• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmmmm? Voice acting? Sure, I can find you sufficient ppl. What do you need? :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmn... I cannot decide whether to be male or female narrator. Just tell them that in the near future I will need them and they have to be alive. xD

Well, I know both. :D I'd recommend them both. I can send you their portfolio so you can decide. Just give me some lines. :)

Level 4
That looks just like a modern tactical crossbow, in no way shape or form it could shoot rifle ammunition.

It has specifically shown rifle barrel, under the bolt socket. I saw a video on youtube and such combination is possible. Only one thing what is wrong, is that barrel should be a little lower. But I fixed it short after posting screens. :D

Level 4
Does it ?
And I assume you teleport those 30 rifle rounds into the gun from your pockets, yes ?
Seeing how there is no magazine nor place where you could attach it to.
Better "concept" rips that make sense.

Hmn? No barrel, and no magazine slot? Buy glasses.

untitled52.jpg

Better "concept" rips that make sense.

Up, red line.

Level 17
A magazine designed for rifle rounds would be far wider than that, much wider than the grip.
Also I'm not being a dick, just tad irritated that you are once again presenting work of others without crediting them and this time going as far as claiming you made it yourself.
The thing has triple A quality mesh and texture. No way in hell you made that yourself in milkshape.
And one more thing, remove the posterization filter, it is awful.

Level 4
It's my work. I don't created magazines because I have to make crafted version and normal. Just only slot. One guy only helped me with texture warping. Posterization filter is in texture. I started to adding it almost to everything now. (So you say it's Awesome and Awful, huh?) Just maked a special weapon, so I decided to present it.

Oh, and we are talking about 100% real looking weapons in wc3 now, yes?

No way in hell you made that yourself in milkshape

In wc3 I do almost everything. If I have motivation, in milkshape also. You have wips on previous page.
Sorry, but I am not so retarted to show someones job, and say that it's mine. Never did, and never will.
Oh, or maybe your ego got hurt, because a girl can do with regular tools something good or even awesome looking? ;D

Also I'm not being a dick, just tad irritated that you are once again presenting work of others without crediting them and this time going as far as claiming you made it yourself.

Never did, and never will.

===============================================================================================

UPDATE:
Samples of Cross Gun welding animations:

anim.gif
anim2.gif
anim5.gif

Last edited:
Level 11
I love this concept Kithraya, apart from the environments you've presented this is probably the best thing to have come up from your project. A Crossbow/SMG with scope, I would love to have that in BF4 after all the fun I've had with XBOW.

A magazine designed for rifle rounds would be far wider than that
Whats wrong with pistol cartridges? SMG's are very popular.

Level 4
I love this concept Kithraya, apart from the environments you've presented this is probably the best thing to have come up from your project. A Crossbow/SMG with scope, I would love to have that in BF4 after all the fun I've had with XBOW.

Whats wrong with pistol cartridges? SMG's are very popular.

So glad, that's someone knows how SMG looks like. :D

Anyway it's more. SMG, Crossbow and Grenade luncher. Silent sniper/Assault Rifle/Explosive in one piece. :>
But you have to be lucky to find all parts. :p

Level 4
Thats the thing I love about the XBOW, the versatility to kill people and destroy stuff. Your concept brings it to a whole new level. :D

I think I'm gonna monitor this project more often from now on. The unique style and gameplay were the things that first caught my attention.

Well, some old weapons like sword or shovel should be removed, because cross gun's firepower and abilities.
And I was thinking about melee attachment.
What would you say if you could chosse between grenade luncher and bayonet? Let's say a knife/dagger mounted with insulation tape? ^^

I have my old system, which detects bullet colision with walls (walls->units, bullet -> unit). It causes an explosion in a confined spaces and can blow up our hero. :) So grenade luncher will be sometimes useless. Besides, you have to craft grenades by yourself (metal can + gunpowder + screws, nails, everything what is small and sharp etc..., and an explosive device, which is really hard to find) If you are lucky, you can of course loot original grande in some ammo boxes.

Last edited:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
I would like to know since I have never posted in this thread befor is it always black and white or is there places like outside that are not black and white like you see in the screenshots.Just to sumerize this is it always black and white?+Awesome project you got there.

Level 11
Bayonet would be awesome, it would be a great insurance for close engagements.

