• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
First screen from movie. Who is this? ;D

unled4ys.jpg

Animated, moving textures with transparency. It makes blur effect, something like stun.

Remaked scope fade filter used too.

how5.jpg

Level 3
Ok so I haven't been on Hive in like forever!!! o_O but I found this thread today, no clue in hell why I didn't discover it sooner!! This mod no..... GAME, it doesn't deserve to be called simply a map, or a mod, or whatever. Because it deserves a much higher respect and title, it's a complete new game. But if Goris wants it to be called a map or mod, I can settle for that. BUT, there are ABSOLUTELY no words to describe this beautifully, epic, amazing, awesome, MASTERPIECE!!!! And I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope, and I'm sure everyone else here would agree with me, that you finish this to the fullest!!! I would really like to play this when it's released, I swear I died and went to heaven looking at those screenshots and everything. It's just absolutely amazing. Keep it up and I'm looking forward to playing this for like ever!!! :vw_wtf: :ogre_haosis: :goblin_jawdrop: :goblin_boom: =)

Last edited:
Level 3
Yep I know, I was only stating that it was epicly well made and what not, I wasn't discrediting him about it just stated that it looks like a whole new game and probably will FEEL like a whole new game rather than a map/mod.

Level 14
First screen from movie. Who is this? ;D

unled4ys.jpg

Animated, moving textures with transparency. It makes blur effect, something like stun.

Remaked scope fade filter used too.

how5.jpg

This surely is the long-lost father of the main protagonist, who just happened to lost his memmory and can't remember his even longer-lost dauther. And she sees him in a dream which is actually not a dream but she cant realize it....what? Too much latino soap tv shows?

or it can be just called Goshan

By the way if for some reason you quit this project I think the hive will explode. And ofcourse we will get invaded by midgets.

Level 14
If he ever thinks he'd quit it I think he is clever enough to pass the map to someone who can continue with the same quality ^^ Or... he'll just never leave :)

Im quite doubtfull there is someone who works with the same quality and details, cous we would have seen something like Requiem a long time ago.
( I visit hive since 2006 but never liked to forum chit-chat till i saw this) :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
Ehm... Darkwind RPG WILL be multiplayer... And do my best to create everything I need myself :)

Quoted From Thyrael. I don't get why people just think that if a map is too good to be true it just always must be just single player. Enough off-topic though really.

The art in this Requiem project is immensely well done. Some of it seems a bit simplistic(like i know a bunch of the tricks with additive filters; and using an model that basically cycles textures) but when it's all put together it looks very realistic and almost like another whole game.

Level 4

I have no idea why the Requiem was compared with that. Totally two different maps. Survival Horror with RPG elements, called Requiem and big fantasy world, called Darkwind RPG - A Heros Tale? Yea... brothers. xD

ORPG?? Gosh....This is RPG mixed with adventure game. Let's call it RPGa ;D Something like 55% cotton (Survival horror) and 45% latex (RPG). xD

Lordkoon said:
This surely is the long-lost father of the main protagonist, who just happened to lost his memmory and can't remember his even longer-lost dauther. And she sees him in a dream which is actually not a dream but she cant realize it....what? Too much latino soap tv shows?

or it can be just called Goshan

Hahaha...You wanted to be clever, but you got a big mistakes in everything. :p Father? Long-lost? Such a plot threads are boring. Latino? Perhaps. ;)

Sorry, but I really hate when someone is looking on few details and is trying to reconstruct the whole story. A trick? Not with me.

Beyond that, you have right to think so. You don't know me and you could think of me as a guy who tolerates the frivolous stories.
I'm not well known on foreign forums too. ;/

PS: Oh... yea his name is Goshan (War3ModelEditor ---> Filename) 5/5 pts. xD

============================================================================================
============================================================================================

Generally you can't say that everything I'm doing alone. Soon I start to record voices. I will also need a few JASSers to make one of more complex and important systems.

