• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NeoDex exporting Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Hello,

currently I'm learning to animate via BlinkBoy's Animation Tutorial. I've done two simple stand animations and wanted to test the model InGame to see, if it works and how it looks. So I selected my model (all 8 meshs), went to the NeoDex Tab in 3ds MAX and clicked Export MDL, then hit export, and an error popped up: -- Runtime error: Exceeded the vertex count:Skin:Skin..

How can I solve this, and what is the problem? I really want to continue and finish this model!
I'm using 3ds max 2010 64-bit version. I already asked BlinkBoy for help, but he's rarely online and even more rare answering :(

Thanks in advance!! Really hope someone out there can help me fixing this (I think there are some people, who use 3dsmax 2010).

Greetings,
Tr!KzZ

Level 2
Try using this script, it is more stable and it works most of the time.Remember you must select all your model(including cameras and {maybe keyframes too} then only you may run the script.

Attachments

• 'DeX 0.185m.rar
    8 KB · Views: 96
Level 18
Thanks for help, but it still doesn't work..

I get the same error.. and this line is marked in the script:
Code:
-- matrix finding
		local matrixindex = undefined
		local bonegroup = #()
		[b][color=white]if s != undefined and ((skinOps.GetVertexWeightCount s v) > 0) then[/color][/b]
		(

Any other solutions? :/ I still can't export that damn model :(

Status
Not open for further replies.