EDIT: I think there was a Tactical Light prototype with a flashbang effect that blinded people in front of the weapon, maybe that could be an interesting attachment? Adding in a bit of realistic crowd controll. :)

Level 4
I would like to know since I have never posted in this thread befor is it always black and white or is there places like outside that are not black and white like you see in the screenshots.Just to sumerize this is it always black and white?+Awesome project you got there.

About 75% is B&W. That's all what can I tell you for now. :)

Bayonet would be awesome, it would be a great insurance for close engagements.

EDIT: I think there was a Tactical Light prototype with a flashbang effect that blinded people in front of the weapon, maybe that could be an interesting attachment? Adding in a bit of realistic crowd controll. :)

Hmn..., some monsters hate light, so it could be usefull, but also strong light will attract other, bigger monsters, so... being a lighthouse is not reasonable. xD

No offense, but if you can make a model that good you have no need to rip models. That is literally a professional top grade mesh and UV wrap, and practice and high quality tools are needed to make things like that. You said a few pages back that making organic meshes was the hard part for you. If you can make a crossbow like that, you can sure as heck make a character or animal or anything.
The animations are also well done. Milkshape is a decent piece of software, but there are limitations to what it can do. Those look like they used a biped system. Did you make them?

Can I see some of the other models you've made?

Level 4
No offense, but if you can make a model that good you have no need to rip models. That is literally a professional top grade mesh and UV wrap, and practice and high quality tools are needed to make things like that. You said a few pages back that making organic meshes was the hard part for you. If you can make a crossbow like that, you can sure as heck make a character or animal or anything.
The animations are also well done. Milkshape is a decent piece of software, but there are limitations to what it can do. Those look like they used a biped system. Did you make them?

Can I see some of the other models you've made?

However crossbow's mesh isn't very special, look at wips screen. What is so special in that? All is done piece by piece:

wnvu.jpg

wip2.jpg

wipz.jpg

Well, I did a lot of misc, rocks, crates, some hairstyles for character (for example that one on my avatar, with that gas mask including). Look at the screenshots, almost all cases, the walls, the floor etc, etc... Most textures I just find on Google.

And consider that, I am making it about 1.5 years for now. Oh, and mass modifications... I cannot find a "rip" model that 100% fit to project.

No... high poly organic mesh is too hard for me. For example, I tried to create that dog from game menu backgruond many times and always it looks so... square style? But I'm still learning. :)

I'll make showcase some day with download links.

=========================================================

I created grenades. Crafted version and normal.

grenades.jpg
texturescopy.jpg

Level 17
I call that BS.
Or you are a genius, suddenly creating studio quality models without reference images in milkshape.
That gun is absolutely nowhere near the level of somebody who made crates and walls until now.
The modeling on that is ridiculously effective, sure the mesh isn't too complex but there are no wasted faces and the wrap and the texture is amazing.
As Ballistic said, if you could model like that you wouldn't have to download free models of houses or hospital props.
If you could model as efficiently as you "did" with the gun you wouldn't struggle looking for resources.
You would make five houses in an afternoon.

And please, images where you delete parts of the model are not called WIPs, where are your reference images ? Don't tell me you are modeling that out of your mind.
And what exactly are you doing with the scope ? Why did you detach the end of it ? Because, quite obviously it was part of the cylinder.
And please don't BS us, the posterization is quite obviously not in the texture.. it bleeds into the background and is different as you took the pic from different angles and if it really was part of the texture the edges would be defined, not a blurry gnawed shit.
You quite obviously slapped it there to omit the fact that the texture and wrap is of industry standard quality and most likely, wasn't made by you.

Do you know what I see ? A thief who wasn't satisfied by just omitting the sources of the stuff she presents to the public so she went and decided to earn full credit.
The crossbow has large amount of conceptual work behind it, it was made by somebody who knows what he was doing, not by somebody who would put a rifle barrel to intersect with a crossbow string nor somebody who has no idea how big a rifle magazine is. (No it is not an SMG using 9mm caliber, neither you claimed it to be until one of your followers rushed to your rescue)
I'm quite sure that if you would remove all the assets that you didn't make you would be left with a bunch of corridors filled with cuboids with random google textures for flooring and walls.

