• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Oo 6^mb... EPIC :D
I don't want to clone your system (after all yours is SP only as I could tell from your triggers, which is not what I want ^^) I just tried making a socket system but I can't get it to look anything like it should so I think I'll abandon it and use my other socket system :(

To be honest, I don't really care about your triggers, since they are not mine ^^ I prefer sticking to my things if it's come to triggering - I only use someone other's work if it's REALLY EPIC and it's in the spell section ;)

WAIT... DON'T TELL ME THAT YOUR ENTIRE INVENTORY IS MOUSE-CONTROLLED Oo

Hmm... Thinking of it... It sounds even easier than multiboard-arrow pushing ;) Especially in multiplayer with trackables ^^

But to be completely honest, I would never give a system like yours out of my hand, maybe on my own map protected with everything I find ^^ And as things are going, my map won't be out for a year :(

Was it you who found the way to use buttons/trackables as UI elements? If yes, then you are my hero-most of my systems (and the best of them) are based on those :vw_love:

Oh, and the last thing: While making epic things, don't be surprised if people want to make things like you - it's the way life works, or at least how human mind works. The thing that separates you from them is you can actually reach what you want ;)

PS: Sorry for the little novel I just made xD

Level 9
yeah... i just want to know :smile:,

cuz it's impossible to play it on custom map :wink: with it's size limit.

Level 9
we can play more than 8MB file size in single player?!?

i dunno about that! thanks for that info! hehe

Level 19
But if enough time is spent, it'll definitely be worth to play on single player.
And I can gladly say this is worth to play.

Level 16
I have an idea, but it's seriously strange:

Use a custom font. Download the default font used by WC3 and make "0" invisible.
If you need that number, use a custom converter function. Replace a not used letter (like "@") with "0", and in the custom I2S function replace each "0" with "@".

Strange, but this is the only way that I can imagine.

Level 4
Sure.

+ something scary for good night. xD

78838251.jpg

lolhr.jpg

Level 4
Since yesterday, I am working on a new inventory system. Now you can control everything by mouse. It is divided into 5 categories, where number of items of each class is limited. Number of slots in each category is listed in the table.

Inventory
[TD]
Category:
Number of slots:
Name:
Item Type:

weaponsz.jpg

Weapons
Blades, blunt weapons, Shovel, primitive melee weapons, primitive ranged weapons,
nitroglycerin grenades, ranged weapons, rifles

medicals.jpg
Pharmaceuticals
Medicinal herbs, bandages, injury kits, exctracts, aid kits

toolsqq.jpg
Tool Equipment
Repair kits, hand screwdrivers, Shovel, spanners, hammers, nails, scraps of metal

otherb.jpg
Other Equipment
Non-special items, materials, ammunition, food

specialcs.jpg
Special Items
Items related to the tasks, Unique items like magic power up stones

[/TD]

Background model (5 slots - weapons category), Editor view.

wip2r.jpg

Last edited:
Level 9
....Now... after you posted that... I can't believe how you've done it.... YOU'RE TOTALLY EPIC!

Level 19
OMG somebody make sure nobody gets to hire him except Blizzard, they ought to after DotA.
Nice map heh, hope to see you constantly on it for Warcraft III:)

Level 19
Heh we have to make sure Blizzard does then, they do have the resources for him, and he could speak for the community!

Level 4
When choosing a category ---> the first click (on the bottom are gray versions) will award selected category + description at the top. Re-clicking opens the equipment category. So just make DubleClick to open, like folder in Windows. xD

Everything is based on the flat models and selection events.
For example, the slot is:

=========================================================
1. Hidden model showing the slot coordinates

2. Default object icon (if we acquire an item, the replace function is used and there is a simple system for checking that a slot is free)

3. Highlight model.
=========================================================

Items can be dropped, moved, deleted and [repaired] <-- (weapons, and tools only)

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
And they say blizzard would get more profit making another MMORPG...
Yeah right if this epicness can be made in a shitty game such as wc3 (I mean it's pretty old, and models are very low quality) then in Wc4 people would make their own MMORPGS xD
I just love comments such as "This.... is warcraft?" 'Cause I reacted like that when I saw this thread for first time too :D

Level 9
And they say blizzard would get more profit making another MMORPG...
Yeah right if this epicness can be made in a shitty game such as wc3 (I mean it's pretty old, and models are very low quality) then in Wc4 people would make their own MMORPGS xD
I just love comments such as "This.... is warcraft?" 'Cause I reacted like that when I saw this thread for first time too :D

ahahahaha

Level 4
I also had opinion that the Wc3 engine is weak. ;>
But gradually I started doing more crazy things and I discovered that, the engine is able to handle very much.

Wc3 engine is like an ant. It is small and insignificant, but can lift a lot more than it's own weight. :)
Btw: My next projects will be relased on SC2 engine.

@Fan: A big story description will be added in relase time.

I will show some sceenshots, when I finish this inventory sys.

Level 15
@Goris: until the WC3->SC2 modders don't finish their warcraftification modifications, you better stay at WC3 :D SC2's current graphics and animations aren't bad but I hope we can get some magic/medieval models/animations soon as I'm tired off the "skeletons" dressed as zealots and "necromancers" with assault rifles :p Oh, and I nearly forgot the archer turrets shooting plasma -.- we need a WC4 or at least a decent SC2 model/graphics pack ^^ medieval and fantasy always lured more players than scifi and that's something Blizzard ignored... Or they are just afraid of you and your kind Goris :D

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
I also had opinion that the Wc3 engine is weak. ;>
But gradually I started doing more crazy things and I discovered that, the engine is able to handle very much.

Wc3 engine is like an ant. It is small and insignificant, but can lift a lot more than it's own weight. :)
Btw: My next projects will be relased on SC2 engine.

@Fan: A big story description will be added in relase time.

I will show some sceenshots, when I finish this inventory sys.

You got it wrong. I meant models in wc3 are as shitty as hell.

@ Above post, this is why I hate sc2. People find a game with a little better quality and stop playing old games and stop making maps for old games :goblin_cry:

Level 15
Well as far as I can tell the WC3 community is still nearly as active as it was. I personally own a SC2 copy and I think the basic game is fun to play. But seeing this faked games without proper models kills the fun... The dota they made there is a piece of shit too as you can't even tell what's what in the shop... The only good map I saw this far is Maffia - it abuses all the resources SC2 can give. Also there was an alien infestation TPS survival but those two were all - others are only WC3 map fakes with little to no worth :( Also the map popularity system they use ruins everything as most good maps are on page 3-4+ but players are lazy to check them...

Status
Not open for further replies.