• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Cheers to people then :)

wkurzone-dzieciaki-13866793.jpg

I forgot about shooting system. Is similar to V.A.T.S. form Fallout 3.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ NEW WEAPON!

77356387.jpg
Revolver (Colt Python)
Range weapon

Double action handgun chambered for the .357 Magnum cartridge, built on Colt's large I-frame.
Craftable ammunition.
It can be improved by including additional elements, increasing its weight.

Can be repaired
Upgradeable
Scope Attachment slot

Damage (Range): 52 (original ammunition), 27-32 (crafted ammunition)
Armor Penetration: 20.8
Max Range: 700
Capacity: 6
Durability: 75 (Basic: 75)
Attack Speed: (Slow reloading speed)
Critical hit chance: Moderate
Special abilities: Handle Strike

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

357 Magnum, hell yeah. As far as I recall, this thing packs a serious punch :)

Level 2
Silent Hill in WarCraft 3. Creepy and that is how this sh*t should look like. Project on the highest level.

Level 4
When will you finish this map? Or can you show me the progress now?
I've showed it to my friends and they said it is not a Warcraft map, but if it is, it is Warcraft IV = =" So I'm going toprove it is Warcraft and also enjoy this map^^

Level 4
When will you finish this map? Or can you show me the progress now?
I've showed it to my friends and they said it is not a Warcraft map, but if it is, it is Warcraft IV = =" So I'm going toprove it is Warcraft and also enjoy this map^^

Blah... I Specially recorded the loading screen in first gameplay video to prove that this is Wc3 and show how quickly the map is loading. :p

Well... Warcraft 4 definitely won't be a black-and-white horror RPG game in third person. Rather RTS in Azeroth, with Arthas, Plauge, Orcs, Elves and other shit, don't you think? ;)

There is not a release date yet. Also consider that, I am working on it totally alone.
So you have choice. Wait or offer help. ;)

Last edited:
Level 4
I don't have any abilities to help you= =
I just giving suggest after playing the maps (maybe you can say I'm a bug repoter, which also adding my own suggestions.)

So you see is "improve" instead of "make" (I change it now...)

If you want me to help, what can I do? (No abilities, no money to buy mdx. (T_T) But I konw some of GUI, which wil not help you- -")

Oh about the loading screen, it don't have the progress bar so they don't belive= =

Almost forget (in fact forgotten XD)... Congratulations for being a 1st runner up^^

Last edited:
Level 4
I don't have any abilities to help you= =
I just giving suggest after playing the maps (maybe you can say I'm a bug repoter, which also adding my own suggestions.)

So you see is "improve" instead of "make" (I change it now...)

If you want me to help, what can I do? (No abilities, no money to buy mdx. (T_T) But I konw some of GUI, which wil not help you- -")

Oh about the loading screen, it don't have the progress bar so they don't belive= =

I was speaking about help generally. Not that I want specially you or something. :D

(...no money to buy mdx. (T_T)

That one interested me. No one buy models. xC

Almost forget (in fact forgotten XD)... Congratulations for being a 1st runner up^^

:*

Level 4
Sorry, 3DX Max instead of mdx = ="...
Btw, how to give people credit...?
...............................(^^^^I thought credit card when I saw it) You know why I use bad english in my "signature", but it don't mean all people in Hong Kong has bad English =P

Your project started at 2011?! So that you are doing this for 2 years already?

Last edited:
Level 4
Sorry, 3DX Max instead of mdx = ="...
Btw, how to give people credit...?
...............................(^^^^I thought credit card when I saw it) You know why I use bad english in my "signature", but it don't mean all people in Hong Kong has bad English =P

Your project started at 2011?! So that you are doing this for 2 years already?

Blah, I have my private life too. I don't sit on PC and make Requiem all the time. :p

Level 15
With a lot of time and effort... And more time.. And even more time... And - guess what - even more time. Though I don't think she works a lot on it lately (and lately is relative), plus she is remaking tons of stuff always...

Btw Kit (I like it like this :3), a tip I got from some professional game devs that applies to your map too - don't remake anything until you are done with everything else, and after that, only after you released it. Unless it's not game breaking, of course. Because after years of work, looking back you will always find something you don't like. Saying it because of the fact that you remade a lot of things, like the inventory. Finish, release then remake the systems you don't like and release the changed map after each replaced system.

Level 4
With a lot of time and effort... And more time.. And even more time... And - guess what - even more time. Though I don't think she works a lot on it lately (and lately is relative), plus she is remaking tons of stuff always...

