turning it on, when I type "q" in ingame chat on first movie.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So you're more of an artist/modeller than triggerer?

no color spectrum is really a stupid idea
I think so too, but it is not fully black and white, so it is up to Kit if she can make it work by making fitting events bnw.

Maybe you'll call me dumb, but I have no idea what RtC or SharpCraft system is. xC

Oh... My simple (because it's simple) system actually works just like Talavaj said. I could send you tomorrow a sample map with that system, to make you facepalm. :)
I think you should learn more about WE, because you don't really know what is possible and what is not.
I discovered accidentally a little "fisheye" camera effect. You can notice me turning it on, when I type "q" in ingame chat on first movie.

Fish-eye camera effect? Does it involve camera filters? Or shaking? Believe me I know lots in trigger(scripts), I am myself creating a project that has advanced camera. I just don't understand why it looks so similar to me. How the hell have you never heard of a project called RtC or SharpCraft? It is a project that adds custom natives + plug-ins to War3 to enable mouse control camera and ect...

Edit: Fish-eye = camera swaying in triggers.

Level 4
Fish-eye camera effect? Does it involve camera filters? Or shaking? Believe me I know lots in trigger(scripts), I am myself creating a project that has advanced camera. I just don't understand why it looks so similar to me. How the hell have you never heard of a project called RtC or SharpCraft? It is a project that adds custom natives + plug-ins to War3 to enable mouse control camera and ect...

Well, maybe I am just a retarded girl? :D
I don't really like any 3rd party addons. My goal is to show all of you via this project how good tool is vanilla Wc3 engine.
About fish-eye. You are thinking right. Shaking combined with swaying is the clue.

I just don't understand why it looks so similar to me

I can ask you the same question. :p

Last edited:
Level 16

So true, well at least for the real artist. :p

Actually the camera doesn't seem to be to advance as it was already stated by Talavaj but what exactly is your point since anyone can not like something no mather what it is, artistic or not. As if you are saying "Don't make artistic stuff in wc3, it's bad!". What about artistic terraining then, what's it doing in wc3 in the first place? You brag about the RtC or SharpCraft system so i am wondering how you can say something like that when you yourself are trying to do something "revolutionary"? Isn't making something artistic similar to attempting something new? Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you meant but it's pretty clear. If i did please corect me!

Actually I hear about that and tried it out some time ago but wasn't really working properly and it was in a galaxy far away so I kinda forgot about it since it wasn't perfect further. It's that project where you have to use a irritating external program to make the fps control work right or was it something completely different? To be honest it impressed me at the time and I was really happy to try out my maps in fps mode but restarting the game every time you loaded that stuff was a way 2 times around the car to get to the driver's seat so I abandoned the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.