• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Faulty model, won't show in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Ok, so I just started modelling, glancing through some diffrent tutorials for export as .mdl and mdl<->mdx, and texturing.

And I finally finished one that gave me no errors all the way through, it uses in-game textures which I've re-checked paths to a couple of times, It shows properly in wc3viewer, but in-game the texture doesn't show. The models is there, but it's all gray.

What could be the problem?

I use 3ds max 2010 Trial version, NEOdex to export, MdlxConv to convert.

Level 15
@ DonDustin, doesn't help me much, as super-sheep said, this is my model.

Don't know if it helps but this is how it looks:

attachment.php

Attachments

• prevfault.jpg
    prevfault.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 168
Level 15
but even your own models could be "corrupted" . When you forget about 1 geoset animation for example.

What do you mean? - remember, bigtime newb here - does the model require atleast one animation to work properly? even if that animation is just a no movement 'stand', and the model is to be used as an attachment?

Level 26
What do you mean? - remember, bigtime newb here - does the model require atleast one animation to work properly? even if that animation is just a no movement 'stand', and the model is to be used as an attachment?

I usually add a stand animation with an intervall from 0-1 just for being on the safe way.
The best way is always to post a bugged model just as a side note :>

Status
Not open for further replies.