• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models From My Upcoming Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Models from Hunter

222246-albums6108-picture70312.png

FOR FURTHER MODEL UPDATES SCROLL DOWN IN THE THREAD!

EDIT: 7/8/2013
Go to the later pages in the thread for the newer models. They look much better. I am constantly updating.

A small teaser screenshot with a few of the models from my upcoming project included. Created in 3DS Max 10 and exported with NeoDex.

E2qCHdw.jpg

Newest Update- Added new terrain textures, added several new assets, redid terrain.

NM9tXkH.jpg

5dvrSdI.jpg

fcGC7BW.jpg

vpC7UEL.jpg

S7YjiSY.jpg

brjwYVV.jpg

evZGE3S.jpg

These screenshots are taken in a testing map, and are not screenshots from the actual project. This entire village scene was created using 821 doodads and causes no lag.

Last edited:
Major update.
As for sharing the assets, the houses are meant to fit in with the project's story, so I doubt I'll share those.
I'll probably release some of the better plant models in a pack. (Which ones would you guys want?) But I'll have to have a pretty good reason to share all of them. I want to keep my mod's assets fairly exclusive to give it a distinguishable visual style.

Level 14
Major update.
As for sharing the assets, the houses are meant to fit in with the project's story, so I doubt I'll share those.
I'll probably release some of the better plant models in a pack. (Which ones would you guys want?) But I'll have to have a pretty good reason to share all of them. I want to keep my mod's assets fairly exclusive to give it a distinguishable visual style.

The small ground bushes and leaves would do nicely. ^^ 'drowns in saliva'

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, I have to hand it to you, these are surely great models. I'm interested to see how the project turns out. As for sharing, I'd love to get my fingers on that bridge :)

A few screenshots showcasing the now fully functional self shadow casting rendering calculations. Shadows are now properly soft, transparent, and colored. They add a lot more 3 dimensionality to the models. I'm happy with the result.

KxCZdPe.jpg

BEqy3xn.jpg

fxGOrYU.jpg

A Wooden Stool: Tech Show

First picture. Notice how it emulates real lighting by simulating the light passing through the cracks between the wooden boards.

qdCSmDK.jpg

A second shot.

saUXqpW.jpg

Last edited:
Level 20
Kill the file size? Hardly. Campaigns are single player, so file size isn't a problem. Right now everything I've made that you've seen or haven't seen is about 80 megabytes. I expect the finished campaign to be almost 200. And nowadays, 200 megabytes is really not that much at all, so I'm not seeing any problems.

Oh I thought you were making a map, not a campaign. In that case never mind my question.

Level 30
Things are really starting to come together now.
10 New Screenshots.

hfCmcnc.jpg

6xvh5fw.jpg

1O0IqEC.jpg

1MYcs7z.jpg

qOIPPoI.jpg

yU6Bkbq.jpg

M0Es7lk.jpg

BPhR6IT.jpg

xaG52IK.jpg

rkT14DD.jpg

Thoughts?

You have impressed me once again. I love the doodads and destructible used and so the terrain itself is good and to add also realistic. Its like real life, the terrain. But if you want some little improvements, maybe raise the ground a little. It looks flat. But overall, Nice job and have my +3 REP!

Level 17
Nice Nice ! It reminds me of the Gothic 2 from piranha bytes.
The only thing is the biggest trees, their leaves have a slightly different hue and it looks kinda off, especially at night.

I'm fine with flatness, It is a town after all. People build those on clearings not on a random pile of dirt.
I think wc3 modders make terrain "not flat" too much. (at where it doesn't make sense)

Level 30
Looks really good and has this good qulity but what bothers me is that the grass is like bright, if you know what I mean. There is like a white color on it that makes it like disturbing.

But overall, a nice job and also you might animate this or is it already animated? :cgrin:

Level 14
Judging by screenshots 6 7 9 the thin grass on the ground does not turn darker when the time of day is changed to night (or perhaps used daynightcycle ), but then again the rework on it looks great. ^^

Keep up the splendid work.

Status
Not open for further replies.