Btw Kit (I like it like this :3), a tip I got from some professional game devs that applies to your map too - don't remake anything until you are done with everything else, and after that, only after you released it. Unless it's not game breaking, of course. Because after years of work, looking back you will always find something you don't like. Saying it because of the fact that you remade a lot of things, like the inventory. Finish, release then remake the systems you don't like and release the changed map after each replaced system.

You really think you know exactly what I'm doing, what I remake, how many times and when? I do not think so. The inventory system was redesigned 2 times. The abilities system about 3, due an fact that I'm looking for best concept.
Now best part: Each remake takes me about several hours and then i back to creating new stuff. Well, now let's count. It seems, that remaking "tons of stuff" took me about 2-3 days.

So you want to tell me, that I wasted weeks, months or "and more time.. and even more time...", right?
And this system remaking makes that huge delays? Not lack of resources and above all, active hands to work?

...some professional game devs that applies to your map...

Who?

Level 15
Hmm you quite took it like I was attacking you - if it sounded like that, I apologize (and reading back, it actually did sound like that >_<). I did not mean by any way that I exactly know what you are doing there, although I think most of the time you share it with us :p. And you actually posted about the remake of the inventory and the ability system as well. You also mentioned yourself a few times that you don't have much time to work on this project.

Aaand of course I'm aware of the fact that you have little to or no help at all-I'm a programmer, and given that you can more than solve triggering by yourself, I doubt you would need my help.

So, no offence, just trying to forward the insight coming from above me.

The "more time and even more time" thing was the answer for this quote bellow, as I guess you actually spent a lot of time with the entire project:
How the hell you gonna do this?

Level 7
Great job, Kithraya! Keep up the good work!
Your screens are always amazing but tell us a bit more of story-line.
As far as i remember your old project 'Forgotten World' (which is an older version of Requiem) from one of other forums that it was something to do with the plague and dark unknown evil. Is this Requiem still will be based on the same story-line?
Can you tell us a bit about the main character. What's her name? How did she get in this god-forsaken locations of yours, and what's her history? Did she lost someone and now looking for a revange? Or is she just in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Level 4
Many ideas from my cute FW has been placed in Requiem, but Requiem is another story. ;)

Main character? She does not remember her name*, just like everyone else in that place, named "Death World". She knows that she had her own life, but she doesn't remember anything. Death World, where she wakes up is totally twisted, broken world. There is some kind of plauge, which changes the "new arrivals" into monsters. Sometimes change process takes years, sometimes just a few days.
Our heroine isn't lucky and her transformations seems to occur drastically fast. At the beginning of the game she finds clothes, the first primitive weapons and the cave, which is like our base to end the game. In that cave she finds a man who for some reason has not changed (Goshan). He explains her the situation, convey knowledge about the place and learns her the rules, that her must follow in order to survive. With his help we build from garbage our suit, flashlight and... gas mask, which slow disease progression.

Perhaps there is a way to get out of this nightmare (She have to find a way to open mysterious black door - but what exactly is behind the door?). Or she should try to find a way to take her memories back? Or smth else? She have a little time, but the path she will choose, is up to player.

Half-zombie character is imo very original. Your main weapon can be claws, Which you can upgrade. Life drain (Vampirism), rapid attack, special hits etc, etc.

(*) Player is able to type her name during first conversation with Goshan. The default name is Blair. Name of the girl she meets when she wakes up, just few moments before her "second death". But it certainly was not her real name.

Level 4
In that cave she finds a man who for some reason has not changed (Goshan)

Some days ago in dota a weird russian yelled gashan about 400 times into the voice chat, after that he started pingin on roshans place and spammed captain Caps like GASHAN GASHAN GASHAN.

Made my day.:ogre_haosis:

Level 6
Many ideas from my cute FW has been placed in Requiem, but Requiem is another story. ;)

Main character? She does not remember her name*, just like everyone else in that place, named "Death World". She knows that she had her own life, but she doesn't remember anything. Death World, where she wakes up is totally twisted, broken world. There is some kind of plauge, which changes the "new arrivals" into monsters. Sometimes change process takes years, sometimes just a few days.
Our heroine isn't lucky and her transformations seems to occur drastically fast. At the beginning of the game she finds clothes, the first primitive weapons and the cave, which is like our base to end the game. In that cave she finds a man who for some reason has not changed (Goshan). He explains her the situation, convey knowledge about the place and learns her the rules, that her must follow in order to survive. With his help we build from garbage our suit, flashlight and... gas mask, which slow disease progression.

Perhaps there is a way to get out of this nightmare (She have to find a way to open mysterious black door - but what exactly is behind the door?). Or she should try to find a way to take her memories back? Or smth else? She have a little time, but the path she will choose, is up to player.

