• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
BIG OFF-TOPIC:

There are so many things which I will not do on WC3 engine. SC2 have much, much nad much better graphics (I belong to the people that really appreciate graphic design. I can kill someone for few odd pixels. ;)).

Hmn... For example. I will never relase my biggest project, game design, called: The Forgotten World, because this engine does not have enough opportunities.

Here I could mention dozens of reasons.

Hmn ... SC2 is for noobs? ;)
Ok than. Someone will do an intimate scene like in Dragon Age on WC3? With the right lighting, shaders, etc? If yes, let me know.

Or make profesnional shooting system like in FPS games. In SC2 you need only to turn on few triggres.

As for the models of Fantasy. Fantasy is for the weak. There are only few good games and books that can worthily this species. Fantasy attract more people? Perhaps, but in the Post Apo (love it) and sci-fi you have more space for fresh ideas. Elves with bows, Orcs with axes, Knights, saving the world from evil - It is fucking boring and people make the same schematics in their books, games, and their maps and they think it is interesting... . . ... .

Personally, Blizzard did well, making SC2. It makes me laugh when I hear "WarCraft 4". Do you really believe that this will be ever relased? Why Blizzard should make War4? For new Editor? But we have SC2. Galaxy Editor is an improved version of WE.. so... i don't understand the reason.

LITTLE OFF-TOPIC:

Heh.. If I were to be employed by a game company, which I doubt, since Blizzard only interested in things like World of Starcraft I and some new DOTA project. On the other projects, they did not even look. Besides, Blizzard is doing mostly strategies.

I would prefer to join EA and do work on Dead Space 3, because Dead Space 2 creators don't know how to create interesting and unique story. ;>

SC2 is the future. WC3 is the past, that lives in artificial future world, created by fans.

==========================================================================================

Level 12
BIG OFF-TOPIC:

There are so many things which I will not do on WC3 engine. SC2 have much, much nad much better graphics (I belong to the people that really appreciate graphic design. I can kill someone for few odd pixels. ;)).

Hmn... For example. I will never relase my biggest project, game design, called: The Forgotten World, because this engine does not have enough opportunities.

Here I could mention dozens of reasons.

Ok than. Someone will do an intimate scene like in Dragon Age on WC3? With the right lighting, shaders, etc? If yes, let me know.

Or make profesnional shooting system like in FPS games. In SC2 you need only to turn on few triggres.

As for the models of Fantasy. Fantasy is for the weak. There are only few good games and books that can worthily this species. Fantasy attract more people? Perhaps, but in the Post Apo (love it) and sci-fi you have more space for fresh ideas. Elves with bows, Orcs with axes, Knights, saving the world from evil - It is fucking boring and people make the same schematics in their books, games, and their maps and they think it is interesting... . . ... .

Personally, Blizzard did well, making SC2. It makes me laugh when I hear "WarCraft 4". Do you really believe that this will be ever relased? Why Blizzard should make War4? For new Editor? But we have SC2. Galaxy Editor is an improved version of WE.. so... i don't understand the reason.

LITTLE OFF-TOPIC:

Heh.. If I were to be employed by a game company, which I doubt, since Blizzard only interested in things like World of Starcraft I and some new DOTA project. On the other projects, they did not even look. Besides, Blizzard is doing mostly strategies.

I would prefer to join EA and do work on Dead Space 3, because Dead Space 2 creators don't know how to create interesting and unique story. ;>

SC2 is the future. WC3 is the past, that lives in artificial future world, created by fans.

==========================================================================================

im just saying, sc2 is a kinda lazy editor, i mean, look at you job at wc3, everybody gona award you for your dedication, i saw a lot of sc2 maps, and i saw 1/2 days job to make a "cool" map :x

Level 5
BIG OFF-TOPIC:

I think that saying that S2 is a game for noobs was a bad idea. But in my opinion it's pretty silly to compare game from 2001 to a game that came out 10 years later (with gazillion times of changing the release date). Especially by reviewing their graphics and engine possibilities.

Well I think that's why people get mad about Starcraft 2, some of creators really worked hard on making something unique for Warcraft 3, lots of nights and days spent on studying the JASS and even triggers led them to create real masterpieces. Unlike W3, it seems like S2 gives possibility to make exactly same stuff within short time, every second of their work got wasted due to easiness of Galaxy Editor. That's pretty sad, they've got knowledge that is limited even more due to new editor in another game (made by the same studio).

I personally write stories in my own language, they are based in post apo and fantasy most of the time. There's not much difference tho, you could just cross them to create something really unique. But I never found fantasy boring, most of authors just make their books boring by some childish point of their view on life. Can't say that such stuff doesn't appear in sci fi or post apo, it just depends on somebody's imagination. I feel sorry for you if you've only read about:

Elves with bows, Orcs with axes, Knights, saving the world from evil

Must've been dramatic experience, but sadly you are right. Such things just get repeatable and most of bookwriters don't even notice it.

Can't argue with that. Dead Space storyline is kinda common, I mean - how many times did we hear about aliens/zombies etc infection or invasion in space, then some people send other people. One or a few of them survive and it's really boring, no dialogs, no emotions. Just some recorded tapes with crappy voice acting comparing to situation that happened there. ...

Yeah, but they have released the patch not long time ago, well it still doesn't revive W3 in any solid way but... yeah it's just up to you and other people, but, decisions always have their cons and pros...

Well, it's my first post in this thread so it would be kinda weird if I didn't mention anything about your project.

I must admit, this has potential, as I recall correctly, it's about to be finished so it's even greater news.
I really like the professionalism of the concept and the project itself, you've done really big piece of a good work on this one. I hope you'll get somekind of profit from it and I'd like to see more of your projects in other games (even if it will be SC2).

