• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have created a heroe who has the follosing attacks:
Attack 1
damage = 1 Dice, 6 Sides, + 0 Basic
Range = 100
Attack 2
damage = 2 Dice, 6 Sides, +0 Basic
Range = 800

Attack 1 is default and the only one active at the beginning.

I want that this hero becomes a range fighter if he gets a range weapon ( lets say a "bow" ) and if he drops it he should again be a melee fighter.
( a hero can only carry one weapon at a time )

Can u help me?

my ideas
replace
don't want to make all the triggers to prevent loss of abilities, stats, xp, etc.

Orbs
only make the hero attack air units at his normal melee range -.-

Upgrades
works only once, because you can't "un-research" an upgrade

Level 5
ok what i would do is have two diff units one thats melee and one that ranged and if unit gets or drops item it shall change to watever.

you would have to use variable to adjust the levels and give the units items and abilities that the other had.

Srry if it seems hard but its the only way I can think of

Level 6
Here we go

Using custom bear form. Heres how:
If the hero gains the item bow, give the hero ability "bear form" which will turn u into a ranged hero. When the bow drops, or the player wants to be melee, default it back. Good Luck
-Blue

Level 6
Thanx Dragon for your idea, but i have tried it and the problem about it is, that the "shapeshiftet"-unit will loose all the abilities i have added previously...
i'll try to change this but i do not think that i will be successful.
but nevertheless thx 4 hlp 2 you 2

Now i need help at making abilities "survive" the shapeshift.
I have used Vexx's UberLevelSpellbook and there is written in a comment "No need to use MakeUnitAbilityPermanent, last time I checked the archmage didn't have a morph skill" but i have now added a morph skill, so can anyone help me "making abilities permanent"?

Level 6
Thanx for your tip, but it was already on "false".
I have to say that i works -> but only partial.
My Spellbook abilities remain existant, but all abilities i have added by triggers have dissappeared...

hope anyone can help me at that...

Status
Not open for further replies.