I'm done, keep on getting the project of the month awards for presenting desaturated pics of things made by other people, spitting in the face of other hive members who actually put effort into their creations in the process.
This project is a disgrace to THW and an insult towards its efforts to promote creative work instead of promoting ripping skills and theft the way many of the russian wc3 sites do.
It is a shame that these people actually believe you made all this.
I'd love to believe you made the gun, I really would. But considering your standpoint on rips and using resources of others and your past claims of how you struggle with assets and claims of how you would model them if you could or had means for it, I find it hard to believe that you actually did make it.
But sure, if you did then we are in to see some amazing work in the future and no more rips aren't we ?

What's special is that you have modelling skills + the patience to do all of these...
See ? That is the sadness I'm talking about.

Level 4
I call that BS.
Or you are a genius, suddenly creating studio quality models without reference images in milkshape.
That gun is absolutely nowhere near the level of somebody who made crates and walls until now.
The modeling on that is ridiculously effective, sure the mesh isn't too complex but there are no wasted faces and the wrap and the texture is amazing.
As Ballistic said, if you could model like that you wouldn't have to download free models of houses or hospital props.
If you could model as efficiently as you "did" with the gun you wouldn't struggle looking for resources.
You would make five houses in an afternoon.

And please, images where you delete parts of the model are not called WIPs, where are your reference images ? Don't tell me you are modeling that out of your mind.
And what exactly are you doing with the scope ? Why did you detach the end of it ? Because, quite obviously it was part of the cylinder.
And please don't BS us, the posterization is quite obviously not in the texture.. it bleeds into the background and is different as you took the pic from different angles and if it really was part of the texture the edges would be defined, not a blurry gnawed shit.
You quite obviously slapped it there to omit the fact that the texture and wrap is of industry standard quality and most likely, wasn't made by you.

Do you know what I see ? A thief who wasn't satisfied by just omitting the sources of the stuff she presents to the public so she went and decided to earn full credit.
The crossbow has large amount of conceptual work behind it, it was made by somebody who knows what he was doing, not by somebody who would put a rifle barrel to intersect with a crossbow string nor somebody who has no idea how big a rifle magazine is. (No it is not an SMG using 9mm caliber, neither you claimed it to be until one of your followers rushed to your rescue)
I'm quite sure that if you would remove all the assets that you didn't make you would be left with a bunch of corridors filled with cuboids with random google textures for flooring and walls.

I'm done, keep on getting the project of the month awards for presenting desaturated pics of things made by other people, spitting in the face of other hive members who actually put effort into their creations in the process.
This project is a disgrace to THW and an insult towards its efforts to promote creative work instead of promoting ripping skills and theft the way many of the russian wc3 sites do.
It is a shame that these people actually believe you made all this.
I'd love to believe you made the gun, I really would. But considering your standpoint on rips and using resources of others and your past claims of how you struggle with assets and claims of how you would model them if you could or had means for it, I find it hard to believe that you actually did make it.
But sure, if you did then we are in to see some amazing work in the future and no more rips aren't we ?

See ? That is the sadness I'm talking about.
I can see that you have an emotional problem, since even with such determination you trying to prove me something.

I don't want to continue this arque shit. I made a model that would rather be anywhere you can not download it.

SMG, 9mm etc tec?
You getting stuck with some details in the 1527 polys model? Oh maybe make me an interview about modern weaponary? And tell me what's wrong than. Sorry, but... man, you're ill.
Oh, and it has posterizated texture.

About hospital props.
I can not imagine myself doing anything from scratch when there are ready models. It is easier to remake it.

That's my job. I spent a lot of hours on it. So honestly Fuck you. I do not care if some Talavaj believe it or not. If you have a problem with that, I do not know, do not review the thread or do not enter Hive workshop. I'm done with you.

PS: Maybe your ego got hurt, because a girl can do with regular tools something good or even awesome looking?

Edit:
(I'm not retarded to argue without proofs)

You are.

I have a reason to believe her, and that is the fact that people improve when they give time and effort to practice... yeah at the earlier days she might be looking for simple models, "ripping" a bit, but given the time frame that this project has undergone, I believe that her improvement in that field is highly possible...