I'd like to try to review your mod when it's released if you don't mind.

Really, great job mate.
Cheers

Level 4
I feel sorry for you if you've only read about:

Elves with bows, Orcs with axes, Knights, saving the world from evil

It was an simple example. Do not generalize my statements.

Can't argue with that. Dead Space storyline is kinda common, I mean - how many times did we hear about aliens/zombies etc infection or invasion in space, then some people send other people. One or a few of them survive and it's really boring, no dialogs, no emotions. Just some recorded tapes with crappy voice acting comparing to situation that happened there. ...

I meant Dead Space 2 storyline, not Dead Space 1. Dead Space 2.

Level 19
Heck, both Warcraft III and Starcraft II are awesome because of the editor.
I'm sure both games would be very much appreciated and awesome stuff can emerge from them (Even standalone games can't do much compared to some player made maps), so yeah, I support both and hope that you'll keep modding in Warcraft III, and expand to Starcraft II as well, while still actively helping out with Warcraft III:)

Level 4
Hi!
I am currently working on details such as blood textures, corpses, searching system and artificial shadows and... some scary moments (sound + effects).

I spend so much time on a final ending for plot . Beyond that, I invented most of the threads, which I lacked in storyline. I have to find time to write it all. ;F

If i make something great, I'll share news.

Btw: One or two of the missing screenshots are in my profile album. ;>

Level 9
HOW can this be a wc3 map this is a new game.....

:) It's WC3, Just believe with "Goris", I believe he can do anything with WC3 hahaha.... It's just extra ordinary... Unbelievable, and I wonder if any moderator look at this... We should be proud we have Goris, hahaha...

Level 4
Today I worked on Lockpicking system.

unled5ol.jpg

You need to remember the combination of 10 arrows and you must enter everything in correct order. For now, the smallest mistake will reset entered arrows. Later, I will make, that an error will cause a reset of combination. Overall, the system allows to easily add a new combination in the form of a single trigger. There will be many different combinations. To show you how it works, I add a map with this system.

There is only 1 combination.

View attachment RQLockpicking.w3x

+ Missing Screenshot:

147940-albums2539-picture51183.jpg

Level 4
I dont have SC2 yet, except that my computer is not newest. ;C
I'm the type of person who likes challenges. Making Requiem on the WC3 engine is challenge and fun for me.
With the rest I don't want to thought that the graphics is the only strong point of my project. ;F

But.... aesthetics in this map are bad? ;)

Level 24
So what you're saying is that this project should be throwned in the garbage to create a new identicall project in SC II when the new SC II expansion soon will come out and this project will be long forgoten?

Level 4
So what you're saying is that this project should be throwned in the garbage to create a new identicall project in SC II when the new SC II expansion soon will come out and this project will be long forgoten?

He only said that on SC2 engine it would look better. And it would look better. But, who knows, on which engine Requiem 2 will be relased. ;D

Level 20
No, i just asked wondered why make such an epic project on Wc3 while the Sc2's editor is much more advanced (well, the game in general is).

Level 24
Ok that makes alot more sense but even though I think you should do it in WCIII because as you claimed not everyone has a good computer and most importanly the WCIII world editor is a gift blessed by the dragon aspects while the SCII world editor is just awfull.

Level 16
Level 4
goris, is all game in black?
In Death World everything is black and white and the there is always darkness. (I know! Storyline! I don't have time to write it all, xF)

Amazing!
Good job this is by far the best graphics i've seen on the whole site.

I use just the max possibility of WC3. ;)

I`m looking forward to talk to you.

Yea, but I know this technique. I'll send you pm later. ;P

Level 4
Recently I am working on cinematics. A big storyline description will be added soon.

66666k.jpg

(*) Of couse you are able to open the door (if it's unlocked). I plan to also give the possibility of holding the door in the moments when monsters are trying to get inside the room. Then you can hold the door using your own back and ... reload a weapon for example?

In game: ( First minute of the game )

unled23z.jpg

+ A simple example of riddles.

unled5j.jpg

Level 4
I follow the thread since his creation and it's a pleasure each time to discorve new screenshots.
They remember me the ambiance of Silence hill II about murky lights and dark, frightening environment and inventory.
Did you take a part of your inspiration of it?
I imagine a soundtrack without music and eerie sounds and I am completley in.
You are selling dreams to me o_O.

Level 4
I follow the thread since his creation and it's a pleasure each time to discorve new screenshots.
They remember me the ambiance of Silence hill II about murky lights and dark, and inventory.
Did you take a part of your inspiration of it?
I imagine a soundtrack without music and eerie sounds and I am completley in.
You are selling dreams to me o_O.

Perhaps it has some inspirations.
Few people said before, that this screenshot reminds them SH2:

147940-albums2539-picture51183.jpg

But for me, this reminds Grevious's "Paranoia". ;D

Requiem is something new, generally characterized by specific graphics and quite original story. A whole action takes place in real world (color) and the afterlife (black and white) ---> Death World, which has its own rules and where there is frightening, horror environment. Beyond that, there will be many other worlds to visit.

I use some monster sounds and screams and it cause, really scary feelings. xD

I should write the whole story, but I don't have too much time or desire to transfer everything from my head, using the keyboard. ;D

Level 4
BTW Is your character nudely naked in the first minute of the game? :goblin_good_job:!

Heh.. yeah. ;) Sorry, but in Death World nobody can appear with clothing.

Initially character is accompanied by hypothermia and severe dizziness (fade filter effects). In this case, at the very beginning we hear something... eats(?) other girl alive (this corpse on the floor on screen near our character). ;D This is a terrible awakening... jaj... need coffee. No. Need axe!

Status
Not open for further replies.