• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NeoDex Bones Hierarchy Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i have a problem, when a part of a model shifted out from the model.

The solution that for me was suggested is the unlink bones in 3ds max before exporting from 3ds max, and then reattach bones in the same hiearcity as they was before in the MDLvis. That actually fix that problem, however, it was good when it was with 9 bones, however, curretly the same model, have a same exact problem, but now with the arms. And in that case it's need to do this trick with 30 bones in a row, that a quite complex...

The interesting fact that i discovered as well, i saved entire model in FBX in the 3ds max, and then imported it to the Blender, and then exported model with Fingolfin exporter from blender to MDL model format, this issue not appear, however, that exporter uses only Linear animation interpolation (i've read that there is might be some setting to change it for a Bezier, however, the the NeoDex saves in the Hermite and animations look more vivid and interesting with that than the Linear interpolation. As well this way is trying to combine all geosets into a single one, so, that also causing the issue of clipping animations which i meet before.

So... The issue in the code of the NeoDex exporter or there is something i am doing wrong? Or there is might be a more unic trick to fix that, because, manually is a working way, but that quite long and complex. :p I am lazy about it, and that is only because i am thinking that is coding issue, and that is what causing me that lazy-style about it. :p

So, overall, anyone meet that problem?

The screenshot of the approximately effect of this problem:

(the book shifted on the left screenshot, on the right side, this how it should be)
unknown.png

UPD1: Seems like this is solved in this thread: Model Stretching if convert from MDL to MDX

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.