Also, yeah, making things realistic are good... but you cannot force someone to abide by our world's reality when he/she is making a game, mainly because the world of that game is her own, and anything the creator wants is possible and is the truth of that world... I just really get a bit irritated when people force game developers, mappers and such to make things realistic in terms of our world's reality...

anyway, @xorkatoss - I'm gonna check it out... hahahaha...

Level 16
I can see that you have an emotional problem, since even with such determination you trying to prove me something.

I don't want to continue this arque shit. I made a model that would rather be anywhere you can not download it.

SMG, 9mm etc tec?
You getting stuck with some details in the 1527 polys model? Oh maybe make me an interview about modern weaponary? And tell me what's wrong than. Sorry, but... man, you're ill.
Oh, and it has posterizated texture.

About hospital props.
I can not imagine myself doing anything from scratch when there are ready models. It is easier to remake it.

That's my job. I spent a lot of hours on it. So honestly Fuck you. I do not care if some Talavaj believe it or not. If you have a problem with that, I do not know, do not review the thread or do not enter Hive workshop. I'm done with you.

PS: Maybe your ego got hurt, because a girl can do with regular tools something good or even awesome looking?

Edit:

You are.

...he gave you a constructive criticism with technical explanations, and you replied with a 90% emotion 10% technical.

at least you should give him the reply he deserved.

1. reply to every single criticism and question he made.
2. satisfy his technical demands.

if your works are from your own, i believe (and i do believe in you!), you would be able to explain them thoroughly.

i also had a few question as lately ive been making assets for my unity works for half a year, hence my hiatus on hive.

how did you manage to build those without a reference image on milkshape?
the proportions are flawless, i do believe there are some concept arts that you used, just like how Talavaj did his asset creation (Memento Mori), his work actually had a folder full of reference concepts to stay true to technical proportions. (like seriously, how did you do that without. milkshape background image.)

how did you manage to build a single mesh to that gun's body, no seriously, thats not something made part by part, snapping polies in milkshape does not actually deletes the two polies, which will take an extra poly space, which means an inefficient polycount. and i don't think there is any here. furthermore, part by part modeling is clearly visible on its mesh faces. look at the faces from its grip to the gun body, thats clearly a single mesh, and a very complex one. part by part modeling is clearly not the case here. same goes for the bow wings, a branched single mesh? (if you see its root, its hugely efficient), there is a technique behind this, mind telling us? i am very interested in this, you should've documented the wip properly instead of deleting a part of the mesh of its final form, the technique is a work of art that should not goes undocumented, now its lost forever ;((

the fact that its done with part by part modeling while it stays the same proportion with other jointed mesh (like the scope you detach and attach to the cylynder, the edges are of the same size!, wtf? that clearly is a single mesh!, i can see a set of poly translation skill, which is to its finest, not just a simple drag and drop. i want to analyze the technical work behind it, do you mind sharing the scope and the bow wing model?. there is tons of calculations done with this extreme poly translation skill, getting everything to fit with each other, the dilligence involved is extreme!, this needs a clear concept art with sizes that are already calculated,for example the scope handle to its attachment should be 12 units apart to fit perfectly, the bow wing to its gun should exactly match the 20 units length, how do you know its units apart? a detailed concept work behind has been involved, truly a marvelous work, congratulations!

are there any blueprints left for the gun? i would like to see this marvelous piece myself ;0

That's what I was saying before. It takes both skill and determination to make a very good model, but some things just require tools. Milkshape is simply not that advanced. You can do good things with it, and you could have built that model in it, but it would not have been so efficient. Unless you have some secret.
That looks like it was done with graphite modeling tools in 3ds max or some sort of program that can do boolean operations. (Which are a very important part of making complex shapes.)
So, please fully explain how you made that model.

Last edited:
Level 4
A guy from defuncted polish site (Arcane MPQ) called Smoke (He has account here) helped me with warping because mine, done with milkshape wasn't so good. Also I asked him to reduce poly count if possible and merge textures into one or 2 files. He has 3ds max and god knows what more tools. I sent him a lot of files, not just this one.

Milkshape have a lot of usefull tools and plugins. Also you can download more. I enjoy this program for over a year. Also how some geometry have identical size? You know button like mirror, than save and merge?
Tools like model cleaner also help you delete some useless poly, texture bugs and other, but sometimes can little move it's structures. However it's very easy to fix with operating seperated groups. The last thing is just regroup. I will not mention the Driect X mesh tool and smooth edges.