Level 14
I have no idea why the Requiem was compared with that. Totally two different maps. Survival Horror with RPG elements, called Requiem and big fantasy world, called Darkwind RPG - A Heros Tale? Yea... brothers. xD

ORPG?? Gosh....This is RPG mixed with adventure game. Let's call it RPGa ;D Something like 55% cotton (Survival horror) and 45% latex (RPG). xD

Hahaha...You wanted to be clever, but you got a big mistakes in everything. :p Father? Long-lost? Such a plot threads are boring. Latino? Perhaps. ;)

Sorry, but I really hate when someone is looking on few details and is trying to reconstruct the whole story. A trick? Not with me.

Beyond that, you have right to think so. You don't know me and you could think of me as a guy who tolerates the frivolous stories.
I'm not well known on foreign forums too. ;/

PS: Oh... yea his name is Goshan (War3ModelEditor ---> Filename) 5/5 pts. xD

Generally you can't say that everything I'm doing alone. Soon I start to record voices. I will also need a few JASSers to make one of more complex and important systems.

Actually my comment on that Goshan guy was a joke :vw_unimpressed:

Level 4
What? Threat is under moderating? What? Is this project somekind of threat? What kind of? And to what? Maybe this whole thread is a treat to Hive? And if so then we must get rid of this threat? I mean thread? I mean your project?

Hmn...Oh.. I don't know what you wanted to achieve, but your detailed question sounds... funny (?).

When I started this threat, maybe I used a bad word (or good), but the moderating means that the first post is edited from time to time. Perhaps it means, that project is still alive too.

Overall, I am pleased that you noticed this "important detail" of the project. ;>

Level 15
I`m sticking to Requiem, that may look good but I`m sick of those "RPG" games that ain`t even roleplay. Just because it`s in medieval place with magick and inventory doesn`t make it roleplaying game!
But alas we may never know what`s into people`s heads!
I bet that Requiem will be awesome playing experience and I tell you good looks does not make a game play good.

Level 4
Yeah it will but Goris isn't planning on releasing a beta or anything like that, they're gonna release a full completed version

Thanks. ;) Yes, that's my plan.
Hmn.. but I reflect upon the beta version, for "wips" ;D, to come together and eliminate bugs.

I think they don't really plan on the map section coz of the rules...

Map size is too big for map section. Perhaps it will get own webside or something. ;)

Rules? You mean Rips? There is only few rips, downloaded form Goblin Academy, but strongly remaked. Heh... I wonder, how they reveal which models is rip?
Because looking at the textures and modifications, changed extents, bones, new geosets, animations, particles and everything else, it will not be easy for them, but ok. Beyond that, map will be protected, so:
I wish them good luck. ;D

I for one do hope she finishes it though.

Me too. ;)

Level 5
I wonder, how they reveal which models is rip?
Because looking at the textures and modifications, changed extents, bones, new geosets, animations, particles and everything else, it will not be easy for them, but ok. Beyond that, map will be protected, so:

When there's a suspection about ripped model (out from a game or stolen from some indie author) you must send them the files so they can examine and compare the models in 3DS max or any other 3D modelling program.
Yet - they, like you said look especially at the bones and they actually care if there are minor additions (like a small bag attached to the belt).
There was a lot of problems according to 3D models rips from Armed Assault in a Men of War modification, the Bohemia Interactive Studios (Creators of Armed Assault) got involved in it so it was serious, yet - the guy that used to be accused for that has prooved that he made the models from a scratch.

It's the copyright and law so your map protection won't help if somebody really gets frustrated.

Level 22
Rules? You mean Rips? There is only few rips, downloaded form Goblin Academy, but strongly remaked. Heh... I wonder, how they reveal which models is rip?

Fight da powah.

I've been wondering how you did the black and white effect on the dialogue, I guess it's an advanced filter of some sort.
This is definitely single-player right? :p

Level 4
I've been wondering how you did the black and white effect on the dialogue, I guess it's an advanced filter of some sort.
This is definitely single-player right? :p

Huh? You mean black-textured interface or conversation system or...? Maybe show pic and ask. ;D

Requiem as multi-player? Good joke. I like single-player games with interesting nad original story.

Btw: Filse size is not problem. (This is problem on Battle.net.) Your friends can download big-size map and play together via LAN.

Just wondering if you have any plans on when this would be released?

It will be done, when it's done. With the current work is still dumb about two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.