Half-zombie character is imo very original. Your main weapon can be claws, Which you can upgrade. Life drain (Vampirism), rapid attack, special hits etc, etc.

(*) Player is able to type her name during first conversation with Goshan. The default name is Blair. Name of the girl she meets when she wakes up, just few moments before her "second death". But it certainly was not her real name.

Were you inspired by Angel Beats in any way? Just asking.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hey Kithraya, great thing you're spending your time on this great project. I hope you would finish it some day :)

Level 4
Recently I have little time, but I am slowly collecting new things/updates together. In Requiem for now return "colorful" locations :) They have been a little... neglected.
Anyway wall texture needs some improvements. Also i started adding additive materials again, and attaching shadows in blp. format to models, to obtain such effects:
(You can enlarge picture)

newflashlighteffect.jpg

Works fine in first person. In 3rd, sometimes it causes bugs with blend materials like blood and shadows so I need more work on it.

How exactly are you adding shadows to the models without a professional modeling program? Are you drawing shadows and then UVW mapping them with mdlvis or something? That would be incredibly tedious and almost impossible in a second rate program.
I managed to get cast shadows in, as shown here in the later pages, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/models-my-upcoming-project-232949/
but I have a professional modeling program to do that with.
I imagine it would be very hard unless you have a modeling program with powerful rendering tech that you are somehow connecting to warcraft 3. The only one I know of with said capability is 3DS Max. You could also be downloading models with shadows applied.

Level 4
Some models which I download mostly are too high poly, incompleted or texture less. For me there is no time to have fun with professional modeling programs (I work only on Milkshape :D) to try get some awesome shadow effects. I mostly work on systems, so my easy solution is:

I draw shadows in Photoshop, than attach to model shadows as flat geoset (exactly it's picture) with .blp texture with 40-45% alpha channel using blend material. (For example look at this hammer).

Anyway, I think such things in Wc3 require more cleverness than modeling skills. Easy and fast. :)

Interesting.
The shadows I use are made in a way that requires minimal file size, and are pretty much accurate because they use raytracing. And the best part is, all I have to do is sit back and wait for five minutes while a super advanced shadow map draws and UVW maps itself. It might take up quite a bit of space and time if you're planning to do that self-drawn technique with everything.

1.5 minutes? That seems a little unrealistic. (Then again, who knows, not me) But whatever, that seems like a good, though not very accurate shadow wise solution.

EDIT: Modeling geometry isn't very hard to learn. Milkshape isn't the best program, so It might be harder there, but it doesn't really become difficult until you need to make organic meshes such as humans and animals, and then rig and animate them.

Level 4
1.5 minutes? That seems a little unrealistic. But whatever, that seems like a good, though not very accurate shadow wise solution.

It looks good, maybe they aren't raytracing but the main assumption in my flashlight system is that a light source that is located above the model.

Anyway it is just a Wc3 map.

EDIT:
it doesn't really become difficult until you need to make organic meshes such as humans and animals, and then rig and animate them.

Yea. That's what makes me the trouble. xC

Level 4
how did you make the camera rotation like that: is it a hack or did you use natives
also.. so..many..ripped.. moddels... @__@

All I use is normal WE. Anyways, that camera system is made in GUI with just few short triggers. Imo it's one of the least valuable of systems in Requiem. ^^
Not so many, trust me.

At the moment I'm working on hospital layout. I used some models from hospital pack by FPSX Games ( http://www.fps-x-games.com/ ). Oh..my poor hand and eyes... enough working with PS on texture details. :D More details soon.

img1.jpg

img1.jpg img2.jpg img3.jpg img4.jpg img5.jpg
PS: My video card broked down, so now I must work on my old GeForce4 Ti 4200, but could be worse. :p

Level 4
New Gun. :3

wnvu.jpg

wip2.jpg

wipz.jpg

none.jpg

fqmf.jpg

item.jpg
Cross Gun (Hybrid)
Range weapon

The combination of classic crossbow and machine gun.
Rifle and crossbow act on independent mechanisms.
Craftable ammunition.
It can be improved by including additional elements, increasing its weight.

Can be repaired
Upgradeable
Scope Attachment slot
Underbarrel Attachment slot

Damage (Arrow): 20-32 (crafted ammunition)
Armor Penetration: (depends on the distance) 5.5-19.5
Max Range: 600

Damage (Rifle): 15-25 (crafted ammunition) 32-42 (original ammunition)
Armor Penetration: 18.5
Max Range: 800

Capacity: (Arrow) 1
Capacity: (Rifle) 30
Durability: 100 (Basic: 100)
Attack Speed: (Moderate reloading speed)
Critical hit chance: Moderate
Special abilities: None

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Time, Ms Freeman? Is it really that time again? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.