@razor21: This conversation, "war" with Talavaj is not just two posts. This is happening for a long time. So constructive criticism and technical explanations rather don't exist here.
About concepts. I have everything planned out. I have hundreds of drawings, model concepts, locations plans, but no scaner to show it. Hovever here is an old topic of my drawings in art section.

I did not know that a simple model will call me so many problems with some people. Textures have filters that are improving it's quality. Every model in this project have improvided texture. I am 2d artisit by profession. I work mainly to improve the quality of photos. Also renovating old photos, even before Second World War.

Anyways, I especially given wips before anyone asked me how it was done. "Said: For the curious". Like the rest of different models.

If so will be a fuss, every time like this, I'd really consider whether it is better for me to the next update be a beta version or full version. And you I'll wait for it a bit.
Or I just should ignore such a fuss.

Edit:
Also try to add to your models materials with Normal/Modulate/Additive filters in Magos. And there is my secret, all screenshots of this crossbow are from War3ModelEditor. I won't mention how great effects gives it the game in conjunction with the lighting.

In life you have to be creative and clever. ^^ That's why Requiem looks like it looks.

Last edited:
Level 4
Saying that there is no boolean in Milkshape is wrong - there are many places you can download them.

That's what I was talking about. Some "pro" modelers who play with expensive toys, think that thay know everything about worst programs. Also some game developers could say, such procject on Wc3 engine is impossible.

Last edited:
Level 23
Saying that there is no boolean in Milkshape is wrong - there are many places you can download them.
It also seems like a fallacy to me to imply that these things "cannot be done" without boolean operations.

Worst case scenario, you can always place the vertices and join the dots with faces. Might not be as pleasant but anything is possible with a bit of patience.

Level 17
I'm not convinced, but I don't care.
I apologize for my passive aggressive attitude, it is not my privilege to judge your work regardless of the ways you do/do not do it.
Especially so if you have people who like what you are doing.

I have only one humble request of you, refrain from remarks along the lines of:
Also some game developers could say, such procject on Wc3 engine is impossible.
They are cringeworthy. You are not "pushing wc3 engine boundaries" nowhere, really.

Anyways, have fun with what you are doing ~

Level 4
The one thing you should have done is credited that smoke guy who helped you out on your original post.

I know him in real. Also he is creating soundtrack. :)

They are cringeworthy. You are not "pushing wc3 engine boundaries" nowhere, really.

It has nothing to do with it. Important is, how do I deal with exisitng boundaries.

Level 15
I'm not convinced, but I don't care.
I apologize for my passive aggressive attitude, it is not my privilege to judge your work regardless of the ways you do/do not do it.
Especially so if you have people who like what you are doing.

Anyways, have fun with what you are doing ~

Two things mate.

First, she said "some game developers COULD say", which would means that these are not WC3 modders, but full scale developers, who could easily say that, seeing the original game content compared to her map(s). Also notice that using could suggests that there may or may not have been cases of this happening. You are clearly talking based on emotions. If you hate Kit for a reason, at least don't make a mess out of this thread, or even better, ask her in private message to send you more WIPs or her contacts so you can certify what she's been doing.

Second, it's pretty clear that it's not really that her reasons are bad, it's more of you not accepting any reasons as valid apart from your owns. This is either because you are too dumb to listen to reasons, or your ego and self-esteem won't let you change your mind even after hearing and seeing things that would convince you. If you were her roomate, husband or even her child, I could agree with you. But you are accusing someone for something you can not prove. And, you know, everyone is innocent until they are found guilty. Show me a proof, as she has hers.

Oh, and btw, making something like this in 3dsMax is nowhere close to industrial standards. Some of the techniques are there, but current standards are higher than this. The bumpmap was most likely generated by her friend when he reduced the polycount. If you want us to believe you, ask her for one of her models and check the source for software footprints (with you being this rude I doubt this would go well, but anyway, you should have done this from the start.)

Level 15
It's just that I don't get how you found such a quote :D I'd never ever find something like that :D
Also, sooner or later (maybe years? who knows... Depends on how soon I can master drawing on this thing (my Wacom Bamboo ^^)) I guess I'll try drawing something for Requiem if you'll be still on it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.